IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

12 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

I think the 18 month contract Levy negotiated with Conte was smart business. United’s handling of contracts with both managers and players is a joke. We can’t clear the deadwood because of high wages and Ole like Jose before him got new contracts and everything went downhill after their renewals.

I think Ole didn’t do too bad in the transfer market but he didn’t have the tactical awareness of how to use his signings. His ignorance towards Donny Van  der Beek and his loyalty towards deadwood like Lingard will cost him his job. Whoever the new United manager will be, will inherit a better team than Moyes, LVG, and Jose. Interesting times ahead.

Excellent post CC.

• 2 weeks later...

The more you see Leicester, devoid of ideas and getting totally outplayed by Chelsea, the more it seems like Brendan Rodgers could be the perfect replacement for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

:GoldenSmile1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Walloped by Watford, it's clear Ole has now lost the dressing room.

We were absolutely awful, VDB was our best outfield player which begs the question as to why he's been sat on the bench all season.

A change must be coming, it has to be. Surely the Glaziers have to take action now.

Honestly, this is just getting cruel now. Ole out of his depth and too many players not responding to him.

Difficult to know who could sort them out though.

According to the Sunday Times:

Manchester United have called an emergency board meeting to discuss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s dismissal as manager in the wake of the club’s debilitating 4-1 loss at relegation-threatened Watford. The Sunday Times understands the virtual meeting has been scheduled for 7pm with Solskjaer’s compensation terms on its agenda.

Solskjaer, 48, has now won just four games in 13 and the collapse in form has been dramatic with the defeat at Vicarage Road following back-to-back home defeats to bitter rivals Manchester City and Liverpool.

The Glazer family has also instructed club officials to further accelerate attempts to persuade Zinedine Zidane to take over the managerial position mid-season, increasing United’s financial offer to the three-times Champions League winning coach.

As I posted earlier, whoever replaces Ole will have the raw Materials to build something good. If a manager can’t get the best out of Sancho, Van der Beek, Varane, De Gea, Ronaldo, Cavani, and Bruno, then it’s time lo leave management. 

I didnt mention Pogba because he’s been crap for both Jose and Ole. United’s PR spin machine makes me sick as well. Rashford is over rated he’s a good lad, he’s still young enough to prove me wrong. Greenwood, Elanga and Amad’s development has been hampered with the return of Ronaldo. 

Edited by Captain Cockblock

Man United Statement:
"Even though everyone can see we are no good, we are undecided if we are no good. We cannot decide. We need more evidence that we may be useless before deciding anything. The manager retains our unequivocal indecision."

(not the official statement :rolleyes:)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Walloped by Watford, it's clear Ole has now lost the dressing room.

We were absolutely awful, VDB was our best outfield player which begs the question as to why he's been sat on the bench all season.

A change must be coming, it has to be. Surely the Glaziers have to take action now.

Playing with N Matic & Mc Tominay, 2 defensive screen against Watford & still getting overrun. Forget football, these players need boot camp just to run at the PL speed level. 

................................................................................................................

2 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

As I posted earlier, whoever replaces Ole will have the raw Materials to build something good. If a manager can’t get the best out of Sancho, Van der Beek, Varane, De Gea, Ronaldo, Cavani, and Bruno, then it’s time lo leave management. 

I didnt mention Pogba because he’s been crap for both Jose and Ole. United’s PR spin machine makes me sick as well. Rashford is over rated he’s a good lad, he’s still young enough to prove me wrong. Greenwood, Elanga and Amad’s development has been hampered with the return of Ronaldo. 

And you didn’t even mention Fred 😂

I was expecting this morning when I got up to see headlines saying the manager had been sacked

Quite surprised he's still got a job

Watching the game, I couldn't help wondering what sort of performance Claudio Ranieri would have got out of the MU squad had the MU board grabbed him a month or so ago before Watford reappointed him.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

Next couple of games are :

Chelsea (a) & Arsenal (h) after that we've a very favourable run of games :

Palace (h)

Norwich (a) 

Brentford (a) 

Brighton (h)

Newcastle (a) 

Burnley   (h)

Wolves  (h)   

Villa   (a)

I think they waited until this sort of run before Ole replaced Jose, New manager bounce + winnable run of games.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ole is still in charge come the Arsenal game, I know it won't happen with SAF so powerful on the board but if a suitable candidate isn't immediately available how about offering Keane interim & Scholes as assistant.

They've got enough to say on the matter & as things stand this season's a write off anyway, so let's pour some flames on the fire & see if the old midfield duo can do any better.

Yes, Ole has been sacked. Carrick to be in charge for next game but no permanent manager.

An interim manager will be appointed to take charge for the remainder of this season.

It's possible that the guy they want is already contracted to another club & won't be prepared to leave mid season.

• Sad 1

Signing Ronaldo & then writing off a season, how f***g pathetic.

Maybe, the players think they can switch-off & switch on with a new manager. Don't think will be that easy. The spotlight is completely on the squad now, the interim manager will have diddly-squat responsibility.

................................................................................................................

Inevitable that there will be lots of speculation and rumours in the press.

Latest is that Zidane has told them he’s no interested but they might get Pochettino next summer.

I can’t imagine who would take the job just for the next 6 months, unless it’s one of the current coaching staff?

56 minutes ago, davidge said:

Inevitable that there will be lots of speculation and rumours in the press.

Latest is that Zidane has told them he’s no interested but they might get Pochettino next summer.

I can’t imagine who would take the job just for the next 6 months, unless it’s one of the current coaching staff?

Which may well all slot into place longer term as ZiZi seems to be holding out for the PSG job.

Maybe, can look at Joachim Lowe or Jurgen Klinsmaan. Now need both technical/tactical nous and that German structural competence to roger the comfort zone players into shape & get them pressing.

18 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Maybe, can look at Joachim Lowe or Jurgen Klinsmaan. Now need both technical/tactical nous and that German structural competence to roger the comfort zone players into shape & get them pressing.

Everything pointing towards Pochettino being appointed either now or at the end of the season.

PSG reported to have contacted Zidane already as a replacement. SAF known to like Poch & reports in Paris that he's unhappy & wants to come to OT.

I think there's a deal to be done & it wouldn't be a surprise if Poch is appointed the Utd manager in the coming weeks.

He can come and do for United what he did for Spurs over 5 1/2 seasons.

Win ZERO trophies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

He can come and do for United what he did for Spurs over 5 1/2 seasons.

Win ZERO trophies.

Long may it continue. :Clap:

Ralf Rangnick has agreed a 6 month deal to take charge at OT.

Won't get a work visa in time for the Chelsea game but he's expected to start next week.

He's got an impressive CV but so had Jose & LVG, realistically 4th will be a success this season.

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

Ralf Rangnick has agreed a 6 month deal to take charge at OT.

Won't get a work visa in time for the Chelsea game but he's expected to start next week.

He's got an impressive CV but so had Jose & LVG, realistically 4th will be a success this season.

At the start of the season with Ole being the coach & player for player with City-Chelsea-Liverpool, would you say 3rd/4th was the best outcome.