Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

We are opening new steak-house called "Steak & Co." in Soi Lengkee, we decided to close the Chinese restaurant formerly at this location. Beefeater in Soi Diana is widely regarded as the best steak-house in Pattaya and we hope to offer a viable alternative to this well run & successful business. The renovations are being completed now and we plan to re-open in mid June 2014.

We aim to set ourself apart from the local completion in a few ways:

• Offering Thai/French Beef or Imported Australian beef (priced accordingly) 
  • Cuts sizes will be larger then most restaurants i.e 350g vs 250g Rib-eye & Sirloin
  • Offering Porterhouse steaks 
  • A wide-range of side dishes & steak-sauces, 1 side order & sauce included others sold separately. 
  • Steaks will be served on cast iron skillets 
  • Hand-cut French fries 
  • Mexican dishes taught by a Mexican chef
  • Chorizo sausage, hand-made in Thailand (used in Quesadillas & Nachos Supreme) 
Edited by China Garden

The name "Steak & Co" is used in several restaurants around the world, as part of our "due diligence" we contacted all the restaurants using the name and emailed them. If you see a "Steak & Co." else-where in the world, they are nothing to do with our business in Pattaya ! We are forming a new Thai company called "Steak & Co. Ltd", this will hold the work permit for our new western manager. 

The-name.jpg

Letter-Steak-&-Co.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Here is the new sign for the front of the building, we are having a NEON street signed installed soon. I dont want you to miss us ! haha

New-Sign.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Good luck with the new direction. I've always liked 'Beafeater' so I'll give 'Steak and Co' a go next time I'm in town

• Like 1

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

"Out with the old, in with the new!".

• Open kitchen stays! Watch your steak cooked in front of you, check the cleanlinesses of the kitchen! 
  • New comfortable bench / sofa seating will be installed
  • New ceiling with over head air-conditioning / fans to help the circulation further
  • Raised platform removed & Chinese décor
  • New LED lights & lamps for the pillars
  • 2 Large screen TV's (60++ inch) showing weekend football / rugby 
  • New brick-work effect tiles 

I will post regular up-dates of the work.

demo.jpg

Edited by China Garden

One of the thing's we intend to do well is "presentation", the first bite is with the eye and regardless if the beef is domestic or imported it will be cooked perfectly with char-grill marks to the right temperature. 

We are importing Staub cast iron mussel pots & crocette to serve "some" of the side orders in, they hold 3/4's can of beans which I think is a reasonable size for "individual portions" when you consider the steak will be 350g or more! The steak is the star....

Staub.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Steaks will be served on warm cast iron skillets, that might be a 300 baht Thai steak or and imported Angus Steak, presentation costs nothing and cast iron is ideal and hard wearing.

Cast-iron.jpg

• Like 4

Looks and sounds good ... Best wishes , will certainly stop by for a steak when in Pat .

• Like 1

Great stuff mate, I will be popping in....

• Like 1

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Steak is one of those incredibly simple but extremely hard to master dishes, our Thai chef's are being re-trained by a 5 Star Mexican chef who appeared on "Iron Chef Thailand" recently preparing steaks! Chef Gus is classically French trained with a background in Italian, Mexican & European food, he's worked in Thailand for 7 years! 

chef.jpg

chef-2.jpg

Edited by China Garden

I will post the full menu once its finalised but the basic's will be

1. Steaks !
  2. Ribs
  3. Lamb
  4. Pork Chop
  5. BBQ Chicken (1/2)
  6. Buffalo wings
  7. Mexican (Taco's, quesadillas, nachos)
  8. Mussels (variety of sauces / liqueurs)
  9. Burger
  10. Chilli's
  11. Salmon 
  12. Salads

We plan on opening either at 8am or 10am with a "Breakfast / Brunch menu" available until 14.00 pm, this will be lighter meals & breakfast items. I am kind of doubtful we will see much early trade but its nice for the hotel guests. Close @ 22.00 or 23.00 pm.

There is also be "Daily Specials" priced at around 229 Baht   (not the Angus Steaks! haha) 

Edited by China Garden

My manager sent me these pictures of the kitchen, we just bought some new equipment! Sadly my wife would not let me spend 800,000 Baht on a Josper Charcoal grill.... but who know's if we are successful I might be able to convince her! Churchill said "Give us the tools, and we will finish the job", thats my plan here! 

• Lava rock grill
  • Flat-top grill
  • Salamander
  • 2 wok burner (we will offer some Thai dishes)
  • Stock pot
  • Oven with 4 top burners
  • Convection Steamer (only the side is pictured), this makes amazingly tender ribs & chicken.
  • Professional microwave
  • Double fryer

You will see the gas pipes are all metal & fitted with regulators, the electrics were also recently over-hauled and checked to be earthed properly.  

kitchen.jpg

Edited by China Garden

Looking good, hope you are open before i am due to leave back to the Sandpit on the 18th June, but if not will be back again in October

Looking good, hope you are open before i am due to leave back to the Sandpit on the 18th June, but if not will be back again in October

I am hoping we are, the builder we are using seems pretty switched on. I will keep this thread regularly updated with information. 

Thank you,

Ian

Oh god, I might leave a few pounds heavier this time around as I've made a reservation with you for mid-July. :GoldenSmile1:  Looking good, can't wait to try! 

I will come to eat steak. I was a regular at your Chinese restaurant and now looking forward to taste your biggest juicy steak.

I could not put it better myself, "big & juicy" that is my goal! Right now I am looking at 3 types of beef, Thai / French, Imported frozen Australian & Australian Angus beef. Black Angus seems too expensive & having tasted both I could not discern the big price jump as "value for money".  My preferred supplier of the Angus beef is Choice foods in Bangkok, the owner has been operating in Thailand 20 years and is Australian, he sources top quality beef for all the major hotels in Bangkok. 

Edited by China Garden

My DREAM is to own one of these... with your guys support I might be able to afford one next year! This is the next level in perfection & taste, watching it makes me feel so sad ..... I need it, I want it, I gotta have it~!

Edited by China Garden

One turn the way the cow intended it... Then serve...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

We are opening new steak-house called "Steak & Co." in Soi Lengkee, we decided to close the Chinese restaurant formerly at this location. Beefeater in Soi Diana is widely regarded as the best steak-house in Pattaya and we hope to offer a viable alternative to this well run & successful business. The renovations are being completed now and we plan to re-open in mid June 2014.

We aim to set ourself apart from the local completion in a few ways:

• Offering Thai/French Beef or Imported Australian beef (priced accordingly) 
  • Cuts sizes will be larger then most restaurants i.e 350g vs 250g Rib-eye & Sirloin
  • Offering Porterhouse steaks 
  • A wide-range of side dishes & steak-sauces, 1 side order & sauce included others sold separately. 
  • Steaks will be served on cast iron skillets 
  • Hand-cut French fries 
  • Mexican dishes taught by a Mexican chef
  • Chorizo sausage, hand-made in Thailand (used in Quesadillas & Nachos Supreme) 

The Best of Luck.

Enjoyed your Chinese, cant wait to try your steaks!

Indeed, will keep an eye on the thread for opening date, and will make sure to come in and have a good steak!

Best of luck!