IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

•  
On 07/01/2020 at 13:16, Swinga said:

Find a good Thai woman, give her 10k and she'll wash your clothes emoji23.png

you are sooo smart.

look, this is my thai lady, she do cost me 10k and she will help to wash my clothes everyday ;)

IMG_20200219_044604.jpg

15 hours ago, wido said:

yes, only the treadmills are good, the other stuff is (cheap) shit

indeed, only the treadmill is high value, others are low value facilities. however they are easy for maintenance.

FYI 

From what i know in centara 30% of owners still no chanote over 4 years on .Mainly Thais or if farangs don’t want them to avoid paying annual fees.

And  know offt  least 4 owners with chanote not paying fees and spreading the word not to. Till they see the books that are still not available those that are paying are most probable just lining someone’s pocket and not going to be used for sinking funds ect,ect.

The juristic manager got let go for asking too many Questions on farang owner’s behalf.

The name eludes me at the moment but it the same guy in the grand think its Massiano 

Edited by talung66
  • Like 1

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

? is the roof top garden reality or artist impression 

image.png.1ac1de229960a4805cff7d548dafdaf2.png

• Like 1

GREETINGS,

Major problems:

1. Bottom of the toilet leaks water!

2. The shower bottom should be slightly sloped in an angle so the flow of the water is toward the drain! But, not my shower, flow of water is nonexistent unless I use my feet a shovel!

Sad, very sad, substandard construction workmanship! Moreover, I would be embarrassedt o bring a girl to my condo!

Edited by Yabusaki
  • Sad 3

Hang Loose, mongoose!

42 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

The shower bottom should be slightly sloped in an angle so the flow of the water is toward the drain! But, not my shower, flow of water is nonexistent unless I use my feet a shovel!

Sad, very sad, substandard construction workmanship! Moreover, I would be embarrassedt o bring a girl to my condo!

You shouldn't be embarrassed to bring a girl back....just keep a pair of these on hand for her....

image.png.d3356799812b1f0bde78578f63238a29.png

7 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Major problems... 

... Sad, very sad, substandard construction workmanship! Moreover, I would be embarrassedt o bring a girl to my condo!

Edited 6 hours ago by Yabusaki

Hey, Yabusaki.

I started following this thread when issues of the developer's solvency and ability to complete the project arose.

My business was acquiring at deep discount and then rehabilitating distressed and bankrupt real estate projects and companies .. this one has all the ear-marks for which we looked. 

I know this sector very well, and have long advised anyone brave enough to buy off-plan property in Thailand to shop first and foremost for a publicly-listed, with a demonstrable track record in whatever local market they are looking to buy, and creditworthy enough to be trusted by a first tier bank with a construction loan .. no exceptions. 

From the outside looking in, buying from local developers appears as a great discount to Raimon Land and Sansiri and Land & House, but those local developers seldom meet expectations.. neither the Thai, nor the farang local developers. 

The commercial codes, regulations, and business practices here are custom-built for abuse and taking innocents to the cleaners. 

Be damned happy that the project is substantially complete. 

As I cautioned earlier in the thread, even with completed projects, buyers are still only halfway home with developers as this .. now .. try getting your title deed. 

There is a high, high probability that the deed is in the name of a creditor as collateral for a loan to the developer .. it will not be released until the debt is paid. 

If the developer can sell enough units AND hasn't run the project into the ground, maybe the developer can pay it off and buyers will eventually get their title deeds. 

If neither of those happen and there is no money left to be made, the developer slips away to a new project where he thinks he can make money and he abandons the last project. 

Generously allowing buyers to occupy a unit they do not legally own, and giving them excuse after excuse for months and years lulls them into a false sense of security .. it works. 

Unaware foreigners are easily ensnared in this Thai Vortex .. there are others. The common business practices here are largely unknown to foreigners. 

In this instance, you get what you paid for.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this crap. 

A simple question of you that might be instructive to others: "If you could do it all again .. would you?" 

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

1 hour ago, brutox said:

Hey, Yabusaki.

I started following this thread when issues of the developer's solvency and ability to complete the project arose.

My business was acquiring at deep discount and then rehabilitating distressed and bankrupt real estate projects and companies .. this one has all the ear-marks for which we looked. 

I know this sector very well, and have long advised anyone brave enough to buy off-plan property in Thailand to shop first and foremost for a publicly-listed, with a demonstrable track record in whatever local market they are looking to buy, and creditworthy enough to be trusted by a first tier bank with a construction loan .. no exceptions. 

