IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

I watched the game in full and as an unbiased observer I thought that Everton stuck manfully to the task for the full 90 minutes . For the first 15 or so minutes it looked like how far United and a few good saves from the Keeper kept Everton in it but then they just seemed to go into their shell after Everton scored and hardly threatened. Agree with you there seemed to be no game plan or patterns of play. A big task for the Gaffer there next year.

image.png

It's not the managers fault. Pep could be coaching these slags and they'd still not score. This team has given up and nothing is going to awaken them. Not this season anyway.

12 hours ago, Jebb said:

I watched the game in full and as an unbiased observer I thought that Everton stuck manfully to the task for the full 90 minutes . For the first 15 or so minutes it looked like how far United and a few good saves from the Keeper kept Everton in it but then they just seemed to go into their shell after Everton scored and hardly threatened. Agree with you there seemed to be no game plan or patterns of play. A big task for the Gaffer there next year.

Yep. After Everton scored they just parked the bus. 

You park the bus on THIS team...its doomed.

1 hour ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

It's not the managers fault. Pep could be coaching these slags and they'd still not score. This team has given up and nothing is going to awaken them. Not this season anyway.

Exactly, they're already on the beach.

3 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Ragnick should concede that & resign then, except for a virtuoso Ronaldo performance against Spurs he has failed in his job role, what's the point in continuing this rot for the remaining 7-8 games, it's not like we have cups to win.

................................................................................................................

bbc tonight reporting that Ten Haag has agreed to take over at Utd on a 4 year deal. 

He's highly rated & he's been preferred to Poch despite having no PL experience, he's got a big challenge on.

Paddy Power on it as well:

BREAKING: Man Utd have reached a verbal agreement with Erik ten Hag to ruin his promising career in under 3 years.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

To be fair to Rangnick he has been very honest about the state of play, and problems ahead for United. I feel lately he has told it as it is because he has not been consulted on everything as he was promised.

He is not a showman with a big ego, and the marketing people at United want to big up players and managers on IG and other socials. I would have no problem in Rangnick being kept on in a consultancy role over Darren Fletcher any day of the week.

• Like 2

There's no reason to believe that Liverpool and City won't dominate again next year, so I hope we don't spend BIG on 2022-23 when really we need to build, looking toward 2023-24 on.

I know it's not a popular position to take, but this team has tried to believe it was just a step away for the last 9 years, when really we haven't been closer than last years illusionary 12 points off the top spot. (When van Dijk missed almost the whole season for Liverpud)

It would make me happy to see this team gutted - and young, fresh talent (considerably cheaper), but MORE hungry to prove themselves, are brought in to build into a team. An ACTUAL team with a real system of play.

Not that there isn't established talent out there we won't bring in. But to be honest I'm curious to see who they bring up from our own younger teams as well as who they bring in that I'm NOT as familiar with.

There's SO MUCH talent out there that ISN'T a brand name on Instagram yet and expecting a huge wage. That's something that I think ETH and Rangnik can do for us. 

We've seen what this team WASN'T able to accomplish with a bunch of prima donnas. I hope they now go a different route.

@Chuck in Bangkok you are absolutely right but the powers that be in your club are going to make Pogba the highest paid player in England. Fucking madness that...

Edited by singalong

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Bit late for April fools surely? Reports tonight that Pogba has been offered a 4 year deal worth £500000 pw.

I must be missing something, what exactly has Pogba done to warrant half a million pounds a week?

If this is correct it's truly shocking.

Defence all over the place but CR7 does the business again, Spurs & Gooners are wobbling & we might just yet sneak into 4th.

On 13/04/2022 at 09:05, Chuck in Bangkok said:

There's no reason to believe that Liverpool and City won't dominate again next year, so I hope we don't spend BIG on 2022-23 when really we need to build, looking toward 2023-24 on.

I know it's not a popular position to take, but this team has tried to believe it was just a step away for the last 9 years, when really we haven't been closer than last years illusionary 12 points off the top spot. (When van Dijk missed almost the whole season for Liverpud)

It would make me happy to see this team gutted - and young, fresh talent (considerably cheaper), but MORE hungry to prove themselves, are brought in to build into a team. An ACTUAL team with a real system of play.

Not that there isn't established talent out there we won't bring in. But to be honest I'm curious to see who they bring up from our own younger teams as well as who they bring in that I'm NOT as familiar with.

There's SO MUCH talent out there that ISN'T a brand name on Instagram yet and expecting a huge wage. That's something that I think ETH and Rangnik can do for us. 

We've seen what this team WASN'T able to accomplish with a bunch of prima donnas. I hope they now go a different route.

Didn't we try to do that with the likes of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Wan Bisaka, Amad Diallo, Lingaard (to an extent). When Bruno came in he wasn't a big star yet, an up&coming player with Sporting.

Unless & until the club culture & ethos is reformed, players will continue to under perform as there's no accountability top-down. 

................................................................................................................

The main problem is the Glazers. How do we get rid?

Answers on  a postcard please. 

