Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

12 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

Ummmm you paid a 56K deposit?

I'm fairly sure that since mid 2018 the legal amount landlords can charge as a security deposit is 1 months rent. Are you paying 56k a month rent, because that seems a bit steep?

My 2 baht bit of advice.

Aloha,

Summarizing, 40,000 for security deposit and 12,000 bhat (my portion of new washing machine)!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Aloha,

I gave the owner ample time to fix the major shower leak during the shower but he couldn't so I decided to leave after one month! I don't want to keep wiping the floor after each shower, would you?

Hang Loose, mongoose!

16 hours ago, talung66 said:

The illegal amount  in thailand sentence that all use in replies has zero bearing TIT and it shouldn't be enforced on farangs even it it was.

And with this case i full support the landlords and agents plus  in other cases i have heard as well . With many asking for discounts for longer leases and leaving early. Ending up getting a cheap short term rental.

@Evilfriarreality check 

Even though BM in mention has done the right thing others dont.

The longer the lease the cheaper the rent the bigger the deposit needs to be to cover thisTIT issue. 

The BM in mention has left his lease and paid a fair negotiated  price on a two year contract and got the 2 year contract price. The BM is now leaving  his lease early he stay in high season from what i know for 2 months. The owner installed extras just for him with the 2 year lease signed.

End of the day he paid short term high season rental price all fair IMO.

Put yourself in the owner's shoes. would you be fine letting your condo out for 2 years  at long term lease price and  having the renter leave after 2 months  with one months deposit.

That would have to be one hell of a discounted price for a renter to be ahead after 2 months. So, yeah, I would be happy with that.

Example a condo is 20k/m short term so after 2 months that's 40k ( deposit returned). If it was negotiated to 15K/m because renter says he wants it long term but leaves after 2 months, he's paid 30K in rent and loses his 15k deposit so total cost for him has been 45K. He's down 5k. With a 2 month deposit he'd be down 20K. Or am I missing something here?

Have you really heard of cases where anyone is able to even negotiate 20K down to 15K or better? I haven't but that doesn't mean it isn't possible I guess. At best in my experience 20K might be negotiated down to 17K but maybe I'm just a crap negotiator 55555

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Aloha,

I gave the owner ample time to fix the major shower leak during the shower but he couldn't so I decided to leave after one month! I don't want to keep wiping the floor after each shower, would you?

No, and think if it was driving you nuts, then your better off eating the deposit and enjoying your stay somewhere else.

May I ask what the short term rental price was and what were you able to negotiate that down to for a 2 year rental price?

Cheers

27 minutes ago, Evilfriar said:

No, and think if it was driving you nuts, then your better off eating the deposit and enjoying your stay somewhere else.

May I ask what the short term rental price was and what were you able to negotiate that down to for a 2 year rental price?

Cheers

Aloha,

I supposed to pay 20,000 bhat for 2 years for 47 sq meter and the owner and I paid half and half for Samsung washing machine! From April 1, I'll be moving into 2 Bedroom unit, the shower stall is much karger!

Before anyone purchasing or leasing a unit in the Grand Avenue Residence, make sure to check showers and toilets for leaking! And the slope in the shower is toward the drain!  Better yet, take a shower before signing a contract for leasing or purchasing!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Sucks you lost your deposit but that will all be long forgotten in a few months when you are lathering down with soap in your new shower two baht hungry jobless gogo girls for 2k baht all in! :D

4 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

That would have to be one hell of a discounted price for a renter to be ahead after 2 months. So, yeah, I would be happy with that.

Example a condo is 20k/m short term so after 2 months that's 40k ( deposit returned). If it was negotiated to 15K/m because renter says he wants it long term but leaves after 2 months, he's paid 30K in rent and loses his 15k deposit so total cost for him has been 45K. He's down 5k. With a 2 month deposit he'd be down 20K. Or am I missing something here?

