IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

last month we (a group of BMs) ate at both Beefeater and Steak&Co no less then 10 times at each location.

Steak&Co won hands down each time... the quality of the meat, grilled properly to the right temp inside for each of our orders, and most importantly, you can really taste The Grill, the char, it just makes a world of difference in the taste.

Beefeater has a great smoked salmon appetizer, but when it comes to steaks, they really need to step up their game to match Steak&Co

service was also a bit better at Steak&Co.... i like how the waitresses have a small paper menu with check boxes on it that emulates the large customer menu, so they check off exactly what items you want as you order them, and then repeat your entire order back to you to make sure its correct..... thats a nice touch when most servers have minimal english, and so many english speaking customers have varying accents that are difficult for the servers to understand.

overall the best steaks in the world that ive had were in the US.... none of the Aus/Nz beef ive had in thailand is at the same level as US beef.... but i recognize that they probably keep the best stuff to themselves down there, and the beef available in thailand is probably not the best they have to offer.

that being said, the steaks i had at Steak&Co are pretty good.... no complaints..... id like the price to be less considering where we are, but they have to pay extra for imported beef, so it brings the price close to back home prices.

pics from Steak&Co

IMG_20150216_214751.JPG

DSC_5394.JPG

IMG_20150215_222713.JPG

IMG_20150215_222652.JPG

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good steak is a good steak no matter where it comes from

I dont believe anyone can tell where a good steak has come from

Other than maybe japan

Uk,US, Aussie, Irish, Scottish, Argie. all the same

Style of cooking,type of butter,storage will all have more influence

I'll go one further - I doubt the average punter could tell the difference between a steak that had been frozen and a fresh one, all other things being equal.

I'll go one further - I doubt the average punter could tell the difference between a steak that had been frozen and a fresh one, all other things being equal.

and further yet I know for a fact that most would not know a Dry aged from a regular steak.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Great pics TheRoadWarrier, that gets this thread back on track.

Have you ever tried buying your own big juicy imported steak for 3/4/500 baht,from big c extra, only takes few minutes to cook, thats what im doing tonight, that way you make sure you get what you want, and its a hell of a lot cheaper, I will also have a big salad from their salad bar and a couple of beers, you can't beat that

.. I don't I agree with you on that sinbad5.

.. in a side-by-side comparison, the difference in texture between frozen and non-frozen screams at even the dullest of taste buds .. not as much as in frozen v. fresh fish, but quite obvious .. aged versus non-aged beef makes the difference undeniable.

.. but .. if an aged, non-frozen quality steak is not properly prepared, the difference is wasted .. hard fry them in a pan and they will taste similar .. covering them in any kind of sauce conceals a wealth of culinary sins .. although, you can still nearly cut the high-quality steak with a fork only.

.. next time you are in BKK, try the prime rib at the New York Steak House (Marriott at Sukhumvit Soi 2).

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

you can still nearly cut the high-quality steak with a fork only.

if you can cut your steak with a fork, you cooked it too much

if you can cut your steak with a fork, you cooked it too much

You can cut an Irish steak with your mind :)

You can cut an Irish steak with your mind :)

Shed be a pretty small steak for your mind to cut it  :Finger5:

Shed be a pretty small steak for your mind to cut it :Finger5:

His mind isn't sharp enough to cut wind.

last month we (a group of BMs) ate at both Beefeater and Steak&Co no less then 10 times at each location.

Steak&Co won hands down each time... the quality of the meat, grilled properly to the right temp inside for each of our orders, and most importantly, you can really taste the grill, the char, it just makes a world of difference in the taste.

Beefeater has a great smoked salmon appetizer, but when it comes to steaks, they really need to step up their game to match Steak&Co

service was also a bit better at Steak&Co.... i like how the waitresses have a small paper menu with check boxes on it that emulates the large customer menu, so they check off exactly what items you want as you order them, and then repeat your entire order back to you to make sure its correct..... thats a nice touch when most servers have minimal english, and so many english speaking customers have varying accents that are difficult for the servers to understand.

overall the best steaks in the world that ive had were in the US.... none of the Aus/Nz beef ive had in thailand is at the same level as US beef.... but i recognize that they probably keep the best stuff to themselves down there, and the beef available in thailand is probably not the best they have to offer.

that being said, the steaks i had at Steak&Co are pretty good.... no complaints..... id like the price to be less considering where we are, but they have to pay extra for imported beef, so it brings the price close to back home prices.

pics from Steak&Co

attachicon.gifIMG_20150216_214751.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_5394.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_20150215_222713.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_20150215_222652.JPG

Wait, are those potatoes real or Deb?

Love the meat at Steak & Co, did they ever sort out the Mash potato's?

We are yet to have a reply from Ian on "Potatogate" even know the question has been asked on many Pattaya Forums and Pattaya Facebook Food Groups!

We are yet to have a reply from Ian on "Potatogate" even know the question has been asked on many Pattaya Forums and Pattaya Facebook Food Groups!

"Potatogate"! LOL!!

"Potatogate"! LOL!!

I stole that quote and can't take credit!  But an answer from Ian would be good!

I stole that quote and can't take credit! But an answer from Ian would be good!

He hasn't seemed to care about the place or reply since before Christmas ? Maybe those steaks aren't cow after all.

Is he still alive ?? Do do dooooooooo

they tasted good enough... just needed a spoonful of butter mixed in for my tastes....i love extra buttery mashed potatos

.. next time you are in BKK, try the prime rib at the New York Steak House (Marriott at Sukhumvit Soi 2).

I was there and had my steak in september'14, photos in my 1.TR

Good food, but not worth the price. Now i have been there, next time i have dinner in BKK will somewhere else.

Hahahaha.Fuck I remeber Deb.We use to use it at The Nabiac Bakery for the potato pies.

Hahahaha.Fuck I remeber Deb.We use to use it at The Nabiac Bakery for the potato pies.

We used to look at those Deb ads on tele with the smiling nuclear families thinking it was some kind of luxury and we were missing out because we were poor and had to wash, peel, chop, cook and mash real potatoes!

My reading and writing not good.

last good lamb shank Imhad was the Irish pub in between Pratamnak 4 and 5.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

Tara Court on Pratumnak Rd at the top of Soi 5

I was there and had my steak in september'14, photos in my 1.TR

Good food, but not worth the price. Now i have been there, next time i have dinner in BKK will somewhere else.

.. I do not argue that NY Steakhouse (BKK) is expensive, pej .. one of the costs of living here .. but, for locals, as me, who at times need a top in class steak, it is a price we pay.

.. for visitors, Thailand is not a place to travel to eat prime-prime steaks .. far better choices at home .. Thailand's culinary strengths are great peasant food and fresh seafood .. (and, gourmet bugs .. the premium black ones, not those crappy green ones the low-class eat).

.. that is why I am still trying to identify if any of Pattaya's steak joints serve non-frozen, aged beef .. from US, AUS, NZ, wherever.

.. any of you locals know?

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived