IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

5 hours ago, petermik said:

And good riddance......

.....amen to that

Pogba & Lingard gone & Mata released today too, I can think of several others I'd like to see shown the door, top of the list being Martial.

We've had several false dawn's in the last decade but it feels like ETH could be here for the long haul.

• 4 weeks later...

When last season ended, out of the top 6 Man Utd's need was the most dire to have a very good transfer window, to bring in hungry, competitive players who would not only excel in their own performances but also provide a kick up the backside of the ones already here & floundering.

Well, it seems the the colossal shadow of Ed Woodward's failures still lurk the hallways @ Man Utd. The current backroom/boardroom honchos seem equally inept & inert. They can't get anyone to put pen to paper & get the ball rolling before pre-season.

Seems we will have to settle for Pukki or Mitrovic to be our deadline day signing this season. 

................................................................................................................

Double Dutch, signing of Frenkie De Jong could be completed later today & a deal to sign Feyenoord left back Tyrell Malacia is also expected to be completed shortly.

While we're at it we may as well go for De Ligt too.

I'm impatient too, and with this day and age of instantaneous information its probably worse than ever. 

Someone posted this list on Reddit...

RvP was on the 17th August

Rooney was the 31st August

Ronaldo was the 12th August

Ruud was 1st July

Rio was 22nd July

Berbatov was 1st September.

and I thought.... 

... yeah, well all of those signings happened when we were GOOD! We're impatient because we're ready to be good AGAIN, and we need those players to get signed and get started!

6 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Double Dutch, signing of Frenkie De Jong could be completed later today & a deal to sign Feyenoord left back Tyrell Malacia is also expected to be completed shortly.

While we're at it we may as well go for De Ligt too.

Buy all of Feyenoord for many millions then we can have a better team too 😁

Reports today that we've met Ajax asking price of £43 mil for Lisandro Martinez, hopefully we'll bring a partner for him too & then have a CB fire sale, we've got about 6 to get rid of.

8 minutes ago, nonthamat said:

Buy all of Feyenoord for many millions then we can have a better team too 😁

May well do, it looks like if you've got a Dutch passport (or in Maclaren's case a Dutch accent) you're in with a chance of employment, basically we'll take any Dutch connection.

BM @Lhasa should be turning up at OT soon with his gloves, so having let Henderson go out on loan, that'll be be our 3rd choice keeper sorted.

I hope we sign Timber, over Martinez. The latter is a mixture of Marcos Roco and Lindesoft. Antony is a guy who can’t spell his name properly, how do you expect him to sign a contract ? He gives me the Angel Di Maria vibes every time I see him. 

Timbeeeeeeeer all the way for me 🇳🇱 

3 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

I hope we sign Timber, over Martinez. The latter is a mixture of Marcos Roco and Lindesoft. Antony is a guy who can’t spell his name properly, how do you expect him to sign a contract ? He gives me the Angel Di Maria vibes every time I see him. 

Timbeeeeeeeer all the way for me 🇳🇱 

I read an article last week that said Timbers agent was meeting with UTD officials & a deal looked close until LVG stuck his nose in.

Apparently LVG advised him against a transfer to OT & said his WC place would be in doubt if he moved.

Don't know how true it is but LVG strikes me as the sort of man to carry a grudge & he was definitely unhappy about how his time at OT ended.

20 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

May well do, it looks like if you've got a Dutch passport (or in Maclaren's case a Dutch accent) you're in with a chance of employment, basically we'll take any Dutch connection.

BM @Lhasa should be turning up at OT soon with his gloves, so having let Henderson go out on loan, that'll be be our 3rd choice keeper sorted.

Was thinking about taking a gap year from work. But this does not sound like a bad idea, might give Ten Hag a ring later today.

Me on goal, Maguire right in front of me. Impenetrable fortress, Liverpool and City won't know what hit them. 🤣

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Lhasa said:

Was thinking about taking a gap year from work. But this does not sound like a bad idea, might give Ten Hag a ring later today.