From the outside looking in, buying from local developers appears as a great discount to Raimon Land and Sansiri and Land & House, but those local developers seldom meet expectations.. neither the Thai, nor the farang local developers. 

The commercial codes, regulations, and business practices here are custom-built for abuse and taking innocents to the cleaners. 

Be damned happy that the project is substantially complete. 

As I cautioned earlier in the thread, even with completed projects, buyers are still only halfway home with developers as this .. now .. try getting your title deed. 

There is a high, high probability that the deed is in the name of a creditor as collateral for a loan to the developer .. it will not be released until the debt is paid. 

If the developer can sell enough units AND hasn't run the project into the ground, maybe the developer can pay it off and buyers will eventually get their title deeds. 

If neither of those happen and there is no money left to be made, the developer slips away to a new project where he thinks he can make money and he abandons the last project. 

Generously allowing buyers to occupy a unit they do not legally own, and giving them excuse after excuse for months and years lulls them into a false sense of security .. it works. 

Unaware foreigners are easily ensnared in this Thai Vortex .. there are others. The common business practices here are largely unknown to foreigners. 

In this instance, you get what you paid for.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this crap. 

A simple question of you that might be instructive to others: "If you could do it all again .. would you?" 

Who is paying into sinking fund and current years CAM fees on this project?

Bruton,

Thank goodness, I didn't buy the Condo, I'm only a renter for 2 years!

• Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Who is paying into sinking fund and current years CAM fees on this project?

Yabusaki is a renter 

if any one has there chanoets and pays them  there just lining someone pockets as across in centara residence no books to speak of yet 4 years on see post 1802 

11 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

GREETINGS,

Major problems:

1. Bottom of the toilet leaks water!

2. The shower bottom should be slightly sloped in an angle so the flow of the water is toward the drain! But, not my shower, flow of water is nonexistent unless I use my feet a shovel!

There just normal problems owners issue for taking keys without fixing issues i think there is a year for issues in contract. but then you will be there with construction going on you signed a lease.

Wait till it rains and if your on the ground floor for water to come up from the shower 

Greetings,

Also, the shower roon is very small, only fit one person! This is the smallest shower room I've seen in Thailand!

DSC_0026.JPG

Edited by Yabusaki
  • Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

3 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

Also, the shower roon is very small, only fit one person! This is the smallest shower room I've seen in Thailand!

DSC_0026.JPG

How many square meters is the entire unit? .. no. of bedrooms? .. no. of bathrooms?

2 hours ago, brutox said:

How many square meters is the entire unit? .. no. of bedrooms? .. no. of bathrooms?

Greetings,

It's 47sqm, one bedroom and bathroom! Someone told me, "two bedroom and one bath has the same size shower stall!" Therefore, I'm on a strict diet, no drinking so I can lose 8 kilos! Condo is small so next time I shall lease two bedroom unit!

Edited by Yabusaki

Hang Loose, mongoose!

2 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

It's 47sqm, one bedroom and bathroom! Someone told me, "two bedroom and one bath has the same size shower stall!" Therefore, I'm on a strict diet, no drinking so I can lose 8 kilos! Condo is small so next time I shall lease two bedroom unit!

To put it all into perspective, the current minimum standard for a superior/deluxe suite when programming the design of a 5-star resort hotel is 55m2 .. a suite, not a 1-bedroom condo. 

This is based on a 'volume' of space in which most people can live happily for a some period of time.

But space volumes in a 47m2 condo (with a galley/kitchen, utility space, and the storage a resort hotel suite does not have) has to be prioritized .. how many hours each day does a condo resident spend in a shower, versus the bedroom, or living room?

In close confines, compromises have to be made .. I'd rather compromise on the minutes I spend in a shower each day than the hours I spend elsewhere in the condo.

My daughter and her boyfriend live in a 31m2 condo! .. I have no idea why someone hasn't been pitched over the balcony .. unbelievable! 

Edited by brutox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

I dont think the shower room is as small as you mentioned, the standard size for a shower room on the market is 90cm * 90cm. you may prefer a rectangle one instead of the square one which like the pic below.

Regarding the leaking issue about the toilet, you can contact the juristic office directly, show them the pic or video ask them to reinstall it. they will handle it accordingly.

Besides, I will bet, most of the owners choosed this project not because of the reputation of the developer nor the expection on the quality etc. On my opinion it is because of the location. With no doubt, this project located at one of the most convenience place in Pattaya. Moreover, I will consider all the decorating issues can be addressed with a very small amount of money which compared with the money for buying a new condo.

Finally, enjoy your retirement life there. cheers.

