IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

On 14/09/2021 at 22:33, Eric Le Roi said:

Ole is being found out to be totally lacking in tactical awareness. He and his coaching staff need to be replaced pretty soon. Don't think we've got a cat in hells chance of the league or champions league with them in place.

I hope I'm completely wrong but very much doubt it.

Is anyone still in any doubt.

Apparently, the board is in limbo. Can't quite find unanimity in appointing Conte & letting OGS go.

Possibly, Spurs & Atalanta, the games Ole needs to win to stave off the sack. Will the players respond.

................................................................................................................

News coming out of OT tonight that negotiations for a new contract have ended & Pogba will be leaving on a free at the end of the season.

Won't be sold in January either & apparently Utd have had enough of trying to get him to sign a new deal.

It's obvious he's wanted out for a while, talent was never an issue but application & attitude was, I won't be sad to see him leave.

Would love to see us go & sign Bellingham, whether he would want to come is another matter.

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

It's obvious he's wanted out for a while, talent was never an issue but application & attitude was

Would love to see us go & sign Bellingham, whether he would want to come is another matter.

… and the bloody agent.

Agree Bellingham will be a hot property and see City, Chelsea and all the usual suspects making noises. Sadly Arsenal can’t manage a whimper 😪 

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

It's that "man" again :D

................................................................................................................

I think Ole owes a big thank you to Spurs who were woefull.

Cavani really led from the front, brilliant pressing & worked tirelessly, next week will be slightly more testing as we welcome City.

Ole cannot afford another OT capitulation, he needs to get his tactics right & try to unsettle them from the 1st whistle.

We can't let City dictate & set the tempo, if they go ahead & we have to chase the game we could be looking at another beating.

On 31/10/2021 at 18:49, Baxidar ba said:

I think Ole owes a big thank you to Spurs who were woefull.

Cavani really led from the front, brilliant pressing & worked tirelessly, next week will be slightly more testing as we welcome City.

Ole cannot afford another OT capitulation, he needs to get his tactics right & try to unsettle them from the 1st whistle.

We can't let City dictate & set the tempo, if they go ahead & we have to chase the game we could be looking at another beating.

Ole should thank Levy too for taking away that 'sword' named Conte hanging over him.

• Like 1

Awful display yet again from United.

Ole is clueless and clearly not up to the job (coaching staff included)

Viva Ronaldo, the greatest of all time.

• Like 1

Funny quote I read earlier on the beer today suggesting ManU will play 11 at the back against City.

It was obviously a joke but I do feel they will be looking at damage limitation or they are likely to get another hiding. Especially as City will be smarting a bit after their first loss.

Ronaldo papering over the cracks again last night.

Maguire absolutely awful & Wan-Bissaka looking lost at wingback, disinterested & abject are just 2 words that spring to mind when assessing Pogba's performance.

Back 5 + Mcfred = 7 defence minded players v City, but as those players are clearly not well drilled or coached it's just about getting enough bodies at the back to make it congested enough to  keep the score down.

With Conte now at Spurs it's almost a certainty that Ole will see the season out due to all the other top managers already being employed.

It will be the ultimate revenge for Moyes should he manage the Hammers to that last CL place, the way they (& we) are playing I wouldn't bet against it.

• Thanks 1

Kick off soon, I'm not expecting us to beat City (hoping though), I just want us to play with some structure & a well defined game plan. 

let's not be completely clueless & suffer another humiliation, make a game of it. If we lose to the better team fair enough, but just show some pride & passion.

Don't let them swan around with 80% possession whilst we chase shadows, let's get about them & let them know they're in a game.

• Sad 1

For anyone who didn't watch today's game 0-2 extremely flattered us.

City were in complete control, it was like a training match & if not for De Gea we could have been 5 down by half time.

It was a listless performance, devoid of energy or urgency, we surrendered & meekly accepted a  defeat.

If you go down you may as well go down swinging, we didn't lay a glove on City today, we were hopeless.

