IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

A slice of tinned beetroot is an essential ingredient in any burger - everyone knows that!

(I draw the line at pineapple though).

Anyone that eats beetroot on a burger has no place talking about food of any sort.

That's just wrong wrong wrong.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously don't know the right places to eat then.

There are loads of amazing roast dinners to be had in Patts.

Been to most of them mentioned on here,some are good but not no where like you get in England

A slice of tinned beetroot is an essential ingredient in any burger - everyone knows that!

yorshire pudding is the cornerstone of any roast beef dinner. Beet root on a hamburger, WTF! Next thing ou know you ozzies with be putting on a fried egg as well! 5555555

Been to most of them mentioned on here,some are good but not no where like you get in England

Nickys

Voodoo

Robins nest

All as good and better than any Sunday roast in England.

All you need is one but there are 3.

:)

Nickys

Voodoo

Robins nest

Not been in voodoo but a toby carvery is alot better than the other two.Sunday roasts in Thailand are just not the same in 99% of the places.Do i still enjoy a roast in robins nest?yes i do but still isn't quite there for me

Not been in voodoo but a toby carvery is alot better than the other two.Sunday roasts in Thailand are just not the same in 99% of the places.Do i still enjoy a roast in robins nest?yes i do but still isn't quite there for me

Get your ass to voodoo mate

I had some great burgers last month down there.

Missed the beetroot on my burgers.Nabiac cafe,right on the highway.Great fucking burger.

Without going to off topic i think one of the reasons for the food tasting different is the oil they use,correct me if I'm wrong but they use a different oil?

Ok so the great potato debate brings me to the conclusion it is totally cultural.

In the USA, anyone ordering "fries" with a good piece of prime beef would be asked to leave the restaurant (in NYC, LA, Chicago, etc) or at least asked to move to the kiddie table.

But, in other English speaking places, it would be considered appropriate, even preferred.  Which I guess explains why they serve it that way in Pattaya.

Thanks for the input guys, I was genuinely curious.

Cheers, Alex

Ok so the great potato debate brings me to the conclusion it is totally cultural.

In the USA, anyone ordering "fries" with a good piece of prime beef would be asked to leave the restaurant (in NYC, LA, Chicago, etc) or at least asked to move to the kiddie table.

Nonsense

But, in other English speaking places, it would be considered appropriate, even preferred. Which I guess explains why they serve it that way in Pattaya.

Thanks for the input guys, I was genuinely curious.

Cheers, Alex

Absolute bullshit

I have eaten all round the world including the States and had fries offered and have asked for them everywhere no problem.

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/keens?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.keens.com%2F#2877

Keens restaurant is one of the highest rated in NYC.

Check out the side dishes on the menu.

Honestly where did u get your info because it's just wrong.

Nickys

Voodoo

Robins nest

You can not have eaten a Sunday roast at Robins Nest for a good 12months if you rate Robins nest in your top 3

Since Robins Nest was taken over by the sportsman crew the quality has gone to the dogs same as jollys

Nicky's is still spot on

Diceys next to the Marriott is the best Sunday roast dinner at the moment In Patts at a reasonable price

You can not have eaten a Sunday roast at Robins Nest for a good 12months if you rate Robins nest in your top 3

Since Robins Nest was taken over by the sportsman crew the quality has gone to the dogs same as jollys

Nicky's is still spot on

Diceys next to the Marriott is the best Sunday roast dinner at the moment In Patts at a reasonable price

Ah well

Two out of three ain't bad :) and I never said they were my top 3.

... Diceys next to the Marriott is the best Sunday roast dinner at the moment In Patts at a reasonable price ...

.. how about it, men .. who is serving up best in class Sunday roast, even at an unreasonable price?

.. foodies in residence nixonsbest? .. evil_penevil? .. you guys covering the massive cardiac arrest beat?

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

.. how about it, men .. who is serving up best in class Sunday roast, even at an unreasonable price?

.. foodies in residence nixonsbest? .. evil_penevil? .. you guys covering the massive cardiac arrest beat?

