IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

The map indicates all traffic from Pattaya will go thru Beach road..Was asking for the return trip back to pattaya ...But now as i gather from the above post ,its changed to march 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

any news on the current songthaew route would be really great ...Its the return trip of the songthaew which is confusing.

If we are coming to Jomtien night market and want to go back to pattaya ,where do we need to wait ? Beach road or go behind  to Second road..

thanks in advance

16 hours ago, crazivampire69 said:

any news on the current songthaew route would be really great ...Its the return trip of the songthaew which is confusing.

If we are coming to Jomtien night market and want to go back to pattaya ,where do we need to wait ? Beach road or go behind  to Second road..

thanks in advance

last night I didnt know where to take them back so we just ordered a bolt

16 hours ago, crazivampire69 said:

thanks in advance

You'll need to go up to second road . 

Some of the baht busses on second road are doing a loop from second road back down Thappraya road towards the beach and some are continuing on to Pattaya.  

2 hours ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Some of the baht busses on second road are doing a loop from second road back down Thappraya road towards the beach and some are continuing on to Pattaya.  

Great intel thanks.

i normally stay past soi 9 and love going to Hemingways for a few quiet beers mid afternoon.  My last trip I would just get a baht bus on beach road and 10 mins later I am ringing the bell on the baht bus out the front of Hemingways all for 10 baht.

This trip with the changes to the direction of travel -  was thinking I would have to walk down to Soi 7 then walk up the Soi to second road and catch a baht bus to the corner of Thappraya  - get off at that point and either walk down to Hemingways or wait to catch a connecting baht bus down towards the beach - not a huge issue I know but on those hot days and the sweat factor being high it certainly adds an element of ….maybe I will just go to the kiwi and wombat bar instead 😀

was watching a you tube video yesterday off beach road Jomtien and noticed heaps of motor bikes going the opposite way against the ongoing traffic (which was to be expected ) 😀.

i am not a local so defer to greater knowledge - my sense is that I would prefer it reverted back to the original way (certainly easier to get around)

7 hours ago, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

But I thought it was one way only ..ie from thrappaya road to beach road ...surely there would be a deterrent for such ...anyway the best way now is to walk alongside kwang mueang road is it ?

5 minutes ago, crazivampire69 said:

But I thought it was one way only ..ie from thrappaya road to beach road ...surely there would be a deterrent for such ...anyway the best way now is to walk alongside kwang mueang road is it ?

very confusing post....you need to look at the latest traffic map.

2 hours ago, crazivampire69 said:

Thappraya road is two way.  Traffic along Dongan beach road from Pratumnak to Jomtien can turn left at the police box and go up Thappraya road.  

Jomtien beach road is one way and police are turning around anyone heading north before they turn right into Thappraya road.

Grab a baut bus anywhere you want. They all loop around and head north(tword)Pattaya on second road. If you grab one on the beach, you'll take the senic route. Otherwise hike up any soi and grab one on second road. You will find out if it is heded to Pattaya or doing the beach loop when you get to Thapraya at the Hunan intersection. Most go to Patts I think.

• Like 1