Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

On 25/05/2023 at 05:51, Captain Cockblock said:

I was hoping for more of a defensive midfielder, and Mason Mount doesn’t inspire me to be honest, given the priorities needed else where. Looking forward to any Chelsea fans option on Mount and his value in the transfer market. 

He was Chelsea's back-to-back Player of the Year 2021 and 2022.

Helped lead them to a Champions League win in 2021 (plus FA Cup Runner up) and in 2022, 3rd in EPL, a UEFA Super Cup and a FIFA Club World Cup. 

People have criticized his performance this year, but the whole team has played poorly (ala Marcus Rashford last year) ... Kai Havertz is going to end the season as the leading scorer with only 7 goals! They're on their 4th manager!

Nothing is a sure thing, but he's EPL proven, a multi-award winner, only 24 years old, and could play a big part in us getting Declan Rice and Harry Kane as well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Kane

Rashford - Fernandes

Mount - Rice - Casemiro

Shaw - Martinez - Varane - Dalot

DeGea

That would be a team to compete....

You been on the beer Chuck?

You've missed out Maguire!!!

• Haha 1

Where,s all the money coming from Chuck to buy these players....your fellow countrymen owners won`t be stumping up that`s for sure..........

Levy will never sell Kane to United and Mount is another sick note.

The Mount transfer of it goes through, reminds me of the Juan Mata transfer from Chelsea. Mata won the champions league with Chelsea and played well for Chelsea winning the player of the year etc. I think he was in his  mid 20’s when he arrived at United. He was never the same player for United. Very light weight like mount.

3 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

The Mount transfer of it goes through, reminds me of the Juan Mata transfer from Chelsea. Mata won the champions league with Chelsea and played well for Chelsea winning the player of the year etc. I think he was in his  mid 20’s when he arrived at United. He was never the same player for United. Very light weight like mount.

Like Mount, Mata won it twice in a row...

Mata scored 30 goals (with 11 assists) in 96 EPL games for us over 3 years, between 2014/15 and 2016/17, but yeah, I never thought he was a star for us... for me his biggest issue was that he was SLOW, which really made him a liability as he got older... he was somewhat limited those last 5 seasons. 

Mason Mount is one of the faster players in the league. 

11 hours ago, petermik said:

Where,s all the money coming from Chuck to buy these players....your fellow countrymen owners won`t be stumping up that`s for sure..........

Levy will never sell Kane to United and Mount is another sick note.

Yeah, money's a big issue right now...

Personally... I would prefer we got players who are on the verge of becoming big, that we don't have to pay as much money for. 

I have more confidence in that with ETH in charge and choosing those players now...

Can't wait for today's game! Every pundit has completely written us off, you'd think City were playing a pub team rather than a team that's just finished 3rd in the league.

Yes if City turn it on we could get thrashed but it's a cup final a one off derby game, we are the underdogs but you never know.

Come on United!

6 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Can't wait for today's game! Every pundit has completely written us off, you'd think City were playing a pub team rather than a team that's just finished 3rd in the league.

Yes if City turn it on we could get thrashed but it's a cup final a one off derby game, we are the underdogs but you never know.

Come on United!

Reality check for you Baxidar ba and yes the pundits were correct in writing off your chances 🥳 City dominated you from the start and such an appalling decision for your lucky penalty. 🥵You really only started to play in the last 15 minutes so without doubt the best side won whatever spin you like to put on it. 🤭

Another great game for De Gea and long May you keep him between the sticks. 🙏

Interesting to see how your sale is going but as long as everything is up in the air with no decision you could be in for a long and difficult transfer window 🤪

When are you next in LOS Baxidar ba?

YNWA

IMG_1900.jpeg

8 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Reality check for you Baxidar ba and yes the pundits were correct in writing off your chances 🥳 City dominated you from the start and such an appalling decision for your lucky penalty. 🥵You really only started to play in the last 15 minutes so without doubt the best side won whatever spin you like to put on it. 🤭

Rumours had it overseas that as a result of the scousers hugely successful season you had gone into hiding so it`s quite a relief to know your still alive and well....enjoy your thursday nights European footy :Laugh1:

• Haha 1

They were never really in the game despite the close score line. Utd had a few good moments, but City looked in control throughout. It was a fairly boring game in truth.

13 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Another great game for De Gea and long May you keep him between the sticks. 🙏

Interesting to see how your sale is going but as long as everything is up in the air with no decision you could be in for a long and difficult transfer window 🤪

When are you next in LOS Baxidar ba?

YNWA

IMG_1900.jpeg

In rambunctious mood today are we overseas? Well I can't really argue with any points that you made, yes the better team won, no reality check needed though as it was always a case of hope over expectation.

De Gea? I would hope that's his last game & yes the greedy Glaziers hanging on & preventing a sale will almost certainly wreck any major signings & prevent the club moving forward this summer.

What was Glazier even doing there yesterday? They are parasites, my biggest fear is that if the sale collapses, ETH will see other clubs signing our targets get frustrated & probably walk.

On a more optimistic note, i will be flying to Thailand in just over 2 weeks time for a month.

Hoping for a trip of culture & refinement, Where i plan to emerse myself in the local art scene, visiting museums, galleries & temples, bit of island hopping maybe hobnob with the hi-so Thais at some of the exclusive nightlife venues in Bangkok.

Alternatively i might just spend the whole month trawling round soi Buakhao for cheap thrills with cheap women eating indeterminable meat on the street with my bare hands like a savage, it could go either way.