IMG_20200303_204720.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoyalYang said:

I dont think the shower room is as small as you mentioned, the standard size for a shower room on the market is 90cm * 90cm. you may prefer a rectangle one instead of the square one which like the pic below.

Regarding the leaking issue about the toilet, you can contact the juristic office directly, show them the pic or video ask them to reinstall it. they will handle it accordingly.

Besides, I will bet, most of the owners choosed this project not because of the reputation of the developer nor the expection on the quality etc. On my opinion it is because of the location. With no doubt, this project located at one of the most convenience place in Pattaya. Moreover, I will consider all the decorating issues can be addressed with a very small amount of money which compared with the money for buying a new condo.

Finally, enjoy your retirement life there. cheers.

IMG_20200303_204720.jpg

Hey bro, look at my previous photo and tell me it's big enough to fit two people? Picture don't lie, it's very small! I don't know where you coming from but don't get on my case!

Moderator, I won't lose my temper over this incident and startan argument! But, I'm really  pissed off with the condition of the shower stall at Grand Avenue Residence! 

Edited by Yabusaki
  • Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

7 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

But, I'm really  pissed off with the condition of the shower stall at Grand Avenue Residence!

I have read for months you looking for a place and you finally found one and you signed the lease no one forced you too..

As other have BMs mentioned many times mainly davidge try a condo for a month before signing a long lease 

28 minutes ago, talung66 said:

I have read for months you looking for a place and you finally found one and you signed the lease no one forced you too..

As other have BMs mentioned many times mainly davidge try a condo for a month before signing a long lease 

Greetings,

Yes, I made a foolish mistake, live and learn!

• Like 3

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Just adding link   as it is relevant and most readers of interest are here 

Pattaya's oversupply of condos 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1870984/colliers-warns-on-pattaya-oversupply

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha,

I did checked 6 other units and my shower stall was the smallest! The subcontractor just installed new tiles and improved the slope to the drain but water still leaks during the shower! Therefore, I asked the owner to revise the contract and lower the monthly rental fees or I'll move out end of this month and he can keep the deposits! Sill waiting for his response!

There's no way that I'm going to wipe the excess leaked water after showering for next 2 years!

• Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Aloha,

One million bhat advice:

Before leasing or purchasing Grand Avenue Residence, check the shower thoroughly over and over again! Check to make sure the slope of the shower is toward the drain, the drain is working properly, there's adequate space betweenthe floor and the door panel and the size of the stall is big enough for your body! Believe it or not, I can't turn my body completely 360 degrees without jarring the shower door or shower handle!

I'm moving into a new unit end of the month and I've lost 52,000 bhat due to problems with the shower stall!

Edited by Yabusaki
  • Sad 3

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Dunno if I'd wanna do 360 degree spins on my toilet. But you can send me a video of you trying [emoji1787]

• Haha 2

ummm

15 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Aloha,

One million bhat advice:

Before leasing or purchasing Grand Avenue Residence, check the shower thoroughly over and over again! Check to make sure the slope of the shower is toward the drain, the drain is working properly, there's adequate space betweenthe floor and the door panel and the size of the stall is big enough for your body! Believe it or not, I can't turn my body completely 360 degrees without jarring the shower door or shower handle!

I'm moving into a new unit end of the month and I've lost 52,000 bhat due to problems with the shower stall!

Ummmm you paid a 56K deposit?

I'm fairly sure that since mid 2018 the legal amount landlords can charge as a security deposit is 1 months rent. Are you paying 56k a month rent, because that seems a bit steep?

My 2 baht bit of advice.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

Ummmm you paid a 56K deposit?

I'm fairly sure that since mid 2018 the legal amount landlords can charge as a security deposit is 1 months rent. Are you paying 56k a month rent, because that seems a bit steep?

My 2 baht bit of advice.

The illegal amount  in thailand sentence that all use in replies has zero bearing TIT and it shouldn't be enforced on farangs even it it was.

And with this case i full support the landlords and agents plus  in other cases i have heard as well . With many asking for discounts for longer leases and leaving early. Ending up getting a cheap short term rental.

@Evilfriarreality check 

Even though BM in mention has done the right thing others dont.

The longer the lease the cheaper the rent the bigger the deposit needs to be to cover thisTIT issue. 

The BM in mention has left his lease and paid a fair negotiated  price on a two year contract and got the 2 year contract price. The BM is now leaving  his lease early he stay in high season from what i know for 2 months. The owner installed extras just for him with the 2 year lease signed.

End of the day he paid short term high season rental price all fair IMO.

Put yourself in the owner's shoes. would you be fine letting your condo out for 2 years  at long term lease price and  having the renter leave after 2 months  with one months deposit.