Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Starting a new go go with major changes. Tired of walking prices

ChaosAgogo

Damn Tapatalk! Here's how it should read:

And yet it is those very people that are belittled on forums such as this by the Thailand experts??? I not saying everyone should go overboard but buying a few LD's and creating a party atmosphere makes a bar a fun place to be imho

Mostly it's old-fashioned jealousy and sour grapes; some Pattaya visitors and ex-pats resent the fact others are able to afford a more extravagant holiday or lifestyle. Another part is grounded in fear and ignorance. Some posters don't like or understand the changes that are taking place in Pattaya and seek to assign blame for what they consider worsening conditions. High rollers and big spenders have become convenient targets. It's easier and more emotionally satisfying to blame them than the real culprits behind the changes to the Pattaya scene, i.e., economic developments inside and outside Thailand.

Finally, when it comes to some of the derogatory stuff written about Japanese, Korean and other Asian punters, there's a large measure of misunderstanding about Asian cultures with a sprinkling of raw racism. Asian punters have just as much (or little) right to visit Pattaya as any other foreigners. They enjoy themselves in a fashion that's in line with the cultural norms of their homelands (and Thailand, for that matter). They are spending their own money in ways they deem fit. There is absolutely no valid reason to resent or criticize them.

Evil

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly it's old-fashioned jealousy and sour grapes; some Pattaya visitors and ex-pats resent the fact others are able to afford a more extravagant holiday...

They are spending their own money in ways they deem fit. There is absolutely no valid reason to resent or criticize them.

Evil

nailed it, asian or otherwise...   

+1000

Fire alarm instead of ring the bell? Haha awesome. If there's a real fire tho, we're fucked.

But at least we're being fucked :)

The actual fire alarm will be a ringing bell.

That won't confuse things at all.

There's a conundrum that haunts every gogo bar owner who tries to attract chea-, I mean budget-conscious, Charlies: many of his target customers want to spend as little money as possible in a bar, especially on drinks or LDs. Their only interest in visiting a go go is to find a female companion for the night and they consider any money spent that doesn't directly further that goal to be a waste.

Basically, the CC's (conscious consumers, if you prefer) sit for an hour or more hugging a mug of discount draft, then try to make contact with the girl of their choice. But they won't buy her a drink until they are sure she's willing to be bar fined and accept a rock-bottom offer for her services. Many of the hard-core CC's will try to swerve both the bar fine and LD's by arranging an after-hours meet up or contact via phone or Face Book. To some on the Pattaya boards, that's the pinnacle of "professional mongering."

It's actually the P4P equivalent of U.S. housewives who only shop with coupons at supermarkets. Certainly they are expert shoppers and save a lot of money, but if every one followed their example, the supermarket would go broke. Same-same with go go bars. If every punter at most bought one discount draft, one LD and a 700-baht BF, no go go bar could survive. It's the customers who buy LDs by the tray and ring the bell that allows a bar to operate at a profit.

Evil

you couldn't have said it any better -the only way the OP's bar would survive is if he can attract the spenders -not necessarily the heavy spenders but guys who are willing to buy a couple of lady drinks for the dancers (within reason),I go into iron agogo with a big smile and leave with a bigger smile,nice looking girls and a great place.Same with baccara and many other bars on Walking Street.

I was in sensation one night and ended up buying one girl her 5 drink quota for the day -she was great company and if I hadn't already released my load I would have certainly taken her for the night -now,no matter what the OP does -the girls have to earn a living and not all of them want to be fucked every night.

The girls complain about the reductions and these are really punitive i.e for coming late,for not reaching their drink quota and also for a variety of reasons.Some get tired of dancing then try to become hostesses for a while -a drop in salary.

so to attract nice girls the working environment has to be conducive for them,off course you cannot be too relaxed but being fair would go a long way in attracting great girls with the right attitude.Most of the girls who work in the happy group have great loyalty to them and that is because the girls are really taken care off.

There is nothing you can do about the 'mongering experts' -or the 1k cheap charlies -you have to accommodate them,so offering coupons or vouchers might be a good idea (obviously the price of my Heineken drink would off shoot the lose of revenue),I know HA does that and I was offered a few the last time I passed there whilst on my way to superbaby -I think it is two draft beers for the price of one.

