IGNORED

Review: Best and Worst Dinner in Pattaya

Gaggball

He didn't hire me because I don't need the work.

I was going to buy it but decided against it.

Like I said .

You guys know nothing but what you want to believe.

Bingo

Ian changed his mind in renting out the restaurant ( decided to run the restaurant himself )

You did not drop out of buying

Ian dropped out of selling

You got the dog

So the constant slagging occurs

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo

Ian changed his mind in renting out the restaurant ( decided to run the restaurant himself )

You did not drop out of buying

Ian dropped out of selling

You got the dog

So the constant slagging occurs

Totally incorrect

I had decided against it long before it got to that stage as we couldn't pack up the kids in the time he needed someone to take the reigns.

I hadn't even made an offer but as usual you look for the hidden conspiracy theory and fail miserably.

No doubt your buddies will jump on the wagon but that's to be expected.

I am still at a loss to see why u all think I am the one giving the bad reviews.

The bad reviews are all there for you to see and I didn't make any of them nor did I start potatogate.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/219751-china-garden-restaurant-for-rent-new-offer/page-4

If I had such a bone then why would I have stopped looking for info the place and started offering help and advice to Ian from the start?

Check my posts in his thread especially the last two.

"There are none so blind as those that will not see"

In the U.S., the old-line steak purists will almost always choose pan-fried potatoes or baked potato rather than steak fries

From the Peter Luger Web site:

post-276-0-59731700-1429782650.jpg 

My dad, who was born in 1906 and raised on a ranch in Montana, said boiled or pan-fried potatoes were the side for steak out West, along with sweet corn in season. He said he never tasted French fries until he attended graduate school in NYC in the 1930s. During WWII,  he became a big fan of English-style chips, but thought they were appropriate for fish 'n chips, not as a side for steak.

Evil 

As much as I love my steak fries, those pan fried potatoes look INCREDIBLE!

My "go to" call at The Palm (or any steakhouse that offers them) is the Lyonnaise potatoes. 

My "go to" call at The Palm (or any steakhouse that offers them) is the Lyonnaise potatoes. 

Yup, the pan-fried German style potatoes have been on Luger's menu since 1887 (Carl Luger, Peter's father and founder of the restaurant, was born in Germany).

I believe the meals in the pics are for two people to share, which is common at Peter Luger's.

Traditionally, steak houses in the U.S. have had  short and simple menus with very little choice.  They were places for men to eat steak, end of story. A lot of them didn't have printed menus.

But that began to change in the  1950s when steak houses began shifting to family trade or a fine dining experience. Choices were added to the menu to accommodate  women and children.  However, Peter Luger is still very much a "single purpose" steak house, even though it does offer fish, lamb and a few more veggies than in the 1950s.  Salads were added in the 1980s.  The menu at Luger's:

post-6485-0-57836800-1429827958.jpg

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Too many cheap charlies in town. Steak and Co changed opening time to 1500... ruined my lunch plans. 

Too many cheap charlies in town. Steak and Co changed opening time to 1500... ruined my lunch plans. 

" Opening Gate" 

The king of potato sides is the Hasselback potato. Oh my, that mix of crispy and mashy potato goodness. If you see it on a menu, go for it. I haven't seen the menu at Beefeaters, but I imagine it could actually appear there.

(For extra credit, make them with duck fat. A bit of panko on top is good too. Beware so you don't pass out from the surprise of all that sex in your mouth from a mere potato, though :wink:)

Probably one of the best steaks I ever had was at this place.

Everything was absolutely superb.

http://www.newyorkprime.com/myrtle-beach/

And i think we speak about Pattaya and not

the USA.No interrest for sure.555.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

The king of potato sides is the Hasselback potato. Oh my, that mix of crispy and mashy potato goodness. If you see it on a menu, go for it. I haven't seen the menu at Beefeaters, but I imagine it could actually appear there.

(For extra credit, make them with duck fat. A bit of panko on top is good too. Beware so you don't pass out from the surprise of all that sex in your mouth from a mere potato, though :wink:)

Thanks for the link -- I rarely cook much at home, but I definitely want to try these out!

Thanks for the link -- I rarely cook much at home, but I definitely want to try these out!

Go for it. It's relatively easy to cook so it tastes good, but it's impossible to perfect. (I actually learned this one from my mom, way back then.)

Hasselback potato are my favorite. They are great

Great..... More potato talk 555

First potatogate now let's all go to steakhouses and discuss potatoes.

Somebody start a

Review: potatoes thread already. [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Beefeaters.  Their plank steak is excellent.  Never been disappointed except when they closed back in January and went home for a couple of weeks.

