IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

Greetings,

I need member's advice! I live on the 4th floor and within 4 months I caught 4 very large cockroaches and one large cricket! I don't know, how they get in from the balcony?   Any comments!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

7 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

I need member's advice! I live on the 4th floor and within 4 months I caught 4 very large cockroaches and one large cricket! I don't know, how they get in from the balcony?   Any comments!

I once read that if you can keep cockroaches out of a kitchen you could have a great future in aircraft pressure cabin design. :D

Some possibilities:   Unscreened air con vents,  poorly sealed openings around pipe and cable entries,  openings to wall space inside fitted cabinets, unscreened drain holes in bathroom floors,  sliding balcony door tracks that can be used as tunnels,  same for sliding window tracks if any,  unsealed vertical overlap of sliding windows and doors,  unsealed gap under hinged doors,  gap between door architrave and wall.  Incomplete closure border on architrave of hinged doors or windows,  poor gap seals at mounting points of ceiling fans, or,  baths and sinks installed without S-bends.

You may have guessed by now that I live in Australia which has billions of things that want to crawl into your house in order to bite you, Poison you, infect you or eat you.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

21 minutes ago, ocka said:

I live in Australia which has billions of things that want to crawl into your house in order to bite you, Poison you, infect you or eat you.

I see you have met my ex wife.

If you're going to try, go all the way.

9 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

Give up Yabusaki, give up. 

Facts are facts, bud .. if you have a clean kitchen, you will have clean cockroaches. 

• Like 3

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

On 12/08/2020 at 06:39, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

i live also on the 4th floor for one year. I don't have any pest in my room. Maybe they enter under the door. I put a strip on the door inside the room so the gap under the door is closed.

On 12/08/2020 at 14:39, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

I don’t know but i do know and i am serious your  better having American cockroaches ( big ones)not German ones.

I had German ones 

And i treated my place in Australia myself twice 3 years ago and haven’t seen one since. My tip buy the gel that comes in a syringe and use small drops in corners behind fridge microwave spray with Morten everywhere repeat process again after 2 to 3 weeks  

• Like 2

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

FYI 

From juristic office in centara on LINE timeline post.

From what i know some have decided not  paying CAM FEES till there are official accounting and committee and budget reports to see other owners  paying fees as foreign owners dont think the thai owners do. 

From Chatting this suggestion was made by the juristic manager that has now been removed of her position. 

image.png.7500d0840f686be4e0ca518d2c354f7d.png

Reasons to pay a common fee It's because of various benefits

Important reasons for paying common fee
Because of the benefits of paying common fees which mush be used for expenses and administration of the condoWhat are the common expenses used for?
The common fees that are collected from the co-owners Used to manage expenses as follows

65% are wages for project management Wage security company Cleaning wage And garden maintenance fees
20% of basic utilities including electricity, water, telephone and internet
10% is the maintenance cost. Whether the repair cost Maintenance costs Procurement of chemicals to look after the water condition in the pool Refueling the fire pump system Equipment repair expenses /
Machinery, etc. especially when condos are older Deterioration And damage to machines is likely to increase steadily resulting in ongoing costs. And have a higher chance every year According to the age of the building And various systems
5% is for activity and miscellaneous expenses
However, juristic persons condos are exempt from tax. Because the law is designed to be a non-profit organization Most central collection fees are calculated to fit income and expenses. Not being charged until it remains as a profit in any way
          The common fee collection of a juristic person is for the sake of spending. Repair and maintenance of common assets to be able to use for a long time And cause peace and order in the condo safe, a little higher than the yuan. Pay together. Because, however, this is the care of the environment, the place where we live.
           Imagine if staying in our own home. We also have miscellaneous expenses for maintenance as well. We have to deal with ourselves as well. Therefore, all of us should not have to hold the common fees at all. Should be sympathetic to the person who paid the exact amount as well.

the public used to pay for anything.
Common fees charged to that co-owner Used to manage expenses as follows

65% are wages Wages for security companies Cleaning wages And
20% of the garden maintenance fee is the cost of basic utilities such as electricity, water, telephone and internet,
10% is the cost of maintenance. Whether the repair cost The cost of maintenance Purchasing swimming pool water condition chemicals Refueling, fire pump system Emergency lighting maintenance fee Expenses for repairing equipment / machinery, etc., especially as the condo gets older. Deterioration And the breakdown of various machines is likely to increase continuously resulting in ongoing costs. And the chances are higher every year According to the age of the building And various system works,
5% is activity and miscellaneous expenses
However, the corporate entity of the condo is exempt from tax. Because the law is designed to be a non-profit organization Most common fees are calculated to fit income and expenses. Not billed until the remaining profit in any way,
          the collection of the central fee of the juristic person is for the benefit of cost supervision. Repair and improve various central assets To be able to use for a long time And cause peace and order in the condo because however this is taking care of the environment of the area where we live.

