Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

A72FA65B-5285-4988-B610-1B1B1DFD8989.jpeg

• Haha 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...

So the 2022-23 season starts today & so far we have signed Malacia (squad player), Erikssen (upgraded squad player), Martinez (upgraded squad player).

Not a single signing of an ready made established player who walks into the 1st team with completed pre-season & impacts the playing 11 immediately.

Has Woodward really resigned & gone away???, I am starting to think otherwise. 

................................................................................................................

42 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

So the 2022-23 season starts today & so far we have signed Malacia (squad player), Erikssen (upgraded squad player), Martinez (upgraded squad player).

Not a single signing of an ready made established player who walks into the 1st team with completed pre-season & impacts the playing 11 immediately.

You are too negative man! Eriksen kept Brentford up, I am sure he will do the same for you...have heart! 

36 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

You are too negative man! Eriksen kept Brentford up, I am sure he will do the same for you...have heart! 

Christian Eriksen is a good player, no doubt about that. But, he is a risky investment as far as I see it. Man U seems to take that risk and hope nothing will happen to Eriksen on/off field.

Serie A, Italy, refused him due to the risks involved. 

Hope the both (CE and ManU) to have a good season coming!

12 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

The transfer window closes at the end of this month....lets wait and see then post comments OK?

17 hours ago, petermik said:

The transfer window closes at the end of this month....lets wait and see then post comments OK?

& wait for what??,

We signed Wan Bissaka when Diogo Dalot was already at the club & deemed not competent enough & therefore loaned to AC Milan.

Wan Bissaka had an average season & half and all of a sudden it is now decided Diogo Dalot is our dependable right back??, with Wan Bissaka probably being loaned out this season.

Its called a game of ''musical chairs'', definitely no strategic team building planning there. 

All through the Ed Woodward era, I have seen enough to know no magic will happen by the end of the month. If at all, there will be some panic buying of bang average players as we approach deadline day just to beef up the numbers & get the monkey off the boardroom's back.

BTW are you Ed Woodward in disguise? 

................................................................................................................

5 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

& wait for what??,

We signed Wan Bissaka when Diogo Dalot was already at the club & deemed not competent enough & therefore loaned to AC Milan.

Wan Bissaka had an average season & half and all of a sudden it is now decided Diogo Dalot is our dependable right back??, with Wan Bissaka probably being loaned out this season.

Its called a game of ''musical chairs'', definitely no strategic team building planning there. 

All through the Ed Woodward era, I have seen enough to know no magic will happen by the end of the month. If at all, there will be some panic buying of bang average players as we approach deadline day just to beef up the numbers & get the monkey off the boardroom's back.

BTW are you Ed Woodward in disguise? 

As I stated earlier come back and update us with your thoughts on 1st September......

• Sad 1

A big well done to Brighton who deservedly won for the very first time at Old Trafford. 😎

17 hours ago, petermik said:

As I stated earlier come back and update us with your thoughts on 1st September......

I actually track the football (Man Utd) goings-on almost on a daily basis. Don't need to wait until Sept-1st to anticipate the final product. 

Also, why should we wait until Sept-1st??, the boardroom knew all to well what this team dismally produced last season.

If anything, they should have been on the ball from 1st-June itself getting to work & completing deals knowing fully well that a new manager being already lined up & the best possible scenario for a new manager is to get deals done early so that the new players bed well within pre-season (have you seen Spurs with Conte this pre-season).

The CR7 situation currently being played out is exactly for this same reason, lack of preparation & diligence by the board.

This is basically dereliction of duty.  

6 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

I actually track the football (Man Utd) goings-on almost on a daily basis. Don't need to wait until Sept-1st to anticipate the final product. 

The CR7 situation currently being played out is exactly for this same reason, lack of preparation & diligence by the board.

This is basically dereliction of duty.  

The transfer window is open for another three weeks and a lot may or may not still happen....easy for folk to criticize when not knowing the complexities of running a club the size of United and the money wasted in the past under the previous Chief Exec.

