Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Whèn I saw a 6 changes for Sheffield United from the Liverpool match , I didn’t like it cos The changes was disrespectful to Sheffield United ... Ole should treat every match as a cup final no matter if it is Liverpool , City or Chorley or Doncaster  . Respect every team is essential. Rant over . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jocky king said:

Whèn I saw a 6 changes for Sheffield United from the Liverpool match , I didn’t like it cos The changes was disrespectful to Sheffield United ... Ole should treat every match as a cup final no matter if it is Liverpool , City or Chorley or Doncaster  . Respect every team is essential. Rant over . 

l agree with you Jocky but in defence of all managers they pick a team that they think will win them the game. The problem with all squads in the premier league currently is playing twice a week and more and more stresses on muscles and limbs and managers having to rotate to prevent major injuries within the squad. The big problem with rotation is the players coming in do not have any rhythm and do not have the match fitness of regular players and also they are not replacing like with like. I can think of only Manchester City who have at least two world class players for every position on the pitch where as most teams only have the first eleven.

Jocky where do you think Manchester United will finish in the Premier League this season?

2 hours ago, overseas516 said:

l agree with you Jocky but in defence of all managers they pick a team that they think will win them the game. The problem with all squads in the premier league currently is playing twice a week and more and more stresses on muscles and limbs and managers having to rotate to prevent major injuries within the squad. The big problem with rotation is the players coming in do not have any rhythm and do not have the match fitness of regular players and also they are not replacing like with like. I can think of only Manchester City who have at least two world class players for every position on the pitch where as most teams only have the first eleven.

Jocky where do you think Manchester United will finish in the Premier League this season?

United no chance to win this year , might have a chance for 3 or 4 th place . It’s City by a mile with Your team come second .. Like you said , City have every dept covered whereas Pool and us don’t have .. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jocky king said:

United no chance to win this year , might have a chance for 3 or 4 th place . It’s City by a mile with Your team come second .. Like you said , City have every dept covered whereas Pool and us don’t have .. 

Liverpool will struggle to get into top four without a NEW centre back as the players we rely on Henderson and Fabinho are playing in our defence rather than our much preferred midfield engine room.

5 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Liverpool will struggle to get into top four without a NEW centre back as the players we rely on Henderson and Fabinho are playing in our defence rather than our much preferred midfield engine room.

Liverpool (2 nd team )is still strong than rest of the premiership except City .. Did you see Under 23 on You tube , United 6-3 to Liverpool , Amad Diallo of Ivory Coast age 18 Cost £37 m , made a debut and scored two .. They have high hopes on him , he is special .  Have a look and what you think ... But like many many players , their expectations vanished as they grow older .. 

Poor against Arsenal today & piss poor against Sheffield Utd.

No leaders on the pitch & no intensity.

Multi Millionaires that need a rocket up there Ass.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Liverpool (2 nd team )is still strong than rest of the premiership except City .. Did you see Under 23 on You tube , United 6-3 to Liverpool , Amad Diallo of Ivory Coast age 18 Cost £37 m , made a debut and scored two .. They have high hopes on him , he is special .  Have a look and what you think ... But like many many players , their expectations vanished as they grow older .. 

Looks a great player but as you say will he make the first team only time will tell Jocky? Who is the United number 10 with the big hair Jocky?

Jocky you have a look at Harvey Elliot who is on loan at Blackburn Rovers from Liverpool who is creating big headlines with assists and goals and our hopes he one day replace Mo Salah??????

3 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Looks a great player but as you say will he make the first team only time will tell Jocky? Who is the United number 10 with the big hair Jocky?

Jocky you have a look at Harvey Elliot who is on loan at Blackburn Rovers from Liverpool who is creating big headlines with assists and goals and our hopes he one day replace Mo Salah??????

His name is Hannibal ( funny name lol ) from France ( His Father used to play for Tunisia)  . Played for U23 since 2019 . Is he any good to you ? I don't find him special Or is it his hair ? Lol .. Chong too had hair like him , out on loan to German club , United not happy with the club ( Bremen ) giving him a short game time , only played twice I think .. your side has plenty of good academy players , Klopp brave enough to throw them in a top game .. Trent for an example , probably the best right back in Europe.  Last few years , we had high hopes on few academy players , they just fade away after few years , I won’t be building hopes on Diallo , like I did in the last few years , but A £37 million for a 18 years old boy , the scout must have known him better ... Liverpool badly need Van Dijk back ASAP.. 

Edited by jocky king
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

In a nutshell.

12 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

As a Gooner I thought we should have nicked it but neither side was up to much.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

6 hours ago, whitespider said:

As a Gooner I thought we should have nicked it but neither side was up to much.

Lacazette was unlucky with the free kick but Cavani should have scored. Neither side a patch on previous years, bring back Keano and Vieira.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Lacazette was unlucky with the free kick but Cavani should have scored. Neither side a patch on previous years, bring back Keano and Vieira.

Very good point & yes in the past these 2 teams ruled the Prem for about a decade between them.