Have you really heard of cases where anyone is able to even negotiate 20K down to 15K or better? I haven't but that doesn't mean it isn't possible I guess. At best in my experience 20K might be negotiated down to 17K but maybe I'm just a crap negotiator 55555

Cheers

BM yabusaki did the right thing others dont Yes you are missing something. I am not going to get into specifics on $ terms with  your reply. 

Agents  dont touch rentals under 3 months so you scenario would be out a fair  bit for short term in high season plus you need to add ones that do this usually do the runner and dont pay bills and eat in to deposit as well with smaller deposits.

Your not  thinking like a owner !! if you were  now you have to look for a new tenant as well so you're losing more and more till you fined one as  TIT .

I have heard of specific cases and read a thread about renting to a russian couple  that did similar (From reply 1824 maybe @JAI DEE MAK can add info) i remember he replied to it.

Even my last rental i moved into had a similar issue with a 2 year rental . The owner spent 35k to upgrade new bed with  that he wanted  to get the 2 year contract + see post 1711 page 69  left bills of 12800 baht. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Serious buyers market right now.  A friend arriving Pattaya this weekend went hard on an agent a few days ago.

The condo was 1BR .. the term was 1-month .. the asking rent was THB 20,000.

He offered THB 10,000 .. she countered THB 18,000 .. he countered THB 10,000, take it or leave it.

She accepted THB 10,000 but he needed to make an immediate deposit .. he countered no deposit, take it or leave it.

She accepted.

Anyone staying in Pattaya for the next 30-60 days is holding an absolute killer hand .. play it.

• Like 2

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

5 hours ago, brutox said:

Serious buyers market right now.  A friend arriving Pattaya this weekend went hard on an agent a few days ago.

The condo was 1BR .. the term was 1-month .. the asking rent was THB 20,000.

He offered THB 10,000 .. she countered THB 18,000 .. he countered THB 10,000, take it or leave it.

She accepted THB 10,000 but he needed to make an immediate deposit .. he countered no deposit, take it or leave it.

She accepted.

Anyone staying in Pattaya for the next 30-60 days is holding an absolute killer hand .. play it.

What is the name of the condo ?.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 19/03/2020 at 07:51, talung66 said:

BM yabusaki did the right thing others dont Yes you are missing something. I am not going to get into specifics on $ terms with  your reply. 

Agents  dont Touch rentals under 3 months so you scenario would be out a fair  bit for short term in high season plus you need to add ones that do this usually do the runner and dont pay bills and eat in to deposit as well with smaller deposits.

Your not  thinking like a owner !! if you were  now you have to look for a new tenant as well so you're losing more and more till you fined one as  TIT .

I have heard of specific cases and read a thread about renting to a russian couple  that did similar (From reply 1824 maybe @JAI DEE MAK can add info) i remember he replied to it.

Even my last rental i moved into had a similar issue with a 2 year rental . The owner spent 35k to upgrade new bed with  that he wanted  to get the 2 year contract + see post 1711 page 69  left bills of 12800 baht. 

Not really sure what you mean by agents won't touch rentals under 3 months, they'll rent you a condo for ONE DAY if you want. Dancewatchers, Honey's or any of the half dozens agents in VT6 as an example? They are agents for owners of condo's there.

At the end of the day, I as a foreigner should and want to obey the laws of Thailand, and expect those laws to be applied to me. In the current rental climate I wouldn't be surprised if I could negotiate NO deposit let alone 2 months deposit, but would pay a one month deposit just because that's the law.

You think the rental laws should be different for foreigners, we'll have to agree to disagree, all good mate.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Evilfriar said:

Not really sure what you mean by agents won't Touch rentals under 3 months, they'll rent you a condo for ONE DAY if you want. Dancewatchers, Honey's or any of the half dozens agents in VT6 as an example? They are agents for owners of condo's there.

