IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

I just been in Pattaya for 14 days at my 2. trip. You can read about my TR here

Give me a steak, peppersauce, fries with a beer or Coke and i am a happy man.

During my vacation i had my steak dinner at Patrick's / Steak & Co / Beefeater. You can not go wrong with any of them if you ask me. Every dinner i had was almost the same. It all depends on what they call it on the menu.

- Tenderloin / Filet Mignon / Peppersteak

- Peppersauce

- French Fries

Patrick's Steakhouse:

Patrick's homepage

Patrick's at Tripadvisor

Patrick's at Facebook

Patrick's was my favorite from my first trip to Pattaya last september. This time i had dinner at Patrick's 3 times during my 14 days vacation. And i did not get dissapointed!

Patrick's are solid, you get what you order.

Dinnertime

P1080517.jpg

Icecream with fruits

IMG_1436.jpg

Patrick's have a great selection on beers. If you want something different then "Singha" have a dinner at Patrick's and taste some of the imported beers they got. My favorite are Leffe Blond

P1080707.jpg

Steak & Co:

Steak & Co homepage

Steak & Co on Tripadvisor

Steak & Co on Facebook

P1080726.jpg

P1080722.jpg

During my vacation, i had dinner at Steak & Co 3 times. I went here because of the thread here at PA about them. I just wanted to check them out. And it is just a short walk (3-5minutes) from LK Metro.

Dinnertime. Very good. My steaks was great. And i had dinner here 3 times during my vacation

P1080724.jpg

Fries with a nice touch. It was nice to get it this way. Its something else

P1080725.jpg

Dessert, was a BIG dissapointment. This should be removed from the meny. Tasteless and boring.

P1080780.jpg

Beefeater Steakhouse:

Beefeater homepage

Beefeater on Tripadvisor

Beefeater on Facebook

P1080747.jpg

I had dinner at Beefeater 6 times during this trip in Pattaya. Do i need to say i am pleased with the place?

Some snacks they give you before dinner

P1080742.jpg

Dinnertime again with a great peppersauce

P1080744.jpg

Strawberry icecream with fresh fruits.

P1080859.jpg

Need a coffee

P1080807.jpg

So which one are NO #1?

Steak:

1.place: Beefeater and Steak & Co

3.place: Patrick's

Peppersauce:

1.place: Beefeater

2.place: Steak & Co

3.place: Patrick's

Dessert:

2.place: Patrick's

xxxxxx: Steak & Co, this should be removed from meny 

Beer:

1.place: Patrick's

Staff:

1.place: All of them, i have nothing bad to say about any of them. They was equal in my mind.

Interior:

1.place: Steak & Co

2.place: Beefeater

3.place: Patrick's, they should start thinking about refurbishment of the place, or am i just very picky?

Overall winner: 

2.place: Steak & Co

3.place: Patricks

Like i said in the beginning, you will not go wrong in any of this places. At least i have not!

For my next trip, do anyone of you guy's have a different suggestions for a good steak in Pattaya?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great review matey!

Will have to try and stop by the top two when I am next in town!

Bill

Belgian beers are the best! Who cares about chocolate ..... Or Heineken :-)

Great reviews !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"For my next trip, do anyone of you guy's have a different suggestions for a good steak in Pattaya?"

I have read good reviews about the steak at "MY Way Holland Restaurant" I think it is located next to Patrick's!

On a side note, I think if they got rid of those tailor and massage shops and put in more fine dinning restaurants, that arcade would make a great hub for eating!

I agree with the Beefeater fillet with pepper sauce, must have had this dish 10 times and it's consistently well done, takes a good chef to get it perfect every time, the pepper sauce is just bang on.

the only place to reach this standard that i tried, and maybe slightly better it, cafe De amis. Prices are higher than Beefeater, but can that chef cook well, steaks and everything else in between are just fantastic, the only place to show real flair and imagination in its desserts too. Its definitely the number 1 restaurant in my opinion.

Very nice review pej, appreciate your effort in enriching the post with photos.

I'd second Beefeater as winner out of this list, their Tournedo plate is irresistible (steak rolled with bacon), also their creme brulee is one of the best deserts I had in patts.

Though I place Patrick's as second, steak & co serve perfect steaks, but their side dishes and deserts are average (I used average because I love the place otherwise I'd have used poor), definitely they've the best interior hands down.

Patrick's steaks are very good, yet their sides are superb, let alone the fondues and extended drinks selection.

To nixonbest; you may try sizzler, they've branches at central festival and royal plaza so you won't get the hassle of tailors, they have a perfect salad bar as well as good steaks.

I think if they got rid of those tailor and massage shops and put in more fine dinning restaurants, that arcade would make a great hub for eating!

That is a great idea!

the only place to reach this standard that i tried, and maybe slightly better it, cafe De amis.

