IGNORED

Premiership League Football 2014/15

jocky king

Chelsea win yet again & keep their lead going, well deserved I've to say.

Agreed , Winning at Stoke is impressive , a testing ground for title contenders .

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from Swansea v Villa. Very wet and very cold!

Followed the pattern that has become familiar in recent home games. Swans start very quickly, look very good and threaten to play opposition off the park. Scored one goal in this period today. Another great Sigurdsson free kick.

They then let the opponents back into the game and end up holding on. Lucky to get three points in the end today. Brilliant save by Fabianski in injury time.

In other games, BIG win for Hull at Sunderland and Leicester looking increasingly doomed. Everton fans must be unhappy at the moment as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

All the big teams won tonight making the table even more congested, now if only Chelsea had a blip or two.

................................................................................................................

Chelsea now having a blip or two on their travels, City now up to speed on matching the points tally, Utd with two consecutive away draws losing a bit of momentum. Southampton, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Hammers all contenders for 3/4th spot now.

................................................................................................................

I am a life long Spurs supporter and I so did not see this afternoons result coming, it looked like it was going to be re run of the Stanford Bridge game where Spurs played well for 15 minutes, concede a goal and collapse but I could not have been more wrong.

What ever Mr Mourinho wants to say 5-3 is not a lucky result

Having said that it is likely to be the high point of our season and we will be s**t in the next game (Crystal Palace)

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

I am a life long Spurs supporter and I so did not see this afternoons result coming, it looked like it was going to be re run of the Stanford Bridge game where Spurs played well for 15 minutes, concede a goal and collapse but I could not have been more wrong.

What ever Mr Mourinho wants to say 5-3 is not a lucky result

Having said that it is likely to be the high point of our season and we will be s**t in the next game (Crystal Palace)

I'm not a lifelong supporter, but I've come to be a Spurs fan in the lat 3-4 years. Waking up at 6am (US central time) to watch the Spurs is like Christmas morning on most weekends. Except I never know if I'll get a great present, or a lump of coal.

Although the play of Kane and all the other youth products almost takes the sting away from the overpriced underachievers...almost.

Chelsea now having a blip or two on their travels, City now up to speed on matching the points tally, Utd with two consecutive away draws losing a bit of momentum. Southampton, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Hammers all contenders for 3/4th spot now.

It's really congested at this point.

I think..

ManU stays strong and finishes 4

Southampton- surprise of the year. Keeps winning the games they are supposed to, and finishes 3rd.

Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool- constant struggle of talent vs consistency. Will be interesting to see what kind of moves get made in the transfer window.

West Ham- surging toward their destiny of 11th to 14th place.

I'm not a lifelong supporter, but I've come to be a Spurs fan in the lat 3-4 years. Waking up at 6am (US central time) to watch the Spurs is like Christmas morning on most weekends. Except I never know if I'll get a great present, or a lump of coal.

Although the play of Kane and all the other youth products almost takes the sting away from the overpriced underachievers...almost.

Yeah Kane was fucking stellar.

But I'm struggling to figure out where he will fit in at RM.lol.

I am very disappointed with the decision of Lampard to remain at City until the end of the season as he was contracted to move across the pond and play MLS soccer.

This has to be a conflict of interest as New York City FC is part owned by City.   Even the eternal moaner, Wenger has a point as he believes that City used this loan arrangement to bypass financial fail play rules.

I have read reports that fans of New Your City FC have told Lampard that he is not welcome and I can’t blame them as he even held a press conference stating how he was excited with the prospect of playing in the MLS.  

New York have also admitted that they are unaware of when Lampard will play for them so it shows that they are not in control of the situation.

The Premier League administration needs to investigate this convenient type of “loan” to prevent other clubs abusing the system.

We have had so many false dawns I try not to get too excited about one result but I am hoping that we are going to achieve something with Pochettino, if nothing else this will be a moral booster if we beat Sheffield Utd and Meet chelski in the capital cup final.

