Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

7 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Any ideas, who's showing the game tonight in Pattaya (2 am local kick-of). Generally, the closing time also seems to be 2AM for the bars & clubs, although adherence seems a tad inconsistent & whimsical. 

Usually, sports bars like I-Rovers used to stay open all through to show such late night games, but now it seems they shut shop pretty early. 

I hope you didn't waste your time staying up for that, i know 3 points is all that matters but It was a truly abysmal showing, against a better attacking team we'd have been well beaten.

Absolute shocker of a performance tonight, god knows how we won it. 

Anyway 3 points and bring on the Spurs. 

6 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

I hope you didn't waste your time staying up for that, i know 3 points is all that matters but It was a truly abysmal showing, against a better attacking team we'd have been well beaten.

I did & cursing myself for it, haha!!!, first match of the new season, couldn't miss it. You're right, the team looked woefully under prepared both tactically and physically. 

................................................................................................................

2 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

I did & cursing myself for it, haha!!!, first match of the new season, couldn't miss it. You're right, the team looked woefully under prepared both tactically and physically. 

I went to a mates place to watch it so didn't see your original question until I got back, you're right i rovers always seem to close early now, a popular bar to watch the PL seems to be Danny's in tree town, I believe they show all the late games.

• Like 1

Going to have to play alot better than we did v Wolves, Spurs are looking good under Ange, if we can hit them on the counter there might be a few goals, could be a banger of a game today.

As I posted on here weeks ago, I can’t understand why we signed Mason mount as a midfielder, he’s a number 10. Bruno and mount together in midfield doesn’t work, they are too lightweight. 
United looked tired and out of ideas tonight. Well done Spurs on their win. 

32 minutes ago, Captain Cockblock said:

As I posted on here weeks ago, I can’t understand why we signed Mason mount as a midfielder, he’s a number 10. Bruno and mount together in midfield doesn’t work, they are too lightweight. 
United looked tired and out of ideas tonight. Well done Spurs on their win. 

Our midfield is as wide open as a Soi 6 girls legs & easier to penetrate, agree on Mount he looks lost & had 0 impact exactly like against Wolves.

Mctominey would have been better today at least he's got the legs to get about the pitch, there's no balance to our midfield whatsoever & we were well beaten by Spurs.

On a side note interesting that 2 sub keepers were named on the bench ahead of Maguire.

Anthony's being accused of abusing his ex, the Greenwood situation is a mess & the Glaziers are seemingly going nowhere, it's going to be a long season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Decent for about 30 minutes in the 1st half then reverted to type 

I blame Rashford and Fernandes for two missed chances....could and should have been 2 up at half time....we are 3 points up though on this time last season....plenty of time for improvement 👍

• Like 1

ETH needs to crack the whip long & hard in the dressing room and do some soul searching of his own. History suggests, this could unravel very quickly and beyond repair. 

................................................................................................................

13 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

History suggests, this could unravel very quickly and beyond repair. 

You must know something others don`t...........:WhoSaw1:

5 hours ago, petermik said:

You must know something others don`t...........:WhoSaw1:

I am not privy to any inside information. However, I still have the nightmares from the Ole/Ragnick season.

Have you forgotten, how quickly it went bust and never recovered an entire season. 

• Like 1

Apparently the club will finally issue a statement on Greenwood today,  the charges were dropped before the start of the season so plenty of time to make a decision.

The delay just increases the media hysteria & gives a platform to the likes of Rachel Riley (I prefer Carol Vorderman anyway).

He's not played in over 18 months so any return to the 1st team wouldn't realistically be happening for months anyway, terminate contract, loan out or return to training, just get on with it & move on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

I am not privy to any inside information. However, I still have the nightmares from the Ole/Ragnick season.

Have you forgotten, how quickly it went bust and never recovered an entire season. 

2 games played 36 to go and the doom and gloom merchants are already out :Crazy1:

Just announced that Greenwood will leave the club by mutual consent.

