IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

In Centara Azure not only were they far from showroom quality & materials but the extractors aren't even piped to anywhere . You can of course pay extra to get it done .Numerous disappointments in this place & still ongoing. Once again before taking over tap your floor tiles as many units here had to be redone 
Still no chanote for you?

but how can they show you one thing and give you something else, typical of this lot,   cant wait to rid of the thing,  been a nightmare for 5 years,

This is exactly the way that it's done in the US.

The model homes and model condos are always upgraded in the hope that the buyers will see how great those better cabinets, nicer countertops, stainless steel appliances, upgraded sinks and faucets, better doors, better shower doors, better floors, etc. make the place look. And they have a decorator spend a fortune furnishing and accessorizing the model to make it look bigger and more welcoming. All in the hope that you will want to spend a lot of money on those upgrades.

It's a typical upsell in almost all walks of life. Just like buying a new car. They show you an optioned out model in the hope that you won’t want the base version, and you’ll spend some more on the options. And sometimes the builder makes more on the options and upgrades than on the home or condo itself. The margins on options and upgrades are sky high.

13 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

but how can they show you one thing and give you something else, typical of this lot,   cant wait to rid of the thing,  been a nightmare for 5 years,

Didn't this complex have 2 different owner/developers?

yes, maybe they changed the spec without telling anybody, as they would, 

7 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Still no chanote for you?

soon next month.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

The passage for pedestrians almost done. 
1558168723191.thumb.jpg.8c5aa88916b7015852c19b5d33a520ca.jpg

They did a beautiful job on that wall. The marble is very expensive looking, and the light fixtures add to the feeling of high end finishes.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vivid2 said:

They did a beautiful job on that wall. The marble is very expensive looking, and the light fixtures add to the feeling of high end finishes.

definitely not marble..in fact quite cheap...each of the black tiles used at the entrance has the exact same design...the beige I think there are two designs

definitely not marble..in fact quite cheap...each of the black tiles used at the entrance has the exact same design...the beige I think there are two designs

That photo was taken from a very strange angle, and it sure looked good at first glance. But now that you've pointed it out, I can see that you’re right. I’m almost 9,000 miles away, and it’s funny how much different something can look in person or in a pic.

What's your take on the light fixtures?

It seems that they’re doing far more than the minimum required to make the place look nice.

I suppose it could have been much worse....they could have left plain concrete blocks.

3 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Indeed. Seems to be the kind of big tiles they sell for modern bathrooms. But I bet very few people will notice that, and if they stay clean and glossy, this wall will continue to look nice. :)

Will  they cover this path? How? This kind of lamp is not made for outside.

BTW chromed bars do not do well in Pattaya seaside air. Salt in air tend to corrode them rather quickly. I have to clean monthly chromed parts in my condo. :unsure:

3 hours ago, vivid2 said:

That photo was taken from a very strange angle, and it sure looked good at first glance. But now that you've pointed it out, I can see that you’re right. I’m almost 9,000 miles away, and it’s funny how much different something can look in person or in a pic.

What's your take on the light fixtures?

It seems that they’re doing far more than the minimum required to make the place look nice.

I suppose it could have been much worse....they could have left plain concrete blocks.

2 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Indeed. Seems to be the kind of big tiles they sell for modern bathrooms. But I bet very few people will notice that, and if they stay clean and glossy, this wall will continue to look nice. :)

Will  they cover this path? How? This kind of lamp is not made for outside.

BTW chromed bars do not do well in Pattaya seaside air. Salt in air tend to corrode them rather quickly. I have to clean monthly chromed parts in my condo. :unsure:

at least with the beige there are two or so different images and the tiles are rotated to simulate variances...while the black tiles are virtually all set  the same way and it is quite obvious

I like most of what they are doing...but with the additional money they are spending on what I would consider unnecessary items and upgrades I would rally like the jacuzzi they sneakily took away.....not to mention:

- too mush border around the pool

- too many slides

- no hot tub

- the eyesores they put in to cover the forgotten want pumps

- we will see about the bathroom mirrors/backsplashes

- we will also see about the exercise equipment and rooftops when they are finished

No but apparently possible soon though i have heard that before . Now apparently i have a new problem . Despite sorting it all out February 2018 including my totosum  for  the chanote that was meant to be within a month or 2 at that time . Just last week i went to juristic to ask about a different topic when i was told they can process my chanote again . Only to go there today & be told i need to come up with a large totosum . I explained i had already seen her & the Bank 15 months ago & it was sorted at the time so what has happened since . I still haven't got a proper answer & she couldn't even recall seeing me but i do have some proof of that . But no way am i going to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to buy totosum because they have lost my records or since my initial deposit in 2011 is too old. I don't know if there is some confusion because i had transferred a lot of it from my Australian bank to Tulip Biz group bank account but she now tell me this cannot be used . Like WTF ?
What a complicated country this is . I would still love to know where all the bureaucratic paper they use gets stuffed & how many trees downed here . It took 3 more photocopied pages signed just because a different girl is going to use the power of attorney from 15 months ago i signed despite that same lady working there & being the 1 telling me she never saw me

There must be others in the same position on the totosum, which sounds like a deposit, I've not heard that term before. They've lost their records or are ignoring them and want it again, typical

7 hours ago, Blueydog said:

... But no way am i going to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to buy totosum because they have lost my records or since my initial deposit in 2011 is too old. I don't know if there is some confusion because i had transferred a lot of it from my Australian bank to Tulip Biz group bank account but she now tell me this cannot be used . Like WTF ? ...

[Bloody hell! .. this has been going on since 2011?!]

Hey, Blueydog .. that part above, about "had transferred a lot of it from my Australian bank to Tulip Biz group bank account but she now tell me this cannot be used" made my antennae quiver.

"cannot be used" could have a couple of meanings .. it could be a legitimate regulatory/contractual issue .. or, it could be that it is not there .. this would be a very Thai way of saying that.

I'd dig in on this to be sure you understand for sure why it "cannot be used".

If this money, this "totosum" (whatever that is), was deposited into a Tulip Biz Group account, it was totally unsecured .. the first developer could do anything with it he wanted .. I mean that quite literally.

In the project takeover, the new developer might or might not have been credited with that "totosum" .. now this .. this is where my butthole would pucker-up.

My question to this woman might simply be: "If I cannot use it, can I have it back, and then do whatever I need to replace it according to your new scheme?" .. establish if it is still there and clearly credited to you.

Also, keep in mind that you are probably dealing with someone with no real authority .. a 'pretty', who is there to carry the mail and run interference between you and the person with real authority.

3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

... I've not heard that term before ["totosum"]. They've lost their records or are ignoring them and want it again, typical ...

As Scuba+, I've never heard the term and I've been around this business a lot.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

As Scuba+, I've never heard the term and I've been around this business a lot.

Any chance that it means “Total Sum”....as in “The Total sum of your costs as a deposit is due at this point to reserve this unit?? Down Payment?? Just guessing.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

There must be others in the same position on the totosum, which sounds like a deposit, I've not heard that term before.

I think he meant "Tor Tor Sam", the document that used to be issued by your bank when receiving money from abroad in your bank account in Thailand.

This document is no more used for a very long time (decades?) but its name resists... Bank now use FET (Foreign Exchange Transaction form).

I can add to this but this soon to be 60 page long thread is meant to be about Golden Tulip err i mean Grand Avenue all started by the same people
The gymnasium was finally completed a couple of months back & is of reasonable standard. The sauna & steam rooms are not complete. The roof top gardens & probably the awnings it was meant to have will never be completed
Numerous people are still awaiting their chanote but they seem to have came into some money recently to start this ball rolling again. Those who have their chanote  , some for a year plus now due to them having various deals with different agents on resale are required to pay their maintenance levies & if do not have been threatened with legal action despite neither juristic or the big men over the road being able to produce any kind of books showing sinking funds or costs going in & out . There is still no AGM meeting as not enough people have their chanote
Apart from the hotel a good proportion of the entire complex being buildings A,B & C are run like an air bnb booking place & even the room opposite mine also being a 1 bedder has a queen bed installed not only in the bedroom but in the living room which generally means 4 people coming to stay there for anywhere from a day to a few days at most. This may not seem too bad but it means 4 people i can hear having a shower rather then 2. 4 people opening & closing doors rather then 2. I recently contacted the host i found on Air bnb. A Thai lady in BKK . Whether she is the owner or not i have no idea but she was quite apologetic about what i told her & assured me she will do her best to rectify my complaints. I forgot to mention to her i even had some new comers knock on my door to ask if i know how to get in the room to which i replied contact your host . 
Hmmm what else, people not having towels going to the pool & returning into the lift dripping wet. Anybody basically being able to walk through the place without any kind of checks & multiple entry points . Nobody to really voice your concerns to as it falls on deaf ears
I am assuming Grand avenue will also for the larger part become a huge air bnb complex as honestly most people bought never with the intention to actually live in them. You can see groups of Chinese & Indians leaving with their suit cases daily if you care to watch the pool area.
large areas of pool tiles fallen off , ie larger than foot size & some extremely poor attempts to glue back into place
Ohh crap what am i doing ? i said i was seriously thinking of selling. I wouldn't make a good agent would i & yes you can still sell without your chanote you just exchange the contract even now in mid 2019
Its useful info as Grand Avenue could have the same problems.

Sounds like the land office want to see the FET to prove it comes from abroad, fair enough. I don't think you need to pay twice. If you do need to send it in from abroad again, the developers must send you the previous amount back, so you only lose/gain on currency rate changes. See what@brutox says

7 hours ago, Blueydog said:

So if no Joy from Bangkok bank my options are  A: pay for Fet to get the value required for the land office or 

B: Sell the condo which i am seriously thinking of doing ,but which still means i won't legally be able to transfer the money back to my account in Australia. Meaning my options would be to spend all of that money here or take it back 10 or 20k at a time which would still raise questions in Australia if i did it that way.

There maybe better options as i have only just discovered this & will need to research more. I hope this may save some other people from my new kind of grief

Another option you could use is transfer the THB to Aussie friends living here. They in turn would do a domestic transfer of the equivalent AUD from their Australian bank to yours.

from scuba in barstool banter if you dont go there much thought its relevant to this thread.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

this threads about grand avenue, ????????  or previously golden tulip

3 hours ago, wido said:

1558788649279.jpg

1558788669576.jpg

1558788699715.jpg

Looks great wido...no doubt you have one of the better decorated units....congrats

3 hours ago, wido said:

1558787590838.jpg

Bed with view on the toilet/WC is something I will always find strange... :unsure:

21 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

this threads about grand avenue, ????????  or previously golden tulip

It's been about both from the beginning.

• Like 1