IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

9 hours ago, The Danimal said:

I know wido...I know what he meant...that basically they don't take any pride on their work....many items on my punch list due to sloppy installation and rushed work

I kinda sorta GOT that part.

However, I bolded "But most leading staff foreigner" I (still) have NO idea what that means.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

30 minutes ago, sulu said:

I kinda sorta GOT that part.

However, I bolded "But most leading staff foreigner" I (still) have NO idea what that means.

555  the main workers are still Thai/Cambodian...the main front office people are Thai and generally the main "guy" overseeing the project has been a Russian

1 minute ago, The Danimal said:

555  the main workers are still Thai/Cambodian...the main front office people are Thai and generally the main "guy" overseeing the project has been a Russian

Ahhhhhhhh, leading staff ARE foreigners. Got it. Thanks.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

On 15/09/2019 at 05:50, talung66 said:

i got some from Napak my lead for rentals she send me stuff every time something new is on the market  theres are form  a 1 bedroom on market yesterday for rent.with everything as you see 2 tv and even washing machine and  2 small aircon unit for each room. 

I guess, building B tirth floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, 

Any units available for longterm lease?

Hang Loose, mongoose!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, 

One of the farang owner told me, "Chinese are buying majority of the foreign ownership condos!"

Hang Loose, mongoose!

On 23/10/2019 at 13:13, The Danimal said:

Silence...anyone have a status update?  Gotten their chanote?

I check-in here to find out the same answer .. I was sort of hoping you would update us on your status, Danimal.

Buyers were greatly relieved when construction completed and they were offer beneficial occupancy of their units .. I cautioned then that they are not home yet .. until the developer pays off creditors holding the title deeds as collateral, the risk is not over .. even though buyers have fully paid for 'their units', the ownership of 'their units' remains in the hands of any creditors.

This thing has a pretty common history here .. undercapitalized and insufficiently solvent to complete the project .. there might be a lot of debt issues still hanging on out there.

Seeing someone get a chanote might indicate the developer is capable of and intends to deliver.

Edited by brutox
  • Like 3

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

1 hour ago, brutox said:

I check-in here to find out the same answer .. I was sort of hoping you would update us on your status, Danimal.

Buyers were greatly relieved when construction completed and they were offer beneficial occupancy of their units .. I cautioned then that they are not home yet .. until the developer pays off creditors holding the title deeds as collateral, the risk is not over .. even though buyers have fully paid for 'their units', the ownership of 'their units' remains in the hands of any creditors.

This thing has a pretty common history here .. undercapitalized and insufficiently solvent to complete the project .. there might be a lot of debt issues still hanging on out there.

Seeing someone get a chanote might indicate the developer is capable of and intends to deliver.

I was offered my chanote in August but I had left by then.  My unit is complete...I will be back in December to finalize things.  Will update as I get there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings, 

One of the farang owner told me, "Chinese are buying majority of the foreign ownership condos!"

That not new news in all pattaya at a guess the  edge all foreign quote will be sold out to majority Chinese.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Some insight on Thais and Thai ownership if any one can elaborate.

My Back story

I recently moved condos but still in centara residence.

The Electric bill just changed to government bill in mail box was bill for 280 baht with 60 baht  of the bill my share i gave it to agent she paid in full.let me off the 60 baht for giving her some leads + the water bill was also there but zero  was my share for that month  at time of moving in at best 35 baht so basically nothing on my end.

Napak is her name you might have seen her name i added in other treads for rentals.

Thinking all square now the next bills are all mine to pay.

Any how 2 weeks in on one day with my door open the technician came to turn off my water but knew me so didn't. I went to office they told be  bills not paid yet so i told the agent. there going to turn of my water so she got owner to pay.

But in 2 days i got my water was  turned off i went to office They said yes owner paid water 800 baht but not paid electric over 12000 baht.

So one the phone in office to agent back and fourth screaming and shouting  by Napak and juristic manager.

In the end the manager said she will turn it on for me. But moving on i now i know this the owner is in a payment plan for electric bill with juristic offices share from previous renter as now my share is now government bill that i pay at 7/11.

I told this story to another owner and this it where he gave me some insight on Thais and chanotes if any one can elaborate,

Apparently is a thing for Thais to put down there 10% deposit get the condo rent it out and never get there chanote and never pay it off.

I am not sue how it works apparently the common fees are not paid either but when exhausted on the 10% only then it can be repossessed  by the developer that can take many years 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Henrik Bejstrup Nielsen said:

Does anyone know if WiFi is fast enough to stream TV in Grand Avenue ? Direct from TV is dependant on where the router is in the corridor.

From experience in centara residence you cant answer that for each individual condo unless an owner has his own internet package added in your rental i presume..

Here in centara the WiFi stream is fast enough if the router is directly out the door if not it wont even reach your computer.