10 hours ago, talung66 said:

From what i know some have decided not  paying CAM FEES till there are official accounting ...

.... committee and budget reports to see other owners  paying fees as foreign owners dont think the thai owners do.

This seems far more chronic a problem for foreigners in Pattaya than here in Bangkok .. probably because of the proliferation of local-local developers who they innocently trust .. "local-local developers" being defined as non-publicly traded, non-professional developers which are not creditworthy enough to even secure bank financing .. what a mess.

On the first statement, above .. in my experience, there are four ways to force local-local developers to respond:

• Withhold CAMs:
    • From which they might be misappropriating funds, or into which they are not contributing their fair share for unsold units, as regulations require;
  • Bad press:
    • Affecting their current project sales;
    • Care must be taken to avoid the badly abused Thai defamation law, which could open alleged "defamers" up to lawsuit, even if what they state is 100% demonstrably truthful .. but possible, if carefully orchestrated
  • File a complaint with the Thai Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB):
    • By as many condo owners as possible, to appear class action-ish
    • Will compel a negotiated solution, very much in the spirit of Thai culture of village justice and the Buddhist "Middle Way" .. this is an arbitration
    • An inexpensive process (I've been there)
    • Might draw local embarrassing media coverage for the developer, if press is notified in advance
  • File a legal complaint:
    • As with the OCPB, by as large a number of condo buyers as can be assembled
    • Naming the developer individually and calling him personally to the dock where press coverage is likely. 

On the second statement above:

A Thai publicly-traded company in which we invested some years back managed at that time more residential properties than any in Bangkok .. they confirmed to me that non-payment of CAMs by Thai condo owners (especially Thais leasing out their units) were measurably higher than foreign condo owners.

I will not delve into the "whys" of it all, but in international private equity investment circles Thailand is scored as a "culture of non-payment" .. a chronic problem that persists in Thai business culture, as well as at the personal level, even as the laws have been tightened.

From this, I advise friends buying condos here to avoid condos in buildings that:

• Are overwhelmingly Thai owned (unless in high-end projects); and,
  • List a lot of condos for lease by Thai investors (who are notoriously bad about paying their CAMs), and especially so if there is a high vacancy rate in the building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don’t know but i do know and i am serious your  better having American cockroaches (big ones)not German ones.

I had German ones.

How the heck do you tell the difference?

Do they carry IDs?
Do they have little license plates?
Or do you listen to them speak in their native language?
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vivid2 said:

How the heck do you tell the difference?

Do they carry IDs?
Do they have little license plates?
Or do you listen to them speak in their native language?

I mentioned the difference in my post. 

American cockroaches (big ones)and yes  you guessed it that make the german ones the little ones.

7 hours ago, Blueydog said:

I still own a condo in Centara Avenue across the road & today got an e-mail about my overdue common fees payment. It says please pay outstanding balance within 15 days. No mention of what shall happen should i not pay which i certainly won't be. I replied please kindly send me the accounts of in going & outgoings & the sinking funds & notice showing everyone paying & the minutes of the agm meetings to date.

Of course i already know they  can still not do that even now late 2020. Like i only got my title 14 months ago when it was years overdue.  But when does Mr Marsiano ever plan to do the right thing by the buyers there ? Don't worry i already know the answer to that. So far a couple of friends i have there have said they have not received any new correspondence. 

Through the line app i messaged the juristic office & sent the e-mail & my response. All they said was Mr Marsiano now lives in Israel , I said so there is no 2nd in command to which no response.

I said i am more then happy to pay my dues when i see the accounts & everyone,both foreigner & Thai are paying their dues. I can guarantee the sinking funds are long gone into someones pocket. I would also like a say about the complex as the hotel runs the complex like they own it all but i fear that shall also never eventuate.

About a few other items i read here water there is charged at 35 baht per unit & 45 baht for the months no water is used so yet another waste while i am stuck overseas .( PPE) lol i have PPE on my brain atm i meant PEA electric( hence my edit) have been charging me something like 48.92 baht per month on electricity as administration charge as i have all turned off

Hey, Blueydog .. man, your drama just goes on, and on, and on .. seems you are a victim of another corrupt Pattaya property scam, orchestrated by a smart local-local developer.

It will continue .. until you make an effort, spend some money, ally with others, and force legal compliance with the regulations.

1. Have you even taken the time to simply read the Thai Condominium Acts? .. have you even Googled them up? .. they are in English .. I have referenced them several, several times in this thread;
  2. Did you consult with an attorney to hear what legal recourse is available to you? .. an initial consult is probably free; or,
  3. Have you started building a data base of other owners and started communicating? .. by yourself, your complaints will be ignored .. these guys are professionals at deflecting away from their boss one-off complainants as you .. they will wear you down .. maybe eventually threaten you with all kinds of scary consequences if you do not pay your CAMs (maybe with unfounded legal claims .. but, that makes no difference if you do not know your legal rights under the Condominium Acts, they will roll right over you).

So, up to you .. really, Blueydog .. no one on this thread can do this for you .. it is all on you .. if you have done none of the above, why waste keystrokes complaining on this forum, unless you hope someone here will do it for you .. ummm .. not such a high probability, bud.

If you truly want to resolve this mess, do not dig-in merely holding an exposed position .. move off the beach .. go on the attack .. they will otherwise just ceaselessly beat you into submission .. they are very good at that, smiling and respectfully waiing you all the way.

Otherwise, just pay your CAMs, and overpriced water and electricity bill .. and just .. live with it.

Edited by brutox
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Blueydog said:

Well Brutox i am sure you are only trying to be helpful ....

1 - .... You mention the condominium act ,hmmm well as far as i am concerned these developers have broken that act on numerous occasions to date & continue to do so with impunity.....

2 - .....I know 1 man who has long ago sold now at a loss who spent like 60,000 baht to magna Carta trying to get his chanote to no avail. These law firms are probably in bed with the developers anyway & they probably split the 60k over a night out laughing all the way to the bank with their snouts in the trough.....

3 - ....To see a lawyer & get it resolved would be great but i am closer to 100 % sure it would just be money down that Thai drain

4 .....i shall play the wait & see game.....

5 - .... But yes in a couple of years time when things hopefully pick up i will try to offload this headache.

Sounding like I was lecturing in the above post was not my intent, Bluedog .. sorry if it came across that way .. and yes, I am only trying to help .. I have lived and worked here in this sector for a long time .. I have spent an entire a career in private equity property investment and development, half of which is in the international markets .. I have learned quite a bit along the way, and have witnessed a lot of this.

1 - Local-local developers breaching the law is easy when it involves uninformed farang who have no knowledge of the law .. developers who break the law, however, can be held to account.

2 - Don't be so hard on Magna Carta .. if your friend knew the law here, he would have known that the money condominium buyers give to developers is totally unsecured .. (it can be legally paid to himself upfront as a 'developer fee', and quickly converted into a brand new car for his girlfriend .. it's all legal).

To be clear, the developer is expected to commit those deposits to developing a property for which he does not have sufficient equity, and for which he is not creditworthy enough to get financing (sounds like a pretty solid businessman, eh?).

Under Thai law, if he fails to deliver, buyers are the last in line to get their money refunded, if there is anything left after paying the secured creditors .. there is likely none left .. so, your friend was holding an absolute loser hand on the day he signed the contract, which he handed to Magna Carta to play.

3 - You can find justice in the Thai courts .. I've been in Thai civil courts as plaintiff and defendant and it has not failed me once .. I know others, as well .. it is convoluted, requires a competent counsel (a practiced litigator, not some bozo) and patience .. if the developer has broken the law, he can be held to account in Thai court .. Thai jurisprudence is imperfect, and a smart defendant will use every convolution to his advantage (and there are many) .. unbeknownst to many amateurs, justice can be litigated in a Thai court with proper counsel.

[ But, as I suggest in post #1932 above, you might want to first seek satisfaction with the Thai Office of Consumer Protection Board, without the legal expenses. ]

4 - Ah, the waiting game .. umm .. it works in some instances (when you hold the high ground) .. but, not so well in others (when you hold an exposed position) .. this is the latter .. get off the beach, Blueydog .. holding the high ground (even illegally), they will pound you.

5 - Dumping the property .. withholding CAMs is now a legal cause to prevent delinquent property owners from transferring title deeds until the account is brought current ..  delinquencies are registered (I believe) in the Land Department, making the title toxic .. shows-up when a buyer does due diligence (also, makes the seller appear desperate since they could not pay the CAMs .. what buyer wants to inherit this dilemma, if you explain why CAMs are in arrears) .. until the problem is solved, your exit might be limited, unless you bite the bullet, pay the CAMs, and just dump it on an unsuspecting farang buyer .. this will not get better.

You are among countless innocent farang who fall victim to the Thai local-local developer schemes that proliferate in Pattaya .. many victims do not live here and haven't the time on the ground to deal with the issue .. at the lower price points, many victims will not commit adequate resources to get proper counsel .. not knowing the convoluted Thai legal system, many victims will rely upon bad anecdotal advice from the retired Elbonian mud magnate and good old buddy Bob (merely living here is insufficient to know what to do in the Thai property sector) .. and then, other victims will just stay dug-in on the beach and pay the price later.

