IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Very hard to predict what's going to happen going forward.

The fans will continue to turn if things don't improve, but the Glaziers are happy with 4th which Ole can probably just about manage.

I'm wondering how long before Ronaldo has a major meltdown, he didn't re-sign to spend his final few years in the comfort zone trophy less.

Ole will always be a legend & it wouldn't be good to see the atmosphere at OT turn toxic.

The sort of contracts the managers are on now it's pretty unlikely any of them walk away & kiss goodbye to a multi million pound pay day.

Edited by Baxidar ba

I assume CR7 perceives he has two more good years left in him at the top level. Will he waste a year if he sees there's no tangible chance of premium hardware. He walked out at Juve not willing to slog in a transition year.

................................................................................................................

Last season at this point they were in 14th place at 3-1-3 and STILL finished in 2nd place and came within penalty kicks of winning the Europa League. 

It's still early. We DO need some work. But it's still early. It's a marathon (God, is it a marathon), not a sprint.

Performance in the second half & the ensuing result shows that the players have it in themselves to turn on the style when they want it. Ole needs to find a way to get that spirit consistently turned on.

................................................................................................................

A game of 2 halves if ever there was one.

Lets hope for more of the 2nd half stuff on sunday.

Viva Ronaldo.

I've got a bad feeling about Sunday, the balance of the team & midfield in particular is off & Ole still doesn't seem to know his strongest 11. 

We can't put in a 1st half performance like last night against Liverpool on sunday.

On 17/10/2021 at 02:52, Baxidar ba said:

Very hard to predict what's going to happen going forward.

The fans will continue to turn if things don't improve, but the Glaziers are happy with 4th which Ole can probably just about manage.

I'm wondering how long before Ronaldo has a major meltdown, he didn't re-sign to spend his final few years in the comfort zone trophy less.

Ole will always be a legend & it wouldn't be good to see the atmosphere at OT turn toxic.

The sort of contracts the managers are on now it's pretty unlikely any of them walk away & kiss goodbye to a multi million pound pay day.

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

Terrible, awful & abysmal but enough about @taylor1975's trainer collection.

We were completely lacking in every department, this team is completely without direction & leadership.

I'm not sure where Ole goes from here, hate to say it about a club legend but I think his time maybe up.

Just amazed it only ended 5-0, after 4-0 at half-time & Man U down to 10 in the 2nd half

Could have been a lot worse than it was

4 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

Just amazed it only ended 5-0, after 4-0 at half-time & Man U down to 10 in the 2nd half

Could have been a lot worse than it was

Agreed. Liverpool seemed happy to conserve energy for the last half an hour or so. The pressure's really on OGS now.

If Keane was playing, he would have taken Salah's ankle along with the red card with him.

4 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

If Keane was playing, he would have taken Salah's ankle along with the red card with him.

Been alot of talk about who could be the next manager, most of the top coaches are already at clubs.

If Ole goes & we decided to  appoint an interim boss until the end of the season we could give Keane a go.

If nothing else it would shake up the dressing room & give a kick up the arse to certain players happily operating in the comfort zone.

• Like 1

Conte is totally available - and it has been rumoured he's been holding out for the Man United job -  Sir Alex should be on the phone to him today - sorry to say but Ole isn't an elite manager - and he isn't up to this job - the change needs to come immediately - for me Pogba needs to go too

Edited by socrates

17 minutes ago, socrates said:

Conteh is totally available - and it has been rumoured he's been holding out for the Man United job -  Sir Alex should be on the phone to him today - sorry to say but Ole isn't an elite manager - and he isn't up to this job - the change needs to come immediately - for me Pogba needs to go too

Allegedly Conte turned down an interview with Newcastle because he was hoping for the ManU job. That’s probably “gossip” but wouldn’t surprise me.

I am NOT a Man U fan I should say. Like many people I rather like Ole, strikes me as a decent fella. However he is simply not in the same mould as the Tuchels and Klopps of this world.

Quite an interesting suggestion from Dion Dublin (I think) yesterday. Ole seems to be able to get signings done so maybe make him Director of Football. Let him do what he’s good at but free up the managers job for a guy with more experience and more of the strengths a modern top flight manager needs.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

@socrates yes Conte is the standout of the current available managers currently without a club.

