IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

16 hours ago, Serpeliou said:

Thappraya road has many different kind of bar: beer bars of course but also the Viper agogo with some nice girls, the Liquor Lounge, one door after the Viper,

Neither of those are located on Thappraya.

8 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

I think they are. Thappraya bends down from the hill and turns right towards the beach. The two bars in question are on the left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Yes they are.

Thappraya goes right at the Hanuman statue and down to the beach.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

16 hours ago, Serpeliou said:

I was in Jomtien 3 weeks in November/December. Here a little upgrade about the bar in this area:

The Rompho Complex look to be alive again with more open bars than before Covid. It's a nice place to seat and drink a beer or play pool. Still good food at the Rompho evening market or at Kiss Restaurant but it's not open 24 as it was but close around midnight.

Thappraya road has many different kind of bar: beer bars of course but also the Viper agogo with some nice girls, the Liquor Lounge, one door after the Viper, with some funny ladies. I went a few time to Country Road 3 but it was really quiet.

Soi 2 to Soi Whitehouse have also many small bars full of ladies, massage shop and even ladyboy bar for those who are interested. And I never see so many freelancer on the Beach Road around this area. At my last night it was dozen of ladies sitting on motorbike or waiting on the sidewalk for customer.

There is also about 10 to 15 bars in Kanchana Alley wich is around 1.5 km from Soi Immigration. 

Of course the girls are not all young and superstar as they are in the WS but you can found some lovely girl in a hidden bar around Jomtien.

I will also write a small review about the Jomtien's Gentleman Club.

I like soi Whitehouse also, the Bryghuset Bar has live music and pretty girls, but they can be a bit pushy for drinks.

Rompho definatly good at the moment, free pool everywhere and very good tables in some bars. been a bit of cash spent on some new bars

I would use Viper agogo more, but the music when I have been in is that awful issan pop, which the DJ is playing for the girls, not the customers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Yes they are.

Thappraya goes right at the Hanuman statue and down to the beach.

No they are not! I took these photos 5 minutes ago.

The first & second pictures heading south on Thappraya you can see what the street signs say at the traffic light.... Jomtien Beach Rd which is to the right. Both bars are down on the left on Jomtien Beach Rd. 

Hanuman is left at the light. You can see the blue sign next to the statue that says Hanuman.

The last picture is heading north on Jomtien 2nd Rd which turns into Thappraya after the light. The sign again says Jomtien Beach Rd. No signs anywhere say Hanuman. 

And Thappraya does not head down to the beach.

20230102_152729.jpg

20230102_152754.jpg

20230102_152811.jpg

20230102_152819.jpg

20230102_152911.jpg

Edited by Rocketboy

6 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

No they are not! I took these photos 5 minutes ago.

The first & second pictures heading south on Thappraya you can see what the street signs say at the traffic light.... Jomtien Beach Rd which is to the right. Both bars are down on the left on Jomtien Beach Rd. 

Hanuman is left at the light. You can see the blue sign next to the statue that says Hanuman.

The last picture is heading north on Jomtien 2nd Rd which turns into Thappraya after the light. The sign again says Jomtien Beach Rd. No signs anywhere say Hanuman. 

And Thappraya does not head down to the beach.

20230102_152729.jpg

20230102_152754.jpg

20230102_152811.jpg

20230102_152819.jpg

20230102_152911.jpg

C7C198C6-7839-4829-9B69-9AFDB4C8AFCF.jpeg

17 minutes ago, davidge said:

C7C198C6-7839-4829-9B69-9AFDB4C8AFCF.jpeg

I see this and I also see what I took pictures of...I'll leave it at that!

No need for further posts on this subject from me! 

9 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

I see this and I also see what I took pictures of...I'll leave it at that!

No need for further posts on this subject from me! 

And a final one from me before we leave the thread to get back on track…

You posted a DIRECTION sign and not a Street sign. Shame you can’t just accept facts but there you go. :Dunno1:

38 minutes ago, davidge said:

And a final one from me before we leave the thread to get back on track…

You posted a DIRECTION sign and not a Street sign. Shame you can’t just accept facts but there you go. :Dunno1:

Shame! 555 Not really!

If I'm wrong I'm wrong! No big deal for me to accept that fact!

Edited by Rocketboy

Can you recommend any good Beach road coffee shops, especially ones that have some yummy pastries.

Always said Jomtien beach road lacks a good beach front pub or bar which would overlook the beach with great views. 

Just seems a mixed bag of old thai restaurants, massage shops and coffee shops that’s been there for ages. 

Good that some life in the bars on soi 7 and Rompho complex again n soi Whitehouse  trying to make a go,again.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

2 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Always said Jomtien beach road lacks a good beach front pub or bar which would overlook the beach with great views. 

