IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Forget "French Fries", how about hand cut, twice cooked chips served in this with Garlic Aioli & Tomato Ketchup

Now we are talking,

I hope you will let the customer the oppotunity to choose, between " French Fries " and hand cut..... ones

Edited by TinTin

The subject of burger design seems to have gone quiet on this thread recently.

This important topic needs to be re-opened.

I was watching a TV prog on Italy yesterday (Italy unpacked).

In it, an Italian chef and British art critic tour the country.

They were in Milan discussing the Italian Futurist movement of the early 20th century.

One of its members had decided to apply futurist ideas to food.

So he redesigned the sandwich with the filling on the outside.

e.g. a piece of bread with a slab of salami on either side.

So here it is - the xdrt33 Italian Futurist burger!

One slice of bread (toasted), with a beef pattie on either side.

Too messy? Outside each burger place a single iceberg lettuce leaf - problem solved.

Other burger ingredients can be placed at various locations between lettuce / pattie / bread.

Apart from being futuristic, this also delivers a double burger in a relatively thin package.

This one's got to be a winner - I look forward with confidence to this appearing on the Steak & Co menu.

PS. The Canadian version will be served with soup :)

Now we are talking,

I hope you will let the customer the oppotunity to choose, between " French Fries " and hand cut..... ones

Chef Gerry offers twice cooked hand cut chips, if you prefer french fries we are happy to offer them but they will be store bought rather then hand cut.

The subject of burger design seems to have gone quiet on this thread recently.

This important topic needs to be re-opened.

I was watching a TV prog on Italy yesterday (Italy unpacked).

In it, an Italian chef and British art critic tour the country.

They were in Milan discussing the Italian Futurist movement of the early 20th century.

One of its members had decided to apply futurist ideas to food.

So he redesigned the sandwich with the filling on the outside.

e.g. a piece of bread with a slab of salami on either side.

So here it is - the xdrt33 Italian Futurist burger!

One slice of bread (toasted), with a beef pattie on either side.

Too messy? Outside each burger place a single iceberg lettuce leaf - problem solved.

Other burger ingredients can be placed at various locations between lettuce / pattie / bread.

Apart from being futuristic, this also delivers a double burger in a relatively thin package.

This one's got to be a winner - I look forward with confidence to this appearing on the Steak & Co menu.

PS. The Canadian version will be served with soup :)

Burgers.... The chef has chosen an Angus & Wagyu patty "pre-made" from Choice Food @ 180 grams, I am going to wait for the feedback on the burgers.... we have the meat grinder ready to make our own if the feedback isn't what I am hoping for.... the jury is out on this one! But I am really open to change on this one...

The cleaners are in Monday for a "deep clean, we are training the 6 new waitresses all next week! The chilled Australian grass fed Black Angus beef arrives Thursday

We will open 7 pm on Thursday 15th August for business

I will endeavour to post the menu in the next couple of day with prices 

• Like 2

The cleaners are in Monday for a "deep clean, we are training the 6 new waitresses all next week! The chilled Australian grass fed Black Angus beef arrives Thursday

Looking forward to coming in for a bite :D

Book me a table for at least 4 on opening night and will firm up numbers in a couple of days

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Then we can start on the breakfast menu ;)

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Burgers.... The chef has chosen an Angus & Wagyu patty "pre-made" from Choice Food @ 180 grams, I am going to wait for the feedback on the burgers.... we have the meat grinder ready to make our own if the feedback isn't what I am hoping for.... the jury is out on this one! But I am really open to change on this one...

After all the talk and debate and hiring two "high" class chefs your buying in burgers??,

WTF alarm bells are ringing for me already mate. :(

After all the talk and debate and hiring two "high" class chefs your buying in burgers??,

High-class burger experience m8 :GoldenSmile1:  :Think1:

You need to consult a decent calendar.   :Think1:

A bit late for this tip but I like to see the uncooked steak on display usually in a refrigerated glass cabinet/counter so I can chose my preferred steak...

Yeah alarm bells ringing on the burger shows lack of interest in the quality of the burger / laziness any home cook knows that a

pre-made patty is going to be full of filler / lower quality ingredients to maximize profit...

BUT! I agree let him roll with what he wants and assess on your thoughts and customer input. He may be thinking quality is good enough and will be more profitable which is good for business yes?

Hell I'll be giving it a try so

I did some market research for you China Garden, visited Koh Chang and found this steakhouse offering food. Needless to say, the menu made me run 50 miles.

2014-07-30 002 2014-07-30 017 (1024x768).jpg

ummm

whats wrong with the waitresses you had in China Gardens ? everytime i went there for a meal i was more than happy with the service 

Edited by dayo202

Dayo...

I will help train the cute ones!!

Whats the barfine?

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

A bit late for this tip but I like to see the uncooked steak on display usually in a refrigerated glass cabinet/counter so I can chose my preferred steak...

Yeah alarm bells ringing on the burger shows lack of interest in the quality of the burger / laziness any home cook knows that a

pre-made patty is going to be full of filler / lower quality ingredients to maximize profit...

BUT! I agree let him roll with what he wants and assess on your thoughts and customer input. He may be thinking quality is good enough and will be more profitable which is good for business yes?

So they will be a frozen product ?

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Damn, I was off by a couple weeks--I think I took the beginning of September.

We look forward to seeing you and getting your feedback!

whats wrong with the waitresses you had in China Gardens ? everytime i went there for a meal i was more than happy with the service 

China Garden only had 3 waitresses ...which I kept and paid their salary for the past 3 months although they didn't work. We just needed more with the hope doing a lot more business! 

Hasn't this place been advertising on the English language channels in Pattaya recently, or am I confusing it with another steak place on Soi Lengkee? If it has, the impression being given is that it is already open for business.

It's not us, we haven't advertised except on this forum, we probably will use TV advertising in High Season