Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

I think the place matt is done! Unless someone can spot any errors ? ;-)

<br /><br />It's Thailand mate the land where they eat bugs etc. <br />shouldn't you have bollox on that big guy.<br />555<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be worth having it written in Thai also, that way the girls can feel involved when choosing a steak. Don't forget if you feed the girls we'll and they don't feel like outsiders they will then bring there next customer there when he asks "where u want to go" instead of her saying "up to you" :)<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are ears not horns :-)

<br /><br />Wrong choice of words lol<br />I meant on the matt not on the cow.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be worth having it written in Thai also, that way the girls can feel involved when choosing a steak. Don't forget if you feed the girls we'll and they don't feel like outsiders they will then bring there next customer there when he asks "where u want to go" instead of her saying "up to you" :)<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, we have included some Thai dishes on the menu, it will also have a Thai / Russian translation... but the table matt they gonna have to learn to point if they see they type of steak they like!!!  :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by China Garden

I know what you mean, we have included some Thai dishes on the menu, it will also have a Thai / Russian translation... but the table matt they gonna have to learn to point if they see they type of steak they like!!! :GoldenSmile1:

<br /><br />Guess it's back to my bollox picture suggestion then ;) 555<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the guys talking about burgers - I have a great suggestion

When you are both in town - buy some ingredients - and both prepare burgers for a 'cook off' at Sky Bar - we can make an event of it for charity - the proof of the pudding is in the eating

• Like 5

For the guys talking about burgers - I have a great suggestion<br /><br />When you are both in town - buy some ingredients - and both prepare burgers for a 'cook off' at Sky Bar - we can make an event of it for charity - the proof of the pudding is in the eating

<br /><br />Just home two weeks ago so gonna be about 6 months before I am back but that's a great idea. Would be well up for that challenge. <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the guys talking about burgers - I have a great suggestion

When you are both in town - buy some ingredients - and both prepare burgers for a 'cook off' at Sky Bar - we can make an event of it for charity - the proof of the pudding is in the eating

And so can all the Mexican food experts.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Might be worth having it written in Thai also, that way the girls can feel involved when choosing a steak...

So the "chef" who believes you should put filler in a hamburger also believes that Thai girls would want to order a steak. A steak made of beef.

I'm not trying to pick on you man, but you should bow out of this thread and stop embarrassing yourself.

You are showing nothing but ignorance. 

Sorry.

So the "chef" who believes you should put filler in a hamburger also believes that Thai girls would want to order a steak. A steak made of beef.

I'm not trying to pick on you man, but you should bow out of this thread and stop embarrassing yourself.

You are showing nothing but ignorance. 

Sorry.

My Thai wife "does eat steak", it's not her favourite food in the whole wide world but once a month she will have a "steak craving", on my visits to Beefeater there as been many Thai wifes's & girlfriends enjoying beef steaks. I am not saying all Thai girls will enjoy beef, that's why we will have a rack of lamb, chicken & pork chop on the menu along with Thai food. Yes, my wife is a little "westernised" after being together 6+years but there are many guys in long term relationships who's partners will enjoy a "good steak" every now & then. On the topic of burger, no breadcrumbs for us, like you said "let the quality of the meat speak for itself". 

I really appreciate "everyone's input", if we all had the same point of view or taste the world would be a boring place! I hope everyone continues to give their honest thoughts & experiences even if some find them disagreeable. Since starting this thread I have received some fantastic constructive advice which I have acted upon, I hope it continues as be build and eventually open! 

Cheers,

Ian 

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 2

And so can all the Mexican food experts.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Haha it will be a nice little convention. 

My Thai wife "does eat steak", it's not her favourite food in the whole wide world but once a month she will have a "steak craving",..

Interesting. We live and learn.

For me, I learned years ago not to grill/prepare/serve beef to Thai girls. They simply couldn't or wouldn't eat it.

The 2 main reasons I've heard from them:

1. Constipation. "Cannot eat. If I do, cannot toilet."

2. The smell of it. More than one girl has told me the smell of beef cooking makes her imagine what a burning human body would smell like.

There ya go. Just my experiences gents.

So the "chef" who believes you should put filler in a hamburger also believes that Thai girls would want to order a steak. A steak made of beef.<br /><br />I'm not trying to pick on you man, but you should bow out of this thread and stop embarrassing yourself.<br /><br />You are showing nothing but ignorance. <br /><br />Sorry.

