IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

It is a great menu. Expats could come regularly to try the different dishes. I think you are on a winner.

Tiny Corrections 

Quesadilla Carne Asada description says "carned" not sure if right

Cranberries not Cranberry's

See you in August.

Did I get all the mistakes  ?

Looks awesome,and at 100 baht I'm gonna have one of everything.lol.

Looks awesome,and at 100 baht I'm gonna have one of everything.lol.

:GoldenSmile1:

It is a great menu. Expats could come regularly to try the different dishes. I think you are on a winner.

Tiny Corrections 

Quesadilla Carne Asada description says "carned" not sure if right

Cranberries not Cranberry's

See you in August.

Well spotted @!! Glad someone's paying attention ... haha

My aim is to add a breakfast menu before high season & daily specials which are not menu items, there's no point in having a fantastic UK chef is we dont push out the boat ! In ideal scenario I will get a mailing list (email)  of regular customers and have "special nights" for say Prime Rib, Beef Wellington, Wagyu Beef etc...  Thats the long term plan

Good luck training the Thai staff!!! Must be the hardest part no? And a pain that never ends....

Good luck training the Thai staff!!! Must be the hardest part no? And a pain that never ends....

Well I do have 1 chef who trained in Australia but is Thai, 1 chef who's been with me 7-8 years (since Le Katai, Jolly, Lone Star) and the new UK Chef who is VERY experienced. The Thai / Australian chef will help out a lot with translating etc. 

You know what you are doing. Pricing is going to be tricky as you have dropped a bomb in this bad boy?

Marinated with the Beef Carpaccio… not marninated 

What ever the spelling I'll be there for a hell of a feed.

Well done Ian.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I think the spelling mistakes have been a hit.

I say leave in a certain amount of spelling mistakes on the menu and give people a discount for everyone they find.

• Like 2

I say leave in a certain amount of spelling mistakes on the menu and give people a discount for every one they find.

What do I get a discount on?  :GoldenSmile1:

What do I get a discount on?  :GoldenSmile1:

Lol.Beer ofcourse.

These are the wines we have been recommended, any comments welcome.

I've found Chilean reds to be drinkable and affordable, prefer Cabernets from California to Chilean. A California wine or two might be a good addition depending on your expected clientele. 

The remodel looks to be a great success. Best wishes as you move forward. 

I've found Chilean reds to be drinkable and affordable, prefer Cabernets from California to Chilean. A California wine or two might be a good addition depending on your expected clientele. 

The remodel looks to be a great success. Best wishes as you move forward. 

Thanks for the advice, I will start with a reasonable selection of wine and increase the range if there is a strong demand which I think there will be!

Edited by China Garden

Marinated with the Beef Carpaccio… not marninated 

What ever the spelling I'll be there for a hell of a feed.

Well done Ian.

Well spotted!  Cheers

Ian

You know what you are doing. Pricing is going to be tricky as you have dropped a bomb in this bad boy?

Its certainly not been cheap but its not the kind of place you can afford to cut corners, I have set the right environment, the right quality of food & of course service.... If I get all of those right I will have a successful restaurant 

Is the hotel reception still in the corner of the restaurant?

Gyaaah.  I'm salivating already and I won't be arriving in country for 5 months...

I would like to introduce Gerry, our new Head Chef @ Steak & Co.

Gerry-2.jpg

He has just finished Henley where he was chef for the Albert Roux & Michel Roux Jr.

Gerry-1.jpg

As part of Gerry's arrival I will be amending the menu as he requested, we will drop most of the Tex-Mex dishes in favour of a more "European Steakhouse Menu", to be posted shortly. 

Shame you're dropping the tex mex as you're old restaurant Lone star has gone downhill

Yes it was a hard decision after I spending 150,000 to hire a Mexican chef for training ..... But after listening to Gerry's vision for the food, something he can really stand behind I had no choice but let him "shine in the kitchen". 

Don't worry though, it wont be big empty white plates and fancy decoration, it will be "well prepared, properly balanced dishes" that will prove a good alternative to what's currently available locally. We will be on par with Beefeater price wise, but using Black Angus chilled beef.