The pics from Steak & Co. look good also so I will give them a try in a couple of days.

My review to follow.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

Hi Gents.

Here is my review of Steak & Co. Restaurant on Soi Lengkee, Pattaya.

Attached are some pics. 

* I am in no way associated with this restaurant or any other restaurant in Thailand.*

Genre: Steaks & Burgers.

Atmosphere:  Great.  Inside and outside seating, AirCon was perfect, and had a nice ambiance.  The only down side is that there is no parking in the evening for vehicles.  Had to park down the Soi at a hotel parking area.  Paid the parking attendants 40Baht to let us park there.

Staff:  Very Polite and quick.  Made reservations just in case and saved their number in my phone.  The starters came very quickly.  The restaurant had a few other couples inside at the time.

Price: 2600 Thai Baht.  Reasonable in my opinion.  You get what you pay for when it comes to a good steak and their steaks were excellent.

What we got:

That Little Extra:  We got warm bread & butter and after the starters we got a complimentary Lemon Sherbet scoop to cleanse the palate.  It was refreshing.

Drinks:  They have a great selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, sodas, smoothies, juices, and milk shakes.  My girl got a vanilla milkshake and the sip she let me try was great.

Steaks: The flavor was excellent for both steaks.  I got the 400g Sirloin and my girl got the 250g Ribeye.  Of course mine was a thicker cut but both were cooked Perfectly (Medium).  The mushroom gravy was very delicious.

Starters: I got the Caesar salad and Nachos.  My girl got the Crab & Avocado Starter.

The Caesar Salad was very basic but that’s ok because salad is simple anyway.

The Nachos were awesome.  Good portion, great taste, and loaded up just the way I like.

My girl liked the avocado & crab starter.  Good portion for a starter.

Soup:  No soup this time but they do list a Lobster Bisque Soup on the menu.

Side & Sauce:  You get to choose a side and sauce with your steak.  We both got the baked potatoes and mushroom sauce.  Everything tasted great and was cooked perfectly.  Lots of choices for both sides and sauces.

Desserts:  Too much to choose from.  We wanted to try their Tiramisu but they were out.  We got the Chocolate Mousse instead and it was delicious.

Overall:  Probably 9.5 out of 10 on my scale.

Steak&Co (2).jpg

Steak&Co (3).jpg

Steak&Co (4).jpg

Steak&Co (1).jpg

Steak&Co (6).jpg

Steak&Co (5).jpg

20150706_192236.jpg

great review !!! 

just one question ................ were the  potatoes  real ????

btw , i am a admirer of this restaurant ! 

great review !!! 

The one in the tin foil looks real to me.lol.

great review !!! 

no, the potaoe was rubber, hahaha, even alanhass can see it is real.

no, the potaoe was rubber, hahaha, even alanhass can see it is real.

Yep,but he will still have something to say about it.

Maybe it was rubbery real?

It will be interesting to see if the great tin-foil potato debate spreads to P-A. Or maybe it's already been here and I've just missed it?

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

KING COBRA

Good honest report except you omitted the price............own up how much :Think1:

The patato wedges I had in this restaurant at february is the most worst wedges I had in my whole life...they were not cruncy very pale and soft and soaking oil

I could only eat 2 wedges and left the rest...I hope they changed the way they cook wedges since february

20150220_172113.jpg

KING COBRA

Good honest report except you omitted the price............own up how much :Think1:

AARRGGH.  So Sorry.  I knew there was something in my notes I was missing.  I've edited the review and listed the Price.

2600 Baht for everything.  Appetizers, salad, steaks, drinks, dessert

I liked it a little better than Beefeater however my girl and I have a sentimental connection to Beefeater.

She likes the wine at Beefeater and I dont "dink that mutt" anyway.

I plan to go back within the week to try some of their other menu items.

Question:  Is the owner a short guy with really short cut hair?  He seemed to be a manager of sorts.

AARRGGH.  So Sorry.  I knew there was something in my notes I was missing.  I've edited the review and listed the Price.

2600 Baht for everything.  Appetizers, salad, steaks, drinks, dessert

I liked it a little better than Beefeater however my girl and I have a sentimental connection to Beefeater.

She likes the wine at Beefeater and I dont "dink that mutt" anyway.

I plan to go back within the week to try some of their other menu items.

Question:  Is the owner a short guy with really short cut hair?  He seemed to be a manager of sorts.

He is the manager, let me know when you going next it would not hurt to catch up and eat a steak mate

He is the manager, let me know when you going next it would not hurt to catch up and eat a steak mate

Hi Cerberus.  Just sent you an IM.  Definately sounds like a good plan.

Archived