This is tough stuff, Blueydog, and not what anyone expects in their dream of owning their own 'glorious condo in beautiful Pattaya Beach .. living the life while making big, big money' .. knowledgeable, totally trustworthy, and very expert property agents here sell the dream well, but for the most part it is largely a dream .. this must drive people mad.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, Blueydog.

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/09/2020 at 08:10, Arnie85 said:

I can't stand this bloke lasted all of 2 minutes and he seems clueless 

Edited by talung66
  • Haha 1

image.png.cb8441523abc2e0d1cbca8b4fa361e18.png

let's all go back in time and remember the name of this thread.

The golden tulip group that as far as i know  filed for bankruptcy in this venture  and the Waterfront debacle our man Kobi Elbaz is the CEO.

Well i am adding this as we been talking about  CAM fees in centara and the grand will be the same soon no owners committee no records . Just hard hand tactics to pay their fees.

I know owners would like to pay their fair share of fees if it used correctly I see @brutox add his comments but in reality nothing can be done 

i get the same LINE timeline messages  see the name of bank account in red circle. Having to pay  fees direct  to a bank account called the tulip Group not centara juristic persons  account 

I see where Blueydog is coming from

image.png.2640461621c5962bccc2fc5418265e55.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talung66 said:

I can't stand this bloke lasted all of 2 minutes and he seems clueless 

Well I actually found his monologue fine. Don't know where you get clueless from, his ideas of what he's looking for are informative.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, thainet said:

Well I actually found his monologue fine. Don't know where you get clueless from, his ideas of what he's looking for are informative.

I mentioned seems as i didn't watch it. i guess its i just dont like septics'  

His fist comment on the street view saying the street view is so new it isn't even finished yet and only a year old .

I reality the the development is over 4 years late and the empty front was going to be a hotel and will be vacant and if it ever eventuates you be living with construction for some years..

Ok i'll watch some more his pricing is ok going through a agent but you can save another 20% looking yourself. 

Edited by talung66

A few years ago, early on in the construction of the somewhat massive project, when there was the sales office on site, I used to see a white Bentley Continental GT out front.  Inside the sales office (I stopped in one time), the girls at the desk were Russian.  Where is Kobi Elbaz now?  Was that his white Bentley Continental GT that I used to see parked out front of the sales office?

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Just now, southsidebruce said:

A few years ago, early on in the construction of the somewhat massive project, when there was the sales office on site, I used to see a white Bentley Continental GT out front.  Inside the sales office (I stopped in one time), the girls at the desk were Russian.  Where is Kobi Elbaz now?  Was that his white Bentley Continental GT that I used to see parked out front of the sales office?

1271801039_septoct31277_800x584.jpg.111595c281642862ade67c93e1ac0395.jpg

oct 2013

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, striderman said:

1271801039_septoct31277_800x584.jpg.111595c281642862ade67c93e1ac0395.jpg

oct 2013

did a Google search, and a new one today costs about 18.9 million THB... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

12 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

Just to confirm your replying about it outside the Waterfront office.

Last i heard he was in Hong kong.

One of thoses russian girls works in reception at centara now.

I repeat CAM fees going straight to an account of a company in liquidation 

TIT

Edited by talung66

29 minutes ago, talung66 said:

... I repeat CAM fees going straight to an account of a company in liquidation 

TIT

Here are the rules, men:

1 - Do not pay CAMs until they delivery to you the unencumbered title deed, in hand.

2 - Do not accept their "generous" offer to allow you to occupy BEFORE they deliver the title deed (which too often is in the name of a creditor who will not release it.. yet, occupancy triggers your beneficial use of the property which arguably warrants your payment of CAMs). 

3 - Do not pay CAMs until a third party juristic with authority over the property and is registered to receive CAMs into their account, and has sole authority to disburse funds subject to an annual budget agreed to by the owners.

Yeah, talung66.. TIT.. the cost of pussy here is cheap.. the cost of getting past the various gatekeepers TO that pussy is sometimes.. exorbitant. 

2 hours ago, talung66 said:

Just to confirm your replying about it outside the Waterfront office.

Last i heard he was in Hong kong.

One of thoses russian girls works in reception at centara now.

I repeat CAM fees going straight to an account of a company in liquidation 

TIT

the white Bentley Continental GT I saw was outside the office (of the multi building construction) on Bukhao Soi 15.  I would see it when walking to (on the left side when walking to Avenue StripMall) and from Avenue StripMall... 

1 hour ago, southsidebruce said:

the white Bentley Continental GT I saw was outside the office (of the multi building construction) on Bukhao Soi 15.  I would see it when walking to (on the left side when walking to Avenue StripMall) and from Avenue StripMall... 

Ok cheers i know the photo in thread from striderman is from outside the waterfront. i didn't walk down that area much prior to it being my place of choice  pre 2016 

Same car same owner 

• Like 1