Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

22 hours ago, talung66 said:

I mentioned seems as i didn't watch it. i guess its i just dont like septics'  

His fist comment on the street view saying the street view is so new it isn't even finished yet and only a year old .

He said the GOOGLE STREET VIEW was a year old. Which it was. That’s when the Google cam drove past and filmed it.

Sounds like you think he’s saying the frontage of the building is a year old or something.  That’s on you. He didn’t say that.  He’s showing the Google Street View on the screen while saying that the building wasn’t completed in the Google Street View which is a year old.

If you’re going to make disparaging comments about things you could at least understand them first.  

• Like 3

Well I actually found his monologue fine. Don't know where you get clueless from, his ideas of what he's looking for are informative.

I like his videos too. He has a great speaking voice; he seems very well informed; his videos seem to be well planned; and he covers a large variety of different subjects, unlike many of the other amateur vloggers. His voice sounds to me like he has a broadcasting background.
  • Like 2

On 25/09/2020 at 19:43, Arnie85 said:

He said the GOOGLE STREET VIEW was a year old. Which it was. That’s when the Google cam drove past and filmed it.

Sounds like you think he’s saying the frontage of the building is a year old or something.  That’s on you. He didn’t say that.  He’s showing the Google Street View on the screen while saying that the building wasn’t completed in the Google Street View which is a year old.

If you’re going to make disparaging comments about things you could at least understand them first.  

ok Arnie thanks my error i didn't listen properly.

FYI the google street view is around just over  2 years old most likely from from mid 2018 as the family mart is completed on Soi 15 , The  first owners already  moved in by  june 2019 when the entrance was well established the sales office was removed around similar timeframe.

Any how this is a shot of the space where the hotel was meant to go today a now a car park for Centa Azure seems there getting guest from BKK according to my contact  taxi driver that just  took the photo for me. 

She also mention that the Centara Azure is for sale + with car park  i think   i dont totally understand her 

image.png.b88b76953025895487c7a5abfdc800f1.pngimage.png.b9d12c5e32d7826fc36014b24bfe7836.pngimage.png.5058eebb441cfc8dc9ffa04a3a52267c.png

image.thumb.png.94e70793aa82b51a276ddc8f1cc7c7e2.png

image.thumb.png.8f52edeb90b79b60ffd1fd4348bb8344.png

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 25/09/2020 at 11:27, brutox said:

Here are the RULES, men:

1 - Do not pay CAMs until they delivery to you the unencumbered title deed, in hand.

2 - Do not accept their "generous" offer to allow you to occupy BEFORE they deliver the title deed (which too often is in the name of a creditor who will not release it.. yet, occupancy triggers your beneficial use of the property which arguably warrants your payment of CAMs). 

3 - Do not pay CAMs until a third party juristic with authority over the property and is registered to receive CAMs into their account, and has sole authority to disburse funds subject to an annual budget agreed to by the owners.

Yeah, talung66.. TIT.. the cost of pussy here is cheap.. the cost of getting past the various gatekeepers TO that pussy is sometimes.. exorbitant. 

Thanks for your entries invaluable stuff looking back.Excuse me but some is a bit technical for me as a blue collar 

I am unsure what you mean exactly mean by unencumbered is this more than having the  chanote in your name. 

I first started reading this thread in 2016 as i was very interested in a purchase the only thing holding me back was the Low AUD at the time (compared to 2012 ) and i would be the one holding a loser hand 

Am i am sure readers are more informed now. 

With all owners here having done exactly what you mention above. 

If i end up purchasing most probably go  Thai name as a end user now.

1 hour ago, talung66 said:

ok Arnie thanks my error i didn't listen properly.

FYI the google street view is around just over  2 years old most likely from from mid 2018 as the family mart is completed on Soi 15 , The  first owners already  moved in by  june 2019 when the entrance was well established the sales office was removed around similar timeframe.

Any how this is a shot of the space where the hotel was meant to go today a now a car park for Centa Azure seems there getting guest from BKK according to my contact  taxi driver that just  took the photo for me. 

She also mention that the Centara Azure is for sale + with car park  i think   i dont totally understand her 

image.png.b88b76953025895487c7a5abfdc800f1.pngimage.png.b9d12c5e32d7826fc36014b24bfe7836.pngimage.png.5058eebb441cfc8dc9ffa04a3a52267c.png

image.thumb.png.94e70793aa82b51a276ddc8f1cc7c7e2.png

image.thumb.png.8f52edeb90b79b60ffd1fd4348bb8344.png

That sucks......

Promised:

- Hot Tub - Nope

- Continuous wrap-around pool - Nope

- Beautiful rooftop decks with walking paths - Nope

- Beautiful hotel in front with dual access - Nope

Received:

- Sectioned off pool areas with unplanned for monstrosities to house water pumps

- Untouched rooftops

- Parking lot instead of hotel

Would like to hear @brutox take on them selling the land for a car lot that probably/eventually could turn into whatever the next buyer decides to do.  Sorry for owners that bought with the idea they'd have a hotel view and got stuck with that.