COYS

I am very disappointed with the decision of Lampard to remain at City until the end of the season as he was contracted to move across the pond and play MLS soccer.

This has to be a conflict of interest as New York City FC is part owned by City.   Even the eternal moaner, Wenger has a point as he believes that City used this loan arrangement to bypass financial fail play rules.

I have read reports that fans of New Your City FC have told Lampard that he is not welcome and I can’t blame them as he even held a press conference stating how he was excited with the prospect of playing in the MLS.  

New York have also admitted that they are unaware of when Lampard will play for them so it shows that they are not in control of the situation.

The Premier League administration needs to investigate this convenient type of “loan” to prevent other clubs abusing the system.

This is not a new thing which is why they brought in the ownership rules but City are playing fast and loose with them.

I think it was as long ago as when Dean Saunders moved from Oxford Utd to Derby County and Robert Maxwell owned both clubs.

I seriously laughed out loud when I read that, oh the irony of fans at a club that has never played a game getting the hump with a player they have never seen play

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read that, oh the irony of fans at a club that has never played a game getting the hump with a player they have never seen play

They may be nobodies to you and to me but they have a point. Nobody likes to feel used or that they are somebody else's plaything. Without fans the clubs don't exist. The issue here is whether City have used New York to gain an advantage that they otherwise wouldn't have enjoyed. It looks from the outside that that is exactly the situation and the New York fans have a right to feel aggrieved after being the patsy in the deal.

Good win for Southampton at old Trafford today payback for a few weeks ago when they played them off the park at St Mary's but found a way to lose.

Although in reality it's always been a two horse race Man Utd losing today confirms it despite the £300 million that they have spent since Ferguson quit.

Bony joins Man city and Ihe'll be good playing with Aguero seen him a few times playing for Swansea and he's a monster just hope it's a close finish to the league,don't really care one way or the other who wins it.

Triumph of good over evil at Arsenal today...can a player that cost £30m really be called a bargain...probably

thought utd played ok without looking dangerous,credit to southamptons midfield and defence for that both full back restricted them selfs from bonbing forward as normal making a strong back 4  their midfield players were superb. 

At least 6 teams vying for the remaining two UCL slots, its going to be a battle of attrition with plenty of sliding up & down.

Triumph of good over evil at Arsenal today...can a player that cost £30m really be called a bargain...probably

I would'nt exactly call Stoke evil - they play a physical style of football that complements their squad. It would be boring if all teams played a pure passing game.

You are correct that Sanchez is proving to be a bargain and if he stays fit Arsenal will finish in the top 4.

I would'nt exactly call Stoke evil - they play a physical style of football that complements their squad. It would be boring if all teams played a pure passing game.

You are correct that Sanchez is proving to be a bargain and if he stays fit Arsenal will finish in the top 4.

I like players to stand up to other players, love the physical side of the game(we used to have Bould, Keown & TA)v but the list of injuries we receive when playing them clearly shows they go over the top when playing against us, the set their game to stop us playing, it usually works in Stoke, but we seem to pick them off at our place.

Its looking really bad for Villa as they are just unable to score (11 in 22 games) and with their next 2 games against Arsenal & Chelsea they could be in the bottom 3 by the middle of Feb.

The club has been in freefall for the last few years and unless they find the net they will be relegated.

Southampton turning out to be the story of the season, looks like at least one of the big shots among Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool going to miss out on the UCL spot, even Spurs clinging on to the race now. A real big game tomorrow, Aguero vs Sanchez, fight of the S Americans. 

Couldn't go to Swans today as normal cos driving to LHR.

Think I was lucky to miss it :-(

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The chasing pack win their games, guess not even 'Paul' the octopus can predict the end of the season table.

Southampton turning out to be the story of the season, looks like at least one of the big shots among Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool going to miss out on the UCL spot, even Spurs clinging on to the race now. A real big game tomorrow, Aguero vs Sanchez, fight of the S Americans. 

I think Santi Cazorla outshone them both mate

I think Santi Cazorla outshone them both mate

Saw him dribble against 5 City players , great player .

Archived