Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

I wish them luck.  Unfortunately they lost me as a twice- a-week customer due to unbelievable bad service (food was always great) on my last visit.  I will not go into details as the owner obviously wants this to be a positive review only thread.

You get that everywhere I wouldn't hold that against the owner, but I would politely explain to him the situation and at least give him the chance to sort it out, it maybe something he has no knowledge of and wouls appreciate the opportunity to make things better..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You get that everywhere I wouldn't hold that against the owner, but I would politely explain to him the situation and at least give him the chance to sort it out, it maybe something he has no knowledge of and wouls appreciate the opportunity to make things better..

I was going to but having seen his response to other constructive criticism on this thread I decided I would save my breath.

I was going to but having seen his response to other constructive criticism on this thread I decided I would save my breath.

I guess there are some owners around like that, but for my way of thinking, if I owned a business and the complaint were genuine then I would be pleased it were brought to my attention to be able to do something about it, it is unfortunate if business owners take constructive criticism as negative.

How long will it last? Based on my experience in Pattaya, 6 months at best.

I seriously hope this won't be the case. I want this place to further succeed, but I don't see that happening, based on the nationality of the ownership.

Why, is he an American?  

I wish them luck.  Unfortunately they lost me as a twice- a-week customer due to unbelievable bad service (food was always great) on my last visit.  I will not go into details as the owner obviously wants this to be a positive review only thread.

Please P.M. me. I will look into this.

I admit the service still isn't as good as it should be. We are actively advertising for English (as good as we can get) speaking staff.

We are trying to improve, so want to take EVERY genuine comment.

We hope you come back and I'm happy to foot the bill on your next meal at Wok N Rok.

Another night, another excellent meal (2 dishes, take away). 

I seriously hope this won't be the case. I want this place to further succeed, but I don't see that happening, based on the nationality of the ownership.

The owner is Thai/UK Nationality. The long suffering Husband is English born, but lived in Scotland a long time. :laugh:

I'm glad you're enjoying the food at Wok N Rok and I hope we stick around for a while!!

Another night, another excellent meal (2 dishes, take away). 

would you share the wisdom of your experience?

why you think it will only last 6 months and why you dont think it will further succeed based on the nationality of the owner?

CURIOUS, cant make any reasoning from your statement or how you come to this conclusion! Cheers.

I am out of thailand for long time, maybe until xmas, i wish Wok N Rok every success in he future.

I am out of thailand for long time, maybe until xmas, i wish Wok N Rok every success in he future.

are you away , jocky ?? i thought you were in patts until march ????????

Jook with pork intestine is bad ass and can be found in all jook places in patt . Soi lenkee has a stall. Chicken feet deep fry you can get at almost any fry chicken stalls.. Green curry with chicken feet you can get at any Thai curry shop . I LOVE duck feet . Even central festival food court have them . So what's your point ?.. All I was asking is what is British style Chinese food ? I don't care for orange chicken that's made with ketchup sauce and bullshit .

+1

That's a little odd. We've gone several times over the past few weeks and the food and service has always been excellent.

Was the place really busy or something?

That's a little odd. We've gone several times over the past few weeks and the food and service has always been excellent.

Was the place really busy or something?

It was series of small problems which amounted to a big one.  It was the way the staff responded to it that I could not handle.  I will deal privately with the owner and let him know what happened.  It was unfortunate and I do not want to dissuade anyone from eating there, the food is excellent, price is right and usually the staff are excellent.

I went the other night and ordered a la carte chicken curry, steamed rice and a small Leo. On the way out I noticed the daily special was a - yep - chicken curry, rice and large Leo for 35 baht less!

I briefly considered starting a thread with a thundering title calling for a boycott, picket line and possibly raising a hue and cry from the village.

Then, I thought "you know, I should look at the daily special on the way in next time."

But seriously, you might mention to the staff that many of your customers are impaired by age and alcohol and that if they order the same dish off the menu as the "blackboard special" they might direct his attention to the existence of the excellent value special!.

No complaints about the curry.

I went the other night and ordered a la carte chicken curry, steamed rice and a small Leo. On the way out I noticed the daily special was a - yep - chicken curry, rice and large Leo for 35 baht less!

I briefly considered starting a thread with a thundering title calling for a boycott, picket line and possibly raising a hue and cry from the village.

Then, I thought "you know, I should look at the daily special on the way in next time."

But seriously, you might mention to the staff that many of your customers are impaired by age and alcohol and that if they order the same dish off the menu as the "blackboard special" they might direct his attention to the existence of the excellent value special!.

No complaints about the curry.

What did your BF order?

Ive ordered from here a few more times and we went down with a group. Everyone complimented the food.

I usually buy 1000 bahts worth and it lasts me 3 days.

It was series of small problems which amounted to a big one.  It was the way the staff responded to it that I could not handle.  I will deal privately with the owner and let him know what happened.  It was unfortunate and I do not want to dissuade anyone from eating there, the food is excellent, price is right and usually the staff are excellent.

Please do. She will do Her best to remedy it and hopefully see you back again.

We do our best but sometimes they just get a bit mixed up with Regional accents etc.

Other times we get abusive customers. We had one American? Canadian? guy in, rolling around drunk giving it I want f**ing this and Fu**ing that on my plate. Shouting at the girls as soon as He walked in. He was told by the Lady owner and others (ex Thai owner who was in drinking with Her Bodyguards) in no uncertain terms to go and get out quick. In fact it was the ex owner that stopped His shouting and swearing in his tracks. not our service girls.

We have had abusive drunk customer throw money in our cashiers face just because one of the service girls wouldn't go with Him.

This behaviour will NOT be tolerated.

If it's bad service we will do our best to fix it. We want your custom and most importantly we want you to enjoy your food and drink at Wok N Rok.

We are actively looking to recruit a Lady with good English skills to take orders and help out. If you know anybody please ask them to come over and speak to Ouy or call Ouy on our number 092 969 4119

Thanks guys..

I went the other night and ordered a la carte chicken curry, steamed rice and a small Leo. On the way out I noticed the daily special was a - yep - chicken curry, rice and large Leo for 35 baht less!<br /><br />I briefly considered starting a thread with a thundering title calling for a boycott, picket line and possibly raising a hue and cry from the village.<br /><br />Then, I thought "you know, I should look at the daily special on the way in next time."<br /><br />But seriously, you might mention to the staff that many of your customers are impaired by age and alcohol and that if they order the same dish off the menu as the "blackboard special" they might direct his attention to the existence of the excellent value special!.<br /><br />No complaints about the curry.

so you got in your visit before you left, I will have to try it next time I am in town,

so you got in your visit before you left, I will have to try it next time I am in town,

Yes, the day you pointed it out for me! Incidentally, they catered some snacks at Pussy Club one night that included the best satay dipping sauce I've tasted.

Archived