IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Sorry to be negative but the soi Lengkee/soi Bukhao area is not ideal for your type of establishment or pricing,you open at 17.00 and close at 23.00-I pass by daily and the place looks great-next door you have Jockey,s which is doing OK due to a regular clientel and good value daily specials-the money you have spent refurbishing must be a tidy sum..............................I wish you luck but :WhoSaw1:

Sorry to be negative but the soi Lengkee/soi Bukhao area is not ideal for your type of establishment or pricing,you open at 17.00 and close at 23.00-I pass by daily and the place looks great-next door you have Jockey,s which is doing OK due to a regular clientel and good value daily specials-the money you have spent refurbishing must be a tidy sum..............................I wish you luck but :WhoSaw1:

Time will tell I guess, Beefeaters is one street away and does a roaring trade. Personally I like Soi Lengkee and it has a lot of passing trade....

Cheap food in my opinion is done to death, last thing we need is another 99 Baht Fish & Chip and Cottage pie place, but as I say "I might be wrong" 

We had a table of 4 in last night, ordered 2 bottles of wine, starters, steaks, desserts ... the bill came to 6000 Baht ...and on the other end a single guy came in had a Wagyu 180g Burger, french fries & coke and the bill was 345 Baht 

Edited by China Garden

That steak pictures also comes with a choice of "side dish & sauce"... that just how its plated minus the sides!   Believe me there is plenty to eat

I am not trying to knock you, I think what you have done is amazing, and the restaurant design looks fantastic, and the prices for imported steaks look unbeatable

Just said in my original post, I personally don't like that style of plate dressing, usually means the plates are going to be cold for one thing, we will be in soon for dinner 

I recently left China Gardens the hotel (booked quite solidly), and wondered why the restaurant was closed,

My advise for discerning customers who want the best is a hot plate, or a cast iron sizzling plate. I saw the kitchen staff

being trained by a diligent and intelligent proprietor. Hope he goes well. If he has white plates, then I presume potato dumplings to go. Right now there are displaced persons wanting a meal like 'home' and sure he will deliver. 

Time will tell I guess, Beefeaters is one street away and does a roaring trade. Personally I like Soi Lengkee and it has a lot of passing trade....

Cheap food in my opinion is done to death, last thing we need is another 99 Baht Fish & Chip and Cottage pie place, but as I say "I might be wrong" 

We had a table of 4 in last night, ordered 2 bottles of wine, starters, steaks, desserts ... the bill came to 6000 Baht ...and on the other end a single guy came in had a Wagyu 180g Burger, french fries & coke and the bill was 345 Baht 

I,m not suggesting "cheap food" is the route to go down but I must question your research in opening this type of restaurant in soi Lengkee-which I know well-many others are struggling for customers in this same road in what is the lowest of low seasons for many years.........................as I said before I wish you well :GoldenSmile1:

double post

Edited by petermik

I am not trying to knock you, I think what you have done is amazing, and the restaurant design looks fantastic, and the prices for imported steaks look unbeatable

Just said in my original post, I personally don't like that style of plate dressing, usually means the plates are going to be cold for one thing, we will be in soon for dinner 

Your right to mention it, we opened up the glass in the kitchen and installed a "pass" for the chef, each shelf has 2 heaters built in for keeping the plates warm (note the yellow warning stickers)... with a European chefs we would get the basics right

DSC_0656.JPG

Edited by China Garden

I,m not suggesting "cheap food" is the route to go down but I must question your research in opening this type of restaurant in soi Lengkee-which I know well-many others are struggling for customers in this same road in what is the lowest of low seasons for many years.........................as I said before I wish you well :GoldenSmile1:

Thank you kindly.. we will try our very best! 

I recently left China Gardens the Hotel (booked quite solidly), and wondered why the restaurant was closed,

My advise for discerning customers who want the best is a hot plate, or a cast iron sizzling plate. I saw the kitchen staff

being trained by a diligent and intelligent proprietor. Hope he goes well. If he has white plates, then I presume potato dumplings to go. Right now there are displaced persons wanting a meal like 'home' and sure he will deliver. 

Thank you, we did put a lot of effort in to the training, still things to learn and repetition is now they key but I think we are heading in the right direction.  

I think this is going to be a good business. Soi LengKee is the question mark.

Yes it is cheap charlie country but right next to the booming LK Metro area...What will it be like in 5 years?

He has set up many restaurants and this one is his best effort regarding restaurant, menu and staff

Will take time though to build clientele.

I don't think it is cheap Charlie country at all. I think it is smart arsed members area.

Great place to stay, not too noisy and away from booming LK Metro. Smart people stay down here not cheap charlies. >>>> that is my opinion.

P.S.Can ye all please keep the noise down from November 21st for a few weeks as I will be busy at work in the Jacuzzi upstairs !!!!

It is a great place to stay I stay on that soi...just saying the people that stay in the area would generally spend less on meals than people in a more upmarket area.

Maybe,,, but as a seasoned traveller here in pattaya I think this is the value area and spending a few quid on a nice meal wouldn't be a problem.

I accept your point but we rich cute boys hang out here,,, Don't tell the rest !!!

The cute boys hang out around Soi 13/4  :rolleyes:

Edited by ertert

The decor looks fantastic!

Going to a restaurant such as this is often an evening out rather than just somewhere to eat and be on your way as the majority of places are in Pattaya.  The group with the 2 bottles of wine and 6K bill are an example.  I think a lot of guys will look at heading there once or twice over two week holiday.  Hope it is a great success.

I don't think it is cheap Charlie country at all. I think it is smart arsed members area.

Great place to stay, not too noisy and away from booming LK metro. Smart people stay down here not cheap charlies. >>>> that is my opinion.

P.S.Can ye all please keep the noise down from November 21st for a few weeks as I will be busy at work in the Jacuzzi upstairs !!!!

I agree.

Those thinking that it's in the wrong spot are out of their minds.

It will get three meals in three weeks from me,if it's good,rather than riding all the way down to Mantra,Cafe de Amis etc.

I stay near there,now I can eat near there.Perfect.

The cute boys hang out around Soi 13/4  :rolleyes:

Actually by the sounds of it,they hang around on Soi Bhuakao just up the street.

Just have to watch their stilettos.

I have stayed at china garden and the lk lengkee buckow area in every trip but one. Great area, and the Beefeater and others are very close.there is definitely a market for another steakhouse in the area, as the others do VERY well. As far as a previous comment about a cheap Charlie area?????? Good luck and see you soon. Perhaps opening in low season isn't so bad as the staff can get the bugs out before high season.

I agree with all the comments posted, it will take some time to build our reputation but every new business has that challenge. We want people to come in and spend an evening with us, enjoy good company, good food & good wine... yes its probably once a month occasion for Pattaya residents or perhaps a couple of times if your on holiday.

Eventually we will have a "lunch time menu" & "kids menu" .....& probably a Sunday roast to be proud of, it just takes a little bit of time and perseverance 

I agree with all the comments posted, it will take some time to build our reputation but every new business has that challenge. We want people to come in and spend an evening with us, enjoy good company, good food & good wine... yes its probably once a month occasion for Pattaya residents or perhaps a couple of times if your on holiday.

Eventually we will have a "lunch time menu" & "kids menu" .....& probably a Sunday roast to be proud of, it just takes a little bit of time and perseverance

Awesome attitude.

And remember,it is impossible to to be everything to everyone.

You can never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.

There are some that you simply cannot please.

Looks good, plan to try it this weekend.

• Like 1

Can't wait for my stay at CG in January with the restaurant downstairs

it makes it all the better although I would have liked the original plan of Mexican food on the menu,however the menu looks great and I will probably eat 2/3 evening meals during my stay and if a breakfast menu is up and running by then also a good few of them.

Reading these threads you deserve it to be a success with the hard work and thought you have put in.

Good luck,Chris.