<br /><br />Seriously pal your really just being a total twat now. I am married to a Thai, I have hundreds of Thai friends male and female and most of them love steak. First thing my wife looks at on a menu are steaks and first thing she asks me to cook her if I do a special meal for her is .....STEAK.<br />So you really don't know what your talking about. <br />They don't buy steak for themselves in Thailand because they can't afford it.<br />If they go with a customer and he says eat what you want then a lot will go for steak.<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true, our aim is to offer high quality chilled Australian beef, the busier we are the fresher we can serve the beef. 

We are going to use "paper table-mats", I read a thread on Shenanigans and people expressed concern about bacteria, the paper place mat will be changed for "every single customer" and I would suggest its more hygienic then most other plastic or bamboo options available.

Why paper ? Well I made the mistake of making China Garden a little too formal, I am hoping to create a casual dinning experience in a warm atmosphere.   Here is what we have come up with, as per the advice I received on this thread, it clearly states Australian beef only! 

There are still a few "tweaks" to be made to the design.... like the missing full stop after Steak & Co and removal of the text "menu" haha

Cheers,

Ian

At Swiss House on Soi Diamond white tablecloths with burgundy runners are used and the runners are always replaced after each customer.

Laundries are cheap in Thailand.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

At Swiss House on Soi Diamond white tablecloths with burgundy runners are used and the runners are always replaced after each customer.

Laundries are cheap in Thailand.

Your right laundry is cheap here, we have 2 chamber maids for the room who would cleaned them for the China Garden first thing in the morning before moving on to the rooms. However, in an attempt to keep the experience "casual" we decided no linen table cloths (neither does Beefeater, although he has some great rustic wood tables), we will have linen napkins on the table. 

Edited by China Garden

Interesting. We live and learn.

For me, I learned years ago not to grill/prepare/serve beef to Thai girls. They simply couldn't or wouldn't eat it.

The 2 main reasons I've heard from them:

1. Constipation. "Cannot eat. If I do, cannot toilet."

2. The smell of it. More than one girl has told me the smell of beef cooking makes her imagine what a burning human body would smell like.

There ya go. Just my experiences gents.

Although not the norm I've know plenty of girls who like a steak and/or beef dishes.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Great stuff, I like Beefeater and look forward to giving your steaks a try

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

Just wondering if you will have a few decent red wines to go with the steak?

Just wondering if you will have a few decent red wines to go with the steak?

Sure, I know people enjoy a nice glass or two of wine with their steak. We will sell carafes of wine, by the glass or bottle, I will have a house white / red available (probably Montclair wine).

• Like 1

Sure, I know people enjoy a nice glass or two of wine with their steak. We will sell carafes of wine, by the glass or bottle, I will have a house white / red available (probably Montclair wine).

Aussie beef = Aussie wine   :Think1:

<br /><br />Seriously pal your really just being a total twat now. I am married to a Thai, I have hundreds of Thai friends male and female and most of them love steak. First thing my wife looks at on a menu are steaks and first thing she asks me to cook her if I do a special meal for her is .....STEAK.<br />So you really don't know what your talking about. <br />They don't buy steak for themselves in Thailand because they can't afford it.<br />If they go with a customer and he says eat what you want then a lot will go for steak.<br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay man. Peace.

Your views are yours and mine are mine.

Let's leave it at that.

Aussie beef = Aussie wine   :Think1:

House win mate, there will be plenty of bottle Aussie wine! I'll looky see if there are any cartons (5 Litres) of anything decent from down-under available in Pattaya. Some of the "boxed wines" are dreadful, I'm not big wine drinker but I know Montclair is pretty reasonable.....but I will look in to some nice Australian / New Zealand wines. 

Edited by China Garden

Okay man. Peace.<br /><br />Your views are yours and mine are mine.<br /><br />Let's leave it at that.

<br /><br />Your views on food were not the problem. <br />It was calling me a liar and ignorant that pissed me off. <br /><br />At the end of the day I have no problem with people having opinions but you were just out to be abusive and obnoxious.<br /><br />I will still buy u a beer if we meet up for a cook off. <br />No hard feelings.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay man. Peace.

Your views are yours and mine are mine.

Let's leave it at that.

<br /><br />Your views on food were not the problem. <br />It was calling me a liar and ignorant that pissed me off. <br /><br />At the end of the day I have no problem with people having opinions but you were just out to be abusive and obnoxious.<br /><br />I will still buy u a beer if we meet up for a cook off. <br />No hard feelings.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel all warn and fuzzy inside now, thanks guys!

And Alan if you uninstall and re install Tapa Talk you will loose all the " <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />"    in your posts!