IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

I took one of your take way menus, but if I could get one of your plastic ones that would be appreciated...pop in and we'll have a beer.

Cheers

Alan.

Will pop in tomorrow Alan.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi OP, I just gave you a big plug on my Thread. 332 Days as a Pattaya Expat as follows.

It is within my interest to see Wok-N-Rok succeed. I have missed decent Chinese food for far to long. The Chef is excellent.

-----------------------------------------

I hope it was a good and speed hump free Valentine’s Day for the Thread Family.

I have certainly had a nice one and feasted on delicious Chinese food from Wok-N-Rok.

It you enjoy Chinese food guys give it a try. It gets the big Barstool thumbs up.

22. Kung Pao Chicken (Hong Kong Style. In Batter)

post-15999-0-97338700-1392394724.jpg

35. Beef and Green Pepper in black bean sauce.

post-15999-0-61524300-1392394809.jpg

40. Chicken szechaun

post-15999-0-44099700-1392394773.jpg

48. King Prawn satay.

post-15999-0-38123900-1392394876.jpg

And I second that wholeheartedly, the best I've had since leaving England :Fantastic:

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I fully agree PB I believe  and hope that this establishment will maintain the good quality food and service provided so far.

I strongly suspect this to be the case as the owner, and person who cooks the food has been trained in the UK and has been ( detached ) from the Thai ways !!!!!!!! for a considerable amount of  time.

The other partner is IMO a sensible guy and understands the market place all in all IMO a good team for success. 

They seem very happy and not the sort to drift apart.

I have no connection with them.

I have eaten there twice.

I wish them the best of success.  

We need more of this in Pattaya.

JDM

As do I. 

The place is a gem. 

I am challenging the owner/promoter not to let us down 6 months from now.

Nothing more, nothing less. 

I want to see this gem succeed for a very long time.

As do I. 

The place is a gem. 

I am sure they will be a success, words is spreading here and there, news travel fast, I miss Wok N Rok now , great to have em with within our reach whie in Pattaya, often I was thinking of Chinese take away but not anymore,

I am sure they will be a success, words is spreading here and there, news travel fast, I miss Wok N Rok now , great to have em with within our reach whie in Pattaya, often I was thinking of Chinese take away but not anymore,

ha ha , 2 weeks and counting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, it will be another ten month wait for me, I wish I could take a four a year trip like Ghosty Medic here, with my budget in Ireland , I only afford once a year.

was gutted on friday, had already eaten and passed to find sweet & sour chicken as the special but was happy to see was still on for saturday so back for second time this week, first time out of many l've had the s&s chicken and was very tasty, as every other meal l have had there, and just like back home. Staff friendly and service was great as always, s&s chicken, rice and nahm som 195B

keep up the good work, see you again soon.

Kung Pao chicken (hong Kong) style last night reminded me of home.....Bristol, thanks Wok n Rok.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

As do I. 

The place is a gem. 

We will certainly do our best not to let anybody down. We are happy how the business is going. Still in early stages but see repeat customers constantly.

The sauce batch sampling and random meal tasting seems to be working. We want consistency and repeated quality leaving the kitchen on every plate and take away container.

At the end of the day it's all down to one person. She's enjoying it. Meeting new and old customers and cooking Her Chinese meals in the kitchen.

As long as She's happy and our customers keep coming, then we will be here.

In fact it might surprise you where Wok N Rok could pop up in the near future. :)

We will certainly do our best not to let anybody down. We are happy how the business is going. Still in early stages but see repeat customers constantly.

The sauce batch sampling and random meal tasting seems to be working. We want consistency and repeated quality leaving the kitchen on every plate and take away container.

At the end of the day it's all down to one person. She's enjoying it. Meeting new and old customers and cooking Her Chinese meals in the kitchen.

In fact it might surprise you where Wok N Rok could pop up in the near future. :)

I was going to make a comment about that some days ago, but refrained.

It would seem to me that you could soon outgrow the location you are in.

Getting on the boards promoting a restaurant can be like one foot in a gold mine and another in a lion's cage.

I looks like you have picked up a bit of gold and managed to fend off the lions.

I am actually impressed (aside from the good things I read about the food).

Let's see, what will I order today?

Hot n Sour Soup

Sweet and Sour Pork (Hong Kong style).

Kung Pao Chicken (Hong Kong style in Batter)

Beef in Black Bean sauce.

My wife will keep coming and I sit at home and wait. The food is great and my regards to the Chef. 

My first complaint. 

Picky, but important to me.

We went the night before last and the "string cut" crunching onions on the sweet 'n sour chicken had been replaced with chopped, cooked onions.

Not bad, but not as good as before.

Just trying to help.

Don't worry when you get here in two weeks it will still be open.

Most of the posts here are from guys who live here its a quality establishment and will survive the test of time IMO.

JDM 

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Great to know that a good few ex pat are now regulars at Wok N Rok , that will make the business a lasting success, Wok N Rok will be my regular feed when I move to Pattaya fir retirement in 2015, probably two or three times a week .

Great to know that a good few ex pat are now regulars at Wok N Rok , that will make the business a lasting success, Wok N Rok will be my regular feed when I move to Pattaya fir retirement in 2015, probably two or three times a week .

Thanks...

My first complaint. 

Picky, but important to me.

We went the night before last and the "string cut" crunching onions on the sweet 'n sour chicken had been replaced with chopped, cooked onions.

Not bad, but not as good as before.

Just trying to help.

This is how the sweet and sour chicken (onions, peppers) should look.

But you have to realise, no matter what Chinese restaurant you buy from, the look and cut of the vegetables can differ from day to day. So can the meat cuts. 

We have a portfolio of Chinese meal images from 10 of our local Chinese restaurants. Including the 2 local ones our Chef worked and EVERY same dish has different meat and vegetable cuts. But one thing in common... great taste.

If you really want stringy crunchy onions then please just ask to speak to the chef.

SweetANDsour - Copy.jpg 

This is how the sweet and sour chicken (onions, peppers) should look.

But you have to realise, no matter what Chinese restaurant you buy from, the look and cut of the vegetables can differ from day to day. So can the meat cuts. 

We have a portfolio of Chinese meal images from 10 of our local Chinese restaurants. Including the 2 local ones our Chef worked and EVERY same dish has different meat and vegetable cuts. But one thing in common... great taste.

If you really want stringy crunchy onions then please just ask to speak to the chef.

Good reply.....if something is not to your liking ask the chef, as simple as that.

attachicon.gifSweetANDsour - Copy.jpg

how should sweet and sour chicken look? ask 10 different people who have had it from 10 different restaurant and you'll have a variety of answers all of them assuring you that's how it should look because that's how they have had it.

really a personal preference question similar to who has the best pizza or what country do the most beautiful girls come from.never going to be a one answer to any of those questions

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I like my onions cut in 15mm x 15mm +/- 1mm, peppers should never be larger than 18mm x 18mm +/- 1mm. Any deviation will result in a complaint :)

who has the best pizza or what country do the most beautiful girls come from

Too easy, Italy and Italy :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

As a matter of interest, what day of the week is chefs day off? 

Who takes over the kitchen duties on this day?

I like my onions cut in 15mm x 15mm +/- 1mm, peppers should never be larger than 18mm x 18mm +/- 1mm. Any deviation will result in a complaint :)

Macédoine.10mmx10mmx10mm cubed.

It does not matter to me how I cut an onion, I will start crying any which way. :Cry3:

Archived