Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Not bad !!!! 

C63CFAC9-9D8C-40C4-9682-7044C920743D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Not bad !!!! 

C63CFAC9-9D8C-40C4-9682-7044C920743D.jpeg

For me Mctominay over Fred & Greenwood over Cavani, use Cavani from the bench or rotate & keep them all fresh.

This could also be massive for Greenwood, watching, training & playing alongside CR7. 

At the rate Greenwood is improving by the time Ronaldo leaves he could be the next main man of OT.

Just when we thought the camel jockeys (Abu Dhabi FC) were gonna snaffle him Ronnie comes home.

Viva Ronaldo

9 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Just when we thought the camel jockeys (Abu Dhabi FC) were gonna snaffle him Ronnie comes home.

Viva Ronaldo

And and a reported 13 mil+add ons it seems a steal....

• Sad 1

Varane & Sancho starting,  should be interesting & a hard test away at Wolves today.

Greenwood again! We were hanging on but that's a good 3 points. 

• Like 1

We've got the ABU nation raging again, Ronnies coming home...looking good.

23 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Greenwood again! We were hanging on but that's a good 3 points. 

We were shyte overall but picked up the points....!

If the reported 30 mil deal for James going to Leeds goes through it is the best bit of transfer business we have done for some time....😛

29 minutes ago, petermik said:

If the reported 30 mil deal for James going to Leeds goes through it is the best bit of transfer business we have done for some time....😛

Sadly David didn’t fulfill his promise at Old Trafford , I think not his fault , United style of playing didn’t suit him , he never gave up trying his best ever since he joined United . Still a good footballer in his own right  , might suit him better at Leeds with a different football style . Wish him every success at Leeds ( except against us of course 😊 ) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jocky king said:

Sadly David didn’t fulfill his promise at Old Trafford , I think not his fault , United style of playing didn’t suit him , he never gave up trying his best ever since he joined United . Still a good footballer in his own right  , might suit him better at Leeds with a different football style . Wish him every success at Leeds ( except against us of course 😊 ) 

It’s Daniel not David , embarrassing error on my side .. 🙄

• Haha 1

Yes, very likable guy and a hard worker. It'd be nice to offload a few more and pick up a CDM here in 23rd hour...

12 hours ago, petermik said:

11 hours ago, jocky king said:

7 hours ago, jocky king said:

It’s Daniel not David , embarrassing error on my side .. 🙄

I think Leeds got a good player there. As Jockety says he just didnt fit in at United but that didnt make him a bad player.

I really wish Arsenal had gone for him

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Dan James was never gonna cut it at Utd but seems like a good kid and always gave his best.

Good luck to him.

Just need Declan Rice now and game on.

• 2 weeks later...

A Ronaldo double fires Utd to the top of the premier League! 

This could easily be a headline from 2007 yet here we are, back to the future.

2 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Shirt sales already covered his transfer fee !!

No they haven't - a lot of that money goes to the shirt manufacturer as Simon Jordan pointed out on TalkSport - but for sure over the season merchandise will cover his transfer fee

13 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Shirt sales already covered his transfer fee !!

10 hours ago, socrates said:

No they haven't - a lot of that money goes to the shirt manufacturer as Simon Jordan pointed out on TalkSport - but for sure over the season merchandise will cover his transfer fee

image.png.241f7f16102821a2f0828cb75decdaba.png

Hope this settles the issue.......

image.png

Edited by petermik

3 hours ago, petermik said:

image.png.241f7f16102821a2f0828cb75decdaba.png

Hope this settles the issue.......

image.png

Other reports say different

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cristiano-ronaldo-man-utd-shirts-21485207

United get 7% on a £60 shirt which works out at £4.20 per unit. The cost of Ronaldo is £12m transfer fee (minimum) plus wages of £20m a year. Total cost £52m over 2 years. The club would have to sell 12.4m additional shirts to pay for his recruitment.

Disregarding the TOTAL fee - they would need to have sold 3 million shirts so far to cover the fee - thats a tall order

BUT

As I said 100% of his fee +++ will be covered over the course of time - that is why it made sense to recruit him - besides  obviously his other skills on the pitch

Edited by socrates

And for anyone interested - and can be bothered to listen - this podcast is fascinating

This episode of Football Stories is all about numbers as Jim chats to the man with the stats when it comes to football finance, Kieran Maguire.

Kieran is the man behind Price of Football - delving deep into the world of agents fee's and director loans. He is a teacher, author and podcast host, alongside comedian Kevin Day, for the Price of Football podcast (which is great).

He talks about (amongst other things) some of the merky deals he's encounters, how Manchester City avoiding punishment for FFP and whether West Ham's owners are as bad as they seem.

https://podfollow.com/1535055585/episode/7ff294e9cd27507f12f168470ad028cf96d5888e/view

I'm just happy as hell he's here. He's a winner and has the ability to raise the level of any team he plays for.

Great to see CR7 back & I believe he will lift the players take pressure of them & help all round.

May be he can influence a manager who is far from the real deal.

The world class holding midfielder they did not sign will come back to hurt  them big time.

Liverpools, Chelsea, & Man Citys general play is better so far.

Interesting season but CR7 will find half the squad is not good enough.

Progba will be found out as a general pile of shit with a bad attitude by CR7.

• Like 1

Ole is being found out to be totally lacking in tactical awareness. He and his coaching staff need to be replaced pretty soon. Don't think we've got a cat in hells chance of the league or champions league with them in place.

I hope I'm completely wrong but very much doubt it.

61BFFD9A-B328-4525-BCD3-84EB2AF3A8BA.jpeg

"You have won a lot of trophies but you have not won the Europa League yet. I'm gonna get you that"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”