IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Been there twice with other Aussies and not disappointed at all. Would go again for sure.

• Like 1

image.png

On 15/06/2019 at 15:56, froddo said:

Any ground floor rooms??

Trouble with stairs mate?

image.png

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

Trouble with stairs mate?

Yep booked a room at Vogue because they have lifts. Nothing wrong with my elbow tho:Drunk_Party:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Spotted on Facebook:

End of an era, as Smokin' Joe's and Steak & Co change hands. Sold to a Korean/Japanese venture. Former owner Ian has taken out a lease on a Lengkee unit (photo), to be converted to a Western-style Chinese restaurant and takeaway, with delivery of course, under the 'Hungry Panda' name, and is looking at other potential investments around town. Good to see some money is still being spent in Pattaya and in Lengkee, which has been suffering of late..

EDIT - just to make it clear, SJ’s and S&C are NOT closing, as far as anyone knows so far it’s carrying on as normal under the new owners...

76762528_10220311940684921_7517069461019

On 23/11/2019 at 17:35, Taa_Saparot said:

Spotted on Facebook:

End of an era, as Smokin' Joe's and Steak & Co change hands. Sold to a Korean/Japanese venture. Former owner Ian has taken out a lease on a Lengkee unit (photo), to be converted to a Western-style Chinese restaurant and takeaway, with delivery of course, under the 'Hungry Panda' name, and is looking at other potential investments around town. Good to see some money is still being spent in Pattaya and in Lengkee, which has been suffering of late..

EDIT - just to make it clear, SJ’s and S&C are NOT closing, as far as anyone knows so far it’s carrying on as normal under the new owners...

76762528_10220311940684921_7517069461019

Thanks for sharing the post, Steak & Co. & Smokin' Joe's BBQ has changed ownership from me (Ian) to a Korean national, both businesses are open as usual and the menu remains unchanged with the same staff. I will be moving on to a new restaurant venue including by not limited to a new Western style Chinese restaurant which I feel is missing in Pattaya, building work's starting in December and I'm hoping to be open in approx 3 months. 

final_panda.png

Edited by steak&co

11 hours ago, steak&co said:

Thanks for sharing the post, Steak & Co. & Smokin' Joe's BBQ has changed ownership from me (Ian) to a Korean national, both businesses are open as usual and the menu remains unchanged with the same staff. I will be moving on to a new restaurant venue including by not limited to a new Western style Chinese restaurant which I feel is missing in Pattaya, building work's starting in December and I'm hoping to be open in approx 3 months. 

final_panda.png

Wishing you the best in your new venture! 

Is the Guesthouse operation still business as usual? 

I must agree there is no good western style Chinese take away , I did like the wok and Rok but that didn’t last too long 

• Like 2

On 26/11/2019 at 08:58, VLG said:

Yes the guesthouse remains the same, Yuri has to return to the Ukraine to renew his passport so the new Korean owner will be taking booking etc 

18 hours ago, Mickyboy said:

I must agree there is no good western style Chinese take away , I did like the wok and Rok but that didn’t last too long 

Likewise ... Looking forward to eat at the new restaurant “ The Hungry Panda.... Best of luck . 

Edited by jocky king

There's no chance it will remain the same quality without Ian, even with the same staff and everything. Ian was dedicated to true quality and I definitely think the restaurants will suffer without him. It's too bad because the breakfasts and steaks and quality of rooms were all really good value.

• Like 2

I had meals at both locations in the past few days. Breakfast at Smokin and dinner at Steak and co. Both were very good. Quality ingredients and more than I could finish in a single sitting. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2019 at 09:33, steak&co said:

Yes the guesthouse remains the same, Yuri has to return to the Ukraine to renew his passport so the new Korean owner will be taking booking etc 

i have always loved the hospitality of ian and yuri and all of china garden . last trip a month back had a talk with yuri and  he said yes it was up for sale. i have been stayin since 2011 3 trips a year ,never a problem.

yuri used to manage my booking and give me late check outs  most of  my trips.

what a great guy 

will miss him 

with the new asian management wonder if things will be same ?

sure prices will be up like all gogos .lol

On 08/12/2019 at 02:51, i_love_3somes said:

i have always loved the hospitality of ian and yuri and all of china garden . last trip a month back had a talk with yuri and  he said yes it was up for sale. i have been stayin since 2011 3 trips a year ,never a problem.

yuri used to manage my booking and give me late check outs  most of  my trips.

what a great guy 

will miss him 

with the new asian management wonder if things will be same ?

sure prices will be up like all gogos .lol

Yuri will be returning to Thailand in January, he'd returned to the Ukraine after leaving Steak & Co. as his work permit and visa was cancelled but I have convinced him to return and work at Hungry Panda as the General Manager.    

• Like 2

On 25/11/2019 at 14:43, steak&co said:

It certainly is.

BBQ Spare Ribs, Chips & Curry Sauce, Fried Rice and Beef with Mushrooms & Blackbean Sauce.

Will collect around 8pm on Feb 22nd.

:Clap8:

On 10/12/2019 at 22:46, steak&co said:

Yuri will be returning to Thailand in January, he'd returned to the Ukraine after leaving Steak & Co. as his work permit and visa was cancelled but I have convinced him to return and work at Hungry Panda as the General Manager.    

Any plans to have a Guesthouse operation as part of Hungry Panda? 

1 minute ago, froddo said:

Hope those specials last some good prices

I do wonder if it has something to do with a lack of customers due to the horrendous roadworks on Soi Lengkee at the moment?

On 26/11/2019 at 08:58, VLG said:

Yes the guesthouse operating as normal but Yuri and I have both left, Joe and the old staff are taking care of things.

On 12/12/2019 at 07:53, VLG said:

Any plans to have a Guesthouse operation as part of Hungry Panda? 

No, one of the reasons for selling was evolving changes with government regulation of Guesthouses vs hotels and the onslaught of Airbnb.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2019 at 08:08, Taa_Saparot said:

I do wonder if it has something to do with a lack of customers due to the horrendous roadworks on Soi Lengkee at the moment?

The roadworks are just about coming to an end, its has been tortuously slow 

• Thanks 1

On 14/12/2019 at 07:57, Taa_Saparot said:

New owners making changes?

78841598_10220509257497718_2536440065328939008_n.jpg.5dd86b3ab70bef450f6652cb238636af.jpg

78765098_10220509256457692_1057096235862720512_n.jpg.7dab405167c12fac06d9d0ee75bc7fa9.jpg

The new owner has reacted to the slow-down in foot traffic due to the road works, only a week or so before the pinnacle of high season its certainly aggressive marketing deal. 

Edited by steak&co
  • Thanks 1