IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 04:47, talung66 said:

from scuba in barstool banter if you dont go there much thought its relevant to this thread.

@gnorman, sorry m8, was reffering to this I should have quoted it,lol

8 hours ago, Oukiva said:

... Bed with view on the toilet/WC is something I will always find strange... :unsure:

No, no, Oukiva .. it is a toilet/WC .. with a view .. of the bedroom .. yeah? .. do you see it now? :) .. [perspective, perspective].

Actually, some of these spaces are deep and narrow, with a high aspect ratio (depth:width) and a low ratio of window area to unit volume .. with overall gross unit floor area and ceiling heights, these basic measures drive the interior design space plan concept (how rooms are organized within a volume) before any consideration of finishes and furnishings.

Many units are only a single bay wide, so the space gets pretty dark pretty fast as you move from the limited window space into the rear of the unit.

The interior designer's intent is to pull natural light as deep into the space as possible .. natural light creates a far better atmosphere than an artificially illuminated fully-enclosed room.

This is now a fairly common design technique in hotels and smaller condominium units here.

And .. what better view is there from the throne, doing your business while watching the tropical sunrise over the silhouette of the perfect curves rolling between the nape of a woman's neck, her shoulders, the small of her back, and then her buttocks? .. [ummm, okay, okay .. so, maybe this is not really written into the interior designer's design brief .. it should be.]

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

26 minutes ago, Gnorman said:

It's been about both from the beginning.

21 minutes ago, paulyd2k said:

@gnorman, sorry m8, was reffering to this I should have quoted it,lol

yes paul as you know what the thread is on anyhow being a reader and poster from the beginning.

if you read the tread it may just be a beneficial read as it is a related topic on Thai quota that may be relevant everywhere.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

This is a flowery deception common amongst local developers .. knowing the reality, would any presale buyer of a Pattaya local developer do it again? .. plane loads of unsuspecting victims arrive here every day who will do it.

14 minutes ago, brutox said:

This is a flowery deception common amongst local developers .. knowing the reality, would any presale buyer of a Pattaya local developer do it again? .. plane loads of unsuspecting victims arrive here every day who will do it.

I've been traveling to Thailand for decades and up until a couple of years ago I was 100% sure I'd eventually pull the pin and buy a condo, not to rent out but to live in about 6 months of the year once I retire.

After reading great insights such as your posts Brutox, and the crap all these poor investors have gone through in this thread, combined with the headache I think it would be for my family to sell once I kick the bucket, my mind is now 100% sure I won't ever invest 1 Baht in the Thailand property market.

Just now, brutox said:

i want one

• Haha 2

taken yesterday

879127315_26may009(Custom).JPG.4c01293f0d6c7cccaeed0b2f594a60cc.JPG

round the back and nothing much has changed

1994131001_26may010(Custom).JPG.ab1f8e15e278ace9903a3e255881163c.JPG

930539387_26may012(Custom).JPG.eaa00b73390f47b1d1171d677a695aba.JPG

1418138106_26may013(Custom).JPG.3e7a7702627e31dcc35f6cd1781b08c4.JPG

those wall lights appear to run the full length of the compound

394166600_26may014(Custom).JPG.24af1902a3be391a3cc00a57ceb2f5fe.JPG

3 hours ago, brutox said:

And .. what better view is there from the throne, doing your business while watching the tropical sunrise over the silhouette of the perfect curves rolling between the nape of a woman's neck, her shoulders, the small of her back, and then her buttocks? .. [ummm, okay, okay .. so, maybe this is not really written into the interior designer's design brief .. it should be.]

which is why some units feature lighted toilets and clear, visible plumbing... you can control the lighting surrounding the bottom of the toilet via Apple HomeKit , Google Home, or Amazon Alexa - Hey Siri, turn toilet lights fuscia... and when you pitch your manly loaf, showing that turd who's boss, and flush that baby, it will flow through the clear plumbing that runs in concentric circles over the bed, before heading out to Pattaya Bay, and onward to China... talk about impressing your lovely, sexy as all GetOut Isaan TBG (or TBLadyBoy) Princess... It don't get better than that, believe me!!  

• Haha 2

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

38 minutes ago, southsidebruce said:

which is why some units feature lighted toilets and clear, visible plumbing... you can control the lighting surrounding the bottom of the toilet via Apple HomeKit , Google Home, or Amazon Alexa - Hey Siri, turn toilet lights fuscia... and when you pitch your manly loaf, showing that turd who's boss, and flush that baby, it will flow through the clear plumbing that runs in concentric circles over the bed, before heading out to Pattaya Bay, and onward to China... talk about impressing your lovely, sexy as all GetOut Isaan TBG (or TBLadyBoy) Princess... It don't get better than that, believe me!!  

I sensed there would be someone on the board, some deviant, who would creep out of the sewer sludge to corrupt such a beautiful image into a sick perversion .. and there forum fans, we have him .. southsidebruce.

Umm .. more please.