At the end of the day, I as a foreigner should and want to obey the laws of Thailand, and expect those laws to be applied to me. In the current rental climate I wouldn't be surprised if I could negotiate NO deposit let alone 2 months deposit, but would pay a one month deposit just because that's the law.

Cheers

Ok i meant real estate agents thought you would have figured that out. As we  were talking long term not short. Daily rentals  is breaking the law as well . So if your renting from honey or danwatchers you might want to stop and follow the thai law as you say. You can add airbnb to that list and guest houses with more than 4 rooms  doing daily rentals as well..

You think the rental laws should be different for foreigners, we'll have to agree to disagree, all good mate.

Yes  i do unless it fine with you if i hop on a plane and all will be  fine leaving unpaid bills/ damage/ leaving contract early/ ect ect. and i rent i rent from you. Then you can have my one months rental deposit any time.

Were talking rental deposits i am sure thai that rent pay same deposits as foreigners.

Join the real world start thinking like a owner then tell me is fine with you.

And i'll agree with you and get ill  my next condo from you directly with no deposit..,

cheers.

1 hour ago, Evilfriar said:

I could negotiate NO deposit let alone 2 months deposit

Good luck trying to follow the law. 

Of course you can privately i did on my last condo but paid all in full first day she even said dont worry about deposit. next time you rent  a condo from a real estate agent tell me how you went following the law.

5 hours ago, talung66 said:

Ok i meant real estate agents thought you would have figured that out. As we  were talking long term not short. Daily rentals  is breaking the law as well . So if your renting from honey or danwatchers you might want to stop and follow the thai law as you say. You can add airbnb to that list and guest houses with more than 4 rooms  doing daily rentals as well..

You think the rental laws should be different for foreigners, we'll have to agree to disagree, all good mate.

Yes  i do unless it fine with you if i hop on a plane and all will be  fine leaving unpaid bills/ damage/ leaving contract early/ ect ect. and i rent i rent from you. Then you can have my one months rental deposit any time.

Were talking rental deposits i am sure thai that rent pay same deposits as foreigners.

Join the real world start thinking like a owner then tell me is fine with you.

And i'll agree with you and get ill  my next condo from you directly with no deposit..,

cheers.

Good luck trying to follow the law. 

Of course you can privately i did on my last condo but paid all in full first day she even said dont worry about deposit. next time you rent  a condo from a real estate agent tell me how you went following the law.

Dancewatchers and Honey's both have hotel licences and fully comply with the law. It's stuck up on their walls and they have been checked as all rental agencies in VT6 were just over a year ago.. I don't know why you assume that every agency that rents short term is breaking the law. So yes, they and I are complying with the law when I rent from them.

I know several girls that are renting long term in Pattaya, they did not pay 2 months deposit, only 1 month, and they are just as likely to skip out on their rental as anyone else, foreigner or not. In my opinion.

You really don't think that now with the bar closures there aren't going to be 1000's of girls going home and skipping out on their rentals? 1'000's more Thai's that rely on the tourist industry going home as well? You've never heard of a Thai being unable to pay their electric and water and doing a runner? I sure have, and often.

If I was renting out a property right now, I'd be a lot more comfortable having it rented to a foreigner such as yourself as opposed to a Thai relying on the tourist industry, you don't think so, and that's fine.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

Dancewatchers and Honey's both have hotel licences and fully comply with the law. It's stuck up on their walls and they have been checked as all rental agencies in VT6 were just over a year ago.. I don't know why you assume that every agency that rents short term is breaking the law. So yes, they and I are complying with the law when I rent from them.

I know several girls that are renting long term in Pattaya, they did not pay 2 months deposit, only 1 month, and they are just as likely to skip out on their rental as anyone else, foreigner or not. In my opinion.

You really don't think that now with the bar closures there aren't going to be 1000's of girls going home and skipping out on their rentals? 1'000's more Thai's that rely on the tourist industry going home as well? You've never heard of a Thai being unable to pay their electric and water and doing a runner? I sure have, and often.

