Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

I gave you my opinion why *your* restaurant is less successful than it should be. Nothing you have said has changed that opinion. I think S&C needs someone who knows how to assure only great-tasting food gets out of the kitchen--no excuses made.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave you my opinion why *your* restaurant is less successful than it should be. Nothing you have said has changed that opinion. I think S&C needs someone who knows how to assure only great-tasting food gets out of the kitchen--no excuses made.

Many of our customers already think the food standards at Steak & Co are exceptionally high, there is always room for improvement and that's the way it should be.

Rather then continue to dilute this thread further I am going to focus on my business... Thank you for posting your thoughts

So what

Your point being?

My point being it doesn't matter about the specific term fine dining or not. 

At a place with 99 baht steak you don't expect much.

At this places price levels, sorry they are far from low for Thailand, you assume they will be offering actually cooked food, and if they don't, you have every right to be very displeased.

If I were the owner, I would post here an offer to all who have had the instant potatoes a free appetizer or dessert if they make that known, as an apology.

Sure  businesses makes mistakes and then they can fix them. That's great. But it was a  mistake and no excuse for it. 

You see when customers or potential customers learn about that cheap tactic, unfortunately it does call into question the integrity of the entire operation.

What else on their menu isn't real? Not saying anything is but am saying doubt is raised. 

My point being it doesn't matter about the specific term fine dining or not. 

At a place with 99 baht steak you don't expect much.

At this places price levels, sorry they are far from low for Thailand, you assume they will be offering actually cooked food, and if they don't, you have every right to be very displeased.

If I were the owner, I would post here an offer to all who have had the instant potatoes a free appetizer or dessert if they make that known, as an apology.

Sure  businesses makes mistakes and then they can fix them. That's great. But it was a  mistake and no excuse for it. 

You see when customers or potential customers learn about that cheap tactic, unfortunately it does call into question the integrity of the entire operation.

What else on their menu isn't real? Not saying anything is but am saying doubt is raised. 

I do not accept we made mistakes, I do not accept you calling into question our integrity, we are not making any excuses for using Potato Pearls. The fact is Pearl potatoes (Imported Idaho potatoes pearls) are more expensive then "real Thai potatoes", boiling a potato and mashing it hardly requires culinary school !

We used a more expensive rehydrated product to give a more consistent end result, 99% of our customer NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, suddenly its posted on this forum and its a HUGE issue...... Sorry if you feel we tried  "cheating you" by finding a more consistent alternative but it simply was not the case.

We are now using cheaper local potatoes, end of story. 

I am leaving this discussion.

Just deleted a response to the owner.

It's not worth any more of my bother. 

1# I personally would never think of ordering french fries with steak.  A hamburger n fries sure, totally marriage in heaven.  

2# I have always thought of a steak as something upscale, special, or a "treat"...deserving of an equally special starch...a whipped/mashed potato (with truffle oil, garlic, butter, cream, etc) piped onto the plate in an artful way....or a baked/baked-stuffed potato topped with sour cream and chives...or as some of you have said, au gratin potatoes.  

1: For me its only fries

2: I could order a baked potatoe, but NEVER mash or gratin. I just hate it. 

A little story, i love to watch Gordon Ramsey (Hells Kitchen) and he got 2 places in Las Vegas, i was in LV 2013 and 2014 and wanted to go there and eat. But i found out he just served mash... I did not go, i went elsewhere... Its just my thing, i do not like it. I want my fries ;)

I hope the reviews of all three restaurant continue to be posted.

I hope to, or other restaurants with steaks

What a goofy turn this thread has taken.

I had the potatoes at the beginning of March, they could have been the instant perhaps, I don't know, but they were fine.

Relax guys, this restaurant is great, if you don't like the mashed potatoes get fries or baked. 

The owner has responded to valid input and made improvements in the first 8 months since opening, no need to go all weird on him guys.

Ian, the majority of folks are totally satisfied when leaving your place, and you're doing a good job!

Why do Brits serve mash along side roast potatoes with a Sunday roast? It is wrong on so many levels!... :GoldenSmile1:

Mate it's the only way to have a Sunday roast.

Roast for crispy crunchiness and mash to soak up the gravy.

It's roast 101 :)

I know us English haven't the best food reputation around the world but a Sunday roast is divine

Would u eat bread with Sunday roast ?

Depends if its brown or white/with or without butter/toast is good if there,s plenty of gravy..........up to you :LOL2:

Mate it's the only way to have a Sunday roast.

Roast for crispy crunchiness and mash to soak up the gravy.

It's roast 101 :)

Why is the roast served floating in gravy?

Definitely roasts should never have bread and no dish should you have potatoes and potatoes.

Regarding the gravy it's more of a personal choice as some people like none others like loads and some like the gravy thick and others think.I find alot of people like to make and pour there own gravy,and i like mine thick

No way

So you never have stuffing with your turkey ??

You cray cray 555

Love lots of gravy as do lots of forum members :)

Definitely roasts should never have bread and no dish should you have potatoes and potatoes.

Regarding the gravy it's more of a personal choice as some people like none others like loads and some like the gravy thick and others think.I find alot of people like to make and pour there own gravy,and i like mine thick

Bread in stuffing and in bread sauce.

No roast complete without stuffing :)

So you never have stuffing with your turkey ??

You cray cray 555

Love lots of gravy as do lots of forum members :)

Bread in stuffing and in bread sauce.

No roast complete without stuffing :)

And we was talking about mash and roast potatoes together

The English roast dinner is a crime against good taste - especially those served in Pattaya - and what the fuck are Yorshire puddings even meant to be?

The English roast dinner is a crime against good taste - especially those served in Pattaya - and what the fuck are Yorshire puddings even meant to be?

I agree with the Shit roast dinners in pattaya but for me a good roast dinner is one of my favourite meals and i also love yorkshire puddings.

Just stick to your burgers with beetroot

Just stick to your burgers with beetroot

A slice of tinned beetroot is an essential ingredient in any burger - everyone knows that!

(I draw the line at pineapple though).

It's the only thing ever,to be exported from Yorkshire?

And we was talking about mash and roast potatoes together

Yes we were and they are awesome.

You obviously don't know the right places to eat then.

There are loads of amazing roast dinners to be had in Patts.

Archived