Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premiership League Football 2014/15

jocky king

Hello Lads, Just opening the new thread for Premiership League 2014/15, Welcome for your comments or update of any transfer news or rumours. Well done to Manchester City for their well deserved Premiership win in 2013/14. They will open the defending champion match against Newcastle away on 17th August at 4pm at Sky Sport. Liverpool who nearly won the title from City will start with Southampton on same day as City at Anfield at 13.30 pm, it will be strange for both clubs playing without Suarez and new dutch boss Keoman who replaced Pochettino who went to Spurs as new coach , they will be playing against West Ham away on 16th August at 3pm, Manchester United introduce new gaffer, Van Gaal, also brings in new players such as Shaw and Herrera , will they be back in the top four next may, we will see, first few matches is always important, They will play Swansea at Old Trafford at 12.45 on 16th August.  Welcome to newcomers Leicester City , QPR and Burnley to their appearance in the Premiership 2014/15, Leicester will be playing at home to strong Everton FC, like Burnley and QPR , they will have to step up their gear to challenge for the top half or remain for the Premiership 2015/16, QPR who nearly upset City in 2011/12 last premiership match, returned to play at home to Hull City, 16 th Aug 3pm, QPR may have Rio Ferdinand in their squad, may help them . Burnley who played fantastic football last season in the championship will open with a big test at home to Mourinho , Chelsea, on 18th Aug 8pm, Mourinho will seek a big improvement after their trophyless season in 2013/14. Russian owner is demanding a instant success in 2014/15 like he always do. Stoke City will be playing at home to Aston Villa on 16 th August at 3pm,  West Brom who survived a relegation scare last season will be playing to Sunderland who improved quickly last season , on 16th August 3pm at The Hawthorns, Arsenal who ended their 8 years wait for Trophy with a FA cup win last may will open against Crystal Palace, Arsenal is also bringing in new players such as Debuchy and Sanchez who played brilliantly in the World Cup recently. Crystal Palace rose from the dead to go to 11 th place , due to great Tony Pulis magic.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

8200__6617__fixtures_53a13bbef15bd275127311_517X310.jpg

citytitle_2907907b.jpg

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice introduction to the new seasons thread Jocky, Lets hope its as good as last season.

Nice introduction to the new seasons thread Jocky, Lets hope its as good as last season.

Thanks, Hopefully a better year for United than last season .  :GoldenSmile1:

About time JK, was having the withdrawals after the world cup ended. Nice summing up in the OP & definitely go United :)

................................................................................................................

Hey jocky. I am a united fan too. I don't think they have the players to challenge this year. I think it will be between City, arsenal and chelsea

Will be there for the Liverpool vs West Ham and Liverpool vs Everton Derby in September, will have to find the perfect place to watch them, good beer and lively ladies preferable.

Fair play jockey,

Looking forward to the season, all the best

Sorry Jocky cant agree with you there

with you, sorry Jocky

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

The hammers are just about to sign another player, Croatian International Ivan Strinic, that's the 6th new player, looking forward to a 4th win in a row V Spurs on the opening day. COYI 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Premier League! GET IN!!!!!

It really is an open season. City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United all in with a shout I think. United will be very dangerous, they are in the same shoes Liverpool were in last season. United will be playing mostly one game a week. With a truley top Manager now and some big signings to come in (half the dutch squad LOL)  I honestly believe they will be the United as we all know them. Last season was a one off.

Liverpool played some fantastic football last season, but the departure of Suarez will be to big a loss I think to go one better than last season. He was the engine room of that goal machine.

Arsenal are looking Quality, if Wenger can resist tinkering ALL THE TIME he may well be there or there abouts.

Ans Man City are Man City. 50 man world class sqaud enough said.

My heart says Chelsea title win my head is telling me Man United will win it.

10489690_873650072663789_815945961933741

I am liking the look of this team. With Jose in Charge and the Addition of 3 Champions League finalists it is exciting times at The Bridge for us.

with you, sorry Jocky

image.jpg

About time JK, was having the withdrawals after the world cup ended. Nice summing up in the OP & definitely go United :)

Thanks Mick , I have withdrawls too , was lucky to have Tour de France & Golf and cricket to feel bit better . Looking forward to read your posts here , always interesting . L

Hey jocky. I am a united fan too. I don't think they have the players to challenge this year. I think it will be between City, arsenal and chelsea

Hello Westie , glad to know a fellow Irishman follow United here , hope you are wrong with your predication , Van Gaal is a winner like Sir Alex, they hates to lose .

Will be there for the Liverpool vs West Ham and Liverpool vs Everton Derby in September, will have to find the perfect place to watch them, good beer and lively ladies preferable.

Go to Pooks at Soi Buakhao , nice ladies there . :GoldenSmile1:

Fair play jockey,

Looking forward to the season, all the best

Thanks , hope it is our turn to win the title ... :) , my nephew is a city season ticket holder for last 5 years , hopefully he will take me to either derby matches at Old Trafford or city of Manchester Staduim . Enjoy the new season , I think city want the champion league badly from now on after completely years of wait to the league title .

Premier League! GET IN!!!!!

It really is an open season. City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United all in with a shout I think. United will be very dangerous, they are in the same shoes Liverpool were in last season. United will be playing mostly one game a week. With a truley top Manager now and some big signings to come in (half the dutch squad LOL)  I honestly believe they will be the United as we all know them. Last season was a one off.

Liverpool played some fantastic football last season, but the departure of Suarez will be to big a loss I think to go one better than last season. He was the engine room of that goal machine.

Arsenal are looking Quality, if Wenger can resist tinkering ALL THE TIME he may well be there or there abouts.

Ans Man City are Man City. 50 man world class sqaud enough said.

My heart says Chelsea title win my head is telling me Man United will win it.

Nice posts , nice to have you here , hopefully you will write here a lot . Drogba might rejoin Chelsea ? A good addition I presume !!!

Thanks Jocky,

Yeah Drogba. I think Jose is thinking more about the shaping of Lukaku into the real deal. So Didier being his hero and a perfect role model for him maybe is the man to point him into the right direction. Show him where he should be defending set pieces ect and of course attacking. Proberly pretending to die in the penno area too LOL.

I think that is Joses thinking behind it. Plus Didier is a big character and voice in the dressing room to so can only really be a good thing for the young lads.

When Everton play at Leicester on the opening day of the season I will still be in Thailand. Our 2nd game of the season is at home against Arsenal on Saturday 23rd August and I get home the day before.  I think I'll still be suffering from jet lag on the Saturday so I am lucky it's not my turn to drive to the game.  Hopefully I will cheer Everton onto victory

Jocky King

"Go to Pooks at Soi Buakhao , nice ladies there "

Ha, went past there several times a day last visit, ( stayed on Chayapoon first week) nothing against Lady boys, but no thanks :LOL2:

During the European cup watched a couple of games at corner bar on the 6, but looking for somewhere with some cute ladies, to celebrate (or find solace, whichever) with big screens and good beer!... oh and if the girls can play a decent game of pool that would be cool, too many girls last visit either couldn't play well or deliberately played to lose, i always go elswhere when that happens.

Jocky King

"Go to Pooks at Soi Buakhao , nice ladies there "

Ha, went past there several times a day last visit, ( stayed on Chayapoon first week) nothing against Lady boys, but no thanks :LOL2:

During the European cup watched a couple of games at corner bar on the 6, but looking for somewhere with some cute ladies, to celebrate (or find solace, whichever) with big screens and good beer!... oh and if the girls can play a decent game of pool that would be cool, too many girls last visit either couldn't play well or deliberately played to lose, i always go elswhere when that happens.

Lol, have a good trip in September , plenty of bars to watch premiership football , that is the beauty of Pattaya, girls and football mixed so well while on holidays . I plan to move there long term ( 8/9 months a year) in either 2015/16 , I plan to get a true vision sports package ( similar to SKY sports) about 1,000-1,600 a month . Because I don't want to go home at 5.30 am on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night football in England (8pm British time , 3 am in Thai time in winter ) , I did that in 2010 for three month ex pat experiment . Was fucking too late , so having a sports box in my condo. I could go home early and watch in comfort, possibly with a girl on top , sometimes . :GoldenSmile1:

I'm lucky the 2 particular games i must see are at approx midnight and the other early evening. When the european cup was on i was staying near jomtien and there was a big hassle with the cable rights for the football at that time, ended up moving to Soi Six (Queen vic's) to be able to watch the games with a decent atmosphere.

I think 8 months continuous in Pattaya would kill me, ha, no will power to stop the "urges" when there. 

Looking outside the EPL for a bit looks like Real are building a new age of galacticos, they have signed Toni Kroos & arguably player of the WC James Rodriguez. Think of it: Ronaldo, Kroos, Bale, Benzema, Rodriguez  phew!!!

Van Gaal has his sights on German defender Hummels, a top notch player indeed.

................................................................................................................

Looking outside the EPL for a bit looks like Real are building a new age of galacticos, they have signed Toni Kroos & arguably player of the WC James Rodriguez. Think of it: Ronaldo, Kroos, Bale, Benzema, Rodriguez phew!!!

Yeah but much more powerful and fit galacticos, yes Zidane/figo/Ronaldo/Becks/Carlos version was full of magicians, but the new R.B.J is a real deadly weapon.

As for Manu; I'm positive about Herrera's signing, he's one of the massively underrated midfielders in spain because he's not playing for a big club, but definitely has all what United needs (proficient tackler, incisive passer, great versatility)...compensates Fellaini's shitty signing.

Looking outside the EPL for a bit looks like Real are building a new age of galacticos, they have signed Toni Kroos & arguably player of the WC James Rodriguez. Think of it: Ronaldo, Kroos, Bale, Benzema, Rodriguez  phew!!!

What is your Opinions on Rodriguez?

Nobody seemed bothered about signing him before he scored a few goals in the WC now all of a sudden he is worth 65 Million. Football works in strange ways at times.

However he is looking like a decent player certainly looked good in the WC. But players sometimes can look good for 5 games playing for their country in the WC. But I think Real will be dissapointed for there value for money when he is playing week in week out. Not sure he can produce like he did for Colombia on a weekly bases as his price tag will require it.

Time will tell I guess.

Come on perky, Monaco just signed him last season for 45 million euros, he was the best assist in french league, james will be a breakthrough and I reckon Bale will be benched if di Maria decided to stay.

Just noticed The Burnley v Man U is being televised now :) I won't be there for the Chelsea match but will be looking for somewhere good to watch that one!

staying in the LK Metro area for a change this time so any recommendations for a lively spot would be welcome.

Shaky. 

irish rover have all the prim matches on ,plus a burnley lad plays darts for the darts team..

Archived