IGNORED

Starting a new go go with major changes. Tired of walking prices

ChaosAgogo

I can not even grasp how some of the expats and especially the ones who have been in Pattaya for years and know how things work here are even giving the op the "good luck with your project"comments.

Im not saying i know it all because i have been coming here the last 15 years, but i know several gogo owners quite well and have a decent insight in what it takes and costs to run a profitable a gogo. (beleive me, it¨s not rocketscience) (but it will give u headaches no matter profitable or not)

The businessplans the op mention is just a silly and childish Dream, with no sence of realitycheck.

I know which unit in LK he is talking about, its a 1 unit bullshit facility with bad location.

And what can i say about the OP¨s dream prices, You can¨t make Money from it!

And finally your cynical idea that you are good friends with millons of supernice/beautiful Girls who want to work in a bar where they within 3 days of work, will realize by changing bar they will double their earnings.

I have spent millions of bath in this Town and i¨m quite Confident i have barfined as many if not more stunning gals here, and many of them i¨m friendly with. However, this would never make me beleive they would start to work in a new bar and be loyal to me just because we are friends.

Come on man, they are thai and their earnings will Always be their top priority and why the hell would¨t it be.

The reason the OP has been silent for a while is obvious to me, he knows exacly what i just wrote above.

Recognize the OP for his Dream but that is all it is....or bancrupcy if he would find the Money to invest in this Dream...

Well I have been around for awhile too anyone living here learns everyday. Regarding the comments of good luck I for one do wish him good luck

I hope it's a roaring success it will only be good for all of us involved in the industry as well as the customers.

It's a tough market that's for sure he knows that having the background in the business time will tell roll on March 1st

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's a roaring success it will only be good for all of us involved in the industry as well as the customers.

I don't know if the OP has founded the good business model.

But I'm sure that there is a way to make come back some old customers and take some cash:

- The expats as myself: 1 hours in a gogo will cost me more than 1kg of lobster, 2 hours = 1kg of lobster + 1 bottle of 1L black label, 3 hours = 1kg of lobster + 1 bottle black + 1 girl LT. Guess why we are fewer and fewer. We have the cash, but the gogos today are a waste of time and money.

- The veterans who are coming for hollidays, they come to see naked girls, touch girls, get drunk and take a girl for the half or quarter of what they would pay at home. Is it still the case ?

But the thing is us folks the try our hand at running bars are risk takers, And you can't quantify that. I have to admit he will need a lot of luck to succeed, But I really do wish him the best

Owning and managing a business are two totally different beasts

A manager has nothing to lose apart from his job

If he is good at his job will get another very easily if the business goes tits up

The owner on the other hand will be fucked

Owning and managing a business are two totally different beasts

A manager has nothing to lose apart from his job

If he is good at his job will get another very easily if the business goes tits up

The owner on the other hand will be fucked

True but if the manager was good at his job the business should not go tits up

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Imagine my surprise to find this business for sale before it is even opened. Advertised as the cheapest go go in Pattaya on Baht Sold for only 4 million baht. not a bad layout. Setup cost 2mill? not a bad earn if he can sell it quick. Anyone interested ? 

attachicon.gifkaos.jpg

I think the layout is nice. 

I like the bankruptcy commit too. I will have to sell my 60 million baht house to pay the 2 million to build this small go go lol. I have paid more than that for beer bars. Again small investment and low rent. The Indians that own the building I have done millions in business with them so I get no key money and cheap rent. Again I am good with numbers and I will make money from this small go go. Also if I don't I have a buyer already for 4 million.  For opening I was very sick for 14 days so could not meet the builder and designer to finalize and get started. Thus, construction just started today so unfortunately will  not open until March 1st. Thanks again for all post. 

thanks all and please understand I appreciate all remarks good and bad just not personal attacks. I have learned so much from this forum in the past two years. the main point here is it is costing me 1.5 million all in and most know this is almost impossible to build a go go so cheap. Glass house cost us 15 million. This is by far the least expensive go go in Pattaya and because of this low start up cost,  I can pass the low cost to the customers. I figure I need to gross 15,000-20,000 baht a day to break even. even a slow very slow go go can make these numbers quite easy. That means approximately 20 dancers , 5 hostess, two bar tenders , and one manager and rent at 60,000 no key money. If we do lose money it will be very small but I have stated many times don't plan to make big money on this little go go I know will be very small profit if any. I do know and have a buyer already for 4 million if I chose to sale but no intention unless we lose money. Thanks again Brian

You would think that there would be a drink in it for Lamook and Whitespider out of the 2Mill profit! Even a bit of advertising on the Board to help out, seeing "you have learnt so much from this forum"

You would think that there would be a drink in it for Lamook and Whitespider out of the 2Mill profit! Even a bit of advertising on the Board to help out, seeing "you have learnt so much from this forum"

The OP

Only lives in a 60 million Baht house so almost skint

So it turns out this was purely a flip from the off?

