IGNORED

Jomtien - my very rough guide

davidge

Friend enjoyed the Continental so much he wanted to go back today. He had the French this time - 2 boiled eggs and 2 croissants - and he enjoyed it.

As I said, I don’t often eat breakfast/brunch and couldn’t face a full cooked again so I ordered the 2 kippers with brown bread. The waitress was obviously slightly confused as I was served this:

IMG_3302.jpeg

To be fair, it is next to what I ordered on the menu :rolleyes: A few moments later she was even more confused when I asked for vinegar to put on my kipper. However, after going away and talking to other staff I was brought a bottle of vinegar that looked as if it had been on the shelf for a while :)

Although I didn’t really want them, the eggs were good and I enjoyed the kipper. This breakfast doesn’t come with any drinks included (169 baht) so I ordered an orange juice and a water. The tall glass of orange juice was very good and much better than the one that’s included in some breakfasts (which is probably Tang).

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

37 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Those pancakes look nice and looks like they are American size if you will! :)Will go check it out my friend! 

Nice seeing you and @duke mainat Branch!

Eat one of those big boy breakfasts and I will give you the keys to my bike for a ride 555

Great catching up too... been too long man.

Hope to meet up soon.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Continental Bakery again this morning. I had the Swiss breakfast with tea, brown toast and a bottle of water at a total cost of 179 baht. No complaints.

IMG_3385.jpeg

• Like 4

Another bakery has opened a few doors up from the Continental that has a large display of breads outside but I’ve not tried it yet.

IMG_5921.jpeg

Still a lot of traffic today with the extended holiday. It’s been VERY busy over the weekend.

I tried the cafe at the Rabbit Resort on Saturday and it was ok but nothing special. Prices not too bad considering the hotel is quite expensive. Non stop traffic going both ways along Dongtan and lots of people walking along the beach. The cafe was close to full.

IMG_3380.jpeg71230283633__BDC930D6-2025-4B0B-BAC8-B019A4D1E6A8.jpeg

If anyone fancies a pizza then there’s a lot worse than Lovely Pizza at the entrance to Jomtien Complex (Supertown) just across from Tinnie’s.

Bases made fresh from dough, wide selection of toppings, under 200 baht. In fact I think the Margherita is 129. Most other options 169, 179 or so.

IMG_5927.jpeg

Back to the Continental yet again! This time the Big German Breakfast. 185 baht including tea/coffee, orange juice and toast. 10 baht extra if you want brown toast.

IMG_3393.jpeg

4 minute eggs just right for me.

Another bakery has opened a few doors up from the Continental that has a large display of breads outside but I’ve not tried it yet.

It has been there already quite long time. Excellent fresh french buns early in the morning for take to home for breakfast.

• Like 1

Old Fart

Continued my short meanderings this morning.

Bought a takeaway sandwich Parisien from Odelice for later (160 baht). If anyone has a sweet tooth they had a selection of very nice looking cakes etc you can buy by the slice as well as bread and croissants etc.

I then went to the Fat Bunny cafe. I had chicken fried rice and a soda and also got a mixed salad for takeaway to eat with my sandwich. Total bill was 165 baht. This place is very good value with friendly service.

I am feeling the heat at the moment though. By the time I got back to my condo I felt cooked.

For those unsure of location, Odelices (1) is down the Soi at the side of Tinnies on the next corner and Fat Bunny (2) is across Thappraya Rd from Tinnies and slightly closer to the beach.

IMG_5935.jpeg

4 minutes ago, mikey2410 said:

What is that blue aircraft thing ?

Not sure. I’m getting strange things on Google maps ever since I opened something here on the forum. I reckon a BM has totally fucked it up for me.

When I click on it it gives a Visa Company?? :Dunno1:

1 hour ago, mikey2410 said:

Maybe related to this?

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7543749?hl=en

You can change parts of Google Maps and choose what you find when you get directions. When you get directions, you can change the blue arrow to a car or other vehicle. You can switch back to the arrow at any time."

Directions at link.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

4 hours ago, mikey2410 said:

Sorry that Will be me. I parked illegally. 

• Haha 3

On 31/07/2023 at 07:38, davidge said:

Another bakery has opened a few doors up from the Continental that has a large display of breads outside but I’ve not tried it yet

It was close to my condo, so i tried it. Not bad, but i still prefer the bread (baguettes) from O Delices, at Jomtien Complex. 

On 02/08/2023 at 07:09, davidge said:

Bought a takeaway sandwich Parisien from Odelice for later

O Delices was my daly shop for my baguettes for breakfast at my condo. At first, staff was not so friendly, specially the ladies, but at the end they turned out to be very kind. And i am very pleased with their french style bread.

Good to know the Continental restaurant is still going as usually my go to restaurant for a bfast or brunch as always good service despite the interior looking bit shabby and not far fr VT2 condo. 
I did notice that there’s a bakery few doors down from there too…as shown here…that was open (and I’ve not been back for 4yrs)…Hope they do wholemeal breads as can only eat them nowadays…but still like a croissant.

Usually have bfast in the condo on the balcony.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I like the Danish bakery/deli Guldbageren, located on Jomtien Soi 7 almost at Second Road. In front of Scandia Beach hotel. I go there for some "wienerbrod" a few times a week when I Jomtien. 

On 05/08/2023 at 21:34, filipef said:

O Delices was my daly shop for my baguettes for breakfast at my condo. At first, staff was not so friendly, specially the ladies, but at the end they turned out to be very kind. And i am very pleased with their french style bread.