Voodoo

The players Lounge does a great Sundee roast.Its a bit of a drive but worth it.

Hi China Garden,

Thanks for coming to the thread and I will certainly eat with you next time I am in town.

Some guys need to give China Garden a break, we get an owner who responds to feedback and takes the time to post and some guys just seem to want to brow beat him to death.

Hi China Garden,

Thanks for coming to the thread and I will certainly eat with you next time I am in town.

Some guys need to give China Garden a break, we get an owner who responds to feedback and takes the time to post and some guys just seem to want to grow beat him.

Fair play they post and answer questions but it can't mean that people can't give there honest feedback(positive or negative).The owner seems like he is a experienced business man so I'm sure he is not surprised by any of this

Fair play they post and answer questions but it can't mean that people can't give there honest feedback(positive or negative).The owner seems like he is a experienced business man so I'm sure he is not surprised by any of this

And don't forget it took 2 months for a reply about the faketatos.

And don't forget it took 2 months for a reply about the faketatos.

And you've never even eaten there.

hmmm...#1 steakhouse in USA, no FRENCH fries...but I will look further...Bern's Steakhouse, Tampa Florida.

Steak House Baked Potato

• $4.95

Twice Baked Potato

• $5.95
  • With Entree $1.95

Hawaiian Red Salt Baked Okinawan Sweet Potato

• (when available) Candied ginger, macadamia butter.
  • $9.95

Pommes Frites

• $7.95

Crisp Hash Browns

• $8.95

Garlic Fried Potatoes

• $8.95

Truffled Fried Potatoes

• $10.95

Garlic Chive Mashed Potatoes

• $6.95

Gibson's in chicago...still no fries...hmmm,

SIDE DISHES

Double Baked Potato - 9.75

Baked Potato - 7.25

Baked Sweet Potato - 7.25

Mashed Potatoes - 7.75

Blue Cheese Scalloped Potato - 9.50

Roasted Cauliflower Gruyere - 11.75

Vegetable Combination - 11.25

Sautéed Spinach & Mushrooms with Garlic - 12.75 
Small Order - 7.75

Sautéed Spinach with EVOO & Garlic - 12.25

Sautéed Spinach & Broccoli with EVOO & Garlic - 11.25

Creamed Spinach - 8.75

Broccoli - 7.75

Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce - 10.75

Mushrooms - 7.75

Smith & Wollensky, NYC...nope.

Capital Grille, Washington DC...lets see, nope.

• Au Gratin Potatoes 

Hearty slices layered with a blend of cheeses. Not to be missed.

• Creamed Sweet Corn and Bacon 

Seasonal sweet corn sautéed with bacon and finished with cream.

• French Beans with Heirloom Tomatoes 

Crisp baby green beans sautéed with fresh, flavorful ingredients.

• Fresh Creamed Spinach 

Blended with a béchamel sauce for extra creaminess.

• Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Mosto 

Lightly grilled, drizzled with lemon and sprinkled with rare fleur de sel

• Lobster Mac 'N' Cheese 

As magnificent as it sounds.

• Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Bacon 

Roasted sprouts and Neuskis slab bacon, finished with grated grana padano and aged sherry vinegar.

• Roasted Wild Mushrooms 

Beautifully seasoned and hearty enough to accompany any steak.

• Sam's Mashed Potatoes 

Red Bliss potatoes, sweet cream, butter and salt. As delicious as it sounds.

• White Cheddar and Bacon Twice-Baked Potato 

Salt crusted potatoes slowly baked and stuffed with chives, aged white cheddar, mascarpone cheese, Grana Padano and crisp bacon, topped with toasted bread crumbs.

All this menu reading is making me powerful hungry...time to go to dinner, later boys.   I will be ordering single malt scotch, Ribeye steak med-rare with an aged balsamic , sautéed mushrooms, whipped garlic potatoes with truffle oil, asparagus with hollandaise, and bananas Foster for dessert.

Cheers, Alex

Archived