IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

7 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I think their biggest problem was when their Waterfront project came to a halt.

was that the condo project that remains unfinished (near Bali Hai port/harbor?) - and yet to determine what will become of it - tear it down, build a wall around it (the Trumpian way), etc?  apparently they built without prior approval, adherence to city ordinances, etc - aka, perhaps didn't pay off the right officials, or they did and the officials were swapped out, or whatever... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

3 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

was that the condo project that remains unfinished (near Bali Hai port/harbor?) - and yet to determine what will become of it - tear it down, build a wall around it (the Trumpian way), etc?  apparently they built without prior approval, adherence to city ordinances, etc - aka, perhaps didn't pay off the right officials, or they did and the officials were swapped out, or whatever... 

That's the one. My guess is that they got approval, the problem is that those officials changed.  I first heard about the Waterfront over 10 years ago when it had another developer prior to Tulip.  The first developer sold units but the market softened and construction never started.  A few years later Tulip bought the project and honored the initial buyers or paid them back according to one of our former BMs who fortunately got his baht back.

• Like 1

That's the one. My guess is that they got approval, the problem is that those officials changed.  I first heard about the Waterfront over 10 years ago when it had another developer prior to Tulip.  The first developer sold units but the market softened and construction never started.  A few years later Tulip bought the project and honored the initial buyers or paid them back according to one of our former BMs who fortunately got his baht back.
I know the group of women who complained about the Waterfront position, somehow it gained momentum and the project stalled

20 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
49 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I know the group of women who complained about the Waterfront position, somehow it gained momentum and the project stalled

Where they the ones that complained about blocking the view up on the hill?

Where they the ones that complained about blocking the view up on the hill?
Yes that's them

8 hours ago, striderman said:

Russian girls at the desk..

One still works in centara azure reception desk from what i have seen and been told who she is.

Edited by talung66

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

yes that`s anna she was on sales desk at defunkt golden tulip, I was surprised when I saw her at centara,  but she`s been around there a good few years now between the two companies, was lovely girl,

Yes that's them
Are they still happy? 5 years later Tit?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

ummm

Just now, Harry Brown said:

Who is she, Russian Secret Service?

you not seen Red Sparrow ?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Swinga said:

Are they still happy? 5 years later Tit?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I've been up to that lookout area a couple times in the past and looking at the back of the Waterfront condo would provide a better view than what was there before.  The land below was full of boats on trailers along with some old tractors which would launch those boats into the bay.  The pier below along with many boats docked in the bay was an eyesore, certainly not  a Marina Del Rey.

On 12/06/2019 at 07:07, southsidebruce said:

had Russian girls at the desk

The blond Russian girl works now in the lobby of the hotel across Grand Avenue. She changed when they restart the project. She more happy now, less people complaining there.

Edited by wido
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2019 at 07:07, southsidebruce said:

initially Russians in charge of the project, or Israelis?  Or both?  who's got it now?  an Israeli company

They are Jewish Russian. 

• Like 1

On 13/06/2019 at 12:48, wido said:

They are Jewish Russian. 

No, they are Israeli.

Mr. Aviv Baal Taxa

Elran Group (Dankner Family)

https://mayafiles.tase.co.il/RPdf/664001-665000/P664022-00.pdf

Bali Hai Company Limited was registered as a limited company under the Thai Civil and Commercial Code on March 7, 2007. to engage principally in property development

Name  and Percentage of holding;

Global Thai Holding Ltd. 50.99

Elran Real Estate Far East Ltd. 24.5

Mr. Aviv Baal Taxa 24.5

If you are referring to Tulip, Kobi Elbaz also Israeli. http://www.absolutethai.com/blooming-luxury-in-pattaya-with-the-tulip-group/

Edited by NotASexTorist

6 hours ago, kent hansen said:

Any in this forum already take over their condo in this project?

3 weeks.....had inspection....lots of minor fixes but overall good

Edited by The Danimal

7 hours ago, The Danimal said:

3 weeks.....had inspection....lots of minor fixes but overall good

Hey, D'animal .. I am curious about the step-by-step process they propose for you making the final payment, and then them issuing the title deed to you .. is there any indication that a bank is holding the deed as loan collateral and will be involved?

Will it be a simultaneous, seamless exchange at the Land Department Office, or do they propose something else?

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

2 hours ago, brutox said:

Hey, D'animal .. I am curious about the step-by-step process they propose for you making the final payment, and then them issuing the title deed to you .. is there any indication that a bank is holding the deed as loan collateral and will be involved?

Will it be a simultaneous, seamless exchange at the Land Department Office, or do they propose something else?

I am not going to be of help as I am fully paid...I bought on promotion so my payment schedule was heavily frontloaded...and then I took a discount to pay it off early...which worked out (thankfully) on many accounts especially the exchange rate!

I will let you know hot the hand over goes though next month.

Edited by The Danimal
  • Like 2

looks like it is starting to come together quite nicely, as the outside areas get finished... looking less and less like a never ending, took forever to complete, construction site of a project that was way too big to begin with... 

Edited by southsidebruce

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

The "by night" view .. uhhh ..  looks like the entrance to a hotel, not a residence .. very helpful to remember where you live, if you are a resident .. not that buyers would consider illegally renting out their units as hotel accommodations to the invading hordes.

This might be interesting .. has/will the juristic post the property as not for daily rentals? .. that might gouge a serious hole in the developer's plan to sell units to Thai investors, who could be a sizeable share of their target market .. I wonder how the developer might respond if owner-occupants asked him to do so.

[As I recall, the developer has control of the juristic until 50% of the units are sold.]

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

22 minutes ago, brutox said:

The "by night" view .. uhhh ..  looks like the entrance to a hotel, not a residence .. very helpful to remember where you live, if you are a resident .. not that buyers would consider illegally renting out their units as hotel accommodations to the invading hordes.

This might be interesting .. has/will the juristic post the property as not for daily rentals? .. that might gouge a serious hole in the developer's plan to sell units to Thai investors, who could be a sizeable share of their target market .. I wonder how the developer might respond if owner-occupants asked him to do so.

[As I recall, the developer has control of the juristic until 50% of the units are sold.]

It would be interesting since they pushed very hard about the rentals during their sales pitch.  I like the place...but I will put my unit for sale immediately and see what it can fetch.  If I can come close to doubling my money I would sell...sounds not easy but I bought quite low and have a desirable unit....we will see.  If I don't get what I want I will rent out...hopefully LT...:Whistle: