IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

My DREAM is to own one of these... with your guys support I might be able to afford one next year! This is the next level in perfection & taste, watching it makes me feel so sad ..... I need it, I want it, I gotta have it~!

i wan a gll like that for my house. man o man, wou it make soome nice favor for steaks and vegetables.I hope you get one.

cheer tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

What about breakies? :GoldenSmile1:

Yes breakfast will be coming alone, we found a local supplier who actually smokes his bacon... not the sprayed on stuff ! Lets get out the gates with the Steaks and add to it in the next couple of months

i wan a gll like that for my house. man o man, wou it make soome nice favor for steaks and vegetables.I hope you get one.

cheer tommy x

I told chef, first 1 million baht we make I will re-invest it in the the Josper charcoal grill !  

See you in December. You're food looks delicious. I really hope is tastes like it looks, then you're a winner.

T.

The Menu

We are opening Friday 15th August @ 19.00 pm

Spell check :)

Mushroom is spelt mushroon

Also just wondering why you advertise stroganoff as beef in a mustard sauce when mustard is only used as a light ingredient and shouldn't be the main flavour of a beef stroganoff?

Spell check :)

Mushroom is spelt mushroon

Also just wondering why you advertise stroganoff as beef in a mustard sauce when mustard is only used as a light ingredient and shouldn't be the main flavour of a beef stroganoff?

OK I will revise the description !! Thanks

Nik picking on menus, nothing better to do? The food will speak for it self, not the words on a menu.

Nik picking on menus, nothing better to do? The food will speak for it self, not the words on a menu.

Take it easy, will you? :)

Accuracy and attention to detail is necessary. :GoldenSmile1:

Benny, Benny...do not really care, but had nothing to do myself except to speak the mind of the time. I get the point because I have the common sense to understand their mistake having been through proper education. Everyone sees the point and if you want to correct all these mishaps, you do have a big job ahead of you. Walk around to the many Thai restaurant and you will find many mis-spell words on their menus, it is not my job to correct this even though I know what is proper. C'est la vie c'est la vie

You obviously have no clue about business especially catering.

It's not nit picking, it's called helping a guy get things right before he wastes big money on menus and advertising only to realise he has described his food incorrectly and has a menu full of mistakes.

If they can't get the description of the food right do you really think people are going to take them seriously as a high class restaurant?

Benny, Benny...do not really care, but had nothing to do myself except to speak the mind of the time. I get the point because I have the common sense to understand their mistake having been through proper education. Everyone sees the point and if you want to correct all these mishaps, you do have a big job ahead of you. Walk around to the many Thai restaurant and you will find many mis-spell words on their menus, it is not my job to correct this even though I know what is proper. C'est la vie c'est la vie

Wow

For someone with a "proper education" you really have a terrible grasp of the English language.

Your statement is full of mistakes.

Also, this is not a Thai restaurant it's a falang one so your comparison is a stupid one.

Managed to get a thread about a nice new Steakhouse opening,to a shit fight.

Well done boys.And I mean...boys.

I for one will be there and will be asking for extra muslooms,onyon rings and especially can't wait to try a nice lead wine.

• Like 3

Wow

For someone with a "proper education" you really have a terrible grasp of the English language.

Your statement is full of mistakes.

Also, this is not a Thai restaurant it's a falang one so your comparison is a stupid one.

And the falang does not know how to spell Farang!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

We will open 7 pm on Friday 15th August for business     

The presentations are superb. Best wishes on your opening and more. :)

And the falang does not know how to spell Farang!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

the word falang is an abbreviation of 'falang da nam khao' which literally translates as 'white starched water from soaking the rice' - it is a compliment to caucasian skin which Thai consider a thing of beauty.

I know how to spell Farang but I choose to use Falang as does my Thai wife and all her family.

Thanks for playing but unfortunately you lost. ;)

Managed to get a thread about a nice new Steakhouse opening,to a shit fight.

Well done boys.And I mean...boys.

I for one will be there and will be asking for extra muslooms,onyon rings and especially can't wait to try a nice lead wine.

No shit fight just helping a fellow Fal, Far ah fuck it white guy to have the best steak house he can. You don't see him bitching when the mistakes are pointed out. Reason being, he is a business man and sees the need for it.

:GoldenSmile1:

If you are planning to invest a large sum of money for your boxing gym :BB_Fight: :BB_Fight: :BB_Fight:

Fighters are ready :Party3:

By the way

We're really, really excited :GoldenSmile1:

Tomorrow's gonna be a big day!

Maybe I'll be there (undercover I'm shy 55555)

Wow, I'm sorry, but I see warning flags all over in the pictures and the menu. I'll be the first to admit not being a professional and am probably blowing smoke out my arse, but here goes:

Brown bread with shrimp cocktail? Huh?

Surf and turf with boiled looking shrimp? Huh? (Edit: I guess the shrimp is grilled, but it really doesn't look very good to me. Steak looks yummy though. :) )

That seafood salad looks very unappetizing to me. (Edit: and like a pain in the ass to eat, leaving me smelly for the rest of my meal)

The shape on the duck liver pate--it looks wrong and I hope I don't have to say why.

Am I really seeing saltimbocca with cheddar cheese?

Again, perhaps I'm just ignorant, but some of the plates really don't look that good to me.

Ok, boys. Tear me up now. I'm ready for a new asshole.

Edited by expatdude

Wow, I'm sorry, but I see warning flags all over in the pictures and the menu. I'll be the first to admit not being a professional and am probably blowing smoke out my arse, but here goes:

Surf and turf with boiled looking shrimp? Huh? (Edit: I guess the shrimp is grilled, but it really doesn't look very good to me. Steak looks yummy though. :) )

That seafood salad looks very unappetizing to me. (Edit: and like a pain in the ass to eat, leaving me smelly for the rest of my meal)

The shape on the duck liver pate--it looks wrong and I hope I don't have to say why.

Again, perhaps I'm just ignorant, but some of the plates really don't look that good to me.

I was of the same thinking...without saying it. No one wants to criticise when you can see all the hard work gone into this.

Toast with duck pate? bread with a prawn cocktail? A surf n turf that would never pass as that back home ever?. A huge tomato with the pepper steak? It looks as though a french chef decided Aussie beef should be french?

I figured if your trying something new and different, you'd run with an Aussie take. You'd encourage it. I imagine its the chef thats came to this idea of what it should be like.

From the comments, expatdude and myself have a different take, yet others they expect whats in the pics, and people like the look of it.

TITS,--- just another sign for something that could have been,,,until we taste it. I imagine it could be great, just the ideas of the pics seem somewhat astray from desirable.

ummm

(Not an issue it's done in many restaurants)

The picture does look bad and they do look boiled which is nasty but maybe the real thing will be better)

(Looks a bit of a mess but that can be adjusted. As for being smelly well it's seafood and if it's fresh it won't smell.)

( looks like an attempt to make Quenelles but the mix is too soft and looks like poo)

( looks dreadful it's like food from a road side cafe with fake everything. This dish is not Saltimbocca.)

I was of the same thinking...without saying it. No one wants to criticise when you can see all the hard work gone into this.

Thanks for chiming in and letting me know I'm not alone on the planet. I really like Ian and his style and am a big supporter of him, so I thought long and hard before I posted what I did.

I remember when he was so proud of his last chef, for China Garden. My friend and I went to eat there and the meal was really crappy. The duck we ordered looked like it had been through a war and tasted that way too. No decent chef would have allowed that out of his kitchen. We kept out comments to ourselves, mostly, but soon that chef was gone.

Ian has a business model where the business comes first and the chef is hired to suit the restaurant. I sometimes feel he needs an advisor who knows what good food really is and can guide him to a good chef. Again, I mean this with only good intentions and may be completely wrong, but that saltimbocca looks terrible. It's a real red flag to me.

Doesn't look like a French take at all. Looks like British food before they learned to cook in the last couple decades.

Edited by expatdude