Try Akvavit. No bargirls though.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m entering the last 10 days of my trip (where has it gone?!) and I’ve really explored very little so can’t really update. Jomtien has been busy, baht buses very busy, and the businesses in the first part of Jomtien seem to mostly be doing pretty well out of it.

The police have been very active setting up roadblocks very regularly. Sometimes they set up small ones as Thappraya turns into Third Rd and they’ve set up a number of big ones at the Thappraya/Thepprasit junction with bollards, loads of police and ‘spotters’ with radios just down the road. It’s always bikes they’re checking.

The good hairdresser I used pre-Covid is no longer there and I wasn’t really happy with the one I used. I’ll have a trim (and manicure/pedicure) before I leave so will look around to see what’s available.

On 03/01/2023 at 17:50, Sloracer said:

Can you recommend any good Beach road coffee shops, especially ones that have some yummy pastries.

Branch Coffee #1.

Chao Doi has way better pastries coffee is so so for me! Also at 1800 everyday all pastries and cakes are 50% off!

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocketboy said:

Branch Coffee #1.

Chao Doi has way better pastries coffee is so so for me! Also at 1800 everyday all pastries and cakes are 50% off!

I was just there an hour ago! :)

20230116_182434.jpg

20230116_182441.jpg

20230116_182447.jpg

20230116_182452.jpg

20230116_182456.jpg

20230116_182459.jpg

20230116_182502.jpg

20230116_182506.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to Paddy’s Bar & Restaurant (the old Pig & Whistle) this evening. Third visit this trip. I wasn’t impressed by the western food on my previous visits so had chicken cashew this evening.

Friendly service. Place was quiet with few people eating but the food still took some time to arrive.

B30D59E0-4291-497F-898D-8A12A355EF7B.jpeg

Portion not as big as some places but more than enough for me. It was a very good meal. Possibly very slightly more spicy than I’d prefer - but I’m a real wimp when it comes to chillis nowadays. Very good value at 145 baht including rice. Heineken 115 baht a pint. Toilets very clean and well kept. 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Are there in Jomtien any places for cheap knockoffs equal to Buakhao Market and Mikes Shopping Mall?

15 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

Are there in Jomtien any places for cheap knockoffs equal to Buakhao Market and Mikes Shopping Mall?

Yes here... right now only Friday Saturday Sunday. But as you  can see it's going to be everyday starting 7 February.

FB_IMG_1675242556691.jpg

On 01/02/2023 at 16:11, Rocketboy said:

Yes here... right now only Friday Saturday Sunday. But as you  can see it's going to be everyday starting 7 February.

FB_IMG_1675242556691.jpg

Thanks, will go there next time as I have to go to Phuket tomorrow morning.

Btw, I believe I met you and two friends walking Jomtien Beach Road this morning? 

On 02/01/2023 at 12:17, Rocketboy said:

Soi Tinnies ? 

( I think Thappraya extend down to the beach road )

1 minute ago, Rocketboy said:

Dude I already said I was wrong about that!

Ok dude ! Next time you see me you can give me the " two finger salute ! " 

On 17/01/2023 at 07:37, davidge said:

I don’t usually eat lunch but went for a stroll along Dongtan today and stopped at the quite large outdoor Thai restaurant just past the Rabbit Resort as you go north. Sorry, don’t know the name.

D8F69013-E684-40C7-ACA0-4E455BFFAB33.jpeg

Quite an extensive Thai food menu with a few farang items. Prices reasonable. Also, lots of smoothies and mocktails on the menu.

I had flat noodles with vegetables. On the menu it’s a choice of chicken, pork, shrimp or squid but I asked them just for vegetables and they were happy to oblige.

DFC5909A-9019-401E-97C5-395A0C87B852.jpeg

It was done well and very tasty and ‘clean ‘. 100 baht.

I also had a mixed berry smoothie which wasn’t ruined with lots of sugar as in so many places. 70 baht.

Very friendly service and somewhere I’m happy to recommend.

Nice view as well:

D0C91E5D-C054-4038-9476-C0116936A04F.jpeg

The Blue Cat Beach Restaurant has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/BLUE+CAT+BEACH+RESTAURANT/@12.9039446,100.8604111,767m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x310297ef8569ba9f:0x82ef5adf52863a6!8m2!3d12.9028365!4d100.8629116!16s%2Fg%2F11k3dz0m5k

Great thread. I'm looking forward to a relaxing few days in Jomtiem in March and really appreciate the info here.

• 2 months later...

Was your room looking on the Pattaya or the Jomtien side?

Which month you were there and how was the sun? Did it reflect on your window or only on the balcony?