Surley nobody that read this thread is stupid enough to buy this place considering the whole success of this go go was based around the OP's personal relationships with the girls working there

I think the Op's personal relationship with the buildings owner is more relevant. Low rent and no key money (no mention of a lease) and then sell it to some bunny for 2 mill Baht profit. The new owner then may have to negotiate a new lease at a higher rental rate and pay key money.

The lease is guaranteed for 6 years with an option for 3 more. assumable for 100,000 THB 

I'm hitting town in April and il be there for a few drinks, hope everything opens on time

Hi Chaos,

Been following this thread, but lost track. Without going through 20 pages where is the gogo, and when is the opening, arrive Feb 18th hope you're up and running by then.

Hi Chaos,

Been following this thread, but lost track. Without going through 20 pages where is the gogo, and when is the opening, arrive Feb 18th hope you're up and running by then.

Soi LK Metro. Opening in March.

Yes the lease is assumable, and for 9 years is a very long lease and very cheap. As far as the ladies commits I keep getting, I clearly stated I have several girls committed meaning about 10 the rest will be hired. since it is a small go go 20 will be plenty.  Also about  selling ,all my businesses are always for sale. I had this go go built for the price of the sign on one just up the street.  Most all on this board know that most go go's sale for between 6 and 30 million so at 4 million and a great lease I think a great deal. On the street  that Kaos is on all for sale are 14 million up. Real estate 101 business 101 buy the cheapest in the neighborhood. lol  Sale or no sale I don't care either way. I'm looking forward to opening. Thanks all. Brian

For the posters that keeps correcting my writing. Thanks but I gave up trying to be intelligent a long time ago. I decided to spend my time enjoying life instead. 

Sounds like everything a customer want. It all comes down to one point in the end and that is the lineup. If is as good as u indicate... it will be a success... if its line Smile rock agogo... u will get bankrupt. Hope u make it

Shinzon

Sorry, I don't give out details on my models so please dont ask...  

Sounds like everything a customer want. It all comes down to one point in the end and that is the lineup. If is as good as u indicate... it will be a success... if its line Smile rock agogo... u will get bankrupt. Hope u make it

yes, it's all about the lineup, too many Gogos these days with beach road talent

Whatever happened to Malibu, perhaps I caught it on a bad night, but 2 customers? Ouch!

Many of the lk Gogos are really struggling for customers., as well as Walking Street.

Many will not survive this year.

yes, it's all about the lineup, too many Gogos these days with beach road talent

Whatever happened to Malibu, perhaps I caught it on a bad night, but 2 customers? Ouch!

Many of the lk Gogos are really struggling for customers., as well as walking street.

Many will not survive this year.

Far to many gogo bars not enough decent talent to work the poles

And more gogo bars opening all the time

Most people have terrible taste and no idea of how to program music. Bad music is just going to kill the vibe. Just make up or knock off playlists from Spotify. You can inject a few good requests from time to time.

or, only have approved music to choose from, eh?

Normally not the kind of guy who would reccomend somone buying a bar in Pattaya, but in your case I really hope you succeed as I'm tired of everyone just copying each other, with over the top barfines, fancy decor , agency girls, expensive lady drinks and in many cases, poor music choices.

There must be a market for a scaled down a business just as there are pretty much in any other business's out there, there is no business who caters to everyone, we are not all the same and it must be a market for a good value a gogo, because to be honest, today they are not. I still go sometimes but I tend to spend more and more time in Soi 6 on the Gogos expense.

It's been way to much negative answers, many successful companies out there would never even have started with that kind of thinking.

Hope everything works out for you, I will be back this summer and check the place out....if you are still in business ? 55555555

Thailand always has the best strategy to meet competition and a declining market... just double the prices and make up today what you didnt sell yesterday... and if that doesnt work you need to raise the prices more tomorrow :-P

We all know how screwed up the gogos have become in recent years, where a simple shorttime session suddenly can cost you more than an orgie in Amsterdam. And considering that a normal wage in LOS is still 10.000bath a month that is really strange. One of the key problems as I understand for the gogos is getting girls. More and more have to rely on agencies were they have to pay 1500 bath a night for a girl and the girls are not even pretty anymore. i couldnt care less wether or not a girl come from an agency when deciding to barfine. The only things I care about is if i want this girl and if I am willing to pay the price that I will get her for. Whatever cost the bar has for the girl is irrelevant in my decision making in the same way that I dont ask the store what they paid for the product they are trying to sell to me. It is that simple!