Me on goal, Maguire right in front of me. Impenetrable fortress, Liverpool and City won't know what hit them. 🤣

I think you & Maguire could make quite the comedic duo, having you behind Maguire would certainly confuse many opponents, would probably confuse Maguire too.

1 minute ago, Baxidar ba said:

I think you & Maguire could make quite the comedic duo, having you behind Maguire would certainly confuse many opponents, would probably confuse Maguire too.

I think Maguire is in a constant state of confusion already. 😆

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lhasa said:

I think Maguire is in a constant state of confusion already. 😆

Nail on the head.

Ronaldo just announced that he wants to leave, inevitable really.

It's all about the CL & league titles for CR7 now, it was unlikely he was going to spend next season battling for 4th & the Europa.

On 29/06/2022 at 17:54, Baxidar ba said:

Reports today that we've met Ajax asking price of £43 mil for Lisandro Martinez, hopefully we'll bring a partner for him too & then have a CB fire sale, we've got about 6 to get rid of.

Which 6 would that be?

9 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

‎Ronaldo meddelade precis att han vill lämna, oundvikligt egentligen.‎

It's all about the CL & league titles for CR7 now, it was unlikely he was going to spend next season battling for 4th & the Europa.

Back to Real then?

@ryzen.007 off the top of my head

1) Jones - been injured for the past decade

2) Varane - quality player but best years are behind him & always injured 

3) Maguire - wouldn't even know where to start

4) Bailly - double trouble, always injured + reckless, always got a red card in him.

5) Lindeloff - not strong enough in the air, not particularly quick,  he's an ok defender, the definition of a mid table CB, he'd be fine at Brighton or Southampton.

6) Tuanzebe - still young enough to improve but so far quite injury prone & very poor loan spells at Villa & Napoli.

Doubtful Real, I'd guess Bayern Munich, Lewandovski wants out, they offer a good shot at the CL & an almost guaranteed domestic league title.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Ronaldo just announced that he wants to leave, inevitable really.

Its a sad day, was so excited when the reunion happened last season.

Have always believed, that the game/club is bigger than any player, but do have to admit that we let CR7 down with insipid performances throughout 2021-22.

................................................................................................................

Show the door to anyone who does not want to give 100% to the club.......

• Like 1

Christian Eriksen agrees to join on a 3 year deal, I remember when Scholes retired I wanted us to go for him then, He was excellent for Brentford last season, so will hopefully be a decent addition.

The business City, Liverpool, Spurs & even Arsenal are doing really highlights the lack of ambition & financial restraints ETH is going to have to deal with under the Glaziers.

I can't understand why we weren't all over Bossuma at around £25mil from Brighton & De Liigt would be an awesome signing but it looks like he's going to join Chelsea with us not even making an attempt to sign him.

13 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Christian Eriksen agrees to join on a 3 year deal, I remember when Scholes retired I wanted us to go for him then, He was excellent for Brentford last season, so will hopefully be a decent addition.

The business City, Liverpool, Spurs & even Arsenal are doing really highlights the lack of ambition & financial restraints ETH is going to have to deal with under the Glaziers.

Who says ETH is under any financial restraints?????

Paying top dollar in the past has led to the current mess we are in regarding wages and contracts for overrated players....needs sorting but it will take time.

Come back to the thread in a couple of months when things are more clearer.

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Paying top dollar in the past has led to the current mess we are in regarding wages and contracts for overrated players....needs sorting but it will take time.

Ok will do, I won't post here again.

On 04/07/2022 at 19:39, Baxidar ba said:

23 hours ago, petermik said:

19 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Ok will do, I won't post here again.

Like them or not the Glazers have sanctioned nearly 1 billion on player buying since they took over....the transfer window is open until the 1st of next month,over 3 weeks still to go so plenty of time left,my main concern....and most United,s fans I guessing is getting rid of the dead wood that Woodward gave ridiculous extended contracts to.........

It's not about the money they've spent, it's who they've spent it on.

3 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

It's not about the money they've spent, it's who they've spent it on.

Woodward in the main is responsible for that........