IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

12 hours ago, petemoss said:

After putting the old enemy in their place yesterday, we're now third with a game in hand. Difficult game on Boxing Day but a win will put us 2nd with a game in hand, setting up a title clash on the 17th. Onwards and upwards.

We've come a long way!

A draw sucks, but we're in the same spot - game in hand win and we're clear #2.

Leicester looked more energized than us - at times it felt like we were playing with 10 men - but they SHOULD look more energized - they're on only their 3rd game in 10 days, two of which were at home - what kind of soft schedule is that? We're on our 4TH game in 9 days, THREE of which were on the road including this one. :WTF1:

Oh man... Wolves on Tuesday, making 5 games in 12 days - at least it's at home...

Bit disappointed with that showing. We didn't play that well but had enough chances to win it, on another day Rashford gets a hat-trick and all is well. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Man Utd got a draw, they scored 2 goals but again the defence is just not good enough.

Anthony Mashial is just not for me & any fan can see he is no where near consistent enough.

James has fire & looked like he is going back in the right direction.

Fred is not for me & again he is not good enough.

Rogers has got Leicester on it & looking a top 4 team.

It was a game Man Utd needed to win but as last season they are still well short in the big games.

defence, defence defence with a poor defence you can not win much.

They are however getting better. 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 20:30, Jack Frost said:

Man Utd got a draw, they scored 2 goals but again the defence is just not good enough.

We settled for a draw on the road, against the 2nd place team, playing our 4th game in 9 days, but today...

Liverpool had a draw, at HOME, against West Brom!

And Spurs had a draw against 11th place Wolves!

Anthony Mashial is just not for me & any fan can see he is no where near consistent enough.

Really? The guy has had 2 goals and 4 assists in the 3 previous games...

James has fire & looked like he is going back in the right direction.

I do like James but... He scored his first goal in a year last game, and got pulled in this one for Cavani, who promptly did score. If Martial is inconsistent, what does that make James?

Fred is not for me & again he is not good enough.

Definitely lost me there. I guess we all have individual preferences.

Rogers has got Leicester on it & looking a top 4 team.

If we win our game in hand, we're higher in the standings than they are.

We're 6-2-0 in our last 8 PL games. No one has a better record over that same time.

It was a game Man Utd needed to win but as last season they are still well short in the big games.

defence, defence defence with a poor defence you can not win much.

They are however getting better. 

There are times our defense looks clueless... we still have needs obviously, but, I like where we are and where we seem to be going.

Big win today and we are straight up #2!

2 points from 1st place!

We are now 18-8-3 in the PL since Bruno joined (9-5-0 to end last year and 9-3-3 this year) - that's better than even Liverpool over the same span! By one point...

(18-7-4 or 9-2-3 to end last year and 9-5-1 this year)

Good game last night, fair play to Villa for making a real go of it. Better finishing and we could have put the game to bed instead of having to suffer the nail biting finale. Can't believe where we are in the league after the start we had, but I'll gladly take it.

Happy New Year to Reds everywhere. MUFC ONE LOVE

• Like 2

Lost 4th Semi in a year.

Still miles from what they should be.

If any Man Utd fan is happy then I am not.

Jack.

You mean to tell me after 17 games we have more points than anyone else in the Premier League?

Guess it doesn't really matter unless it's at the end of the season, but...

Still... this is the first time we've been here this late since SAF was in charge, 8 years ago.

It's the most fun it's been in years!

On 07/01/2021 at 19:25, Jack Frost said:

Lost 4th Semi in a year.

Still miles from what they should be.

If any Man Utd fan is happy then I am not.

Jack.

19 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

You mean to tell me after 17 games we have more points than anyone else in the Premier League?

Guess it doesn't really matter unless it's at the end of the season, but...

Still... this is the first time we've been here this late since SAF was in charge, 8 years ago.

It's the most fun it's been in years!

Every cloud has a silver lining.....:WhoSaw1:

May 2021 will tell the reality.

OGS full credit top of the pile at this stage but I see flaws galore.

2 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

May 2021 will tell the reality.

OGS full credit top of the pile at this stage but I see flaws galore.

Of course there are.

But be realistic - last YEAR - a little less than one year ago, we played Burnley at HOME and lost 2-0.