IMHO, the gogos are not competing eachothers anymore. They are slowly killing themself out of the market. Why pay 180+250+2000+5000 to sleep with a girl that might want to go home at 7.00... when u can pick her up in ibar later for 1000? Gogos are now competing against other options that are far more cheaper. Well the real stunners are excluded I might say...  but an average gogo girl is not that pretty. There are plenty of average girls everywhere in Pattaya. So everytime I enter a gogo I have to convince myself how much extra am I willing to pay and the bar needs to convince me I get value for that money.

We will soon see if Kaos agogo will rock the boat. Definitly the right attitude from management.. but my only concerns is that it sounds a bit to good to be true :-P   

Shinzon

Sorry, I don't give out details on my models so please dont ask...  

(...)

We all know how screwed up the gogos have become in recent years, where a simple shorttime session suddenly can cost you more than an orgie in Amsterdam. And considering that a normal wage in LOS is still 10.000bath a month that is really strange. One of the key problems as I understand for the gogos is getting girls. More and more have to rely on agencies were they have to pay 1500 bath a night for a girl and the girls are not even pretty anymore. i couldnt care less wether or not a girl come from an agency when deciding to barfine. The only things I care about is if i want this girl and if I am willing to pay the price that I will get her for. Whatever cost the bar has for the girl is irrelevant in my decision making in the same way that I dont ask the store what they paid for the product they are trying to sell to me. It is that simple!

IMHO, the gogos are not competing eachothers anymore. They are slowly killing themself out of the market. Why pay 180+250+2000+5000 to sleep with a girl that might want to go home at 7.00... when u can pick her up in ibar later for 1000? Gogos are now competing against other options that are far more cheaper. Well the real stunners are excluded I might say...  but an average gogo girl is not that pretty. There are plenty of average girls everywhere in Pattaya. So everytime I enter a gogo I have to convince myself how much extra am I willing to pay and the bar needs to convince me I get value for that money.

(...)

:Agree:

I almost was afraid I am the only one...

Hello all. This is Brian previously from glass house. Since I left glass house I have been busy  writing my book and also with real estate investment. I am a customer/ john/ trick that visited walking street often. Now as many of you know lady drinks are as high as 180 THB, bar fines 1,500 and long time don't get me started. Got quoted 7,000 from one recently a new record. Also rents are way up on walking street and mamasons are also pushing the prices higher. I will open a new go go on lk soon that will roll back the prices 7-10 years. It will be a small go go with hot girls but no mamason between you ,my customer, and the ladies. I will have a  expat member card with the following prices. All bar fines 700 all the time. The ladies prices will be between you and her but my ladies will know what price range we expect. All drinks for expats 100 THB  and all lady drinks 100 THB We will have music by request no DJ. The name of the go go will be Chaos located next to the office a go go. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Do you think this concept will work? Hot ladies I guarantee not all will bar fine but most will.  To summarize

1. Hot girls

2. low prices

3 no mamason 

4 no dj

5 music by request

Thanks for all replies good and bad as always.

Ill tell some of my ideas:

1) same waiter to serve same table (is it terrible when you drink for example vodka on rocks with lemon and sugar and you need to explain each time what you want (In one of Walking Street a gogo had to explain 4-5 time).

2) If you want target expat (that is a big share of the market) then probably their age is 45+ so rock is the way to go.

3) When girls dont dance they think they are not working. wrong. Most of expat dont like pressure for LD but what about if each customer can be only greeted by 4-5 non dancing girl with just a simple "hello, welcome to Chaos a gogo" (with the care to show their number for later chooise)? It will be great!

4) Personally I prefer the illusion of free drink than pay only 100b. I prefer paying 120b and have the 6th free or you can have waiters to inform manager of customer spending more than average

5) You need a good managment software with all the stats by waiter/table/time to get lot of interesting stats you can work on like average drink for each customer, average time in and so on. 

6) crucial will be improving the revenue using point 5 with special promotion and so on

7) could sound stupid but generally nobody can say no to some slice of hot pizza. In hollywood disco in the 2009 3 slice were 100 bath

8) Member card should not give you expat price but let you get points and get later on free drinks and so on

9) Eventually member card could allow you to check via internet if a girl number is working or not 5555 

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

Thailand always has the best strategy to meet competition and a declining market... just double the prices and make up today what you didnt sell yesterday... and if that doesnt work you need to raise the prices more tomorrow :-P

We will soon see if Kaos agogo will rock the boat. Definitly the right attitude from management.. but my only concerns is that it sounds a bit to good to be true :-P

i have been saying this for years, right on the money mate.!

Archived