Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Skalli's burger looked like a slider, I can't believe it took him 3 bites. Mushrooms in a burger ?????????? not so sure, not for me.

Skalli sounds like the BURGER KING, oh, hang on that's been done before, doh!

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Mushrooms Swiss burgers are wonderful.... 

The Mexican chef who did our training will be supplying us home made spicy chorizo with ingredients coming from Mexico, pickled jalapeños & 3 home-made Mexican sauces to add to the taco's etc 

Untitled-1.jpg

NEWS FLASH

I am pleased to announce Gerry will be joining our team as our head chef, he is from Scotland and has over 20 years experience as a Chef. He is currently working freelance for the Roux brothers in the UK at "special events" and "food pairings". Gerry has the expertise & experience we needed to ensure a first class dinning experience every time, he will join us in a few weeks, I am now rushing through his work-permit. 

Top Class Chilled Australian Beef + Top Class European Chef + Newly Renovated dinning room = Success !

Our prices will be on par with Beefeater's, as we are offering the same dining experience.

I also have the intention of offering a Saturday & Sunday buffet as I have the 2 heated buffet trolleys that I never utilised for the Chinese food, before high season we will also open for Breakfast. 

Edited by China Garden

NEWS FLASH

I am pleased to announce Gerry will be joining our team as our head chef, he is from Scotland and has over 20 years experience as a Chef. He is currently working freelance for the Roux brothers in the UK at "special events" and "food pairings". Gerry has the expertise & experience we needed to ensure a first class dinning experience every time, he will join us in a few weeks, I am now rushing through his work-permit. 

Top Class Chilled Australian Beef + Top Class European Chef + Newly Renovated dinning room = Success !

Our prices will be on par with Beefeater's, as we are offering the same dining experience.

I also have the intention of offering a Saturday & Sunday buffet as I have the 2 heated buffet trolleys that I never utilised for the Chinese food, before high season we will also open for Breakfast.

Michel and Albert?

Wow,that's impressive.

I remember buying there pastry book back in the mid 80's and trying to make some deserts.

Awesome news.Nice catch.

Skalli's burger looked like a slider, I can't believe it took him 3 bites. Mushrooms in a burger ?????????? not so sure, not for me.

Skalli sounds like the BURGER KING, oh, hang on that's been done before, doh!

Oh it's no slider that baby.

It took more than three bites for that bad boy.

But yes...I am the Burger King.

The Mexican chef who did our training will be supplying us home made spicy chorizo with ingredients coming from Mexico, pickled jalapeños & 3 home-made Mexican sauces to add to the taco's etc

I like the sound of that.

Gidde up.

Wow, how good does that sound? ;)

For a Mexican food aficionado those are surely ingredients contributing to a "life well lived".  Good work. :)

Hamburgers in a steak house?
Sounds like very poor taste (pun intended).
That being said, the refurbishment on Soi Lengkee is all but finished.

Chorizo is a sausage from Spain.

Dude, considering how many times I ate that pseudo-burger at the place in Nikom Court ... And then suffered through burping it up for the next 4 hours, if I ever drag my ass back to Pattaya, I'm having that burger, no matter the cost!

is this restaurant opened?can I see a menu?

my trip is in 3 weeks and I want to eat good steak

Great thread this, if ever a business deserves success its this one. To the owner, youre on the right track, freshly prepared quality western food, ive always felt there is a lack of genuine quality for this type of food in Pattaya.

Beefeaters is decent, but can be bettered easily with a bit of thought and innovation, I see plenty of evidence this will be the case here.

just hope you're open when I arrive end of July!

is this restaurant opened?can I see a menu?

my trip is in 3 weeks and I want to eat good steak

Gerry arrives on the 20th July, we need huddle down over the menu & thrash a few things out. The renovations are almost done, I hope to open in 2-3 weeks.

Great thread this, if ever a business deserves success its this one. To the owner, youre on the right track, freshly prepared quality western food, ive always felt there is a lack of genuine quality for this type of food in Pattaya.

Beefeaters is decent, but can be bettered easily with a bit of thought and innovation, I see plenty of evidence this will be the case here.

just hope you're open when I arrive end of July!

I don’t find Beefeaters that fantastic.

• Like 2

Neither do I and neither does he.

He said decent.it is decent.

Ate there on Wednesday at 21.00 pm, I had to wait at the bar for the table to become available. We tried the shrimp cocktail, peppered steak & Lobster soup & Beef burger, all were OK but definitely room for improvement on the burger & soup, I wont say any more except I think can offer some improvements from what I have experienced.

I saw how popular planked Steak & Salmon was, our Cedar planks are en-route from Canada ....

Edited by China Garden
  • Like 3

Michel and Albert?

Wow,that's impressive.

I remember buying there pastry book back in the mid 80's and trying to make some deserts.

Awesome news.Nice catch.

Yes they are idols of mine too, I saw numerous pictures of Gerry with Michel & Albert at various events, once he arrived I'll see if he will let me post a couple on here. The food he can prepare in simply amazing, classically French trained but a complete understanding of modern techniques ....   Dont worry we wont sever a big white plate with 2 grams of protein like "Noma restaurant" !!  

To bump this thread and to add a little more info.

Went over to Pender Island on Sunday for dinner.

Ordered the burger special with,shock horror,broccoli and cheese soup.

Awesome burger.Bacon cheeseburger with onion rings.image.jpgimage.jpg

You can see the squashage factor is good.Hand prints in the bun show the freshness.image.jpg

Awesome taste,very fresh ingredients.image.jpg

Soup was good as well.Very tasty.

I give this burger a solid 8.5 out of ten.

And just cause I can,I finished it off with half a dozen hot wings.Now there's a whole other thread.Hot wings.

China Garden has good hot wings and that's a whole other ball game.

Fuck it.image.jpg

The view.image.jpg

The run back just because it's so beautiful.image.jpg

• Like 2

Can't beat the burger, the view, and the boat ride adds to the dining experience.