Yesterdays showing was a million miles from them days.

Roy & Patrick had some great ding dongs even before they got on the pitch & my God they could do with some of that magic & commitment right now.

IMO not sure these teams of Arsenal & Man Utd will make the top 4 come what May.

I

On 30/01/2021 at 22:16, Jack Frost said:

18 away games unbeaten and lying second in the league...some folk are never happy :Crazy1:

We are a couple of signings off being able to realistically challenge for the top honours...the improvements in the past year are clear to see...:GrinNod1:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, petermik said:

18 away games unbeaten and lying second in the league...some folk are never happy :Crazy1:

We are a couple of signings off being able to realistically challenge for the top honours...the improvements in the past year are clear to see...:GrinNod1:

Yes your points & facts are there but they can hardly score & the way they play is not Man Utd.

I do not think they will be top 4 come May & as for signings then hold your breath as they are piss poor at this & sign players over priced or not needed.

As for me being happy I will be the first to confirm here in this thread.

Ed Woodward is a problem he thinks he is Sir Alex.

OGS not a General & to soft.

The defence is so poor they use most of the midfield to help it.

Martial, Pogba but to name two I would bomb them out.

Linderlof shit, just a replacement for Jones & Smalling.

Yes I am harsh on my team but thats because I am fan & can not suffer shit.

5 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

Yes your points & facts are there but they can hardly score & the way they play is not Man Utd.

I do not think they will be top 4 come May & as for signings then hold your breath as they are piss poor at this & sign players over priced or not needed.

As for me being happy I will be the first to confirm here in this thread.

Ed Woodward is a problem he thinks he is Sir Alex.

OGS not a General & to soft.

The defence is so poor they use most of the midfield to help it.

Martial, Pogba but to name two I would bomb them out.

Linderlof shit, just a replacement for Jones & Smalling.

Yes I am harsh on my team but thats because I am fan & can not suffer shit.

We've scored the second highest number of goals this season in the league, only Liverpool have scored more. if we can hardly score it doesn't say much for every other team in the league.

However no team in the top 11 has conceded more goals than us, its pretty obvious where the problem lies. Only Luke Shaw deserves a place in the back 4 of a top premiership side.

Edited by petemoss

9 hours ago, petemoss said:

We've scored the second highest number of goals this season in the league, only Liverpool have scored more. if we can hardly score it doesn't say much for every other team in the league.

However no team in the top 11 has conceded more goals than us, its pretty obvious where the problem lies. Only Luke Shaw deserves a place in the back 4 of a top premiership side.

United have been informed by the FA Match delegate that the referee in the Sheffield United home defeat made two mistakes namely allowing Sheffields goal as it was a foul on DeGea and disallowing United`s goal by Martial for a wrongly called foul by Maguire beforehand.....therefore robbed of three points that may prove costly at the end of the season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, petermik said:

United have been informed by the FA Match delegate that the referee in the Sheffield United home defeat made two mistakes namely allowing Sheffields goal as it was a foul on DeGea and disallowing United`s goal by Martial for a wrongly called foul by Maguire beforehand.....therefore robbed of three points that may prove costly at the end of the season.

Both of those ridiculous errors could've been put right immediately with the "correct" use of VAR and the pitchside monitor.

But it's United and we get every decision going according to the media and the ABU nation.

3-3 with Everton.

Simple truth is the defence & goalkeeper will never be enough to be top of the pile at the end of the season.

Lider shit a must replace come the summer.

IMO 2 points dropped.

• 3 weeks later...

More wonderful stuff from VAR and the ref yesterday. Footballs fucked.

Yesterday against Chelsea Man Utd  could not score a goal & this is in line with the top 6 teams they have played this season.

Martial is not consistent & needs to be replaced with a real striker IMO.

Chelsea vastly improved & defensively much better under their  new German manager.

0-0 against these two teams a few years back would have been unthinkable.

We definitely still have needs. 

But going into the season people thought with what they spent Chelsea would be a top contender. Instead they've been stuck outside the Top 4 most of the year.

People thought Liverpool would again dominate - Instead they're in sixth.

People thought the Spurs would compete for the top four - Instead they're in a very average in 8th place.

Few people would've bet money that at this point in the season, March 1st - we'd be in 2nd place - having been there or better for ALL of 2021, despite challenges from Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea away and Everton at home...

We definitely still have needs. But I believe Ole is getting us there.

Always nice to put one over the lottery winning, state funded Abu Dhabi FC.

You can have all the money in the world, buy all the best players, dodge the financial fair play rules but there is one thing you will never be, and that's.....United.

• Like 1

Great win for Man Utd.

Man City were poor but after twenty odd wins on the bounce there will always be a poor game.

After many draws & failing to score in the last few games Man Utd needed this win big time.

IMO Man City will win the Premier league but Man Utd have it all to do if they are to Finnish second.

Fulham deserve a mention as they are playing well & its interesting down at the bottom but they could be a great story & might stay up come what May.

Jack.