IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

You're not going to like to hear this....

When Bruno first started for us in Feb of 2020, we went 3-3-0 in his first six games. Quick impact. And when Pogba came back from injury just after that, we went 6-2-0 in the last 8 games. That's 9-5-0 in the last 14 games of the season, after starting out 9-7-8 in the first 24.

(For the season, we also went 9-3-0 when Greenwood started vs 9-9-8 the rest of the year, and he also STARTED those final 8 games.)

We ended up 3rd, but went undefeated in those final 14 games.

Pogba only played 13 games that year, but teamed with Bruno in that final 8 games, they were undefeated.

In 2020-21 with Pogba and Greenwood featured more heavily and Bruno playing nearly every game, we finished 2nd. We went 3-1-3, when Greenwood didn't play and 18-10-3 when he DID. Without Pogba, we went 5-3-4 vs WITH him 16-8-2. We finished 2nd.

Over two seasons (the last 14 of 2019-20 and all of 2020-21), we went 30-16-6.

Then in 2021-22, once Greenwood was arrested, we finish the season 5-5-6 in the last 16 games (after starting 11-5-6). Pogba missed the last 5 games where we went (1-1-3 without either). After coming back from injury, we went 6-4-1 with Pogba in the lineup in a season when we went 10-6-11 otherwise.

I'm not saying either one was the 'answer' - I know how hated Pogba is and he wanted to leave, etc., and what Greenwood DID - but they DID make a difference to this team. Having a solid world class midfielder and a threat to score one on one was crucial. We went 1-1-3 without either to end the season and now 0-0-2 to start THIS season.

Think about it... everyone else is still there...

This team needs a PLAYER in the midfield and it needs someone who can score on his own in and around the box. Watching us pass side to side all day and not take a shot while Brentford just parked the bus was embarrassing. We need someone (like a Greenwood) who could get the ball, make a move and let loose a canon. Bruno's more likely to pick off someone in the stands and with Ronaldo always drawing a crowd, everyone else just seems useless. 

We knew what we needed coming in... they just didn't get it done.

This could be a scary season. 

09A5D18B-4160-4E91-A303-9F81F86D689E.jpeg

• Haha 2

United’s main problem isn’t when they have the ball. They have some talented players so will always get goals. Without the ball they are really terrible. No cohesion and no real work ethic.

I don`t know why folk are getting their knickers in a twist over Uniteds recent results...we are a second half team that`s all....won 1-0 against Brighton and drew at Brentford 4 points from 6 in the second half....relax chaps   :Laugh1:

There was a celeb guest being interviewed on PLTV yesterday from Ghana and he said he couldn't buy a new United shirt in his country because dealers won't stock them, complaining they won't sell. Can't imagine why. 

8 hours ago, JoeNemesis said:

There was a celeb guest being interviewed on PLTV yesterday from Ghana and he said he couldn't buy a new United shirt in his country because dealers won't stock them, complaining they won't sell. Can't imagine why. 

Joking aside many of the really big prem clubs allegedly have huge worldwide 'fan' bases, but when part of a so called fan base is as fickle as this is the so called fan base ligit, i get the fact lots of people in other countries just latch onto the big clubs as they like the glamour etc...but 'fans', really?

Whenever im abroad and i see shirts of the big prem clubs being worn i barely take a second look, they're just fashion items for a lot of people.

No comments about the shocking turnaround we made against our most hated rival?

Maguire can NOT be put back in this line-up.

It was so fun to watch Martinez bully people yesterday.

And Malecia... just watching these guys with actual skills, being able to play their positions... 

And now Casemiro...

Finally a coach who is demanding they play... or they'll sit. 

7 more days of this window...

Let's beef up some more!

Great result last night against the greatest team ever (1 league title in 30 odd years). Here's to more of the same.

Hated, Adored never Ignored. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

No comments about the shocking turnaround we made against our most hated rival?

The piss takers have gone AWOL......

• Like 1

Antony is a done deal. 

Here's a great write up I read about him today:

Antony is not a player worth €100 million or even close to it, but he legitimately might be worth that much as an entertainer. He represents both the best and the worst stereotypes of Brazilian footballers, playing with flair and skill that elicits loud reactions from the crowd. He takes every opportunity to put on a show and is utterly fearless when it comes to taking on defenders, using his superb ball control and short area quickness to get by all but the very best fullbacks (Malacia being the toughest for him by far). In my opinion he has been the most entertaining Ajacied of the last decade, personifying o jogo bonito. Unfortunately there are also the negative stereotypes I mentioned, as he has a propensity for diving and theatrics that will drive opponents crazy.

