IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

59 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

At the start of the season with Ole being the coach & player for player with City-Chelsea-Liverpool, would you say 3rd/4th was the best outcome.

Realistically yes, there was a good deal of optimism with our 3 new signings but the fact we didn't get a quality CDM + not having a world class coach meant competing with the top 3 was always going to be hard.

I honestly didn't think the season would go this badly though.

Sancho's not been used, Varane's been injury prone, Captain Maguire has been useless, Pogba's done what Pogba does IE not a great deal.

The list of underperforming players is endless & if it wasn't for De Gea who I personally thought was finished but has come good, we'd be in a worse position than we currently are.

We still have alot of talent in this squad & hopefully Rangnick will have the experience & tactical nouse to maximize our potential.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Ralf Rangnick has agreed a 6 month deal to take charge at OT.

Won't get a work visa in time for the Chelsea game but he's expected to start next week.

He's got an impressive CV but so had Jose & LVG, realistically 4th will be a success this season.

Rangnick is a renowned “thinker”. A strategist, widely recognized as the founder of the modern pressing game plus high activity levels I believe. Cited as a major influence by many of today’s top German coaches including Tuchel and Klopp. How his theories will go down with Mr Ronaldo will be interesting.

I have a sneaky feeling he has been lured in by the promise of “further involvement” after the 6 months is up. If I were Darren Fletcher I’d be looking at making sure my CV was up to date.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

9 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Ralf Rangnick has agreed a 6 month deal to take charge at OT.

If they wanted a less well known German manager they should have gone for Christian Titz.

Then we could have a giggle at the “Titz out!” banners after he loses a couple of games.

9 people can't make a baby in one month

41 minutes ago, singalong said:

If they wanted a less well known German manager they should have gone for Christian Titz.

Then we could have a giggle at the “Titz out!” banners after he loses a couple of games.

Lol that’s a belter 😂😂

7 hours ago, whitespider said:

Rangnick is a renowned “thinker”. A strategist, widely recognized as the founder of the modern pressing game plus high activity levels I believe. Cited as a major influence by many of today’s top German coaches including Tuchel and Klopp. How his theories will go down with Mr Ronaldo will be interesting.

I have a sneaky feeling he has been lured in by the promise of “further involvement” after the 6 months is up. If I were Darren Fletcher I’d be looking at making sure my CV was up to date.

I believe he's been offered a 2 year "consultancy" contract on top of the  initial 6 month manager deal.

So looks like the Glaziers are trying to cover all bases, if he's rubbish he'll be moved on at the end of the season. If he's as good as you infer & does really well then there's a good chance he'll be offered the job full time.

1 thing is for absolute certain though, CR7 isn't going to be expending all his energy closing down & tracking back.

Then again the likes of Pogba & Fernandez aren't renowned for their work rate & I've run harder for the bus than Martial has his whole Utd career. 

Hopefully Rangnick can engineer a major attitude adjustment through out the team, alternatively they may just think fook him he's only here for 6 months anyway.

9 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

I believe he's been offered a 2 year "consultancy" contract on top of the  initial 6 month manager deal.

So looks like the Glaziers are trying to cover all bases, if he's rubbish he'll be moved on at the end of the season. If he's as good as you infer & does really well then there's a good chance he'll be offered the job full time.

1 thing is for absolute certain though, CR7 isn't going to be expending all his energy closing down & tracking back.

Then again the likes of Pogba & Fernandez aren't renowned for their work rate & I've run harder for the bus than Martial has his whole Utd career. 

Hopefully Rangnick can engineer a major attitude adjustment through out the team, alternatively they may just think fook him he's only here for 6 months anyway.

If the 2022 WC were to be held at the conventional time in June-July, a lot many Utd players would not display that lackadaisical attitude. They would play for their place in the national team, the likes of Rash, Sancho, VDB, Martial, even Bruno.

However, 2022 WC is in November & in between the 22-23 PL season, by which time Utd could have a totally different permanent boss on the sidelines.

................................................................................................................

Your boys looked much better defending today - maybe because those two chumps, Maguire and Shaw weren't playing?

9 people can't make a baby in one month

After one look at a midfield 3 of McFred & Matic it was obvious we were going to spend most of the game defending which we did.

Credit to Carrick though, he set up the team to do a job & today is a very decent point against the PL leaders.

Next up an easy 3 points against  the Gooners. 

Good point today.

Ralf  Rangnick has got quite a job on his hands but I'm sure he'll be up to the challenge.

Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool Supporters looking at Manchester United current position in the Premier League. :GrinNod1: 

8DB9857F-D6CA-4F39-B687-3054910A1761.jpeg

Do other Manchester United BM’s feel the same about Jurgen Klopp as this Manchester United supporter?

B4D8CA02-BDA1-4C3E-B16D-53A887AB5182.jpeg

The below video is Ralf Rangnick arriving in the United dressing room, setting up his pitch. The dressing room being full of over inflated egos and overpaid dossers. 

Edited by Captain Cockblock

• 3 weeks later...

Best wishes to Reds everywhere.

Still the biggest and best football club in the world.

ONE LOVE MUFC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor v Newcastle last night, the players just didn't work hard enough. Will take a miracle to pip a Conte inspired Spurs to 4th now.

Wonder what the players & coaching staff did in preparation the last 10 days.

................................................................................................................

20 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Wonder what the players & coaching staff did in preparation the last 10 days.

Whatever it was it didn't work, we've played the worst 2 teams in the league recently, lucky to beat Norwich & drawing with Newcastle.

It's early, it's a new coach & a new system but the players don't seem to be responding.

CR7 & Fernandez spent most of the match throwing their arms in the air & whining to the ref, Rangnick is supposed to be big on discipline so things could get interesting in the next few weeks.

14 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

Whatever it was it didn't work, we've played the worst 2 teams in the league recently, lucky to beat Norwich & drawing with Newcastle.

It's early, it's a new coach & a new system but the players don't seem to be responding.

CR7 & Fernandez spent most of the match throwing their arms in the air & whining to the ref, Rangnick is supposed to be big on discipline so things could get interesting in the next few weeks.

D you think both the 1st team players & reserves (likes of Martial, Lingaard, VDB, Mason/Sancho) know Ragnick is a temp appointee & thus not bothering.

It belies professionalism, but this has been going on at Utd for a stretch now.

Paul Neville vented that players like these will get several coaches fired.

• Like 1

Didn't deserve the win at Norwich, very lucky at Newcastle.

This shouldn't be happening with the squad that we have, but with a team showing total lack of spirit, endeavour and leadership this is where we are. Massive job on for Ralf Rangnick.

And by the way since Watford battered us 4-1 they have suffered FIVE consecutive defeats.

Things can only get better (can't they?)

3 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

D you think both the 1st team players & reserves (likes of Martial, Lingaard, VDB, Mason/Sancho) know Ragnick is a temp appointee & thus not bothering.

It belies professionalism, but this has been going on at Utd for a stretch now.

Paul Neville vented that players like these will get several coaches fired.

I'm not sure they'll not bother just because Rangnick is temp.

I just don't think this current squad of players will nesseccarily fit into Rangnick's system. 

Rangnick is all about  high press & high line, having a system is great if you've got the players that suit it.

So Rangnick has to make a change, either he adapts to suit the players he's got or he gets rid & brings in new players.

Problem is he's not the long-term coach , he's been brought in to appoint the next manager & make the transition as smooth as possible while securing 4th place & CL for next season.

The body language of this current team is not good, CR7 looks like he wants out already, Rangnick's got a massive job on to address all of our issues.

10 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

I'm not sure they'll not bother just because Rangnick is temp.

I just don't think this current squad of players will nesseccarily fit into Rangnick's system. 

Rangnick is all about  high press & high line, having a system is great if you've got the players that suit it.

So Rangnick has to make a change, either he adapts to suit the players he's got or he gets rid & brings in new players.

Problem is he's not the long-term coach , he's been brought in to appoint the next manager & make the transition as smooth as possible while securing 4th place & CL for next season.

The body language of this current team is not good, CR7 looks like he wants out already, Rangnick's got a massive job on to address all of our issues.

Forget pressing, they just cannot seem to keep a hold on the ball for more than 3 passes. Rash looks like he's running into a dead end every time. 

Well having struggled against the 2 worst teams in the league we are up against the 3rd worst in Burnley, surely we must win comfortably tonight.