He doesn't tend to stay in jobs long though, will have a couple of great seasons & move on.

think the owners are looking at having a manager in for the long-term.

He will demand a big transfer budget & if he doesn't get what he wants he'll have no problem venting unlike Ole.

The owners are unlikely to employ such a combustible character, his football tends to be on the cautious side also, he's best qualified to take on Kloop, Tuchel & Pep but it probably won't happen.

Finally there's Ole's wages, he's only just signed a 3 year contract worth £5 mil a year, I don't see him walking away & it's hard to see the Glaziers paying him up in full to leave.

4 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

@socrates yes Conte is the standout of the current available managers currently without a club.

He doesn't tend to stay in jobs long though, will have a couple of great seasons & move on.

think the owners are looking at having a manager in for the long-term.

He will demand a big transfer budget & if he doesn't get what he wants he'll have no problem venting unlike Ole.

The owners are unlikely to employ such a combustible character, his football tends to be on the cautious side also, he's best qualified to take on Kloop, Tuchel & Pep but it probably won't happen.

Finally there's Ole's wages, he's only just signed a 3 year contract worth £5 mil a year, I don't see him walking away & it's hard to see the Glaziers paying him up in full to leave.

I am sorry but money doesn't come into it  - plus the current situation is beyond unacceptable - even its for 2-3 years  

5 minutes ago, socrates said:

I am sorry but money doesn't come into it  - plus the current situation is beyond unacceptable - even its for 2-3 years  

Yes the situation is unacceptable & I don't want to think what City will do to us in 2 weeks.

But can't agree that "money doesn't come into it". From a fans perspective possibly not but the Glaziers aren't fans.

They are business men & based in the States, bottom line is whilst 4th & CL qualification is still possible then Ole probably keeps his job.

The Glaziers couldn't care less about anything else, they are not affected by the mood in OT or the fans anger, Ole is & it's what he's paid £5mil a year to deal with.

I could be wrong & I do think now is the time to go, he's taken us as far as he can & I can only see regression from here on in.

Whether the Glaziers agree or even care is another matter entirely.

6 hours ago, socrates said:

Conte is totally available - and it has been rumoured he's been holding out for the Man United job -  Sir Alex should be on the phone to him today - sorry to say but Ole isn't an elite manager - and he isn't up to this job - the change needs to come immediately - for me Pogba needs to go too

Conte would seem to be the rational choice, but he generally sits on gunpowder with lighter in hand.

If necessary, he will not hesitate to blow the place up before he leaves. Loyalty or club love seems alien to him. Strange, because he was an elite player himself.

Like Mourinho, I can see him falling out with 'comfort zone' players within 6-8 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Conte would seem to be the rational choice, but he generally sits on gunpowder with lighter in hand.

If necessary, he will not hesitate to blow the place up before he leaves. Loyalty or club love seems alien to him. Strange, because he was an elite player himself.

Like Mourinho, I can see him falling out with 'comfort zone' players within 6-8 months.

Fair points. I’d not considered the similarity to Maureen but thinking about it yes.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Amazing ole got the job at all. When he does eventually leave utd he's not going to be offered any sort of a management role with a top club, he won't get anywhere near it. All of the managers he is up against would be snatched up by any of the top elite clubs in europe..ole, not so much, he'd be very fortunate to get a middling championship club, which is his level, right now. Maybe 5 years he could be a top manager, utd don't have that. Look at southgate, another mediocre manager who fluked a job! Championship and lower league managers abound, these two are no better than warnock or pardew.

Oh, and one other thing, these elite managers generally show themselves early doors, I think they all win stuff quick..ole hasn't done that..sometimes you either have it or you just don't.

Edited by rope-a-dope

Several media outlets reporting tonight that Conte has been approached about taking over as manager.

This seems to have been leaked by someone on the inside of OT, looks like a change is imminent.

I would prefer Erik Ten Haag, the current Ajax manager to take over.

He fits the bill in terms of age profile, tactical know-how, attacking mindset. The Ajax teams play some very good football in the UCL.

Never having managed in the EPL is a drawback, but you can only start somewhere.

Compensation wise don't think it will break the bank to prise him away from Ajax.