2 hours ago, overseas516 said:

https://youtu.be/nLxmuh6wCVY

A little reminder of what happened last time we met and looking forward to adding more pain and humiliation tomorrow night. 😛

8A35FF4A-366F-4B5E-BB05-B8F3C2C05442.jpeg

What a low blow that is,  you're better than that overseas.

59 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

What a low blow that is,  you're better than that overseas.

If you care to look even Manchester supporters  including yourself the last 3 pages are continually giving even worse “low blows” to the team, management and owners than me.😜 Please pass the🍿 Baxidar ba. 😄

With regards to your aspiration of finishing fourth in the premier league absolute NO chance which will moss certainly effect you attracting the top talent in the next transfer market and subsequent. You need to build a whole NEW young team with fight who are brought in and have had it drilled into them from an early stage in their career to play pressing football with all 10 players not just 4 or 5 if you are lucky with your current  players. 😂This will take at least 4 years for you to be able to challenge for the top four let alone the title.

Do you honestly think while your team are building for the future the Likes of Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal and Tottenham are also not going to get any stronger? 🤪

Baxidar Ba, you think Rice from West Ham, Sakka from Arsenal wants to come to Manchester United to be part of a building project when they have got a better chance than yourselves of getting into the top four with their current clubs? 🤑

I honestly think that the Manchester United supporters think if they keep throwing money at the squad with big names that they will succeed? Well that is all you have done over the last few years and you are still no further forward.  🥳 You may not like it but you need to go back to basics and build a team that gives 100% every game and are not in the papers dragging down the good name of the club.

You just look why Klopp at Liverpool has had success because they realised that they needed a major overhaul from the grass routes to the training ground, stadium, the way they play throughout all age groups to the current team. That has taken over 6 years and now they play exciting pressing football and are being rewarded for their success in the form of trophies 🏆.

11 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

If you care to look even Manchester supporters  including yourself the last 3 pages are continually giving even worse “low blows” to the team, management and owners than me.😜 Please pass the🍿 Baxidar ba. 😄

With regards to your aspiration of finishing fourth in the premier league absolute NO chance which will moss certainly effect you attracting the top talent in the next transfer market and subsequent. You need to build a whole NEW young team with fight who are brought in and have had it drilled into them from an early stage in their career to play pressing football with all 10 players not just 4 or 5 if you are lucky with your current  players. 😂This will take at least 4 years for you to be able to challenge for the top four let alone the title.

Do you honestly think while your team are building for the future the Likes of Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal and Tottenham are also not going to get any stronger? 🤪

Baxidar Ba, you think Rice from West Ham, Sakka from Arsenal wants to come to Manchester United to be part of a building project when they have got a better chance than yourselves of getting into the top four with their current clubs? 🤑

I honestly think that the Manchester United supporters think if they keep throwing money at the squad with big names that they will succeed? Well that is all you have done over the last few years and you are still no further forward.  🥳 You may not like it but you need to go back to basics and build a team that gives 100% every game and are not in the papers dragging down the good name of the club.

You just look why Klopp at Liverpool has had success because they realised that they needed a major overhaul from the grass routes to the training ground, stadium, the way they play throughout all age groups to the current team. That has taken over 6 years and now they play exciting pressing football and are being rewarded for their success in the form of trophies 🏆.

Took you 30 years & Klopp was just happenstance with Dortmund & Rogers both coming to an end of the cycle.

On 17/04/2022 at 16:47, Mick Pattaya said:

Didn't we try to do that with the likes of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Wan Bisaka, Amad Diallo, Lingaard (to an extent). When Bruno came in he wasn't a big star yet, an up&coming player with Sporting.

Unless & until the club culture & ethos is reformed, players will continue to under perform as there's no accountability top-down. 

The important part of what I said was "An ACTUAL team with a real system of play.

Ole's 'Park the bus and try and hit them on the counter attack' IS a style of play... just not the one that's going to compete  with City and Liverpud. 

Martial we paid a lot of money for - Diallo played, what 2 games for Ole? - Lingard was 26, 27 years old when Bruno showed up... Ole's idea of using young players was to put someone in when a regular got overplayed to the point of injury and he had no other choice.

I'd like to see a REAL gutting and use of young hungry players.

I'd keep Bruno and Elanga and Sancho and DeGea as starters.

I'd keep Ronaldo, McTominey, Fred, Telles, Dalot, and AWB as regular backups.

Not sure what to do with Shaw and Varane and their injuries

Everybody else can take a hike. 

The legend that is Phil Jones is starting tonight alongside Maguire, so if nothing else we are guaranteed a bit of slapstick comedy. 

I'm fearing the worse.

It's so bad of a performance so far that here in the U.S., the Hulu servers have short circuited and I can't watch it. How dare they deny me this self abuse. 

Fair play to Liverpool fans for applause “ YWNWA “ for Ronaldo .. Class . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Fair play to Liverpool fans for applause “ YWNWA “ for Ronaldo .. Class . 

Sorry to hear that Ronaldo's son had recently died.