All said, City’s successes can always be written off as wins by a financially doped club under investigations for financial irregularities. All their list of achievements as a club should have an asterisk next to them.

50 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

Alternatively i might just spend the whole month trawling round soi Buakhao for cheap thrills with cheap women eating indeterminable meat on the street with my bare hands like a savage, it could go either way.

Hope you have a good trip Baxidar ba 😎I have a feeling that you will only be doing the latter only.

13 minutes ago, Herbby said:

All said, City’s successes can always be written off as wins by a financially doped club under investigations for financial irregularities. All their list of achievements as a club should have an asterisk next to them.

Unfortunately here in the UK you are innocent until you are proven guilty. I think with all the money Manchester City have at their disposal it will be in the courts for years to come with appeal after appeal. I believe that all the teams in the Premier League are only be playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th every year due to City having 2 world class players of every position on the pitch where as most other times only have around 13 or 14 players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

The bindippers have woken.

The prawn sandwich brigade have also. 🤫

3 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Unfortunately here in the UK you are innocent until you are proven guilty. I think with all the money Manchester City have at their disposal it will be in the courts for years to come with appeal after appeal. I believe that all the teams in the Premier League are only be playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th every year due to City having 2 world class players of every position on the pitch where as most other times only have around 13 or 14 players.

Aye, agree completely.

Mini rant incoming... Bellingham to R Madrid done at £85mil, not saying he'd have wanted to come anyway but surely we could have at least bettered that bid.

On a lesser scale McAllister going to Liverpool for £35 mil, he's an excellent technical player who would greatly improve us but we are not even in the conversation.

The Qatar group have made a final take it or leave it bid, deadline on Friday, if the Glazier's don't accept they'll be lingering around the club like a bad smell for years to come & we stand absolutely no chance of genuinely competing for titles again.

11 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Mini rant incoming... Bellingham to R Madrid done at £85mil, not saying he'd have wanted to come anyway but surely we could have at least bettered that bid.

On a lesser scale McAllister going to Liverpool for £35 mil, he's an excellent technical player who would greatly improve us but we are not even in the conversation.

If a player doesn`t want to come or is set on another club there`s not a lot you can do....I,m sure ETH has his finger on the pulse and knows the players he wants....let him get on with the job 👍

Talksport reporting that 2 deals are very close Rice to Arsenal (would have loved us to sign Rice) & Chelsea & Utd are close to agreeing a fee for Mount, apparently he's agreed personal terms already.

9 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Talksport reporting that 2 deals are very close Rice to Arsenal (would have loved us to sign Rice) & Chelsea & Utd are close to agreeing a fee for Mount, apparently he's agreed personal terms already.

United must have been linked in the press with dozens of players...mostly pure speculation....I believe it when I see a pic of ETH sat next to whoever with pen in hand :WhoSaw1:

Well today I did indeed fly out with ethiad for a (much anticipated) trip but it's not started well at all, I get to my gate at Heathrow & spot "my plane" & guess what?

It's painted head to toe in blue & white & has the Manchester City badge plastered all over it, I thought to myself at the time this is an omen, it's like the start of a horror movie.

Inner monologue (peep show style kicks in) it's the start of your holiday for god's sake relax, I can't see the paint job from my middle row seat anyway.

I need to relax so movie time it is, nothing much grabs my attention with the new releases so i put on a film with Kevin Hart & Woody from cheers, (it was every bit as appalling as it sounds) can't even remember the name, but there's adverts 1st, guess what & who?

Yep 1st advert is Pep fawning over how great life is here in Abu Dhabi this was followed by Kyle Walker & Haaland playing golf & raving on about the world class courses. I half expected Grealish to come  staggering out of some hi so bar, trousers round ankles, puking up in the street.

So this is now officially the worst start to a trip I'd ever had (& we've not even taken off yet).

I was exhausted so thought fook this I'll take my 1 remaining zopclicone, sleep the entire flight & put this sh1,t show behind me.

Unfortunately this didn't work out well especially for the small Indian gent sat next to me, he was as pleasant & cheerful as could be.

Whilst at home I can take 1 pill & sleep a full 12 hours, but with the change in environment came a change in my behaviour, the pill made me drop into a deep sleep for about 20 mins then I'd violently jolt awake not having a clue what was going on or where I was, this manifested itself in my swinging wildly (although pretty harmlessly) at the nearest perceived threat.

So to cut to the chase (finally) over the course of that 1st part of the flight I'd inadvertently slapped him in the face 3 times, every time I jolted up suddenly, I gave him a whack, it was completely involuntary, my heart's beating out of my chest & I can't stop until it's too late.

Big English bloke (who could easily have destroyed me) was in hysterics until he copped not  1 but 2 (vicious his words) chops to the throat.

As we all depart the plane I'm thinking I should get a kicking here but they were surprisingly cool.

So why post here? This is a football thread you moron, well all that Man City love proved just too much to take in my rather fragile state.

All my good new holiday vibes have imploded, my moods ruined & as I sit here & write this out now I've only been in Thailand 3 hours. 

But I know I'm (mostly among friends here) & I'm sure I'll feel nothing but positivity  from here on in.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Goodbye David DeGea....your time is up 👍

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any ideas, who's showing the game tonight in Pattaya (2 am local kick-of). Generally, the closing time also seems to be 2AM for the bars & clubs, although adherence seems a tad inconsistent & whimsical. 

Usually, sports bars like I-Rovers used to stay open all through to show such late night games, but now it seems they shut shop pretty early. 

................................................................................................................