I just streamed  the rugby and watch movies but had to by  a HDMI extension for it to reach computer and put it close to the door where as my last room the router was  directly out the door with no issues.

my mate cant even use his computer unless he basically stands out the door or under router 

On 26/10/2019 at 17:40, brutox said:

My friend got already the chanote for 2 months. You have to prove the money you paid before you get the chanote. Problem for whom who buy in resell. You have to prove the money you have paid to the real estate. They don't accept A prove from your bank in your country. They wants it from the Thai bank who received the money and Bangkok Bank have to confirm. If you bought a resell in 2015, Bangkok Bank say: sorry our trafic record is not going so far. Than they send it to the main office. I am already more than 2 months waiting for the confirmed statement. And had already paid 5000 baht for it.

18 minutes ago, wido said:

My friend got already the chanote for 2 months. You have to prove the money you paid before you get the chanote. Problem for whom who buy in resell. You have to prove the money you have paid to the real estate. They don't accept A prove from your bank in your country. They wants it from the Thai bank who received the money and Bangkok Bank have to confirm. If you bought a resell in 2015, Bangkok Bank say: sorry our trafic record is not going so far. Than they send it to the main office. I am already more than 2 months waiting for the confirmed statement. And had already paid 5000 baht for it.

Is it just a copy of the transfer from the bank you have to show or does the bank need to state what that transfer relates to?

8 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Is it just a copy of the transfer from the bank you have to show or does the bank need to state what that transfer relates to?

If you everything have paid at the account of Grand Avenue/Golfen Tulip from your account in your home, there will be not a problem. They have the prove than. When you transferred money from your bank account in your home to your bank account on Thailand and than paid to the account of Grand Avenue, you will need the statement from your bank account in Thailand and with this you have to go to Bangkok Bank for confirm it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Your bank statements will have a code that will need to relate to the correct transaction method for the land office.

As going  from wido reply pretty sure its a yes as the transfer will have a 3 letter code below along side the transaction to prove its a foreign currency transaction converted to Thai baht by the bank here and in wido case his online banking statements dont go back that far as mine dont either it is 6 months max. 

As you see in my statements the channel code

The MOB ones are from xwing in Sydney to my bank but i know that  is not the correct code for land office i gave them AUD they landed THB in my bank.

To get the correct code i will have needed to send AUD to my Thai bank  and they convert it to THB 

image.png.bae91d0c881c2deb6fe052890367d7a3.png

On 29/10/2019 at 10:36, wido said:

it will be 50k to 60k  at the land office without it.  

6 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Your bank statements will have a code that will need to relate to the correct transaction method for the land office.

As going  from wido reply pretty sure its a yes as the transfer will have a 3 letter code below along side the transaction to prove its a foreign currency transaction converted to Thai baht by the bank here and in wido case his online banking statements dont go back that far as mine dont either it is 6 months max. 

So for a newbie buying a condo or whatever,  it would be advisable to get printed copies at the time of transaction or before expiration of the paper/online trail?

12 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

So for a newbie buying a condo or whatever,  it would be advisable to get printed copies at the time of transaction or before expiration of the paper/online trail?

Yes...I do have all of my statements...but what I find weird here about others is that I also got an account statement/verification from the seller each time I sent a payment.  Both show the money going/coming, account numbers, etc.  I wired all of my payments FWIW.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Yes or at least make a copy to word  from your online account 

looking now my st George bank it goes  back to when i opened on line banking nearly 7 years but my Sydney bank only dose 1 year and Bangkok bank 6 months.

• Thanks 1

@Harry Brown just imagine with the banking royal commission if an Australian bank charged you $250 ( 5000 BHT)  to find a copy of statement i think mine charges $20 and that is  $20 to much.

You know how bad our banking  is but tame compared to Thai bank fees.

Imagine the uproar we would have if we have to pay to open a account + ongoing annually fee  /deposit  to bank from another branch /pay for lost ATM card ect ect.

Edited by talung66
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2019 at 05:40, talung66 said:

@Harry Brown just imagine with the banking royal commission if an Australian bank charged you $250 ( 5000 BHT)  to find a copy of statement i think mine charges $20 and that is  $20 to much.

You know how bad our banking  is but tame compared to Thai bank fees.

Imagine the uproar we would have if we have to pay to open a account + ongoing annually fee  /deposit  to bank from another branch /pay for lost ATM card ect ect.

And after 4 months i still have nothing. Only paid the fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, 

Any recent updates or insightful information on The Grand Avenue Condo?  

Hang Loose, mongoose!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. This may good news with people involved in this thread. I was yesterday at the Land Office, and while I was waiting a friend I noticed a group of ladies who were registering a huge number of new chanotes. At one time I walk near their table and saw documents had all a GRAND AVENUE logo on top. They had probably between 50 and 100 brand new chanotes :)