Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

Surprised as you made you way through the Diana arcade you did not check out Big Horn. 

I did see the place, very few customers when i walked by. After i read about them on Tripadvisor i just got a bad feeling, and did not want to go there. That maybe wrong of me.... But it was what i felt.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.. good stuff here guys .. I would like a bit more Intel on the beef source itself.

.. for me, the gold standard is Certified Angus beef .. USDA Certified prime (yeah, yeah .. American .. let's keep moving) .. grass fed (raised, and finished) .. aged (wet, or dry) .. but, most importantly, never frozen.

.. beef lovers looking for truly quality steaks cannot get there unless they start with high quality cuts .. and, at this level of dining, these cuts are always expensive .. always .. (Sizzler, Outback are a wholly different league).

.. sure, Miyazaki, Kobe and Wagayu beefs are all great steaks, but to me they are almost mutants .. beef that tastes like butter .. an overpriced treat, but not mainline steak dining for me.

.. can anyone report on the cuts served at the above steakhouses?

IMHO Beefeaters steaks are frozen! You can tell by the texture and taste. 

.. thanks, nixonsbest. .. based on your informed opinion, I scratch Beefeaters from my Pattaya premium steak list .. good, okay .. sure .. but, not truly premium.

.. so, I am still looking to fill-in that gap in my resource list.

.. any more help here, men? .. any reliable intel on whether frozen, or non-frozen steaks are served at Patrick's and Steak & Company?

.. at the price points we are talking here, these guys should be serving non-frozen, aged high-quality cuts .. at these price points, several BKK steak joints serve truly premium steaks (as I define them, above).

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I did see the place, very few customers when i walked by. After i read about them on Tripadvisor i just got a bad feeling, and did not want to go there. That maybe wrong of me.... But it was what i felt.

Just goes to show you can't always believe everything you read on the internet, i have had some great steaks there. Food though is a very objective thing, we all have different tastes but i would recommend Big Horn

Its been very noticeable recently, that Big Horn Steakhouse is struggling for customers compared to competition nearby.

Gave up trying to find a good steak and learned how to do it at home not cheap imported from US or OZ. My home in bkk.

por_shwin_2014-06-30_02-30-51.jpg

por_shwin_2014-06-22_01-00-44.jpg

por_shwin_2013-02-11_03-09-41.jpg

Great Review - In the past I always went to Beefeater ... Lazy me!!! Steak & Co looks good, will try on my next visit...

PS... Irish Beef, The Best in the World... only EU country exporting to both the U.S.A. & China... Hmm just walk mine through the Kitchen

"Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!"

Great Review - In the past I always went to Beefeater ... Lazy me!!! Steak & Co looks good, will try on my next visit...

PS... Irish Beef, The Best in the World... only EU country

exporting to both the U.S.A. & China... Hmm just walk mine through the Kitchen

Australian beef Is a lot better than Irish beef.

Nah never lad,spent me first 24 years on this planet there but never had any of the beef.

The meat I like best in Ireland is lamb. Beef, well, sure there's nothing wrong with it, but it's usually just same-same cow you could find anywhere.

The meat I like best in Ireland is lamb. Beef, well, sure there's nothing wrong with it, but it's usually just same-same cow you could find anywhere.

We are the 5th biggest exporter in the world of quality beef. For a small country that speaks volumes. Did u get your beef from Moore street or a decent butcher because it is way beyond same same.

Lamb is awesome too though.

We are the 5th biggest exporter in the world of quality beef. For a small country that speaks volumes. Did u get your beef from Moore street or a decent butcher because it is way beyond same same.

Lamb is awesome too though.

They must be exporting all the best stuff so because in my opinion beef at home isn't all that.

They must be exporting all the best stuff so because in my opinion beef at home isn't all that.

You said Irish beef wasn't all that. It's irrelevant whether you have eaten the good stuff or whether it's all being exported the fact remains that it's top shelf beef.