• Haha 1

Just now, Baxidar ba said:

For anyone who didn't watch today's game 0-2 extremely flattered us.

City were in complete control, it was like a training match & if not for De Gea we could have been 5 down by half time.

It was a listless performance, devoid of energy or urgency, we surrendered & meekly accepted a  defeat.

If you go down you may as well go down swinging, we didn't lay a glove on City today, we were hopeless.

City were just taking the piss 2nd half so a bright start to a game became a bit boring for us neutrals. Don’t think City used a sub which shows what a canter it was.

7 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Don’t think City used a sub which shows what a canter it was.

And of the Man U subs, Sancho and Van Der Beek showed what a colossal waste of money they are...

• Like 1

9 people can't make a baby in one month

As a West Ham fan - and now Conte has gone to Spurs - and with Fergie so influential - I am a tad worried Man United might approach Moyes again - I could be way off the mark - but football is a funny game ...

Edited by socrates

Absolutely. Fucking. Destroyed.

Hark now hear the City sing, united ran away!!

CITY CITY CITY

What a state we are in.

Didn't expect to beat Abu Dhabi FC today but that was abysmal.

United ran away 555 yeah right pal.

ONE LOVE MUFC

Ok, lets keep it at friendly banter. No need to get nasty. Post hidden.

image.png

Not sure where we go from here. The blueprint is there for how to beat us. We have a weak midfield - it can't help us defensively and it can't retain possession to help us offensively. 

17 minutes ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Not sure where we go from here. The blueprint is there for how to beat us. We have a weak midfield - it can't help us defensively and it can't retain possession to help us offensively. 

Completely agree & it's the 1 part of the team that should be well coached seeing as Mike Phelan, Darren Fletcher & Michael Carrick are all currently employed at the club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Completely agree & it's the 1 part of the team that should be well coached seeing as Mike Phelan, Darren Fletcher & Michael Carrick are all currently employed at the club.

As an outsider looking in you do have to wonder if resolving the Pogba issue would help. Sure, he’s quality but he’s disruptive, or his issues are at last. Thinking back to Liverpool selling Coutinho really - the fans wanted hm to stay etc but getting rid allowed them to move things on. 

6 hours ago, whitespider said:

As an outsider looking in you do have to wonder if resolving the Pogba issue would help. Sure, he’s quality but he’s disruptive, or his issues are at last. Thinking back to Liverpool selling Coutinho really - the fans wanted hm to stay etc but getting rid allowed them to move things on. 

I actually remember having a conversation over 10 years ago with a fellow Utd fan.

It was when Fergie let a then teenage Pogba leave the club even though Scholes was close to retirement.

At the time it made no sense but it's all too clear now, Pogba is not who you want to rely on when things are tough.

The epitome of the modern day footballer, stupid hairstyles, greedy agent & more interested in likes on twitter than trophies. 

He's a complete waste of space & the sooner her departs OT the better.

19 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

I actually remember having a conversation over 10 years ago with a fellow Utd fan.

It was when Fergie let a then teenage Pogba leave the club even though Scholes was close to retirement.

At the time it made no sense but it's all too clear now, Pogba is not who you want to rely on when things are tough.

The epitome of the modern day footballer, stupid hairstyles, greedy agent & more interested in likes on twitter than trophies. 

He's a complete waste of space & the sooner her departs OT the better.

Ive given the post a like not cos im a manu fan, but because it epitomises whats wrong with some modern day footballers.

Edited by vimto66
  • Like 3

I think the 18 month contract Levy negotiated with Conte was smart business. United’s handling of contracts with both managers and players is a joke. We can’t clear the deadwood because of high wages and Ole like Jose before him got new contracts and everything went downhill after their renewals.

I think Ole didn’t do too bad in the transfer market but he didn’t have the tactical awareness of how to use his signings. His ignorance towards Donny Van  der Beek and his loyalty towards deadwood like Lingard will cost him his job. Whoever the new United manager will be, will inherit a better team than Moyes, LVG, and Jose. Interesting times ahead.

• Like 3