IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has been arrested on the Greek island of Mykonos for 'attacking police outside a bar', according to reports.

The England international was allegedly involved in a fight with other British tourists in the early hours of Friday morning before police intervened.

Greek outlet Protothema have claimed three suspects, including Maguire, then attacked the policemen physically and verbally before being taken to Mykonos police station.

Manchester United have commented and a statement read: "The club is aware of an alleged incident involving Harry Maguire in Mykonos last night.

"Contact has been made with Harry, and he is fully co-operating with the Greek authorities.

"At this time we will be making no further comment."

A police official told ESPN: "The soccer player was verbally abusive to an officer and then hit him. The three were resisting when brought to the Mykonos police station."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

^^^^^^

Wish he'd show some aggression on the field instead. We're really missing the Keano touch.

Greek reports and the truth could differ wildly.

Harry Maguire released on bail as Greek prosecutors pursue charges of assault and attempting to bribe police.

The Manchester United and England defender was released after two nights in a police cell and a trial is scheduled for August 25.

(Telegraph)

19 hours ago, petemoss said:

Trial by tabloids. Class none.

+100

Look at that picture they carefully choose to put within the monster sized headline. LOL

3 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

+100

Look at that picture they carefully choose to put within the monster sized headline. LOL

They also fail to mention several facts that didn't suit their narrative. His sister was stabbed prior to the altercation, the police originally stated that the assault/bribe on a police officer took place inside the police station and Harry has denied all charges. He's now out on bail and the smart money is on him returning to the UK, never to return and his lawyers concluding the matter in Greece.

Personally, I suspect that the local police saw an opportunity to extract some money from a wealthy foreign celebrity and that the whole thing is a fit up. Shades of Thailand?

The Greek economy is bust and heavily reliant on tourism. With them being desperate to revitalise their tourist industry, a seriously bad move. More shades of Thailand?

I read about the sister being stabbed too, if true make no wonder things escalated, although we dont know the circumstances as to why and what really happened, that would be enough to make anyone kick off.

The reported bar bill was 63 grand THATS POUNDS not baht, in 5 hours fuck me what were they drinking.

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has been found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and repeated attempts of bribery in Greece.

Harry Maguire handed a prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days. But this will be suspended because it is a first offence and charges were misdemeanours.

(Sky)

One policeman alleged that while at the police station, Maguire said: "Do you know who I am? I am the captain of Manchester United. I am very rich. I can give you money. I can pay you. Please let us go."

His colleague added that Maguire had said to him: "Please, let me go. I am very rich. I can pay. I am the leader of Manchester United."

Fuck me is he a Thai.

France manager Didier Deschamps says Paul Pogba has tested positive for Covid-19.

(BBC)

One good news are coming from news that  we are close to sign Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek and as from BBC reports, Van de Beek set to sign a five-year contract at Old Trafford. So finally something started for us.

I think it could be a very good signing. And at the price we got him for, I'm now glad they passed on Grealish and Maddison.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely atrocious, made Palace look like title contenders. Lindelof & Maguire abysmal.

Whole team looked off the pace, I know it's only the 1st game but we are going to struggle for top 6.

Expect a Woodward panic buy in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

History makers! We actually scored (a penalty) after the full time whistle was blown. But beggars can't be choosers, a wins a win.

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

History makers! We actually scored (a penalty) after the full time whistle was blown. But beggars can't be choosers, a wins a win.

Beggars ?? That today was nothing short of robbery A disgraceful decision 

Edited by macky

On 19/09/2020 at 21:58, Baxidar ba said:

Expect a Woodward panic buy in the next few days.

Still waiting for the panic buy are Manchester United organising a whip round Baxidar ba?

3 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Still waiting for the panic buy are Manchester United organising a whip round Baxidar ba?

Way too early yet, Ed will be trawlling around for the next Ighalo on the last day of window.

Alternatively after his negotiation tactics fail miserably he may just pay the asking price for Sancho the same as he ended doing for Maguire.

Penchester United was very lucky today with Brighton , they hit the post 5 times and lucky that Mourinho wasn’t there to demand the measurements of the goalpost .. :rolleyes: