IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

On 27/05/2021 at 18:13, Baxidar ba said:

Cavani, if the rest of the team could have matched his Desire, enthusiasm & work rate it would have been a very different result.

I would have said that Scott McT was Man Utd man of the match, awesome engine and Desire. Must sicken him when he sees the effort Pogba puts in, knowing the money he is on.

• Like 1

TalkSport today reporting that a fee of £80 mil has been agreed  with Dortmund  for the transfer of  Sancho. 

98C42470-CB0C-4A66-81A2-1FB9EC2BCDC8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Not Utd news specifically but just listening to talksports build up to England/Germany & Jose  is slating Luke Shaw again.

He's not his manager & he's got 21 other players to critique but all he seems to want to do is slaughter poor Luke again, move on Jose.

• Like 1

35 mins from kick off & Jose is currently being interviewed on talksports, he's been asked the usual questions, formation, tactics ect.

He's mentioned Luke Shaw 12 times in 5 mins, the thing is he's not been asked a single question about Shaw.

Luke: Career trending quickly up

Jose: Career trending quickly down

• Like 1

Luke Shaw involved in both England goals, Uniteds player of the season for me, but yeah Jose hes shite.

12 minutes ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Luke Shaw involved in both England goals, Uniteds player of the season for me, but yeah Jose hes shite.

You are right, he was superb last season. Jose's continued need to single him out is quite baffling. 

2 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

You are right, he was superb last season. Jose's continued need to single him out is quite baffling. 

Jose always has to be the main man, always in the spotlight. But with his managerial skills on the wane (to put it mildly) he has to be outspoken and controversial to achieve this aim.

Sancho not sure he has enough experience but 2021 to be 80 million is again way over the real value.

The kid could not even make it in the England side.

80 million could purchase 2 or 3 players most needed in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

Sancho not sure he has enough experience but 2021 to be 80 million is again way over the real value.

The kid could not even make it in the England side.

80 million could purchase 2 or 3 players most needed in my opinion.

It's all about opinions but I think you maybe pleasantly surprised by just how good a player Sancho is.

The only thing is 1 of the current forward line will have to be sacrificed, I'm hoping it's Martial as  for the most part he's flattered to deceive.

I think Ole see's Greenwood as potentially being a future no 9 when Cavani leaves.

Varane to partner Maguire looks close to happening & Ole seems to want Trippier too, I don't know why as I think our current fullbacks are better than him.

It's just a quality holding midfielder then & assuming Pogba & his agent  can concentrate on football & give their mouths a rest we might be set for a decent season.

11 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

It's just a quality holding midfielder then & assuming Pogba & his agent  can concentrate on football & give their mouths a rest we might be set for a decent season.

Are you expecting Pogba to be sold to pay for this outlay and others?

2 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Are you expecting Pogba to be sold to pay for this outlay and others?

No but he's only got 12 months left on his contract, I can see it turning into a circus & possibly being a distraction.

IMO Get read of both the inconsistent French fucks & use the money wisely. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ole signs a new deal until 2024, I'm not sure what the Glaziers real long term ambition is.

Do they want to catch & overhaul City & make us champions again? 

Or are they happy with a top 4 finish so they can keep milking the cash cow, with very little effort on their part?

Should Kane & Grealish sign for City we can kiss any realistic title aspirations we may have harboured for next season goodbye.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

While the cash keeps rolling in it's all hunky dory for the Glazers.

Can't see us winning any of the 2 main pots while they are here.

City will keep us at arms length with their superior buys (so much for the financial fair play bollocks)

Anyway hope I'm totally wrong, could be another treble on the horizon.

MUFC ONE LOVE.

Varane a done deal at £41 mil & signed for 4 years with option of a 5th.

Not bad business all round, we get a proven winner & an upgrade on Lindeloff & Real get a decent fee considering he's in the last year of his contract. 

Still hoping for at least a defensive midfielder, not sure the Glaziers will want to spend big for a 3rd time this window but we will see.

13 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Varane a done deal at £41 mil & signed for 4 years with option of a 5th.

Not bad business all round, we get a proven winner & an upgrade on Lindeloff & Real get a decent fee considering he's in the last year of his contract. 

Still hoping for at least a defensive midfielder, not sure the Glaziers will want to spend big for a 3rd time this window but we will see.

Quoted upfront price of 34 mil+8 mil in addons....

• 2 weeks later...

Warning depressing rant (non covid related)

So City have signed Grealish for a cool £100 mil. 

Whilst "True professional" " one of our own"  gentleman Harry seems to have gone AWOL until he's also sold to City.

These are 2 of the best English players of this current generation that will improve any team they sign for immeasurably.

There's no suprise they've chose Pep's  City &  I appreciate the SAF era has passed now but we seemed to let City have them without the slightest objection.

Surely when players of this quality become available Manchester United should  be making bids, surely we should be at least be in the running.

It's just MHO but had we had beaten City to these 2 we'd surely be a genuine challenge.

Chelsea & liverpool will harbour hopes but seriously, can anyone realistically see anything but another City PL title?

• Like 1

Rant 2

Just been confirmed that Lionel Messi is leaving Barcelona with immediate effect.

His 50% wage reduction wasn't good enough for the Spanish financial fair play & he will be at a new club very soon.

Is this set to be another Pep signing? So Kane scores 30 goals a season at spurs who finish 7th.

He'll now have Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne & now maybe Messi feeding him chances.

Kane & Messi alone could be good for 80 goals between them & City's defence is as tight as they come.

I'm writing off this season before it's even started, I need a new hobby, I think I'll take up gardening or knitting.

Gaz, let me know if you'd like a new flat cap & I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Baxidar ba

Not a rant, jump some random thoughts...

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Grealish. Injuries, weather, crossbars, fate... so many things can determine a win or a loss. Even last season, as GREAT a season as City had and as disappointing as those here saw United last season, if we'd have (in specific games) scored 3 more goals and they'd have scored (in specific games) 3 LESS goals, we'd have tied them for the top spot in the league. (Granted, they still would've won on GD, but that's how close it was...)

I've seen too many players over the years change teams and get huge wages and just not fit in the right way, or get their goals but not when the team NEEDED them to, or pull up lame with minor injuries and not help or whatever.

I get the worry and the downtrodden 'woe is me' from fans, it's natural - it's been a long time between winning the EPL, but... Ole has improved us every year, and has put together a really solid team who should be able to do a great deal more with these new pieces in place. You just never know...

I want to see talent and team work and strategy WIN in this league... not money on money with more money. I want the people who complain about high salaries and big signings (I'm not one of them) to be RIGHT and City lay a big egg and United surprise the world.

The window is still open as well. We might get Trippier or Camavinga or some additional piece that helps us even more. Maybe Donnie blossoms this year. Maybe McTominey has a Luke Shaw talent spurt. Maybe Fred starts getting his knee over the ball. Maybe Sancho is exactly the right piece to ignite our offense and Varane is exactly the right piece to power our defense.

At some point champions fall and someone new takes the mantle... here's to hoping we do that this year. 

Very promising v Everton today, looking forward to the Leeds game.

My opinion so far is I am not sure if the very best of Varane has been & gone. Another French moody guy to add to the 2 already at the club.

Sancho looks a top talent so lets hope he comes good.

3 more signings needed minimum IMO as with what other clubs are signing they are playing to be in the top 4.

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea purchasing strong & all have very experienced managers.

Man Utd got a new kit & a new sponsor but come what May 2022 it will be a manager with no ability for a massive job & did not rule the players with conviction or passion just like last season he could not get the best out of the best he had.

over 3 years now with out a pot to piss in.

Jack.

11 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

My opinion so far is I am not sure if the very best of Varane has been & gone. Another French moody guy to add to the 2 already at the club.

Is Pogba and Martial moody or is that the impression the British press try to portray? The coaches and players love them...

Is Varane moody? Just because he isn't a loud mouth?

Sancho looks a top talent so lets hope he comes good.

3 more signings needed minimum IMO as with what other clubs are signing they are playing to be in the top 4.

I hope so, I really do. But then everyone will claim we spend too much money.

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea purchasing strong & all have very experienced managers.

Man Utd got a new kit & a new sponsor but come what May 2022 it will be a manager with no ability for a massive job & did not rule the players with conviction or passion just like last season he could not get the best out of the best he had.

We finished 2nd to a team with an even bigger payroll than us (and ahead of two teams with a bigger payroll than us), we scored the 2nd most goals in the league and we came within a penalty kick of winning our first cup in four years. After losing 3 of our first 5 games, we lost only one of our next 28 games.

We were even in 1st place for a couple of weeks in January - someplace we haven't been that late since SAF was in charge...

And all of that was with Pogba missing almost half the games this year... 

over 3 years now with out a pot to piss in.

Jack.

Well... 4 years isn't it? But... Ole HAS improved us each year. He's made good buys in the market. And this is the most talent we've had since that last Cup. Of course the year we won that cup we still had proven champions on our team like in Ibramovic, Rooney, Valencia... hell, even Michael Carrick played 18(5) games that year.

On paper it looks like City has already won the EPL. But anything can happen...