On my last trip I discovered some great  new places -shark,crazy and superbaby and hopefully next time I am in town I would hope to write good things about the OP's bar,just make sure the ladies are pretty..lol...j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

If you don't have a mamasan or cuts in salary, who is going to keep the girls in line ? I.e. Showing up late, looking like they are still hung over, talking on their telephones in the bar, cat fighting over something stupid, and the list goes, on and on.

No magic formula for a successful club - lots of beautiful friendly girls !!!

Wish you the best of luck ...... See you in February !

No updates from op, hmmmmmm

The OP needs to open ASAP

The way foreign currency's are dropping exclude US$

Patts will be deserted apart from skint ex pats

We will open before Feb 1st.  Will update in a week or two exact date. Thanks Brian

i hit Patts on the 27th of Jan.

Would love to come to the opening party if its still planned for 1st of Feb.

Good luck with new venture.

Hopfully it's still going to go ahead, I was looking forward to this new gogo

The property in question still has a "For Rent" sign up. No renovations have started either.

The OP needs to open ASAP

The way foreign currency's are dropping exclude US$

Patts will be deserted apart from skint ex pats

skint ex pats are the target market

The plan looks solid to me. Just need to get the right girls there. It's always nice to be in a good place where you are not being ripped off blind. You will probably find that a lot of people will spend more and feel like they are getting better value for money.

I used to have a regular hangout at a well known gogo off Walking St that opened and closed a lot. They had a bell ringing deal that cost you 1000baht and bought a bottle of tequila. I used to walk in, ring the bell and then sit down and order my San Mig Lights. Any ladies wanted to drink with me had tequila. Then I would sit there and drink beer for 2-3 hours. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Definitely cheaper than buying 2-3 LDs a round for the time I spent in there.

The property in question still has a "For Rent" sign up. No renovations have started either.

Is that the property next to the real esate agent or the one a few doors down from "The Cave"?

Yes it's next door to real estate agent. Across the soi from Billabong.

I used to have a regular hangout at a well known gogo off Walking St that opened and closed a lot. They had a bell ringing deal that cost you 1000baht and bought a bottle of tequila. I used to walk in, ring the bell and then sit down and order my San Mig Lights. Any ladies wanted to drink with me had tequila. Then I would sit there and drink beer for 2-3 hours. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Definitely cheaper than buying 2-3 LDs a round for the time I spent in there.

Sure I am not the only one who is curious what name the place had (has). Indeed sounds like a good deal to get a lot of girls into the right mood to have a joyful evening..

Hello all. This is Brian previously from glass house. Since I left glass house I have been busy  writing my book and also with real estate investment. I am a customer/ john/ trick that visited walking street often. Now as many of you know lady drinks are as high as 180 THB, bar fines 1,500 and long time don't get me started. Got quoted 7,000 from one recently a new record. Also rents are way up on walking street and mamasons are also pushing the prices higher. I will open a new go go on lk soon that will roll back the prices 7-10 years. It will be a small go go with hot girls but no mamason between you ,my customer, and the ladies. I will have a  expat member card with the following prices. All bar fines 700 all the time. The ladies prices will be between you and her but my ladies will know what price range we expect. All drinks for expats 100 THB  and all lady drinks 100 THB We will have music by request no DJ. The name of the go go will be Chaos located next to the office a go go. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Do you think this concept will work? Hot ladies I guarantee not all will bar fine but most will.  To summarize

1. Hot girls

2. low prices

3 no mamason 

4 no dj

5 music by request

Thanks for all replies good and bad as always.

not sure a 700baht bar fine is roling it back 7-10 years, i was paying 700 baht in a go go ( peppermint i think) 3 years ago

Please forget Pattaya for one minute, freedom can't be killed, je suis Charlie.

The plan looks solid to me. Just need to get the right girls there. It's always nice to be in a good place where you are not being ripped off blind. You will probably find that a lot of people will spend more and feel like they are getting better value for money.

great idea, going to suggest this to LaaMok et al...

Archived