If I was renting out a property right now, I'd be a lot more comfortable having it rented to a foreigner such as yourself as opposed to a Thai relying on the tourist industry, you don't think so, and that's fine.

Cheers

Ok

i think i'll need to wait till your actual owner and get screwed over with  leaving lease early /unpaid bills /damage/theft/ect.ect.

Were not talking a 4000 baht room fan room in soi buakhao.

15 hours ago, talung66 said:

Ok

i think i'll need to wait till your actual owner and get screwed over with  leaving lease early /unpaid bills /damage/theft/ect.ect.

Were not talking a 4000 baht room fan room in soi buakhao.

I have no interest in ever owning and subsequently renting out a condo, got no idea why you keep banging on about that.

I'm a RENTER, always have been and always will be.

Therefore my perspective will always be as a renter, but happy to play hypothetical.

Lets assume that I am. In order for you to get a financial advantage by breaking your lease after 2 months and forfeiting your ONE month deposit, I'd have to have discounted a 20K monthly lease down to about 13.5K just for you to break even. I'm just not going to do that pre C19 and I don't think any other landlord would have either.

Is Yabusaki better off financially after breaking his lease after 2 months even if he had only paid a ONE month deposit as you claim he would be?

Whether you steal, leave unpaid bills or break shit is irrelevant, that could happen even if you stayed for the full term of the lease and has Zero to do with you breaking the lease and doing a runner IMO. You really think that it's only short term renters that leave a place in a mess and don't pay their final bills? Again, happy to agree to disagree, that's your opinion and your welcome to it.

Cheers

Edited by Evilfriar
Typo's

6 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

I have no interest in ever owning and subsequently renting out a condo, got no idea why you keep banging on about that.

I'm a RENTER, always have been and always will be.

Therefore my perspective will always be as a renter, but happy to play hypothetical.

Lets assume that I am. In order for you to get a financial advantage by breaking your lease after 2 months and forfeiting your ONE month deposit, I'd have to have discounted a 20K monthly lease down to about 13.5K just for you to break even. I'm just not going to do that pre C19 and I don't think any other landlord would have either.

Is Yabusaki better off financially after breaking his lease after 2 months even if he had only paid a ONE month deposit as you claim he would be?

Whether you steal, leave unpaid bills or break shit is irrelevant, that could happen even if you stayed for the full term of the lease and has Zero to do with you breaking the lease and doing a runner IMO. You really think that it's only short term renters that leave a place in a mess and don't pay their final bills? Again, happy to agree to disagree, that's your opinion and your welcome to it.

Cheers

I am banging in about as your still not thinking like a owner the BM signed a 2 year lease and left the owner is out 22 months rent.

Holding a larger deposit for  leaving unpaid bills  and leaving  early on a lease  recoupes some losses and reassures the owner  i try and pay more in advance usually all to reduce the deposit as i want that money to spend having that much left over on my last day is better spent somewhere else

In the end of the day you made a comment that many others also make it is illegal in thailand your 2 baht worth  of advice and  so is prostitution.

Where is that going to go and what can you or I or any other  do about it when signing a contract In thailand. it is a take it or leave it or pay more in advance when dealing with real estate agents.

Or are you going to explain this to some sort of authority  I am not 

cheers that's it for me folks

Edited by talung66

11 minutes ago, talung66 said:

n the end of the day you made a comment that many others also make it is illegal in thailand your 2 baht worth  of advice and  so is prostitution.

And once again your wrong, prostitution is NOT illegal in Thailand, PIMPING and public solicitation is illegal in Thailand hence why the bars don't have anything to do with the financial transaction between you and the girl.

Yes, your right, it's a take it or leave it situation, and I would leave it, even though I have only ever looked for a long term rental once and the agent was happy with one month deposit so I didn't have to leave it. You would insist on paying 2 months deposit, and that's fine, it's your money and I'm not going to tell you how to spend it.