22 hours ago, overseas516 said:

A big well done to Brighton who deservedly won for the very first time at Old Trafford. 😎

Well said, and a begrudging, belated well done to the camel jockeys on their premier league win. And while we're at it Hala Madrid y nada mas. 😎

1 hour ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Well said, and a begrudging, belated well done to the camel jockeys on their premier league win. And while we're at it Hala Madrid y nada mas. 😎

I thought you were the biggest club in the world and now looking for transfers in the bargain basement. 🤪 Have you tried the non league for additional personal for your midfield which looking at it is all you can afford at this moment in time.🫣

I thought the Glazers were going to back their new Manager in the transfer market obviously do not want to add lots more to the existing debt? 🤫

On the subject of Madrid they won on the night but were most certainly not the best team on the night. 😊

Oh and by the way Liverpool have won more trophies than any other English club. YNWA.

So looking forward to Manchester United V Liverpool on the 22nd August and looking to see a familiar outcome with the same expression on the ambassador’s of each club.

79943F15-A2AB-4150-9D37-4BD8D7C9DDBC.jpeg

EFCAF5B4-C713-418C-94EE-B51E624F6EB8.jpeg

Just now, overseas516 said:

I thought you were the biggest club in the world and now looking for transfers in the bargain basement. 🤪 Have you tried the non league for additional personal for your midfield which looking at it is all you can afford at this moment in time.🫣

I thought the Glazers were going to back their new Manager in the transfer market obviously do not want to add lots more to the existing debt? 🤫

On the subject of Madrid they won on the night but were most certainly not the best team on the night. 😊

Oh and by the way Liverpool have won more trophies than any other English club. YNWA.

So looking forward to Manchester United V Liverpool on the 22nd August and looking to see a familiar outcome with the same expression on the ambassador’s of each club.

79943F15-A2AB-4150-9D37-4BD8D7C9DDBC.jpeg

EFCAF5B4-C713-418C-94EE-B51E624F6EB8.jpeg

1597B7AB-7366-4E0B-A58F-0773A05B5A0E.jpeg

3 hours ago, overseas516 said:

1597B7AB-7366-4E0B-A58F-0773A05B5A0E.jpeg

Fergie ruined their childhoods 😂 imagine doing that on your wedding day 😂 

hated, adored, never ignored 

• Haha 1

Tough start for united and if they don't win at brentford ...someone will be phoning sam allardyce lol

We've seen this before... here come the panic buys in the last weeks of the window.

Having said that, I like Adrien Rabiot and think he'd be a good choice. This McFred experiment MUST end. 

Ralf said it best, though it cost him a place in the organization: "You need to sell 10 players and buy 10 players."

Having said that.... well... he was spot on. 

13 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Ralf said it best, though it cost him a place in the organization: "You need to sell 10 players and buy 10 players."

Having said that.... well... he was spot on. 

Let us hope they sell the right players and buy in ones that will actually improve us....are they capable...time alone will tell?

Part of me is thinking there will be an influx. New RB, rabiot, de jong (wishful thinking), a winger n a striker but then I think how long it took to sign 3 players this summer one of which was a free agent so I’m pessimistic. That clown murtough was in Turin today to meet rabiot’s mum (lol) still no deal. Massive shambles n I fear Brentford will turn us over tomorrow 

Well ETH won't make the same mistake (hopefully) he did in the first game... he'll have CR7 to start, and have Erickson in the right position... actually, I'd love to see it set up like this:

Rashford - CR7 - Sancho

Fernandes - Erickson

Martinez

Shaw - Varane - Maguire - Dalot

DeGea

We have to give ETH time to turn things around it`s obvious it aint going to happen overnight....other managers have a high regard for him and from what interviews I have seen and listened to he talks a lot of sense IMHO.....snakes and ladders for a while with two steps forward on a few backwards.

On 27/04/2014 at 05:52, Baxidar ba said:

A new thread to celebrate a new era at Old Trafford. 

8 years down the line. How did it go?

Tom Tit

Ron went home for a meal and a wash, but what he had seen over there did not let him rest.