Edited by brutox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, striderman said:

... those wall lights appear to run the full length of the compound

394166600_26may014(Custom).JPG.24af1902a3be391a3cc00a57ceb2f5fe.JPG

In this corrosive marine environment, the thin tubing suspending these fixtures better be made of stainless steel, or non-ferrous metal on which they hang .. fixtures made of these materials are more expensive than most local developers are likely willing to spend, unless they have a reputation to defend .. umm, doubtful here.

Observe their condition over the next 2 years .. suspended, delicate fixtures as these appear nice when newly installed, but do not weather well .. this relates to the sinking fund paid by the owners to pay for capital improvements for repairing and replacing poor quality construction and design elements.

Developers who have no long term interest in a property (like local condo developers) will invariably select the least expensive and durable fixtures, and leave their repair and replacement to the buyers after they depart.

Material selections by the developer affect the durability of exterior electrical fixtures, handrails, window and door frames, exterior door hardware, etc. .. any fixtures made from metallic materials exposed to marine environment, or plastic materials exposed to direct sunlight.

The condition of the balcony handrails in the projects these guys have completed, just a couple of years ago, are the coming attractions of what is to come.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gnorman said:

I've been traveling to Thailand for decades and up until a couple of years ago I was 100% sure I'd eventually pull the pin and buy a condo, not to rent out but to live in about 6 months of the year once I retire.

After reading great insights such as your posts Brutox, and the crap all these poor investors have gone through in this thread, combined with the headache I think it would be for my family to sell once I kick the bucket, my mind is now 100% sure I won't ever invest 1 Baht in the Thailand property market.

Hey, Gnorman .. do not let Pattaya's local developers dissuade you from buying a Thai property .. these guys are the worst the Thai property industry has to offer.

I make a very clear distinction between local, local developers and properly run developers .. they are not in the same class of business even.

The former I distrust from the word 'go' .. the latter can be relied upon to deliver.

The local developers (including Thai and farang) carry huge developer risk .. that single risk is greater than any of the risks associated with developing property .. market risk, construction risk, land title risk, regulatory risk, design risk, permitting risk, financing risk, etc. .. they are not sufficiently credit-worthy to get a loan from a conventional bank (from a high cost 'finance' company, maybe .. but, conventional banks won't touch them .. which begs the question: "Why do buyers?") .. their projects are minimally designed by professional architects and engineers only enough to pull a building permit .. to save costs, much of the important detail designs and materials selections are done by the contractors and tradesmen, so you can imagine what you are getting from Somchai and his wife .. they use small local contractors with limited financial resources, expertise, equipment, and skills .. quality materials are sacrificed for budget .. maintainability, planning, scheduling, delivery, QA, warranty work, and on, and on, and on are at a very low level.

But .. but! .. they are cheap! .. honestly, the quality of their product is probably pretty fairly priced, as long as they finish the project and deliver a clean title.

Proper developers that are publicly-traded and professionally run are far, far more reliable .. they are well funded, financed by conventional banks, fully professionally designed, permitted and in full conformance to regulations, properly managed to deliver on schedule, thoughtful about building a measure of enduring value into their products .. they are watched closely not only by buyers, but by their bankers, regulators, and shareholders.

However .. the greatest distinction to me is that the local developers have no fear of a failed project or reputational risk .. they easily pop-up on the next project, whitewash themselves with dreamy pitch pieces (as in post #1477, above) and capture planeloads of newly arrived, unsuspecting victims who unknowingly take on risks they simply cannot fathom .. with no financing available to them, these guys needn't maintain a reputation, finance the project using their buyer's unsecured deposits, and require very little of their own equity, which they can quickly recover with buyers unsecured deposits.

A publicly-traded property developer with multiple projects all over the country gets hurt badly if they blow a project like local developers do .. some repeatedly .. their reputations matter .. access to financing .. shareholder expectations .. stock exchange regulators.

I would not hesitate to buy a presale unit from a Sansiri, or Raimon Land .. not at all.

still messing about with the entrance yesterday

996929242_27may001(Custom).JPG.e6dc2ff0737dd783340162037658fc0b.JPG

i think the white covering will peal off to reveal a black finish

• Like 2

879127315_26may009(Custom).JPG.4c01293f0

Christ almighty.  I'm no architect, but this is just awful.  It's very Soviet or like somewhere you imagine Chinese factory workers might be housed.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:44, brutox said:

I would not hesitate to buy a presale unit from a Sansiri, or Raimon Land .. not at all.

I bought my unit almost 10 years ago with no regrets. The project was finished with some units occupied while others were still a shell.  The unit I liked was a shell so I had to wait about 3 months to occupy.  Locked in my lodging cost at 2009 price and exchange rate.

7 hours ago, wido said:

The finished kitchen looks still cheap

It's still a lot better outcome than a while back when investors were looking like just having an empty shell and no title.

I think you guys are very lucky another developer took this gamble on.