There sure as heck wasn't any shortage of rentals in Pattaya pre C19, and I'm guessing agents will be even keener to get any sort of renter at whatever terms in the coming months. Time will tell.

Cheers

Aloha,

Grand Avenue Residence is the only condo complex in Pattaya that has pair of steam and dry saunas! Tha pools are still open for residents and guests! Even though the gym's equipment sucks, I use it regularly since Jett and Coco Fitness are closed till end of this month! 

I'm also looking forward to moving into 2 Bedroom condo with a larger shower stall end of this month! 

Hang Loose, mongoose!

On 01/03/2020 at 20:12, Yabusaki said:

GREETINGS,

Major problems:

1. Bottom of the toilet leaks water!

2. The shower bottom should be slightly sloped in an angle so the flow of the water is toward the drain! But, not my shower, flow of water is nonexistent unless I use my feet a shovel!

Sad, very sad, substandard construction workmanship! Moreover, I would be embarrassedt o bring a girl to my condo!

These are common problems in the low build quality thai condos. Maintenance guys will do some temporary fixes, but these problems usually will not go away. You just have to live with them. Next time do your homework and find the better quality development. There are some better quality developers where toilets or taps are not leaking, drains are sloped like they should etc. The easiest thing for me to see if the property is good or not, is to see the front door. If the front door is opening inside NO, if it's opening outside, YES. Live and learn.

5 hours ago, jpmelville said:

These are common problems in the low build quality thai condos. Maintenance guys will do some temporary fixes, but these problems usually will not go away. You just have to live with them. Next time do your homework and find the better quality development. There are some better quality developers where toilets or taps are not leaking, drains are sloped like they should etc. The easiest thing for me to see if the property is good or not, is to see the front door. If the front door is opening inside NO, if it's opening outside, YES. Live and learn.

Aloha,

Excellent insightful information! I will not make the same mistake again!

Thanks

Hang Loose, mongoose!

7 hours ago, jpmelville said:

The easiest thing for me to see if the property is good or not, is to see the front door. If the front door is opening inside NO, if it's opening outside, YES. Live and learn.

I don't understand. Would you elaborate? TIA

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

8 hours ago, jpmelville said:

The easiest thing for me to see if the property is good or not, is to see the front door. If the front door is opening inside NO, if it's opening outside, YES.

That's an interesting measure of quality .. front door, as in condo front door, or building main entrance door? .. why is that?

Most fire codes, even the most basic ones, prohibit doors form opening into a corridor, as it blocks egress in the event of fire.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

On 18/03/2020 at 23:35, Evilfriar said:

Cheers

Aloha,

The short term rental price is 23,000 vs longterm rental price is 20,000 bhat per month for 2 years!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

4 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Aloha,

The short term rental price is 23,000 vs longterm rental price is 20,000 bhat per month for 2 years!

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy the next place more.

Cheers

5 hours ago, brutox said:

That's an interesting measure of quality .. front door, as in condo front door, or building main entrance door? .. why is that?

Most fire codes, even the most basic ones, prohibit doors form opening into a corridor, as it blocks egress in the event of fire.

Don't think I've ever seen a condo door that opens outwards into the corridor, must mean the front entrance I guess.

But I've mainly stayed in VT buildings, so my sample size is very small 55555

Cheers

13 hours ago, brutox said:

Every condo I have lived in Pattaya, had a condo front door opened into the corridor, so I think it's not against fire regulations. None of those condos had those low thai quality problems as water leaks anywhere. Maybe I have used to that as here in Finland I haven't see 1 front door which would open inside. Even my toilet door opens outside. Also if you have a small room, door opening outside will add some space for your stuff.

I was living in the brand new condo in Hua Hin and that soap box had all of those problems. The most hilarious one was in the balcony drain. All the water went to the exact opposite side of the drain and it started to work just before the room was flooded. Absolute shite quality.