Much has been made of Antony's mediocre goals + assists totals, especially in comparison to other Eredivisie wingers, but that is because there is a fundamental misunderstanding of what he does for Ajax and why it is so important. Antony is not the person at the end of the sequence, he is the initiator of the sequence. Like Frenkie de Jong before him but from wide areas rather than the through the middle, Antony has been the player who brings the ball forward for Ajax and creates dangerous moments. According to Wyscout, Antony had by far the most progressive passes per 90 out of all players in the Eredivisie last season while also ranking third in progressive runs per 90.

Antony takes the ball from the defense and gets it forward rapidly, then looks for a teammate in a dangerous position. When he missed time late last season with an ankle injury, Ajax struggled to create attacks because it lacked that engine to transition effectively from defense to attack. Because he plays so wide, he stretches the defense and forces them to send at least one and often two players to mark him. His positioning as well as his crossing ability helps to break down low blocks by forcing opponents to leave the penalty area. That crossing has improved significantly since joining Ajax, as he is now a formidable weapon consistently capable of finding teammates running toward the back post. His shooting still needs improvement, as he has a powerful curling shot from distance but does not hit the target with sufficient frequency.

Antony is a capable and tenacious defender, tracking back all the way to his own end line if necessary. He will hound opponents in possession, sometimes taking the ball himself or forcing them into mistakes. That makes him an important asset in ten Hag's pressing scheme, as you need high energy wingers to force continued movement by the opposition in order to generate turnovers. Because of his high effort style and relatively slight frame, he only played the full ninety minutes in eleven of his thirty nine matches for club and country last season. He has also shown hotheadedness that can interfere with his performance, as he is a very emotional player.

To sum up, Antony is incredibly fun to watch and he makes the team around him better in ways that do not always show up on the stat sheet. His ability on the ball, his left-footed passing, and his positioning create space for his team to exploit. He adds value in every phase of the game and any time he is not able to play his absence is very noticeable. While he is not worth this price tag, he helps his team win games, which is the most important contribution a player can make.

Edited by Chuck in Bangkok

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

This is fun to watch again!

Long may it continue, it's been a while. 

• Like 1

On 24/08/2022 at 03:58, petermik said:

The piss takers have gone AWOL......

On 06/09/2022 at 01:49, Chuck in Bangkok said:

This is fun to watch again!

On 06/09/2022 at 13:35, Eric Le Roi said:

Long may it continue, it's been a while. 

Spoke far too soon don’t you just love it. 🥳🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎😎😁😁😁😁

11 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Spoke far too soon don’t you just love it. 🥳🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎😎😁😁😁😁

this from a numpty whose side were whacked 4-1 hilarious....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

this from a numpty whose side were whacked 4-1 hilarious....

We are in Champions League not the Mickey Mouse Europa League. 🥳🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎😎😁😁😁😁

16 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

We are in Champions League not the Mickey Mouse Europa League. 🥳🥳🥳🥳😎😎😎😎😁😁😁😁

soon to be though.....open mouth,stick in foot :Laugh1:

28 minutes ago, petermik said:

soon to be though.....open mouth,stick in foot :Laugh1:

Being a Man U fan you have been putting your foot in your mouth for a number of years. 🥳🥳🥳🥳😁😁

14 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Being a Man U fan you have been putting your foot in your mouth for a number of years. 🥳🥳🥳🥳😁😁

Your comments you appear a little juvenile...I though this forum was for adults only....however do have a nice day and you are probably better off sticking to the bin dippers thread  :ThumbDown1:

Edited by petermik

• 3 weeks later...

Baxidar ba I see you recovery is still ongoing may it be truly long and painful like todays result was. 🥳😁😎 YNWA

I went for a walk this afternoon and decided I should be more like Cristiano Ronaldo…

…so I sat on a bench.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2022 at 20:42, davidge said:

I went for a walk this afternoon and decided I should be more like Cristiano Ronaldo…

…so I sat on a bench.

It seems now he is not even on the bench any more..... Atleast not next game vs Chelsea, he'll be out of the team.

• 4 weeks later...

I am very surprised that no comment from any Manchester United supporters regarding Christian Ronaldo interview  (the messiah according to United fans and saviour).🥳

Where are you Baxidar ba or are you concentrating on your upcoming trip? 😁

On 15/11/2022 at 18:06, overseas516 said:

I am very surprised that no comment from any Manchester United supporters regarding Christian Ronaldo interview  (the messiah according to United fans and saviour).🥳

Where are you Baxidar ba or are you concentrating on your upcoming trip? 😁

We've Heyselled the Ronaldo topic.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Le Roi said:

We've Heyselled the Ronaldo topic.

Hope you feel good typing that. 

• Thanks 1