The announcement didn't mention if his contract has been terminated  or if he's leaving on loan or being sold. 

If the Glaziers & Arnold were that concerned with morality they could have simply terminated his contract, but of course as a business that wouldn't have made commercial sense.

The whole situation has been handled very poorly by the club.

Maybe he’ll go to Saudi.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 hours ago, davidge said:

Maybe he’ll go to Saudi.

That'll suit me as long as he takes the fucking Glazers with him.

11 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Just announced that Greenwood will leave the club by mutual consent.

If the Glaziers & Arnold were that concerned with morality they could have simply terminated his contract, but of course as a business that wouldn't have made commercial sense.

The whole situation has been handled very poorly by the club.

Difficult situation for all parties IMHO but without knowledge of the FULL facts on this whole affair your comments are misguided...as well as the so called victim United have a duty of care to their employee who has not been convicted in a court of law of any offence.

No matter what decision would be made it would be criticized by all and sundry.

A shocking waste of a young talent unfortunately.

• Like 2

Following up on my above comment United were left with no other option.....if they had reinstated him the abuse and condemnation would have been huge...now on the other hand a young mother has ruined the career of her childs father by her actions....not only his future but her own also and this is something she will have to live with for the rest of her life....thoughtless actions have consequences and in this case everyone is a loser and I personally will not be surprised if their relationship in the future fails to survive this......

In no way am I condoning violence towards women....but I also understand....strange as it seems to me though....that there are couples out there who engage in and enjoy what is termed "rough sex" up to them of course.

We all have in our lives made mistakes and made decisions that looking back we should not have done...no one is perfect but sometimes a high price has to be paid....just my thoughts.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know Hojlund is only 20-years old and has a lot of potential but 75 million euro for a forward that scored only 9 goals in the Serie A is a lot of money especially considering that Atalanta bought him for 17 mil just 1 year ago.

Inter signed Onana as a free agent last year and Man Utd paid Inter 52 mil, while he's a good goalkeeper.. i can't think of 10 goalkeepers ever that would be worth that money tbh. 

btw what's up with Man Utd away kit? looks like Newcaste from far away. at a closer look you can see the stripes are dark green but still, it doesn't seem to fit the club.

@Magic040 The market is what it is (just look at Chelsea).

Peter Schmichael was saying on talksport that a couple of years ago Kasper told him that Denmark had this young kid in training that looked amazing, he believed he would in the future develop into a very special player, don't think he was expecting him to move this quickly, but he certainly showed the right attitude when he came on.

& the kit will grow on you, i hated it at 1st but it gets less terrible the more you see it, agreed though, a retro style in white or black would have been a better look.

3 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

@Magic040 The market is what it is (just look at Chelsea).

& the kit will grow on you, i hated it at 1st but it gets less terrible the more you see it, agreed though, a retro style in white or black would have been a better look.

They started with it 20 years ago, Citeh and later PSG took it to the next level, besides the money i just feel too many talents don't see enough playing time to grow, many would be better off going to the Eredivisie for 1 or 2 years.

Talking about the Eredivisie.. i find it a bit frustrating that Premier League clubs are only willing to pay good money for a player from the champion team that year. Antony vs. Gakpo discussion was pretty big here, nobody understood why Ajax got 95 mil and PSV only 45 when most people agree that Gakpo is the better player.

I don't really have a favorite club besides PSV, i just really like football especially EPL and like to see Dutch and former PSV players doing great abroad. 
I don't think the kit is ugly just strange for Man Utd, their best kits were in the Nike-Vodafone era imo.

Well yesterday was quite eventful - 

We lost to Arsenal & slipped to 11th 

We lost Martinez & Varane to injury

Maguire & Evans are reunited in defence

ETH accuses Sancho of not training properly

Sancho hits back calling ETH a liar 

Oh & the Glaziers aren't selling

Just another day at the office.