I stopped going to O Delices because they were so unfriendly. How did you turn it around? I really couldn't understand what was going on there.

I went to O Delices for their great baguettes every morning I was in Jomtien last Feb-March.  The service was strange.  I concluded that the place was understaffed and the ladies just ignored customers standing there while they attended to back of the house work.  When they actually served you they were reasonably pleasant.  The Western guy in charge saw this several times I was there and didn’t seem to care.

22 hours ago, duke main said:

I stopped going to O Delices because they were so unfriendly. How did you turn it around? I really couldn't understand what was going on there.

As i lived nearby, i went there every morning for their baguettes. I thought the quality was worth the lack of simpathy. I think seeing me there every day, asking almost the same things to buy, they began seeing me as a regular costumer and, step by step, the mood changed. At the end, as i said, they were really friendly. Now i intend to find a good condo also nearby, this October, and, if so, i will keep on buying there the bread for my breakfast.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am after some advice. I have booked a pool villa for Thanksgiving this November with a couple of mates but it will be our first time staying in Jomtien. We usually frequent GG in WS or LK and wonder if there is anything in the area currently that would be anything like the sorts of bars we are used to a bit further north in Pattaya City. 

It might be a case of bringing some girls with us but could be fun to find some in the daytime to bring back for a party in the pool to thank Buddha for all the beautiful Thai girls around.

1 hour ago, JackinHK said:

Hi guys, I am after some advice. I have booked a pool villa for Thanksgiving this November with a couple of mates but it will be our first time staying in Jomtien. We usually frequent GG in WS or LK and wonder if there is anything in the area currently that would be anything like the sorts of bars we are used to a bit further north in Pattaya City. 

It might be a case of bringing some girls with us but could be fun to find some in the daytime to bring back for a party in the pool to thank Buddha for all the beautiful Thai girls around.

There are lots and lots of bars in Jomtien. Whether you’ll find the type of girls you want, I don’t know, but there are plenty around.

There’s one go-go, Viper near VT7. I’ve not been in since the refurbishment and change of name. Kitkat Gentleman’s Club is down the small Soi opposite it.

There are hundreds of beer bars. There are some new ones now on the road toward the beach near VT7, as well as the long running ones. Soi 7 has quite a few bars, though the Beach Rd end is quieter now there’s still plenty along the Soi. Rhompo is still going with bars there. Other bars scattered about right along Jomtien, including Soi 5, Soi Whitehouse, Soi Welcome etc.

I guess the best place to start is Soi 7 & Rhompo and maybe look at those near VT7 and go from there.

I’m not sure where your Villa is, but if it’s inland of second rd (out behind Rhompo etc) then you really need your own transport.

You do need to be slightly aware of neighbours as well. If there are Thais next door who don’t appreciate loud music and sex parties then there can, occasionally, be issues.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

There are lots and lots of bars in Jomtien. Whether you’ll find the type of girls you want, I don’t know, but there are plenty around.

There’s one go-go, Viper near VT7. I’ve not been in since the refurbishment and change of name. Kitkat Gentleman’s Club is down the small Soi opposite it.

There are hundreds of beer bars. There are some new ones now on the road toward the beach near VT7, as well as the long running ones. Soi 7 has quite a few bars, though the Beach Rd end is quieter now there’s still plenty along the Soi. Rhompo is still going with bars there. Other bars scattered about right along Jomtien, including Soi 5, Soi Whitehouse, Soi Welcome etc.

I guess the best place to start is Soi 7 & Rhompo and maybe look at those near VT7 and go from there.

I’m not sure where your Villa is, but if it’s inland of second rd (out behind Rhompo etc) then you really need your own transport.

You do need to be slightly aware of neighbours as well. If there are Thais next door who don’t appreciate loud music and sex parties then there can, occasionally, be issues.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions, I really appreciate it. The villa is on Jomtien second road soi 7 so hopefully not too far from the action but worse case we can get a grab or something.

We'll definitely consider neighbours as don't want to piss anyone off, as far as I know the villas around ours are short term rentals so hopefully it will be OK.

Thanks again 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, JackinHK said:

Thanks for the advice and suggestions, I really appreciate it. The villa is on Jomtien second road soi 7 so hopefully not too far from the action but worse case we can get a grab or something.

We'll definitely consider neighbours as don't want to piss anyone off, as far as I know the villas around ours are short term rentals so hopefully it will be OK.

Thanks again 🙏🏽

Hope you have good time. I’m not aware of any holiday villas on Soi 7, though there is a residential ‘village’ quite close. A friend rented a villa just before Covid and thought it was on Second Road near Soi 7 but it turned out it was the rental office that was there and the villas were down behind Rhompo :WhoSaw1:I think it was Palm Oasis?

There’s been more development since then and there is a large, newish villa development (Serenity) but again behind Rhompo - though not as far off the main road as the one my friend rented.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Hope you have good time. I’m not aware of any holiday villas on Soi 7, though there is a residential ‘village’ quite close. A friend rented a villa just before Covid and thought it was on Second Road near Soi 7 but it turned out it was the rental office that was there and the villas were down behind Rhompo :WhoSaw1:I think it was Palm Oasis?

There’s been more development since then and there is a large, newish villa development (Serenity) but again behind Rhompo - though not as far off the main road as the one my friend rented.

It's called Tropicana Pool Villa if that helps at all? Looking at Google maps it says it's just off Second road but the street name says 'Thanon Second'.

Either way, I'm sure we'll have a great time and we are only there for one night as we are at Page 10 for the rest of the trip. Just wanted to do something different for thanksgiving.