5 hours ago, talung66 said:

I am unsure what you mean exactly mean by unencumbered is this more than having the  chanote in your name.

Hey, talung66.

Title deeds are recorded at the Land Department in the owners name and the owner can occupy and use the property freely.  However, the law allows select creditors to record on the title deed that the owner still owes them money, and the Land Department prevents the owner from transferring the property title until the debt is settled.  These recorded debts are what I mean by "encumbrances".

Examples of encumbrances that can be recorded at the Land Department are bank mortgages, or court ordered liens awarded to entities that are still owned money (contractors, etc.) .. when someone wants to buy the property, their due diligence should always be getting a current copy of the recorded title deed, to see if any encumbrances are registered.

The Land Department will not transfer the property title to a new buyer unless the debts are paid by the owner and the credit releases the encumbrance.

A clean land title deep is essential .. anyone selling a property with encumbrances needs to be dealt with very, very carefully to make sure the debts are paid, the encumbrances are released, and recorded at the Land Department .. then .. only then .. pay the deposits or purchase price.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

5 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Would like to hear @brutox take on them selling the land for a car lot that probably/eventually could turn into whatever the next buyer decides to do.  Sorry for owners that bought with the idea they'd have a hotel view and got stuck with that.

Hey, D'Animal .. 'truth in advertising' regulations/laws passed years ago the prevented developers from publishing these incredibly outlandish brochures that were totally digital contrivances .. not sure if the developer here did that, or carefully 'promised' these things in a non-comital way to avoid the letter of the law.

Buyers might first seek help from the Consumer Protection Board, which I believe was the entity that was I believe behind this regulation/law, because they were being buried by so many complaints.  It would be a negotiated settlement with the developer .. beyond that, a lawsuit by the owners.

My guess is that what the developers do on a legally separate adjoining site is probably their prerogative .. promising a hotel is a pretty big promise, with so many variables that are out of the developers control.

15 hours ago, brutox said:

Hey, D'Animal .. 'truth in advertising' regulations/laws passed years ago the prevented developers from publishing these incredibly outlandish brochures that were totally digital contrivances .. not sure if the developer here did that, or carefully 'promised' these things in a non-comital way to avoid the letter of the law.

Buyers might first seek help from the Consumer Protection Board, which I believe was the entity that was I believe behind this regulation/law, because they were being buried by so many complaints.  It would be a negotiated settlement with the developer .. beyond that, a lawsuit by the owners.

My guess is that what the developers do on a legally separate adjoining site is probably their prerogative .. promising a hotel is a pretty big promise, with so many variables that are out of the developers control.

I am not sure to be honest...would have to go back to the original paperwork....but a few of the things I had looked forward to rooftop/hot tub/nice entrance....all went to crap!  I feel the original brochures stated clearly that there would be a hotel...but who knows!

Edited by The Danimal

It was absolutely 100% promoted as being a hotel and condo, I did some research on the place in 2017/18 and the hotel was still being mentioned.  I’d be surprised if the original ads weren’t still floating around online. 

Edited by Arnie85

Adding to what Brutox said, I would give you Baht to the Satang if developers have been successfully challenged and paid out any ruling against them for not providing public facilities promised.

Where I live, developers were taken to court for not building a golf course in a "Golf Course Development". People bought land and built houses surrounding the course that was never built.

Due to technicalities and some would say payoffs, the Developers won a soft victory in court agreeing to build a 9 hole course, not an 18 hole course. To this day, some 25 years later, there is no course.

IMO, flogging a dead horse to even entertain those kinds of thoughts.

Oh yes many promises in this development. Put put golf, roof top gardens, spa pool bar, 4 star hotel all sold under the major hotel chains name. Golden tulip.

I still can't see the fridge in all these videos. Where's the fridge? [emoji23] Do these condos have a fridge?

ummm

All the exact same issues from the owners  centara are duplicated in the GRAND Avenue it been mentioned many times in this 77 page thread . And still know rooftop gardens there either  and will never be any. Though some sort of slight improvement has been made in entrance security swipe cards system finally came  but any one can walk in Viva basement to lifts 

On 28/09/2020 at 14:38, Arnie85 said:

It was absolutely 100% promoted as being a hotel and condo, I did some research on the place in 2017/18 and the hotel was still being mentioned.  I’d be surprised if the original ads weren’t still floating around online. 

Not sure what i am on about really but from what i heard.

There is a mention somewhere in thread and there was talk of sheraton (starwood) adding a hotel.But couldn't come to a arrangement from what i recall and dropped out  as it wouldn't  meet their standards. 

