Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

53 minutes ago, Henrik Bejstrup Nielsen said:

Top with glass is now in place, but small details still neeed to bed fixed

20190428_041143.jpg

Ahhh, yes, the 'grande porte-cochere' .. the portico .. this one is more form before function, dreamed-up by an architect, or developer who never used or maintained one .. glass? .. really?

The glass canopy will over little time gather dust and debris, which is probably not simply rinsed off with a hose, but needs to be scrubbed off .. cleaning the glass canopy will be a maintenance headache .. cleaning the backside of the glass canopy, up against the adjoining building where a ladder/scaffold cannot get to it, will take either a bit of magic, or trained monkeys.

My guess is that cleaning this gets deleted from routine maintenance by the property manager.

Sadly, the portico is the front door of the project, creating the all-important 'sense of arrival' a properly planned property should create to make a good impression to arriving and departing guests and residents .. done poorly, however, that front door makes the very bad first and last impression to the project to walk-ins.

I see this idea as decidedly poor .. arriving by car, visitors will drive past the portico into the project .. arriving on foot, visitors might already be wet (from rain, or with sweat), so cover from the weather for the last 40 metres they walk into the property really makes little difference .. except that it will probably be dirty, as diligent as Thai property management typically is.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Also, wouldn’t it get very hot under the glass canopy.  Like the greenhouse effect.

2 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

Also, wouldn’t it get very hot under the glass canopy.  Like the greenhouse effect.

Hah! .. yeah, I thought of that too, typhoon42, I really did .. I did not mention it, assuming that no one .. I mean noooooo one .. could be so stupid as to enclose the entire length of the portico in glass, top-to-bottom, to create a solar oven hot enough to char a whole porker in 40 metres!

My experience in property development and investment here tells me that the Thai mentality might be to leave the bottom open .. maybe not for design reasons, but for cost saving reasons .. sort of doing the right thing, but for the wrong reason.

If they went low-cost/low-quality on the canopy material, the inexpensive polymer material this can be will not wear well under the intense radiation at this low latitude .. it will wear for a few years before it starts breaking down, discoloring, and becoming brittle .. the developer will be long gone by then, and the residents will have to put up the capital investment to replace it.

Think of the amenities on which the developer could have spent that same money, that tenants would have actually used .. pool cabanas .. properly landscaped rooftop garden .. quality fitness center equipment.

This is but one among hundreds of judgement calls, large and small, made by the developer when programming elements to be included in the project .. not just about the elements usefulness, but durability and ongoing maintenance and operating expenses.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

amazing - pass by this not often now (used to do it daily) looks like this monstrosity of a condo build on Bukhao Soi 15 - appears like it just might get completed... my total and uneducated guess - completely finished the build inside and out - 6 months from today... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

On 29/04/2019 at 05:45, southsidebruce said:

amazing - pass by this not often now (used to do it daily) looks like this monstrosity of a condo build on Bukhao Soi 15 - appears like it just might get completed... my total and uneducated guess - completely finished the build inside and out - 6 months from today... 

If they find workers for finishing. On the floor banner at the entrance they are looking for workers. For electricity, ceilings, water, painting ... 

• Like 2

Bom has been established and more material for entrance arrive.

From inspection until we can get the key will be about 1 month. That is the time they will need to fix problems you find. When you get the key you will also get the chanote. That is what as I was told yesterday.

They still need a lot of details, so I dont think everything will be finish before the end of this yeay. But it´s only my guess.

20190504_052207.jpg

20190504_050650.jpg

20190504_050731.jpg

20190504_050717.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They have startet to place cover for aircon. Remark some of them are vertical and some are horizontal.  I don´t know if it´s randomly but I have asked for horizontal and that was acceptet.

They have startet to repaint the wall at entrance.

20190505_041618.jpg

20190505_043801.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Henrik Bejstrup Nielsen said:

Bom has been established and more material for entrance arrive.

From inspection until we can get the key will be about 1 month. That is the time they will need to fix problems you find. When you get the key you will also get the chanote. That is what as I was told yesterday.

They still need a lot of details, so I dont think everything will be finish before the end of this yeay. But it´s only my guess.

20190504_052207.jpg

20190504_050650.jpg

20190504_050731.jpg

20190504_050717.jpg

Only building A maybe. Not the other buildings. A real estate agence told me for buildig C maybe end of october. 

what the chance of any rentals available in mid july

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

27 minutes ago, talung66 said:

I would stay away till they are finished, otherwise your short time may be disturbed by workers doing some fixing or guarantie work. 

5 hours ago, talung66 said:

somewhere south of zero

20 hours ago, striderman said:

somewhere south of zero

I will be almost zero. Even in Building A there still need a lot to be done

Preparing for more/new green.

I think builing A as the first will be ready in about two month. But it´s only my guess. The last Building will proberly not be finished before the end of the year.

They are still looking for workers.

20190507_065937.jpg

20190507_070032.jpg

20190507_070904.jpg

20190507_071008.jpg

2 hours ago, Henrik Bejstrup Nielsen said:

System for Water protection for garage.  They can baricade entance.so no/or only Little Water can come to garage.

Preparing for new green

Truck with elements for furniture. They  arrive almost every day

Still working at the entrance.

This will be my last update, as I am leaving Thailand for this time

Thanks for the pics, i asked the management what they will do with the small balcony outside the bed room of some condo. I did a proposition for artificial green but haven't got an answer. They only said: good question.

IMG_20190402_145658.jpg

IMG_20190408_125436.jpg

Edited by wido

Can't wait to see how the May inspections go....anyone here have one set?...I am June 17.

Maybe they can put plastic trees[emoji120][emoji1787]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

ummm

8 hours ago, Swinga said:

Maybe they can put plastic treesemoji120.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

They answered now, the project management has noting provided. After hand over the unit you can do it by youself.

If i do nothing it will be a dirty seight out of the window of the bed room. Some one a serious sugestion?

I would suggest get a curved planter box that will sit just below the line of the window,  then grow some plants there.  You could water them with a spray wand via the open window.  Should look pretty good, like a tiny garden when they get established.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

they seem to have made much more of an effort to make the more visible units facing inwards look better than those on the outside.................

yesterday, a block facing the direction of buakaow

1290648893_9may005(Custom).JPG.1f53c6e467c80de3a084ab0ec47d0f16.JPG

the only thing that has appeared to have changed is the rail has been added to the balcony glass

with regard to storm water surge.......................there has been a prison work detail trying to clear debris etc from the main drain in Soi 15 all week.

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ocka said:

I would suggest get a curved planter box that will sit just below the line of the window,  then grow some plants there.  You could water them with a spray wand via the open window.  Should look pretty good, like a tiny garden when they get established.

The weight of the wet soil and what the constant moisture will do to the building should be considered. You may have to get permission from the juristic person/condo rules to put something on a ledge without a rail or outside a rail. 

Edited by likeaking
  • Like 3

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

10 hours ago, wido said:

They answered now, the project management has noting provided. After hand over the unit you can do it by youself.

If i do nothing it will be a dirty seight out of the window of the bed room. Some one a serious sugestion?

Honestly...just put some fake greenery...low cost..no maintenance...looks good and no damage to building

5 hours ago, striderman said:

there has been a prison work detail trying to clear debris etc from the main drain in Soi 15 all week.

I thought I saw Luke when I passed by the other day.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Honestly...just put some fake greenery...low cost..no maintenance...looks good and no damage to building

True,  you can get some very realistic-looking fake plants.  All you would need to do is rinse the dust off them now and then. 

That's probably a better solution for someone who is not a full time resident.   Real plants would die every time they went back to their home country.

You'd have to find some way to anchor them to the ledge so they didn't blow away in high winds.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png