Thank you for that tips, i will have a look next time in Pattaya

Belgian beers are the best! Who cares about chocolate ..... Or Heineken :-)

Heineken? Are you trolling yourself now? ;)

But yeah, three cheers for belgian beers! (Would you like fries with that?)

Heineken? Are you trolling yourself now? ;)

But yeah, three cheers for belgian beers! (Would you like fries with that?)

With mayonaise !!!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice review pej, appreciate your effort in enriching the post with photos.

I'd second beefeater as winner out of this list, their Tournedo plate is irresistible (steak rolled with bacon), also their creme brulee is one of the best deserts I had in patts.

Though I place Patrick's as second, steak & co serve perfect steaks, but their side dishes and deserts are average (I used average because I love the place otherwise I'd have used poor), definitely they've the best interior hands down.

Patrick's steaks are very good, yet their sides are superb, let alone the fondues and extended drinks selection.

To nixonbest; you may try sizzler, they've branches at central festival and royal plaza so you won't get the hassle of tailors, they have a perfect salad bar as well as good steaks.

My statement had nothing to do with getting hassled by the tailors!  I just think that arcade would make are great dinning hub, throw in another 24hr restaurant, places that open for breakfast etc, it is in a great location and would create more competition! 

My statement had nothing to do with getting hassled by the tailors! I just think that arcade would make are great dinning hub, throw in another 24hr restaurant, places that open for breakfast etc, it is in a great location and would create more competition!

Oh sorry I thought you've the same pain of getting hassled by tailors every single day while walking that arcade, moreover the street vendors made the outside area restricted for me.

On a separate note; I think we should give the legendary kiss food a try since its near bf & patrick, they serve a 160 baht steak as I read in their sign, never tried it so I'm not sure where they get their beef from 555

Belgian beers are the best! Who cares about chocolate .....

Belgium have some really nice chocolate too. I love the Guylian

Yes, thats a good point. And Patrick's and Steak & Co are very, very close

not to sound like a cheap charlie, but how much do these places charge?

Price from Steak & Co

Deppends on how much you drink to dinner.

For me, i do not have any starters (usally) Peppersteak for dinner and a dessert. With 2-3 beers and a coffee

I would say a dinner that i eat is about:  900 - 1150BHT

Great foodie thread.

................................................................................................................

Great reviews and photos -- thanks!  

I kept meaning to get by at least one of these places, but failed in my last trip.  

At the opposite end of the spectrum, did I read this correct: you had steak 12 times in 14 days?!?

For the price I don't think you can beat The Golf Club steak nights.

The ribs are really good and the pork chop is the best deal

In town.

Been to BE and S and Co but not Patrick's.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, did I read this correct: you had steak 12 times in 14 days?!?

Yes, thats correct. I was sick for 2 days :LOL2:

I like to have a nice dinner when i am on vacation.

For the price I don't think you can beat The Golf Club steak nights.

The Golf Club, is that the one in LK Metro you think about?

If you are still there try My Way, which is a Dutch owned steak house. Half the price of Beefeater and Steak and Co and just as nice. If you do go order the Home Fries with your steak. Beautiful home cut and fried fries/chips...it is right across from Beefeater.

.. good stuff here guys .. I would like a bit more Intel on the beef source itself.

.. for me, the gold standard is Certified Angus beef .. USDA Certified prime (yeah, yeah .. American .. let's keep moving) .. grass fed (raised, and finished) .. aged (wet, or dry) .. but, most importantly, never frozen.

.. beef lovers looking for truly quality steaks cannot get there unless they start with high quality cuts .. and, at this level of dining, these cuts are always expensive .. always .. (Sizzler, Outback are a wholly different league).

.. sure, Miyazaki, Kobe and Wagayu beefs are all great steaks, but to me they are almost mutants .. beef that tastes like butter .. an overpriced treat, but not mainline steak dining for me.

.. can anyone report on the cuts served at the above steakhouses?

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

.. good stuff here guys .. I would like a bit more Intel on the beef source itself.

.. for me, the gold standard is Certified Angus beef .. USDA Certified prime (yeah, yeah .. American .. let's keep moving) .. grass fed (raised, and finished) .. aged (wet, or dry) .. but, most importantly, never frozen.

.. beef lovers looking for truly quality steaks cannot get there unless they start with high quality cuts .. and, at this level of dining, these cuts are always expensive .. always .. (Sizzler, Outback are a wholly different league).

.. sure, Miyazaki, Kobe and Wagayu beefs are all great steaks, but to me they are almost mutants .. beef that tastes like butter .. an overpriced treat, but not mainline steak dining for me.

.. can anyone report on the cuts served at the above steakhouses?

IMHO Beefeaters steaks are frozen! You can tell by the texture and taste. 

I like Patrick's and Patrick is a good host.

I used to love Patrick's lamb shanks but he took them off the menu due to low demand. Damn you non-shank-eating muthafuckers!

Archived