IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

I like bacon.

And I like chicken but that would be a chicken burger not a beef burger ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guquna7e.jpg

atemepy6.jpg

My home made burger.

Solid juicy and loads of flavour. Served on a flour bap with home made burger sauce.

That burger is half the size of the bun. When I eat a burger I like to taste meat not bread. Sorry, it's a fail if that was served to me at a steakhouse

That burger is half the size of the bun. When I eat a burger I like to taste meat not bread. Sorry, it's a fail if that was served to me at a steakhouse

Again it's personal preference I prefer a thick burger but you can flatten it.

Trust me if you ate that burger you would definitely taste the meat.

In his defense,it's a bap,not a bun.

It's a big bun really.Im gonna order one in two hours from the restaraunt next door for lunch.

This fucker makes a really solid burger.

And his eggs Benny are world class.

Just ordered this and am awaiting delivery to my office.

Heads up OP,we may have a burger for ya.

image.jpg

Ok,so here it is.And I hope the OP finds this useful.

This guy next door to me is a breakfast lunch place.No steaks.

But this fucker is known all over town for having

A.the best eggs Benny in town and

B.the best burgers around.

So I think its important to be known for one thing.If it's the best steaks,great,if it's the best burgers than that's great too.

But be the best at something and people will come.They may not eat the burgers or the steaks but you will get their money,which is the name of the game.

This burger was quite franky....phenomenal.

I would easily pay 300-400 baht for this burger in Pattaya once a week.

Garlic Aoili for the fries was just a great touch.And the square patty was very well seasoned and had great texture.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm hurting now.Nap time.

Ok,so here it is.And I hope the OP finds this useful.

This guy next door to me is a breakfast lunch place.No steaks.

But this fucker is known all over town for having

A.the best eggs Benny in town and

B.the best burgers around.

So I think its important to be known for one thing.If it's the best steaks,great,if it's the best burgers than that's great too.

But be the best at something and people will come.They may not eat the burgers or the steaks but you will get their money,which is the name of the game.

This burger was quite franky....phenomenal.

I would easily pay 300-400 baht for this burger in Pattaya once a week.

Garlic Aoili for the fries was just a great touch.And the square patty was very well seasoned and had great texture.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm hurting now.Nap time.

Way too over cooked for my taste but looks good. I love garlic fries. Tgi Friday do it with sweet potato fries and they are tasty even by my standards.

Way too over cooked for my taste but looks good. I love garlic fries. Tgi Friday do it with sweet potato fries and they are tasty even by my standards.

I agree,but it's against the law to serve rare burgers up here still.

I know,I know.Thats why it's great to get a big old burger in the Us.

I will echo this.  I read about a study of bacteria levels between a plastic cutting board and a wooden one.  The wooden one did better according to them because it has natural anti-bacterial properties as the poster above said.

I also think the cast iron skillet does lend a rustic feel to the whole dinner and think you are on the right track.

I saw this on television some years ago and indeed, from an antibacterial point of view, the wooden board was better than the plastic one.

I guess however you will need some kind of solid wood, such as beech, not bamboo.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Holy shit

Are you serious?? That's a crime in itself :(

Holy shit

Are you serious?? That's a crime in itself :(

Yep,serious.But on a brighter note..we can thump the living shit out of a whole bunch of baby seals.

So,it's a trade off.

Yep,serious.But on a brighter note..we can thump the living shit out of a whole bunch of baby seals.

So,it's a trade off.

I hate raw beef mince! and love clubbing baby seals!

post-82617-0-53741100-1403653828.png

gotta have bacon!

How can you possibly even think of a burger with out it,

You can take the bacon out of the burger,but you can't take the burger away from the bacon.

my local high end steak house use global steak knives as customer cutlery

nice touch that stuck in my mind

Global knives are fantastic, I bought 1 x Wusthof steak know to try (1,500 baht each in Thailand), yes it a fantastic knife and really set the tone.... I'm concerned how long I will keep them ! I just spend 300,000 Baht on Stuab cast iron serving dishes for the side orders and mussel pots.... I am still reeling from that ahaha

If you intend to offer cream soups, please use real fresh cream (sold as “whipping cream” in one-litre cartons at Friendship and Foodland at some 150 baht).

This may sound obvious, but at several British owned pubs and restaurants I got something that looked and tasted like a mixture with condensed milk and a lot of flour in it, disgusting.

jesus .... that sounds terrible, we have been working hard on the croquettes and I think what we have is pretty good. The potatoes in the ricer once, egg yolk, nutmeg, dipped once in the breadcrumbs ...rested in the fridge and fried to order... I hope you like em.

I have eaten I china garden, in the past, I found the food very good, and in the style of Uk Chinese food. However is soi lenkee the right location for a quality restaurant. The cheap Charlie centre of the universe. Most of the customers, in triangle or Barbie bars, do they want to spend more than 100 bhat on their dinner? I speak from experience as I own a catering business here in the Uk

We are one street away from Beefeaters who do a roaring trade, Soi Lengkee as a number of places to eat and people will hopefully be recomending us... I am sure the location is OK, bit late now !! haha

Where People eat and drink can be totally different. I would like to think that a lot of my customers come because the bar is always busy and theres always someone to talk to. Not because of the cheap beer prices.

A lot of our customers eat at Cherrys, Hilton, Beefeater and we have all talked about the new Steak & Co,

In Fact a lot of the conversations i have revolve around places to eat and most are not cheap charlie Joints. 

Its a Perfect location for a quality restaurant and i look forward to having a meal there soon. 

I totally agree, why pay 130 baht for a beer when you can get one in a friendly atmospher for half the price... dining is a little diffrent, the cost of the ingredients dictates alot of the over-all cost. I have enjoyed many a beer @ Triangle Bar and mostly drink draft in LK Metro.... why pay more ?

Can you advise?

Will steak pie be on the menu?

Not straight out the gate, but thats a real good idea. My plan is to soft open and buidling on the feedback up to high season and re-launch the menu, I want time to see whats selling well, where's the demand and then provide what people really want, I am sure I will get plenty of feedback here and in the restaurant.

Thats a nice looking burger and its the kind we plan on cooking, like the feedback we'll aim for medium so you get to taste the Angus beef we will be using.

You ready our plan, we have french fry cones with 2 dipping sauces .... ketchup and garlic aioli ! I love a good dipping sauce

• Like 2

Is there an opening date yet for Steak & Co?

The builders f@@@ed up the brickwork, they applied to much cement and got it on the face of the bricks, rather then using brick acid to remove it they ground off the face of the bricks.... not they have to grind off EVERY brick.... it will take a week to do that if the idiots can find another angle-grinder... Sign people messing me about too.... I would say 2-3 weeks ish... haha

Sorry for the late replies... I have had my hands full with a few issues :)  If it was easy we would be doing it!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Solider on mate you are doing fine!  We are a hard audience  on PA!  But will pay off in the long term !

Can you advise?

Will steak pie be on the menu?

I love steak pies but if I go to a steakhouse I want to eat steak.