You need to eat some of the premium stuff before u can make a broad statement like "Australian is better"

If your going to have an opinion at least make it an informed one. ;)

We get lots of Irish beef imported here (which of course means it's exported from Ireland). But it's totally plain, nothing special about it. And if I go to Ireland, it's the same plain beef, really.

Go for the sheep, I say!

You said Irish beef wasn't all that. It's irrelevant whether you have eaten the good stuff or whether it's all being exported the fact remains that it's top shelf beef.

You need to eat some of the premium stuff before u can make a broad statement like "Australian is better"

If your going to have an opinion at least make it an informed one. ;)

Ive eaten premium irish beef.

I've eaten premium Australian beef.

So I have tried both products and that is how I formed my opinion.

How could I get an any more informed opinion.

I'm well aware of the ins and outs of beef production and exportation of beef in Ireland...I was rared on a farm that kept over 100 head of cattle and that has recently nearly doubled in size.

It still dosent change my opinion that Australian beef is nicer too eat.

We get lots of Irish beef imported here (which of course means it's exported from Ireland). But it's totally plain, nothing special about it. And if I go to Ireland, it's the same plain beef, really.

Go for the sheep, I say!

Like I said already, your obviously not buying the good stuff.

With regard to the sheep, I prefer women 555

Ive eaten premium irish beef.

I've eaten premium Australian beef.

So I have tried both products and that is how I formed my opinion.

How could I get an any more informed opinion.

I'm well aware of the ins and outs of beef production and exportation of beef in Ireland...I was rared on a farm that kept over 100 head of cattle and that has recently nearly doubled in size.

It still dosent change my opinion that Australian beef is nicer too eat.

So say "in your opinion" don't say it is better.

;)

So say "in your opinion" don't say it is better.

;)

No worries.

Were gone way off track on this thread anyway.

Have a good day sir.

No worries.

Were gone way off track on this thread anyway.

Have a good day sir.

Guess who thinks he cooks the best steak in the world? :Think1:

A good steak is a good steak no matter where it comes from

I dont believe anyone can tell where a good steak has come from

Other than maybe japan

Uk,US, Aussie, Irish, Scottish, Argie. all the same

Style of cooking,type of butter,storage will all have more influence

Guess who thinks he cooks the best steak in the world? :Think1:

.. this is just the sort of banter I would expect on such an important subject .. it is universal, BBQ is .. reaches us from deep down, right to our primitive roots .. and every culture the world over has BBQ in its DNA.

.. great steaks is the modern-day adjunct to the great BBQ debate .. back home, if you want to start a spirited argument, you throw down your opinion on religion, politics, football .. or, BBQ! .. and then, brace.

.. hey, as anyone who knows me knows, I am the last person to stir-up a shit storm with trash talk .. but .. but .. I think it safe to say that anyone who knows great steaks knows very well that Irish steaks are only distantly bovine-ish .. we know it as mule meat (to the Irish, "great steaks"), cooked over burning truck tires.

[.. now bracing]

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

.. this is just the sort of banter I would expect on such an important subject .. it is universal, BBQ is .. reaches us from deep down, right to our primitive roots .. and every culture the world over has BBQ in its DNA.

.. great steaks is the modern-day adjunct to the great BBQ debate .. back home, if you want to start a spirited argument, you throw down your opinion on religion, politics, football .. or, BBQ! .. and then, brace.

.. hey, as anyone who knows me knows, I am the last person to stir-up a shit storm with trash talk .. but .. but .. I think it safe to say that anyone who knows great steaks knows very well that Irish steaks are only distantly bovine-ish .. we know it as mule meat (to the Irish, "great steaks"), cooked over burning truck tires.

[.. now bracing]

Meh

Zzzzz

Steak nah give me a home made cheese and onion pie mashed potatoes and mushy peas/gravy  any day of the week......and no I,m not a veggie :GoldenSmile1:

Archived