• Like 5

It's still a lot better outcome than a while back when investors were looking like just having an empty shell and no title.
I think you guys are very lucky another developer took this gamble on.
I think it's better to buy your own furnishings for condos, avoids the gamble of them fitting crap, which often people complain of
  • Like 3

On 26/05/2019 at 09:02, Gnorman said:

But you are willing to invest millions in the Thai property rental market? Depends how long you intent to live here but if it's years then buying is still a good option. Just don't buy off plan from one of these shady developers.

6 hours ago, chris2004 said:

But you are willing to invest millions in the Thai property rental market? Depends how long you intent to live here but if it's years then buying is still a good option. Just don't buy off plan from one of these shady developers.

I intend to only be in Thailand about six months a year. I thought for many years though I would off load an investment property I have here in Australia, and buy a condo for my personal use, and invest the excess money into the stock market. 

My thoughts are now to keep my investment property and continue to lease it 12 months a year, and just rent whilst I'm in Thailand. I'm glad these terrible property developers made me really think twice about investing in Thailand.

I understand what you are saying about not buying off the plan, but the thought of my family trying to sell a property in Thailand once I turn up my toes just will never sit easy with me. I just don't trust the rules won't change, and I don't want my family caught up in a shit fight, or a market that has collapsed.

Cheers.

Edited by Gnorman

1 hour ago, Gnorman said:

I understand what you are saying about not buying off the plan, but the thought of my family trying to sell a property in Thailand once I turn up my toes just will never sit easy with me. I just don't trust the rules won't change, and I don't want my family caught up in a shit fight, or a market that has collapsed.

Cheers.

This is also what concerns me.

• Like 3

is everyone just happy with the much lower quality kitchen units they are installing?

Hey, Gnorman .. do not let Pattaya's local developers dissuade you from buying a Thai property .. these guys are the worst the Thai property industry has to offer.
I make a very clear distinction between local, local developers and properly run developers .. they are not in the same class of business even.
The former I distrust from the word 'go' .. the latter can be relied upon to deliver.
The local developers (including Thai and farang) carry huge developer risk .. that single risk is greater than any of the risks associated with developing property .. market risk, construction risk, land title risk, regulatory risk, design risk, permitting risk, financing risk, etc. .. they are not sufficiently credit-worthy to get a loan from a conventional bank (from a high cost 'finance' company, maybe .. but, conventional banks won't touch them .. which begs the question: "Why do buyers?") .. their projects are minimally designed by professional architects and engineers only enough to pull a building permit .. to save costs, much of the important detail designs and materials selections are done by the contractors and tradesmen, so you can imagine what you are getting from Somchai and his wife .. they use small local contractors with limited financial resources, expertise, equipment, and skills .. quality materials are sacrificed for budget .. maintainability, planning, scheduling, delivery, QA, warranty work, and on, and on, and on are at a very low level.
But .. but! .. they are cheap! .. honestly, the quality of their product is probably pretty fairly priced, as long as they finish the project and deliver a clean title.
Proper developers that are publicly-traded and professionally run are far, far more reliable .. they are well funded, financed by conventional banks, fully professionally designed, permitted and in full conformance to regulations, properly managed to deliver on schedule, thoughtful about building a measure of enduring value into their products .. they are watched closely not only by buyers, but by their bankers, regulators, and shareholders.
However .. the greatest distinction to me is that the local developers have no fear of a failed project or reputational risk .. they easily pop-up on the next project, whitewash themselves with dreamy pitch pieces (as in post #1477, above) and capture planeloads of newly arrived, unsuspecting victims who unknowingly take on risks they simply cannot fathom .. with no financing available to them, these guys needn't maintain a reputation, finance the project using their buyer's unsecured deposits, and require very little of their own equity, which they can quickly recover with buyers unsecured deposits.
A publicly-traded property developer with multiple projects all over the country gets hurt badly if they blow a project like local developers do .. some repeatedly .. their reputations matter .. access to financing .. shareholder expectations .. stock exchange regulators.

Brutox, you need to be pulled up. No doubt you have some valid points. However the "Thai public" listed developers sprooked by you. Turn out some marginal crap. Centric by sea. The Edge, are great examples of ready to fall down, concrete decaying, rust buckets. But they have fund's to do that quick. [emoji106]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

ummm

4 minutes ago, Swinga said:

Brutox, you need to be pulled up. No doubt you have some valid points. However the "Thai public" listed developers sprooked by you. Turn out some marginal crap. Centric by sea. The Edge, are great examples of ready to fall down, concrete decaying, rust buckets. But they have fund's to do that quick. emoji106.png

The Edge is a Sansiri project and isn't ready to fall down as it's only at the foundation stage of construction.

The Edge is a Sansiri project and isn't ready to fall down as it's only at the foundation stage of construction.
Edge, base, whatever, same shit if you look at the rust running down the base on the outside. Are you splitting hairs on the point these "puplically listed" devopers churn shite?

ummm