We had to start Phil Jones, and Andres Pereira. Jesse Lingard had started 6 of our last 11 games. Brandon Williams had to start 4 of the last 5 games - I love the kid, but he should not be a everyday starter yet. We had to start Juan Mata in 2 of the last 3 games. Dan James had started 22 games already. (I love James too, but he isn't ready to be an every game starter.) There just wasn't anyone else.

(Ashley Young had started 12 of 23 games! Love that guy too, but c'mon!)

Martial had missed 6 league games with injury, and Marcus Rashford had missed two of what would be 7 games with injury. Paul Pogba had only started 5 games for us. 

We were 9-7-8. In 5th place, and 36 points off of Liverpool.

Right now we are 11-3-3.* And in 1st place!

And yes, it means nothing if we're not there May 21st. I get that. And yes, we have flaws, but nothing like last year at this time. We are a much more talented team. We're still probably 2 exceptional players away from being a very dangerous team... but...

I'm more scared, excited, worried, fired up, happy, nervous, etc. about this game vs Liverpool since anything I can remember in the last 8 years!

Part of getting to #1 on May 21st is getting used to being there during the regular season.

There's been plenty to be down about over 8 years, I'm ready to watch some games that have some real meaning. Win or lose on Sunday, this team has made steps towards being COMPETITIVE on the top level in this league and as we add more Ole influenced players we CAN get better and better.

I'm ready for it. It seems we're on the right path.

* After 17 games we were 6-7-4, in 6th place and 24 games off 1st place Liverpool.

** Also of note - Klopp didn't win a cup until his THIRD FULL season (a partial and then 3 full) - he finished 8th (in the partial), 4th, 4th and then 2nd in the year they won the Champions League.

Ole by contrast has finished 6th (in the partial), 3rd, and...

I hope all the Ole knockers will now be silenced and allow him the time he needs to turn it round fully :GrinNod1:

• Like 1

I very rarely would ever say this, and I certainly ALWAYS want a win, but... that's a big draw at Anfield. 

We're still in 1st place!

The Ole roadshow continues, 3 hard earned points last night capped by a superb winner from Pogba.

Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, Eric Le Roi said:

The Ole roadshow continues, 3 hard earned points last night capped by a superb winner from Pogba.

Long may it continue.

The bookies thinks we have no chance ... United are 7/1 .  They are always right . 

Jack Grealish would  be a big plus to United squad ... Great player . 

Edited by jocky king

7 hours ago, jocky king said:

Jack Grealish would  be a big plus to United squad ... Great player . 

He was never in the game against City yesterday....a goalscoring number 9 is what,s needed :GrinNod1:

Well... Cavani did what a striker is supposed to yesterday, he got in the box and got two chances on goal and converted one of them. Can he hold up all year at his age?

Personally, I'd like to see us get a REAL Right Winger - someone who can make things happen from out there. Greenwood wants to come inside, Rashford wants to come inside. And other than Cavani, NO ONE wants to go in the box to get those passes.

We need one more GREAT signing.

Of course, if Maguire puts in even one of those 2 balls he got his slabhead on or, Martial can get even 2 of his 8 shots over the last two games or Bruno can miss the post and get it in goal at least twice in the 12 shots he's had over the last 3 games... or if Rashford can stay onside a nano second longer...

NOT all that much to ask for...

We'd appear to be a bit dominating. 

In other words... we've won, and we haven't been playing our absolute best yet...

Still, I'd like to see an experiment like this sometime:

Cavani

Rashford - Van der Beek - Fernandes (Yeah, I said it)

Pogba - Matic

Shaw - Maguire - Bailly - AWB

DeGea

Edited by Chuck in Bangkok

An absolute disgrace of a performance last night.

No more to say, pretty much speechless.

7 hours ago, gazO said:

Made my day 

Being a Leeds fan it,s probably going to be the highlight of your season....BTW who have you got in the next round of the FA cup?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the Mutd created farce that was Sheff united 2nd goal was beyond belief

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 28/01/2021 at 11:40, beethoven said:

the Mutd created farce that was Sheff united 2nd goal was beyond belief

Agreed. But for me the whole 90 minutes was beyond belief.

Why didn't DeGea just pick that ball up? So frustrating sometimes... the most experienced guy on the field and sometimes he just leaves me scratching my head on some of his decisions...

Anyway... onward. Let's see how Ole's got them for today.