Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

I will try Steak and Company soon.  I haven't tried Beafeaters not sure if I should.  I went there once and had the Mexican Buffet it was absolutely terrible with soggy chips and little attention to detail so I am a bit apprehensive about trying their steaks.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i ate at steak & co several times and enjoyed each meal . i did read about the potatoes over the last few months and have wondered if they are from real potatoes . i would still appreciate a solid answer   :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

I will try Steak and Company soon.  I haven't tried Beafeaters not sure if I should.  I went there once and had the Mexican Buffet it was absolutely terrible with soggy chips and little attention to detail so I am a bit apprehensive about trying their steaks.

Your probably on a safer bet with the steak than the Mexican buffet at a steakhouse.

i really like the Beefeater..

Shrimp salad, planked steak and glass of wine ...1000baht :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I have eaten the Mexican buffet at beefeaters many times

All always top notch

Good value for money

Not one of the most popular restaurants in Patts for nothing

The last time last weekend

The buffet does not even inc chips

I agree pheat the Mexican buffet at beefeaters is top notch

There is never any chips with the buffet

I prefer beefeaters to Patrick's for steaks, I thought the steak at Patrick's pretty tasteless

Never been to steak&co so can't comment but heard mixed reviews

Great review and will try the other two.

But for me Patrick's is the best. My first meal will be there no doubt about it.

Knows his beers as well.

Great treat.

I agree pheat the Mexican buffet at beefeaters is top notch

There is never any chips with the buffet

I have eaten the Mexican buffet at beefeaters many times

All always top notch

Good value for money

Not one of the most popular restaurants in Patts for nothing

The last time last weekend

The buffet does not even inc chips

The buffet includes *tortilla* chips (as well as taco shells). I think that's where the confusion is.

I've eaten there many times--it's top notch and I've never seen a soggy tortilla chip there (I use them to scoop up their lovely chili).

Good clarification, expatdude!  

I was thinking "HOW can there be no chips at a Mexican food buffet?!?  That'd be like no rice at a Chinese buffet!"  Never considered the alternate meaning of "chips" to a vast majority of BMs ("fries" to my fellow American BMs) 

I haven't been to Beefeater for their Mexican buffet yet, but my favorite use of tortilla chips is to scoop some beans, rice and chili -- like little individual nachos!

i ate at steak & co several times and enjoyed each meal . i did read about the potatoes over the last few months and have wondered if they are from real potatoes . i would still appreciate a solid answer   :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Steak & co. are using "real potatoes" after the feedback received,  thank you. 

Hi Ian good to see you back. I have been a supporter of steak & co but your response to this question indicates you were not using real potatoes at some stage. Tbh that is really disappointing, but glad you have decided to change for the better.

Have enjoyed my meals at S&C, and am not a mash fan anyway so never order it!

Speaks volumes about the BM tastes who swore black and blue that they where real potatoes....

Hi Ian good to see you back. I have been a supporter of steak & co but your response to this question indicates you were not using real potatoes at some stage. Tbh that is really disappointing, but glad you have decided to change for the better.

Have enjoyed my meals at S&C, and am not a mash fan anyway so never order it!

Real spuds are very very very expensive in Thailand

Would cost S&C at least 15 Baht a portion if using real studs

Okay was in Steak and Company last week had the ribeye steak.  I would rate it about a 7 at best on the 10 point scale.  The beef was good but not great like beef I have had in Canada or the U.S.  The sides were okay but to be quite honest the potatoes at KFC are actually better.  Mushroom sause was good.  Bread was okay nothing spectacular there.  One can get a better steak in the west for a price that is comparable.

As per the environment I really don't understand what they are doing.  Why not hire an interior decorator as a consultant when doing these projects but owners always think they know best at times.  The furniture was fine but the lighting sucked far too bright for a steak house of this claim plus dump the screens.  Do you want to sell beer at a sporting event or premium steaks?  There is good artwork in Thailand but I did not see it on the walls here.

I would have to say the steak at Patricks was actually better.  I will have to give S and C another try.

As far as Pattaya steak houses go it is fine but not outstanding.  I don't believe it lives up to all the hype.  And no whining please if an owner posts asking for honest feedback he must be prepared to receive it.

Speaks volumes about the BM tastes who swore black and blue that they where real potatoes....

However, Spudgate can now be consigned to the history books. I can't wait for the miniseries!

good news and thanks for the clarification . 

please expand on this , as i ate there on a number of occasions both in september and end of feb. when did you start using real potatoes ???? :Think1:

Real spuds are very very very expensive in Thailand

Would cost S&C at least 15 Baht a portion if using real studs

Plenty of other places in Pattaya, charging far less than Steak & Co. manage.

Plenty of other places in Pattaya, charging far less than Steak & Co. manage.

Didn't you notice he was using the sarcasm font?

Okay was in Steak and Company last week had the ribeye steak.  I would rate it about a 7 at best on the 10 point scale.  The beef was good but not great like beef I have had in Canada or the U.S.  The sides were okay but to be quite honest the potatoes at KFC are actually better.  Mushroom sause was good.  Bread was okay nothing spectacular there.  One can get a better steak in the west for a price that is comparable.

As per the environment I really don't understand what they are doing.  Why not hire an interior decorator as a consultant when doing these projects but owners always think they know best at times.  The furniture was fine but the lighting sucked far too bright for a steak house of this claim plus dump the screens.  Do you want to sell beer at a sporting event or premium steaks?  There is good artwork in Thailand but I did not see it on the walls here.

I would have to say the steak at Patricks was actually better.  I will have to give S and C another try.

As far as Pattaya steak houses go it is fine but not outstanding.  I don't believe it lives up to all the hype.  And no whining please if an owner posts asking for honest feedback he must be prepared to receive it.

The sports TV's are going ! They will be replaced with new pictures, it should be in the next 2-3 weeks. The lighting will be dimmed a little with lower output LED bulb's again in the next 2-3 weeks, thanks for dinning at Steak & Co.

good news and thanks for the clarification . 

please expand on this , as i ate there on a number of occasions both in september and end of feb. when did you start using real potatoes ???? :Think1:

We used real potatoes when we first opened then changed to rehydrated mashed potato, after "Potatogate" and the stream of feedback we changed back to real potatoes in March. There may have been occasions in-between when the rehydrated mash was unavailable, it was nothing at all to do with cost.

From now on we will only be using real potatoes ... thats a promise!  I bought Chef a "Mouli" with a 1mm sieve to ensure no lumps :GoldenSmile1:   

mouli.jpg

Ian, how long have you been using real spuds?

Around 6 weeks ago 

There never should have been a "potatogate" in the first place.

Can't believe a decent chef would serve that muck.

There never should have been a "potatogate" in the first place.

Can't believe a decent chef would serve that muck.

I agree. 

Totally unacceptable in a restaurant selling a "fine dining" experience. 

Archived