And with the tulip group with the waterfront failure and bankruptcy  the new developers that took over could not find any further interest.  

And finished the Condos with a hotel possibility to come

On 29/09/2020 at 19:34, Swinga said:

Oh yes many promises in this development. Put put golf, roof top gardens, spa pool bar, 4 star hotel all sold under the major hotel chains name. Golden tulip.

I still can't see the fridge in all these videos. Where's the fridge? emoji23.png Do these condos have a fridge?

All have a fridge  behind the the 2 doors in photo freezer in bottom empty space in the top with electrical on off switch boards 

image.png.325f3829877e8150d9b28ff03224aa0e.png

Edited by talung66

3 hours ago, talung66 said:

Not sure what i am on about really but from what i heard.

There is a mention somewhere in thread and there was talk of sheraton (starwood) adding a hotel.But couldn't come to a arrangement from what i recall and dropped out  as it wouldn't  meet their standards. 

And with the tulip group with the waterfront failure and bankruptcy  the new developers that took over could not find any further interest.  

And finished the Condos with a hotel possibility to come

All have a fridge  behind the the 2 doors in photo freezer in bottom empty space in the top with electrical on off switch boards 

image.png.325f3829877e8150d9b28ff03224aa0e.png

Greetings,

But, the refrigerator and the freezer are very small!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Just Some FYI that someone sent me.

image.png.b4564292fcffde4e30c0ca9722cc862d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Loomkey said:

That includes electric?  

NO 

But i am not sure if there any  meters installed to charge you. Till the PEA meters is installed so maybe as i had no bills in centara for 3 months due to this situation. This is on a individual condo basis not generally  ( i am not going to explain this scenario further it in the thread somewhere )

Total bills can run under 1k easily   but over  6k if you run the aircon allday.

11 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Total bills can run under 1k easily   but over  6k if you run the aircon allday.

6k for 45 sqm ?

Do they apply a "landlord" electricity rate instead of the official PEA rates ?

Greetings,

All the electric meters are installed and read end of the month by City municipality! Electric rates are lot cheaper than previously and water rates are same as before!

My monthly electric  rates are approximately1,850 to 2,600!

• Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

21 hours ago, insearchofxxx said:

6k for 45 sqm ?

Yes i know a guy with a 48 sqm in centara that has computers that need to keep cool he run his aircon 24/7 his bills are over 6k.

21 hours ago, insearchofxxx said:

Do they apply a "landlord" electricity rate instead of the official PEA rates ?

No the landlord  will charge you the same rate they get charged. but if the PEA meter isn't installed the rate will be 5 baht per KW  ( that what it is in  centara and some condo still with no PEA meters)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

All the electric meters are installed and read end of the month by City municipality! Electric rates are lot cheaper than previously and water rates are same as before!

My monthly electric  rates are approximately1,850 to 2,600!

Are you confirming all meters are now PEA meters.

i doubt they would all be.

On 08/10/2020 at 11:36, talung66 said:

i know a guy with a 48 sqm in centara that has computers that need to keep cool he run his aircon 24/7 his bills are over 6k.

Well, if you make a server room out of your apartment (eg. for mining bitcoins) and run your server room cooling with an aircon designed for a human living there, then of cause you run up a high electricity bill

:rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, insearchofxxx said:

Well, if you make a server room out of your apartment (eg. for mining bitcoins) and run your server room cooling with an aircon designed for a human living there, then of cause you run up a high electricity bill

:rolleyes:

Exactly showing the range bills can be.  The BM in previous response was asking if aircon was included.

I dont use a aircon and total of electric and water  bills are usually  under 1k .

image.png.051fd7a86c99b631d806df024ea38347.png

• 1 month later...

I've rented 10 months + 8 months in Centara and Grand. I like the places and the locations - but boy does the AC suck. Why are they so weak, loud and slow? 

2 hours ago, Jackie2013 said:

I've rented 10 months + 8 months in Centara and Grand. I like the places and the locations - but boy does the AC suck. Why are they so weak, loud and slow? 

Part 1 of 2:

Both developed by local-local developer .. not a professional developer.

They look pretty good from the outside looking in, eh? .. but, from the inside they are often not at all as they appear .. you might have heard the phrase "do just enough" commonly applied in Thai business culture? .. well .. here you are.

Under design .. off-spec materials .. unskilled craftsmen .. eyewash over defects .. etc.

Wait a few more years when the basic building systems (roof, plumbing, electrical distribution, elevators, window frames, swimming pool, etc.) start decaying before their time and need maintenance/replacing .. that is all a part of the total cost of ownership.

Most buyers probably account for ongoing maintenance, but the expense to which that rises in a local-local developer's project is quite a bit higher than in a properly developed building.

Buyers pay now, or they pay later .. as much as buyers think they are getting a 'good deal' from a local-local developer who is 'undercutting' a professional developer, that's just how it is.

• Like 3