IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Is accommodation still available in the building where the restaurant will be located as was the case in the old "China Garden " ?  

I am a regular eater in Beefeater, but if you intend competing with that, I'll be delighted to have another option to choose from. 

Good luck with the venture !

well book me a table for the 29th this month

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Is accommodation still available in the building where the restaurant will be located as was the case in the old "China Garden " ?  

I am a regular eater in Beefeater, but if you intend competing with that, I'll be delighted to have another option to choose from. 

Good luck with the venture !

Yes the accommodation with remain the same, called "China Garden" still. It's easier keeping the same website (www.chinagardenpattaya.com) and local moto taxi's etc know it as China Garden. 

well book me a table for the 29th this month

HaHa thats keen! Sorry it will take a little longer to complete, I am hoping mid-June. 

Ian

Looks great.

How would you describe the difference between Thai/French and Australian steaks?  What difference would I notice if I ordered a rib-eye of each?

Hope March 14th will be properly celebrated :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

May be a silly question, but why did you decide to open a steak house?

There are already plenty of them around, even have a few in the same soi.

Before you also talked about a good seafood restaurant, so why the steak house?

Good luck mate, I think it could be a winner as long as the meat is imported, I have never had a good steak in Pattaya, well not a beef steak. I will look forward to you opening and will do a review for the PA readers 

Edited by tourasia

May be a silly question, but why did you decide to open a steak house?

There are already plenty of them around, even have a few in the same soi.

Before you also talked about a good seafood restaurant, so why the steak house?

The fish restaurant had a flaw, the smell from the tanks no matter how clean you kept them would affect the rooms. I really dont many know "Steak houses" in Pattaya, sure there are plenty of people selling steaks but few you could recommend except say Beefeater. Lets face reality, whatever style of food you choose someone else has "been there, done that" from Greek to Indian....

Edited by China Garden

Staying at CG for 2 weeks next month and look forward to trying the new restaurant out if the work is done. I am not much of a steak eater anymore (especially in hot weather) but will try the breakfast and the mexican dishes since the chef is Mexican....and I also live in Southern California with great mexican food everywhere. Chorizo/egg burritos along with huevos rancheros would be great breakfast menu items to soak up the alcohol from the night before. If your coffee is really good that would eliminate my daily fix from Loaf every morning. Looking forward to my stay and best of luck Ian

As a ex Army and Royal Chef, I am looking forward to your new adventure! My birthdays on the 19th June so hopefully you will be open by then? Am sure from what I have read on the previous threads that you are already well respected and got great ideas! Once again good luck.

My cooking times for a juicy sirloin roughly 1inch cut

Blue: 1 minute each side

Rare: 1½ minutes each side

Medium rare: 2 minutes each side

Medium: 2¼ minutes each side

Medium-well done: 2½ - 3 minutes each side.

Looks great.

How would you describe the difference between Thai/French and Australian steaks?  What difference would I notice if I ordered a rib-eye of each?

Same general question I had, in regards to all places that serve steak in Thailand.

Thai beef is generally cheaper right? Must be of a lower quality/breed than those imported I assume.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Same general question I had, in regards to all places that serve steak in Thailand.

Thai beef is generally cheaper right? Must be of a lower quality/breed than those imported I assume.

I would like to know too ...

One thing to mention is you should have an alternative to the cast iron skillets. Especially for guys who prefer a rare steak I tend to find those presented on cast iron can arrive perfectly cooked but quickly become overcooked for my tastes. It looks great and the 'sizzle' is a good attention grabber but for quality steaks a hot cast iron can be detrimental.

All the best in your new venture! (oh and make sure you have a nice selection of mustards, inc. colmans!)

• Like 2

I would like to know too ...

Since Thai beef is usually cheaper probably biggest difference is quality in terms of being tender and all that. Is it water buffalo meat?

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

One thing to mention is you should have an alternative to the cast iron skillets. Especially for guys who prefer a rare steak I tend to find those presented on cast iron can arrive perfectly cooked but quickly become overcooked for my tastes. It looks great and the 'sizzle' is a good attention grabber but for quality steaks a hot cast iron can be detrimental.

All the best in your new venture! (oh and make sure you have a nice selection of mustards, inc. colmans!)

Im with you on the cooking thing but I think they look terrible.

There is nothing wrong with a warm plate with the food presented well.

Beefeater has mastered this and would be the direction I would take.

Great quality steamed vegetables or garden fresh salad (not full of lettuce).

Fresh sauces made with cream instead of water.

Pepper, Chilli, Dianne or Red Wine (no cream).

Fries are good to have as an option but some other kind of potato is better.

You know, slice it, put a bit of bacon and cheese on it, grill and serve with some chivies or spring onion.

Just something different than the norm.

Maybe Im the only one who likes that kind of thing :)

Good luck with the venture.

Lb

Edited by loverboy181
  • Like 2

I am guessing here but I think the problem with Thai beef is the lack of fat

Presumably when they raise the Cows they dont bother feeding them up.

This is good for thai food where the meat ends up in curries etc not so much for joints steaks etc.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Thai beef is horrible because there is no real beef industry to speak of in Thailand.

In the U.S. it's big business. I'm assuming the same can bee said for Australia. You either do it right from the very beginning (the calf) or you go out of business.

I've tried to tenderize and marinate Thai ribeyes a few times with very little success.

Thai beef is cheap for a reason. 

Steaks will be served on warm cast iron skillets, that might be a 300 baht Thai steak or and imported Angus Steak, presentation costs nothing and cast iron is ideal and hard wearing.

re "Steaks will be served on warm cast iron skillets" 

That presentation is visually unattractive and would detract from the anticipation of what is hopefully a nice cut of meat. I'd never eat from bare cast iron or accept an entree presented on that. 

Best wishes for success in your venture. 
Edited by CyberPro

Curious about the cast iron plates myself. Some high end places do it this way but shouldn't they rest before serving?

Dunno.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Best of luck with the new restaurant. I am sure it will be a huge success. Looking forward to a medium rare or two when I come to stay with you in November. Well done. Keep up the good work.

a new steakhouse in that area is just what we need,i will try you out in july,looking forward to trying an imported tender aussie steak with mashed potato,yum !

Gotta agree on the skillet idea. I have been in the business for years and no way would I serve a steak on one. You may as we'll just leave them in the pan for an extra 10 mins until they are cooked to shit. Any chef that thinks it's a good idea is not a good chef.

Cast iron also breaks when dropped so not as hard wearing as u think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by alanhass

I believe the owner stated steaks will be served in a skillet but cooked on a grill. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />